Unpopular opinions

Oooor give enemy trainers EVs (split exactly evenly between all stats, with EV totals dependent on point in the game if you’re concerned about making it too hard - this roughly falls in line with an average player’s EVs).

This also helps make trainer battles feel stronger than equally leveled wilds.
There weren't a lot of them but various trainers in SM/USUM had EV trained pokemon that were noticeably more of a threat. Boss trainers (Guzma, Lusamine) had them but so did a handful of regular trainers. Veterans tended to have EV trained teams, and I remember a specific Black Belt in USUM whose Mienfoo OHKOed my Kabutops with HJK despite being 10 levels lower than my Pokémon.

I was very disappointed to learn that they went back to making (most? all?) boss trainers in SwSh have no EVs and IVs. I should have lost to Allister's Gengar (it had gotten to +2 SA from Gigantamax which ostensibly would OHKO my whole team) but my Orbeetle- only two levels above his Gengar- somehow outsped and KOed with Psychic. I did the numbers and 0 IV/0 EV level 36 Gengar had a Speed stat of 5 or so points below my Orbeetle's speed, so I'm fairly certain it was the minimum value.

I am all for giving trainer-controlled Pokémon even EV values that could scale for when in the game they're encounted (fewer for early game trainers, more for late game). Maybe have IVs also be even, with values dependent on the trainer class.

As a side note, didn't Cynthia's Pokémon have perfect or near-perfect IVs?

I'd add: as well as removing the option to play on SWITCH mode (considering that mode gives a extreme advantage to the player by being able to swap without having to eat an attack)
Nah, I'd leave that setting.

What I'd do, though, is asking the player whether to play on Switch or Set at the beginning of the game, because as far as I understand, there are players that don't even know you can play on Set. Or maybe have some NPC explain it to you.

Or just having set to SET by default.
Or just add difficulty settings again (without having to complete the game first) and have easy set to SWITCH and normal and hard set to SET by default.
That'd work too, but I was just pointing out that an "hard" difficulty would never exist as long as "switch" is a thing because of how much it trivializes beating trainers with multiple pokemon.

That'd work too, but I was just pointing out that an "hard" difficulty would never exist as long as "switch" is a thing because of how much it trivializes beating trainers with multiple pokemon.
The switch option doesn't really change much on a large scale of things, at least on efficient runs, after all, you will only need one juggernauter and a bunch of stat boosters to trivialize everything. Tho it should definitively dissapear as it makes unefficient runs easier and it just gives you a big advantage over your oponnent

I think that the best way of making a hard mode, outside removing the switch option and the EVs before beating the game is to limit your resources. Powerful items like revives and specially X items being unobtainable, powerful mons that speedrunners tend to abuse like excadrill, hawlucha...being unobtainable on the main campaign, reducing drastically the amount of exp and money that you get (keep the effect of every mon recieving exp tho, just reduce to minimal numbers the amount that each party member recieves to prevent juggernauts and actually give you a reason to use more mons)... This was done in fire emblem new mystery of the emblem as well and it worked great, overpowered items like the silver card (which halved the amount of money needed to buy stuff on some shops) and specially warp (which could be used to literally skip entire maps by beating them on 1 turn) are completely absent in lunatic mode upwards, drastically changing the meta of those modes.

And of fucking course, make battles 2v2 or 3v3, 1v1 formats may work in competitive but against the AI it's just atrocious.

The switch option doesn't really change much on a large scale of things, at least on efficient runs, after all, you will only need one juggernauter and a bunch of stat boosters to trivialize everything. Tho it should definitively dissapear as it makes unefficient runs easier and it just gives you a big advantage over your oponnent

I think that the best way of making a hard mode, outside removing the switch option and the EVs before beating the game is to limit your resources. Powerful items like revives and specially X items being unobtainable, powerful mons that speedrunners tend to abuse like excadrill, hawlucha...being unobtainable on the main campaign, reducing drastically the amount of exp and money that you get (keep the effect of every mon recieving exp tho, just reduce to minimal numbers the amount that each party member recieves to prevent juggernauts and actually give you a reason to use more mons)... This was done in fire emblem new mystery of the emblem as well and it worked great, overpowered items like the silver card (which halved the amount of money needed to buy stuff on some shops) and specially warp (which could be used to literally skip entire maps by beating them on 1 turn) are completely absent in lunatic mode upwards, drastically changing the meta of those modes.

