Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ay TSR back at it with another unreasonably late post! Thanks to cake for managing this week, I missed clicking on a notification earlier and it completely dropped off my radar :pikuh:

Anywho, itsjustdrew has taken this week, congratulations!

For this next week, I've thought to give us something fun to while we await the results of the Bisharp suspect. In the spirit of all things resulting in tourbans spookE, this week will have some special Halloween rules. This week, submit teams with either two Bug-, Poison-, Ghost-, or Dark-type Pokemon (in order to give some variety, so every team isn't Jellicent / Gengar samey stuff) of the same type (i.e. Scizor + Heracross, Hydreigon + Krookodile, etc) or a team with three Pokemon consisting of each of the previously mentioned types. Go wild with whatever memes and shit you want too, all big heat teams are welcome this week. The voting phase will resume Saturday as usual!

MUAHAHAHAHA! A Halloween team you say? I’ve had this one prepared for a long time!

Phantom of the Night (Chandelure) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Fear Incarnate (Gengar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave/Focus Blast

Satan of Steel (Aggron-Mega) @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Devil’s Advocate (Gligar) @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Defog
- Roost

Mischievous Siren (Primarina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rampant Hydra (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

I have extracted this team from the depths of Scizor Spamming Hell through the use of an ancient curse: Scizorcus Max Speedicus! The terrors that you see from this team have been summoned from this curse and bend to my will! You first shall see the Phantom and his frightening friend! I am one who finds sadistic pleasure in using Specs on the Phantom as a single Overheat annihilates a Crawdaunt and a Krookodile in one blow! I would next up use the Incarnation’s Sub Wisp tactics in order to frighten those who dare to deal with it. I would next use a Steel-type who aspires to be the bane of all Physical Attackers: Satan! Curse makes the beast a win condition if played correctly. Next up is the devil’s advocate who patches up the Fighting and Ground weakness from Satan. It also gives me the reliable wind spell to alleviate the curse of rocks! Next up is that I had to address this weakness to the Hydra so I found the Siren to lure them into the depths of the sea and drown them. She loves the Will-o-Wisp that the Gengar supplies in order to make her extra tanky! Finally a Hydra of my own was summoned to be the speed control. It bobs and weaves through any nasty situation before it U-Turns out! Now my army has been complete to wreak havoc upon this UU night! Now prepare for this evil to extinguish anything that’s pure!

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion

https://pokepast.es/587c909f7745cedb

ok so this is a team I built for my best friends tour game against ht (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-823764027). specs hydreigon is a pokemon that tears through teams and its a fantastic wall breaker so i decided to build around that. since hydreigon is super threatening given a free switch in i decided to make a little volt turn core. since scizor and other uturners like to take advantage of a -2 drei locked into draco, i decided to go with rocky helmet cobalion that punishes these uturners. it is a fantastic pivot with volt switch and a great rocker rn. i then added rotom heat as a secondary check to scizor, flying resist and also something that can switch in reasonably well to both mega manectric and mamoswine, it also is my defogger. now that i had a core with a breaker, rocker, defogger, and some scizor checks, i moved on to a ground type. i also needed a scarfer and since pursuit trap is great for this team because its all about putting pressure on both heavy offense and very bulky balance or stall, i chose krookodile. now looking at my team, considering i was playing ht, i desperately needed some stuff for suicune and i also needed something for cobalion. i chose amoonguss for cobalion and for some nice spore action and the ability to reset suicunes stats. and then i chose malt because i needed a fairy, a sweeper was a nice edition, and because i wanted to try a funky set. refresh facade is funky because why refresh away status that boosts facade. well its mostly for stall so i can refresh toxics, keep malt healthy, and fish for burns from alo or quag or other scald pokemon on non stall teams. i chose adamant just to apply more pressure and do more damage since unboosted facade ofc does less damage that return or frustration. long explanation ik but thanks for reading if you did and spooky happy halloween!

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
sableye.gif
froslass.gif
nidoking.gif
hydreigon (1).gif
blastoise-mega.gif
doublade.gif

https://pokepast.es/9bc028171c8c3a0d
Sableye-Froslass spikestack. Sableye and froslass are two of my favorite mons and I didn't want my team to be completely generic with hydra-krook as spookymons or hydra-gengar-sciz. Also euphono's metal burst set for sableye looked fire asf and memes were invited. With three spinblockers total, and two of them having taunt, it's easy to keep hazards up. The nidoking-hydra is a basic but reliable one that really appreciates the spikes while setting up rocks. Blastoise serves as my own removal and doublade is a mon that can beat blissey and clean with ease. Hydra is handled through my own scarf hydra or just sableye if it's scarf/non boosting. Otherwise blastoise can stomach a hit and kill. Nido functions as a volt blocker, hydra provides a ground immunity, and doublade is the obligatory steel type of course.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-824778014

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Since we are allowed to meme up, here we go.

