Data Usage-Based Tier Update for January 2018 (Feb @ #263) (Mar @ #696)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry but I don't think anyone on the pro-ambipom side has ever said what its niche actually is, they've just been saying "it has a niche". Could you clarify what its niche is please
OH NO your gonna turn this into more of a fight then it has already become its gonna become....World War POM! RUNNNNNN!

Meh im not for either side it was more of a joke although yeah i had been wondering myself the only "niche" I've seen people say for pom is fake out but no hate to people who want to use it but you can't win an argument with no reasoning

No I was just genuinely wondering what its niche is and your response has not helped me in any regard to figuring it out
I'm near clueless when it comes to UU but I'll paste what joey himself thinks its uses are:
'Faster than latias and Serperior. Ghost immunity with pursuit and knock off. Technician fake out for Offense and set up Pokemon. Elemental punches for the likes of scizor and gliscor as well as a strong technician boosted Tail Slap when it hits.'
again, not my words, make of it what you will.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Shut up about Ambipom, back to Silvally discussion. Month of Silvally, remember?

Silvally-Fire @ Fire Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot
- Defog

A pretty interesting alternative compared to Moltres. It has Ice Beam to nail Gliscor, can switch in on some common rockers like Infernape, acts a nice Serp check, and can Defog and Parting Shot on stuff too!

Well a lot of people have been trashtalking the ones who use the Pokémon they want. And I don't really think that fallacies or "THIS IS BETTER THAN THIS" and give no arguments aren't competitive answers if you ask me. This specific thread is more of a trashtalking gallery directed by salty people that straight up hate Ambipom rather than giving arguments of why it doesn't have a niche in UU. And I think that a solid argument that indeed proofs that Ambi has a niche in UU is Joey's AmbipomTTT where he used different sets and teams with it.
Aim using the 'mon isn't really an argument. I once spent a week trying to figure out a way to make Nidoqueen work in OU, but that didn't make her viable.

I watched the series as it came out, but honestly it was more of an argument against the monkey than for it. Aim often struggled to make Ambipom do anything, and had to go out of his way to create situations where it could contribute. It didn't feel like a natural addition to the teams he was using that pulled it's own weight or that it was a peer of UU fastmons. Something like Mienshao will have more net value.

sorry but I don't think anyone on the pro-ambipom side has ever said what its niche actually is, they've just been saying "it has a niche". Could you clarify what its niche is please
For 2 things, even though it has more uses, it beats Gliscor and lives a banded Bullet Punch from Scizor and OHKOs back with Fire Punch

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh boy, this has been quite the thread. I will bite a bit tho cause I feel it is important to point out some importants things without using insults or derogatory terms for the sake of feeling superior.

People using their favorite Pokemon regardless of their viability in whatever metagame they want to has been a thing since forever. I have always been respectful of their decisions cause while isnt the correct decision in terms of the competitive aspect of the game, some people just want to fun. The true problem is when the usage statistics are exploited to make a Pokemon that doesnt deserve to be in an upper tier and makes the term usage more of a joke to determine is something is good or not (It has been the case for quite some time now, this just buries the hole even deeper).

What I mean by not deserving it? Simple, Ambipom serves no niche than any other fast attacker cant do better than it. I will now list a couple of mons that do the "Fast Physical Attacker" thing people love about ambipom better than it: Crobat, Zygarde-10% (Thousand Arrows being incredibly spammable in UU and RU as well), Mega Absol, Talonflame, Infernape, Mega Sceptile, Terrakion, even Sneasel and Aerodactyl. And thats not even mentioning the Special attackers. Thats the whole purpose on why there are so many lower tiers in the first place. To allow less viable Pokemon to shine on a metagame where they can stand out for their merits. Ambipom rising to UU for fun makes all this situation a joke of really bad taste cause then you just need to be a celebrity with enough followers to make certain mon rise to a tier that doesnt deserve it and... have to use a derogatory term here sorry... SHIT on the whole system Smogon has worked so hard to stabilize. (It was way worse before, we remember deep sea tooth amoonguss and RU Metang on BW with love).

Cant really hate aim for this since he probably just did it more fun, like Im sure there was no ill intention at all, and he can do whatever he wants anyways, is his content. But this backfired spectacularly. Not much else to do besides dealing with the "burden" I guess. It isnt a problem if a select few uses their favorite Pokemon that are unviable by common consensus since those few dont have an influence like in the past but this... Oh well.

You'd be surprised how many times i have said that and somebody has said "No don't abuse power you power hungry piece of S***"
im not entirely surprised but you couldve been nicer and be like "incase you didnt know already"

Tbh if Joey or anybody else wants to use mons they like in high tiers without caring about winning they should do so in Battle Spot or other metas where the usage doesn't affect other tiers. (Which is why I think low Uber is so shitty, along with those fanboys who want to use both Blaziken and Charizard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)