And of fucking course, make battles 2v2 or 3v3, 1v1 formats may work in competitive but against the AI it's just atrocious.
There are a great many ways that a hard mode could be achieved, but it's incredibly unlikely Game Freak will ever implement such a thing after BW2. As it is they think players are so incompetent that they must constantly hold their hands or risk them getting confused and leaving.

There are a great many ways that a hard mode could be achieved, but it's incredibly unlikely Game Freak will ever implement such a thing after BW2. As it is they think players are so incompetent that they must constantly hold their hands or risk them getting confused and leaving.
I wanted to disagree, but sadly I have a hard time finding any way to do so :\
Not strictly a issue related to GF honestly, there's a lot of other IPs that tend to go too much on the easy/handholding side... but at least they usually do provide harder modes, albeith sometimes those are just the same game with higher numbers on enemy.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
unpopular opinion: the switch option is fine. i feel like the times it actually makes a difference in terms of whether you win or lose are pretty uncommon, and it overall just streamlines the playing experience by not making you have to waste a turn switching or sacking the mon you have out.

the exception is in nuzlockes and stuff where sacking pokemon isnt always a fine option.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
unpopular opinion: the switch option is fine. i feel like the times it actually makes a difference in terms of whether you win or lose are pretty uncommon, and it overall just streamlines the playing experience by not making you have to waste a turn switching or sacking the mon you have out.
Feel there should be an in-between option for Set & Switch: switching before your opponent sends out their next Pokemon.

Also I think if you're using Switch the opponent should send out their next Pokemon first and then give the player the option to switch, that way it makes sense you know what your opponent's next Pokemon is instead of some unknown voice telling you.

Not that they think players are idiots, they think younger players have short attention spans. GF and TPC for some reason worried Pokemon is going to lose younger players to mobile phone games if the game is too hard.

Nah, I'd leave that setting.

What I'd do, though, is asking the player whether to play on Switch or Set at the beginning of the game, because as far as I understand, there are players that don't even know you can play on Set. Or maybe have some NPC explain it to you.
Honestly they probably should have an NPC suggesting the player look through the option settings, maybe even asking if the player would like a tutorial. Not only is Set/Switch there but also changing how fast dialogue reads out, the now auto-save option, and turning on/off battle animations.

I actually really like the idea of disabling EVs until the postgame. It comes with the added benefit of making it even easier to transition your story team into competitive, because you don't need to get rid of unwanted EVs.
Actually I wouldn't as EVs are used as a way to show trainer Pokemon are stronger than wild Pokemon which have no EVs.

However I wouldn't be opposed to turning off IVs and Natures for the main game. Those are completely random and a bad IV or wrong Nature can really bring down an otherwise good Pokemon.

However I wouldn't be opposed to turning off IVs and Natures for the main game. Those are completely random and a bad IV or wrong Nature can really bring down an otherwise good Pokemon.
Sign me up for this one... after being a facility / minor competitive player for so long, I have a hard time *actually using* suboptimal or bad natured pokemon in game.

It just doesn't click in my brain to want to use a timid bisharp... :\

The stadium games (Stadium N64-PBR) are held as examples of better animations and new models even to today even though they feature recycled models every game. Some pokemon like Charizard got better while others like Kangaskhan look jank as hell. Lots of pokemon and moves have no weight to them that had them in the N64 games. While I know that SwSh had lots of cut corners, they don't make the previous console animations that better.

I’ve got two unpopular opinions:

1. I think they are way too many types in Pokémon. We were talking on Discord how similar so many types were defensively: Psychic/Ghost, Rock/Ground, Bug/Grass to name a few. You could make Misdreavus a Psychic type and not much would change. Offensively, it Ghost/Dark are too similar, as well as Ice/Dragon, and even Normal/Flying overlap; as well as the aforementioned Bug/Grass. There’s reason why the TCG simplifies the type system: It’s creates an unesscary complications in the battle system. It’s also the reason why other games like Fire Emblem keep the weapon triangle simple. I think the best solution would be to simply the type chart like the TCG: Of course that would mean making all the water and ice Pokémon together, as well as Bug/Grass, but it would make the type chart much more simplified and less complicated with much less overlap.
2. I’ve recently been speaking to my brother and cousin lately who don’t play Pokémon as much, and they say a big reason they lot interest is because there are far too many Pokémon. And I agree. I think a huge problem in Pokémon today is that there are too many Pokémon, and that hurts the franchise a lot. There’s almost 900 Pokémon as of SwSh, and it’s hard to give each Pokémon attention. We’ve seen from Dexit is that every Pokémon as a cult following, so it’s not like they should not try to give every Pokémon spotlight, but the yearly releases and building new Pokémon ( which takes 6 months ) takes the time away. I want a new Pokémon game that features only old Pokémon, since you undoubtedly create an experience that’s just as good as a core RPG with new Pokémon. Instead GF chose to handle problem by introducing less Pokémon, which doesn’t solve the Problem at all, only slowly adding to it.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
This is another one of my unpopular opinions that I am not positive is truly a hot take. With that said, I feel that the vast majority of Elite 4 members are incredibly boring and in some cases missed potential.