Dusclops is the ace of this team. It functions pretty similar with the block bro, except Dusclops has Pressure so eliminating trapped mons becomes faster, allowing Dusclops to PP war against more than just 1 mon. Its high defensive stats paired with eviolite makes it harder to deal with it, while rest saves up your PP and protects you from status. Seismic toss is run over night shade in order to deal with Blissey, also gotta mention that you still lose vs any ghost 1 v 1 so hitting to ghosts is not a neccessity. Will-o-wisp is our last move we use to cripple physical set up sweepers and its acceptable high pp makes it spammable in a pp war. Scizor with Hydreigon is used to form a strong core with double U Turn, giving eachother and Dusclops free and safe switch ins. Scizor carries a defensive set because this team suffers greatly from hazards, you need to keep them off your field. Megalix is here to check Latias and set rocks for the team, while Sylveon keeps megalix and rest of the team healthy. Heal bell on Sylveon lets Megalix and Dusclops use rest consistently and remove unwanted status. Our last pick is sub tox Volcanion, mainly used to avoid specs Prima destroying this team completely, having a STAB fire helps you to beat steels easier and substitute forces empo out.
spook (Dusclops) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Mean Look
- Rest

metal bug (Scizor) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

3 headed snek (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

snek (Steelix-Mega) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

pix (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

plebian (Volcanion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 44 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Substitute
Some replays :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-825572033 ( I know this is a bit haxy but just showcasing dusclops destroyed the opposing alomo. )
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-825578027 (Turns 21 and 23, effectively killing swampert and trapping salazzle without any issues)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-825587294 (Trapped maggron turn 1, crippled scizor quite effectively, had favorable matchup vs chesnaught,blissey and tentacruel.)

Small note : I had a game where dusclops just destroyed a stall team by ppstalling 4 mons, unfort I forgot to save the replay out of excitement.

Last edited:
Also known as screw speed control I have an unaware mon

So here, we have a mono-creepypasta team. Some of these mons do downright morbid things to their opponents or are just part of those "Damn nature you scary" moments. A truly unnerving team for Halloween. Trick-or-Treaters beware, if you encounter these pokemon, you're in for a scare.
First, we have Shiinotic
1540615067870.png

Like, are you sure this thing is a fairy type? So many fairy types have cute and fluffy and cuddly and friendly pokedex entries. And then there's Shiinotic. I HAD to use it here. Its a physically defensive set so it can check things like Crawdaunt, non-firepunch Zeraora, etc. Strength Sap and Spore are busted moves and also its a fairy so Taunt Hydra check. If I were a dragon or fighting I sure wouldn't want to encounter this thing in a forest at night.
1540615484386.png

And of course, Pyukumuku is pretty morbid too. The only thing more morbid than it's pokedex entry is the fact that I'm using it as my primary method of battling setup sweepers. It even has counter to one-shot mons that may do just a little bit too much damage to it in one go. It's also the team's bulky water and therefore resident Mamoswine check.
1540616248878.png

Chandelure isn't a slouch either. I'm using it as my rather ominous stallbreaker and an additional Scizor check (The other main one being Pyukumuku ofc) It'll burn up the spirits of fat players like it burns up well.....Regular spirits. A rather unnerving mon to encounter, don't move towards it's bright purple light.
1540616577107.png

Stay diligent Trick-or-Treaters, because you won't even hear Gligar coming. And by the time it clings to your face, you're already done for as it injects you and your Terrakions and Zeraora's with toxic. And as it flies off to find it's next victim, it'll blow away your hazards as well. Nothing like a good Gligar jumpscare on Halloween, wouldn't you say?
1540616787128.png

Many of the Ultra Beasts of Pokemon Sun and Moon are unnerving by their very extraterrestrial nature, but anyone who's played Pokemon Sun and Moon knows the can of worms that is Nihilego, which is arguably even more unsettling than any of it's fellow UBs. You know what else is unsettling? The fact that it can check Moltres and put pressure on most defoggers, consistently keeping rocks up against many teams. You can't run, you can't hide behind your defoggers, you just have to wait as it's stealth rocks slowly creep up your team's neck, and Nihilego begins to feed.
1540618359100.png

Umbreon comes out of the shadows, going for the enemy's neck with foul play and using it's poisnous pores to sweat toxic on enemy Latias and Scarf Hydreigon. It also just passes some good wishes to it's teammates to keep them healed up.....Which isn't that spooky at all actually, but still very much in the Halloween spirit of handing out treats! Its a very spooky special wall for teams to try and go up against.

I hope you like the team! Its a really fat team with a lot of unnerving Pokemon for your Halloween adventures. I hope you weren't too spooked by this post, and Happy Halloween to the UU community!

Last edited:

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Roar

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

https://pokepast.es/74f9073453cdee49

BIG YEETY SPOOKY CLAWS

The team is based around CB Crawdaunt + Mega Shark, my two sp00kmons of choice. They synergize pretty well as they are able to put considerable amounts of pressure on the same checks. For example, the most common switch-in to Crawdaunt for more offensive teams is either their Hydra, rimarina or Altaria, all of which Shark likes to be chipped to either sweep or wallbreak in the mid-game. At this point I needed spikes and somewhat of a defensive presence, so I chose Chesnaught. Rocky Helmet helps chip mons that carry U-Turn which like to do so on Daunt, like Scizor or Hydra (thought i wouldn't recommend to go hard Chester into Hydra). I chose Roar over Wood Hammer as it helps stack hazard damage and to deny a set-up opportunity from mons that resist Drain Punch Altaria or Lati if need be. It's an useful move to spam vs fatter teams like Aggron/Lix balance teams would their defogger/spinner be dead or present a good set up opportunity for Scizor. Next up was Nidoking, pretty basic HO rocker that helps with the Zeraora matchup if Chester is already pressured and doesn't want to take too much damage. I prefer Nido over big Mamo as a rocker on hyper offense lately as it helps in this particular regard all the while having a very respectable speed tier. I didn't really need more priority either considering the next mon I'll talk about and Aqua Jet on Daunt. Life Orb QA Scizor came next, being an amazing win condition in general and giving me a much needed Fairy check. Last was Lati, which gives me precious Healing Wish support mostly and an additional way of speed control, since outside of priority and one-time speed boosting the team is very slow. Thunderbolt is chosen to give Lati a good neutral move to lock into, as I feel that Ice Beam doesn't hit what the team needs to be either revenge killed or chipped down like opposing Shark or Bisharp that try to switch in on Draco.

I hope you like the team and happy Halloween!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)