Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
Darksafadao has won this week. He was a good boy.

Darksafadao - 3
Freeroamer - 2
itsjustdrew - 1

---------------

That's right, folks, this week's a free week! While we wait for tier shifts to give us some new material, we at the Teambuilding Competition thought it'd be fun to let y'all post anything you'd like (as long as it has checks to common threats...). This time it will not be about the best Rhyperior team, or the best Breloom team. Y'all will just be competing for the best all around team. Get to building, everyone!

1523414487507.png
1523414496011.png
1523414511394.png
1523414525295.png
1523414542208.png
1523414577817.png

2 for Flinching (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Big Steppy (Tsareena) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Synthesis

Hip Hippo (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

Kum here Lati (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

OHOHOHOHO (Jellicent) (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 HP / 176 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Goatee (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Roost

This is easily one of the better (If not the best) teams I've made mostly on my own that I am the most proud of: The Double Breaker Balance. It has a lot of decent matchups without necessarily having too many bad ones. Togekiss is one of the stallbreakers and a really solid mon in general that switches in on a lot of otherwise bothersome mons like Serp, Celebi, and Hydra. Tsareena is a check to Breloom and BD Azu while being a solid spinner that checks many rockers. Hippo is a great glue mon that checks voltturn spam and reliably gets up rocks while phazing some terrifying sweepers. Muk comes in on Gengar and CM Lati and traps them in to defeat them. Jellicent is another mon with a solid matchup against stall (It beats every stall mon barring Blissey, and its burns can come in clutch against stall mons that normally check Togekiss) that checks many problematic mons like opposing Aero and Scizor, as well as Volcanion and Choiced Azu. It also jumps 164 speed BD azu to toss a wisp on it. Its colbur to avoid stray dark coverage from mons it checks and to avoid pursuit trappers. Aerodactyl is speed control, and a generally good offense breaker with important resistances to mons like Moltres and Mega Pidgeot. it has roost to come in on these threats repeatedly while ice fang helps me with Gliscor, a mon that would be difficult for the team to break otherwise. The only glaring flaw is that the team lacks immediate power outside of Aero, but I'd say I check enough things to not need anything threatening out of the gates.

Cute Cake lacked teams, so here I am!

altaria-mega.gif
breloom.gif
empoleon.gif
krookodile.gif
moltres (1).gif
scizor.gif

Import: http://pokepast.es/7bc876cd954ab44b

This is a BO team I build around the core of Moltres + Mega Altaria. The mons are in alphabetical order to hide my teambuilding process so my opponent doesnt know my sets immediately (courtesy of pdt for the idea). Mega Altaria has good type synergy with Moltres and Defogs on most of the things that annoy it. I chose Ice Beam to hit things like Gliscor because they looked annoying. Breloom gives me a better stall m/u and a set up sweeper along with Scizor. Empoleon provided rocks, and another better stall m/u. I used Shuca for things like Nidoking, Gliscor, Aero, etc. Krookodile provided speed control as well as a Pursuit trapper for annoying things like Latias. Moltres is the star of the show (Z-Hurricane is amazing). I opted for Pressure > Flame Body for stalling out Rocks. Lastly, Scizor provides a secondary trapper, momentum, and late-game cleaning with Bullet Punch.

This got into samples so hope you enjoy!

It's not about the best breloom team or the best rhyperior team huh.
Well then that's all the inspiration I needed to be honest.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 20 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 124 HP / 204 Atk / 180 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Fire Punch

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 88 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Defog

Kyurem @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
This is a BO team that I have built around life orb breloom who got a lot better now that amoong is gone. The mons are in the exact order I've built it to give my opponent a false sense of security. Rhyperior is there to check the birds. Alo-muk is there to trap latias and chandelure, 2 notorious breloom checks. Gliscor is there to defog hazards and lure opposing breloom and heracross, doubles as my cb sciz switchin and beedrill switchin. Kyurem is there to delete opposing gliscors, mainly SD variants. It can use draco+z-outrage to delete blissey which improves my stall matchup immensely. Lastly vincune is here as glue so SD scizor cant click bullet punch untill the end of times while also being a pain for stall when said blissey has been removed.

Having been unbeaten with this team so far I can vouch for this teams effectiveness.

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Vileplume @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Liquidation
- Facade

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 20 Def / 224 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Refresh
- Roost

Scizor @ Metal Coat
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 88 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
Tbh this team has a lot of issues but I made this today so here it is. Basically I wanted to build around Vileplume + Azu considering Azu is fuckin stupid and w/ Amoonguss gone, I can finally use Vileplume w/o people laughing at me, so there's that. I went with Facade on Azu to mess with Suicunes n shit, which is suepr helpful due to the lack of Grass moves haha. Rhyperior seemed nice here considering BURDS were lookin pretty annoying to deal with, I definitely needed something for Mega Manectric, a rocker, etc. I knew I needed something for stall, a mega would be nice, a FLOATING MON, etc. So Mega Burd seemed to work out well, it came to mind after thinking of an old team the lad esche made for Iron Chef that was built around Vileplume + Mega Burd. I needed something for Lati and I needed removal desperately... Defog Scizor felt like it'd be dope on this squad so here it is. Infernape is the speed control and it completes the fwg core, also gives me a much needed Scizor check of sorts. Thru testing this team, it was a lil rough to play with ngl, issa wip ig.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Tomorrow I’m taking the act but after that expect not one but two teams. This isn’t me cheating, I don’t even care about winning I just got two pretty solid teams I want to share. Stay tuned!

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Protect

Vileplume @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald
- Substitute

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Agility

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Last edited:
D2P2 HD and vivalospride are both tied at two votes, so I'll leave this week open for a few more votes to come through until I wake up tomorrow!

e @ below: x

Last edited:

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
TSR was supposed to post the week but that never happened so I'll just go do that rq

Our winner this week is D2P2 HD! Congrats, friend :]

D2P2 HD - 5
vivalospride - 3
Miraklez - 1

--------------------

Our next week is on the Blight Fixture itself, Chandelure! Chandelure's viability may be at an all-time high for this generation right now, as the role compression it provides with its ability to assist somewhat against stall and check both Scizor and Breloom is a godsend for offensive teams. It may require good hazard removal to function well and struggles against Pursuit trappers and Hydreigon, but the utility Chandelure provides is more than enough to give it merit on offensive and balanced teams.

Please get your teams in by Monday, if you can. It's a shorter timespan than usual, but these things gotta happen when a project's 3 days behind schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)