You see, the great thing about Gym Leaders is that over time they've moved on from being generic boss fights to having roles outside their gyms and being more like actual characters with their own lives and time spent with them around their regions (except for Gen 6, but the less said about that generation's gym leaders the better). The Elite 4 has never gone through that evolution: They are almost always kept unknown to the player until the Pokemon League where they dump some exposition about themselves and then fight you. This model has barely moved an inch since Generation 1, especially when compared to the evolution of Gym Leaders. Now there are exceptions who you do get to meet and learn more about outside their Leagues such as Grimsley, Flint and Drake, but that's really all they are: exceptions to the rule. Hell, even Grimsley gets a big asterisk because his extra screentime came from his surprise cameo in the Alola games. This stagnation sticks out especially bad when some Elite 4 members have the potential to be expanded upon. Agatha hints at a shaky relationship with Professor Oak to the point of harboring contempt towards him for abandoning Pokemon training, and yet to my knowledge they never have so much as a single on-screen conversation in any iteration of Kanto. Malva was a member of Team Flare, and yet that potentially very interesting concept went absolutely nowhere. And then there's people like Shauntal and Siebold who have professions outside of battling that are never referenced outside the typical E4 intro dialogue.

I can't help but feel like Game Freak has been moving away from traditional Elite Fours since Gen 7 for a reason: As it stands, these characters are really tough to expand upon meaningfully due to appearing so late in the game and not having the in-world notoriety of their respective regions' champions. Perhaps some day there will be another classic-style Elite Four that has way more relevance and breathes new life into the whole concept at a similar level to what Galar did to Fossil Pokemon, but until then I don't think we're missing a whole lot by axing these guys.

Here’s one: I don’t think the story for Black and White was all that good. All the interesting points made in the story are undercut by the vehicles used to tell it (a stratight-up evil team and a brainwashed kid whose mind can only be changed by being defeated) and the writing is as clunky as it is in any other Pokemon game.

I should of course clarify that I do think BW’s story was admirable in a certain sense, but this is mainly because it takes a different tact from the other games and manages to be minutely more interesting as a result. Doesn’t mean that the story being told actually holds up on its own as an interesting narrative.

This criticism can of course be fairly levied against all mainline Pokemon games to date- as a result I generally prefer the games that are lighter on the good-and-evil driven part of the story and focus on the character-driven experiences Pokemon can actually do well (which is what SS did imo.)

Here’s one: I don’t think the story for Black and White was all that good. All the interesting points made in the story are undercut by the vehicles used to tell it (a stratight-up evil team and a brainwashed kid whose mind can only be changed by being defeated) and the writing is as clunky as it is in any other Pokemon game.

I should of course clarify that I do think BW’s story was admirable in a certain sense, but this is mainly because it takes a different tact from the other games and manages to be minutely more interesting as a result. Doesn’t mean that the story being told actually holds up on its own as an interesting narrative.

This criticism can of course be fairly levied against all mainline Pokemon games to date- as a result I generally prefer the games that are lighter on the good-and-evil driven part of the story and focus on the character-driven experiences Pokemon can actually do well (which is what SS did imo.)
My big gripe problem with BW’s story is the concept of truth vs Ideals, which is essentially the same conceptually. Anything can be interepreted as Truth or Ideals, its all up to preference. The two brothers caused a war for NOTHING.

How would I fix it? Since BW is has old vs new, I would incoporate that into the theme: In White, Reshiram and the older brother supported traditionalism and won the war, hence Unova respects traditions. In Black, Zekrom and the younger brother won the war, hence Unova favors progression.

1. I think they are way too many types in Pokémon. We were talking on Discord how similar so many types were defensively: Psychic/Ghost, Rock/Ground, Bug/Grass to name a few. You could make Misdreavus a Psychic type and not much would change. Offensively, it Ghost/Dark are too similar, as well as Ice/Dragon, and even Normal/Flying overlap; as well as the aforementioned Bug/Grass. There’s reason why the TCG simplifies the type system: It’s creates an unesscary complications in the battle system. It’s also the reason why other games like Fire Emblem keep the weapon triangle simple. I think the best solution would be to simply the type chart like the TCG: Of course that would mean making all the water and ice Pokémon together, as well as Bug/Grass, but it would make the type chart much more simplified and less complicated with much less overlap.
2. I’ve recently been speaking to my brother and cousin lately who don’t play Pokémon as much, and they say a big reason they lot interest is because there are far too many Pokémon. And I agree. I think a huge problem in Pokémon today is that there are too many Pokémon, and that hurts the franchise a lot. There’s almost 900 Pokémon as of SwSh, and it’s hard to give each Pokémon attention. We’ve seen from Dexit is that every Pokémon as a cult following, so it’s not like they should not try to give every Pokémon spotlight, but the yearly releases and building new Pokémon ( which takes 6 months ) takes the time away. I want a new Pokémon game that features only old Pokémon, since you undoubtedly create an experience that’s just as good as a core RPG with new Pokémon. Instead GF chose to handle problem by introducing less Pokémon, which doesn’t solve the Problem at all, only slowly adding to it.
1: The issue here is STAB. Ghost may be mostly redundant with Psychic defensively and Dark offensively, but a psychic-type using Dark Pulse is ineffective compared to any potential single-typed combination (and psychic/dark no longer resembles the original defensive profile). As such, the offense and defense of a type should be taken as a pair (reducing overlap significantly), at least until the core mechanics change.

2: There are a lot, but mathematically speaking, we're only starting to get to the point of having 'enough.' As a first estimate, 3 mons of each type combination comes out to 972, and varying movepools/stats only brings the 'complete' number higher. Of course, GF is not attempting to explore the system they have with any efficiency, so we have a lot of redundancies instead of being near completion.

As for an unrelated opinion (if my complexity addiction isn't enough), I think the gen 8 menu sprites of old mons are a net loss, with nothing looking a lot better and a few things looking a lot worse.

My big gripe problem with BW’s story is the concept of truth vs Ideals, which is essentially the same conceptually. Anything can be interepreted as Truth or Ideals, its all up to preference. The two brothers caused a war for NOTHING.

How would I fix it? Since BW is has old vs new, I would incoporate that into the theme: In White, Reshiram and the older brother supported traditionalism and won the war, hence Unova respects traditions. In Black, Zekrom and the younger brother won the war, hence Unova favors progression.
I think, though, that what you're saying is entirely the point. I don't think it's coincidence that N takes up ideals or truth very much interchangeably between versions; and when those are the two motifs of the game, I don't think it's coincidence that a big part of the game's message is that things are not always black and white; that we're more similar than we think; and that difference should be celebrated. N is chasing a story fed to him by Ghetsis of truth versus ideals with one having to triumph over the other; and the player eventually has to show him that that's kind of stupid.

The two go hand in hand and cannot thrive without the other; you need both to be complete and never stop trying to better the both of them. N going after only truth or ideals when he's constantly being told that things are more complex than he believes and that he can learn from other people is really no coincidence: what you're saying is part of the game's thesis.

Pokémon has made each of its Types have distinctions but I agree with this somewhat. I feel that the bigger issue with its Types is fundamemtal; some are elemental, some are the kind of creature it is, and others reflect the Pokémon's nature. It's wildly varied and it shows.

The only types that really infringe on each other are Water/Ice and Ground/Rock IMO, as the distinctions between them are usually niche at best. At the end of the day the Rock/Ground distinction is pretty much just "earthy creature or creature made of rocks."

I could see cutting back on/consolidating Pokémon Types but I feel like Attack Types need the distinction. I actually wouldn't mind a few other attacks functioning like Freeze-Dry/Thousand Arrows in that they hit normally resisted/immune types for Super Effective damage. Acid/Acid Spray in Steel Types, for one.

I'd be fine with a moderate rework of the Type chart for balance reasons.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

I have to say, I disagree with both of these fairly fundamentally, and I think that all of the downsides of both of these things have been circumvented in more modern games.

1. I really disagree that there are too many types in Pokémon, and I think that there should only be more. Yes there's a lot of discussion on content bloat recently and potentially over-complicating gameplay, but this is only really an issue for young or intensely casual players who only play through the main games -- and now, once you fight a Pokémon once you're told what moves will be effective against it in-battle. This means that you don't even need to memorise the type chart never mind what type each Pokémon is, because the game lets you cheat anyway. All in all, it means that having type bloat doesn't affect gameplay for casual players, which is the only group it could negatively affect.

I think having loads of types is the foundation of competitive play, honestly. We still have a lot of Pokémon whose niches derive primarily from their types themselves, because every metagame has one or two type combinations that manage to stonewall the top threats. Quagsire and Gastrodon, for example, have been viable in OU since their introduction because Water/Ground always ends up being an amazing anti-meta type combination (with reliable recovery), and the same isn't true for Water/Rock. This demonstrates that you can't just merge the types together and expect everything to be exactly the same competitively -- even similar types on single-typed Pokémon can be wildly different once they become combined with other types. Furthermore, types are the fundamental of a Pokémon's identity: even superficially, were we to merge Water/Ice it removes the distinction between a polar water dweller like Walrein and an equatorial one like Octillery. These two Pokémon could never exist in the same ecosystem, ecosystems being roughly what Pokémon types fulfil the purpose of organising, so it would be odd to see them treated exactly the same. The small changes in how types work may not be too important in-game, but they make or break Pokémon competitively, and they add a lot of worldbuilding. Fairy-Type is an example of a new type being introduced seamlessly and enriching the worldbuilding of the series, so I think we need more types, not less (gradually introduced).

2. I don't think not being able to give every Pokémon "enough" attention is a valid reason to stop introducing new Pokémon. Since the very first game, each generation comes with a few iconic Pokémon and the rest of them the player gets to choose whether they like, love or hate them. The player gives attention to their top 6 by including those Pokémon on their team and beating the Champion with them. If they really love the world of Pokémon, they can play through the game again with 6 more Pokémon and develop bonds with them, too! I find this line of argument faulty because the reason why people are annoyed at Pokémon not receiving enough attention is because the designs are so good to start with, meaning they deserve that attention. But if the Pokémon are already good enough to deserve attention without being put under a spotlight, then they don't actually need to be showcased especially to begin with. It's just part of being a fan of a series with as many characters and assets as Pokémon has: I'm sure when Harry Potter was being released there were people out there begging for Mafalda Hopkirk to receive a sub-plot, and people have been requesting Waluigi to appear in a platformer for decades too. The fact that they're not getting special treatment doesn't mean that they shouldn't have existed either, nor that the series should stop introducing new characters to pay off those characters' debts. They're popular enough already, so it doesn't make sense to do it.

That said, Gen VI and to an extent Gen VIII have both done what you're requesting, albeit to a fairly shallow degree. Megas and Gigantamax both clearly seem to be a way of giving old favourites and forgotten-abouts new life. Yes they give forms to Charizard, Mewtwo and Gengar because they're old classics that warm people up to the mechanic, but then they hit you out of left field with Banette, Mawile, Sableye, Garbodor, Audino, Butterfree, Lopunny, Glalie, and others -- Pokémon that had dropped off of many people's radars but caught a second wind through these mechanics that for the most part has actually persisted. There's a way to give old Pokémon spotlights while still introducing new Pokémon and it's one of the things that Gen VI especially did right with megas, and there's potential for more mechanics like this in the future (or just a new batch of megas, perhaps replacing the old ones).

I have to say, I disagree with both of these fairly fundamentally, and I think that all of the downsides of both of these things have been circumvented in more modern games.

1. I really disagree that there are too many types in Pokémon, and I think that there should only be more. Yes there's a lot of discussion on content bloat recently and potentially over-complicating gameplay, but this is only really an issue for young or intensely casual players who only play through the main games -- and now, once you fight a Pokémon once you're told what moves will be effective against it in-battle. This means that you don't even need to memorise the type chart never mind what type each Pokémon is, because the game lets you cheat anyway. All in all, it means that having type bloat doesn't affect gameplay for casual players, which is the only group it could negatively affect.

I think having loads of types is the foundation of competitive play, honestly. We still have a lot of Pokémon whose niches derive primarily from their types themselves, because every metagame has one or two type combinations that manage to stonewall the top threats. Quagsire and Gastrodon, for example, have been viable in OU since their introduction because Water/Ground always ends up being an amazing anti-meta type combination (with reliable recovery), and the same isn't true for Water/Rock. This demonstrates that you can't just merge the types together and expect everything to be exactly the same competitively -- even similar types on single-typed Pokémon can be wildly different once they become combined with other types. Furthermore, types are the fundamental of a Pokémon's identity: even superficially, were we to merge Water/Ice it removes the distinction between a polar water dweller like Walrein and an equatorial one like Octillery. These two Pokémon could never exist in the same ecosystem, ecosystems being roughly what Pokémon types fulfil the purpose of organising, so it would be odd to see them treated exactly the same. The small changes in how types work may not be too important in-game, but they make or break Pokémon competitively, and they add a lot of worldbuilding. Fairy-Type is an example of a new type being introduced seamlessly and enriching the worldbuilding of the series, so I think we need more types, not less (gradually introduced).

2. I don't think not being able to give every Pokémon "enough" attention is a valid reason to stop introducing new Pokémon. Since the very first game, each generation comes with a few iconic Pokémon and the rest of them the player gets to choose whether they like, love or hate them. The player gives attention to their top 6 by including those Pokémon on their team and beating the Champion with them. If they really love the world of Pokémon, they can play through the game again with 6 more Pokémon and develop bonds with them, too! I find this line of argument faulty because the reason why people are annoyed at Pokémon not receiving enough attention is because the designs are so good to start with, meaning they deserve that attention. But if the Pokémon are already good enough to deserve attention without being put under a spotlight, then they don't actually need to be showcased especially to begin with. It's just part of being a fan of a series with as many characters and assets as Pokémon has: I'm sure when Harry Potter was being released there were people out there begging for Mafalda Hopkirk to receive a sub-plot, and people have been requesting Waluigi to appear in a platformer for decades too. The fact that they're not getting special treatment doesn't mean that they shouldn't have existed either, nor that the series should stop introducing new characters to pay off those characters' debts. They're popular enough already, so it doesn't make sense to do it.

That said, Gen VI and to an extent Gen VIII have both done what you're requesting, albeit to a fairly shallow degree. Megas and Gigantamax both clearly seem to be a way of giving old favourites and forgotten-abouts new life. Yes they give forms to Charizard, Mewtwo and Gengar because they're old classics that warm people up to the mechanic, but then they hit you out of left field with Banette, Mawile, Sableye, Garbodor, Audino, Butterfree, Lopunny, Glalie, and others -- Pokémon that had dropped off of many people's radars but caught a second wind through these mechanics that for the most part has actually persisted. There's a way to give old Pokémon spotlights while still introducing new Pokémon and it's one of the things that Gen VI especially did right with megas, and there's potential for more mechanics like this in the future (or just a new batch of megas, perhaps replacing the old ones).
1. Perhaps, some Pokémon would benefit from losing their secondary typing, but it can also help Pokémon with awful typing be useful, like Bastiodon for example. Also Gastrodon and Quagsire are used primarily for their abilities as well, so removing Ground typing alone doesn’t ruin them. I do think your right about types being useful for Identity though; Water/Ice really does separate Walrein from Corsola. If we had to remove Dual typings, maybe one way we could bring them is by creating Pokémon who can come in different types. Kommo-o, for example, could come in Dragon and Fighting variations. I guess the other solution is to eliminate STAB as a mechanic.

Dunno about adding more types. Maybe something to balance out Fairy, but I don’t think they add types blindly.

2. I understand that we can’t give all the Pokémon a chance to shine in every game- but Pokémon has enough creatures to the point that you could make several games without introducing new Pokémon. Simply showing which Pokémon are in the Regional Dex via trailers articles etc. would encourage fans to follow. And the buffs don’t have to be big. Simply giving Goodra Recover or Cursola Trick Room would be big enough buffs for higher usage. I mean look at Kommo-O and Mantine when they got Clangorous Soul and Roost.

While Regional Variants do indeed help bring back Pokémon who have been forgotten, they don’t actually help the original variation of the Pokémon- Galarian Farfetch’d and Corsola might be good in the end, but their original variations are still trash. Not to mention Regional varieties are so different to the point mechanically separate Pokémon in-game. Not saying that I don’t like Regional Variants, but I liked cross evolutions like Roserade and Froslass since they helped the original form be better by adding another stage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 8)