Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2018 (jk)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that Gastro and Ferroseed are dead, can we fucking please ban Kingler??
They're not dead, necessarily, the stats aren't accurate and as such we can't be for sure what's leaving and what's staying. Assuming the stats are accurate, the departure of Ferroseed and Gastrodon is coming with the arrival of Qwilfish and Altaria, two great mons that check Kingler as well as Ferro and Gastro did, if not better, so Kingler will probably not become such a menace in PU that it would warrant banning.

Amoonguss moved from OU to UU
Oh god, another Breloom Suspect Test

In all seriousness, UU and NU are going to be insane. Gliscor is gone and will definitely make team building much more challenging (Also Scizor). Just speculation, but UU might steal gligar. Also the new mons in NU will completely change NU. RN NU is going through some big changes and will be completely different than what it was a month ago. I feel there was no big changes in RU besides Sceptile. Good god, that thing will be banned pretty soon

Last edited:
I wonder how long Sandslash will stay NU with Gigalith gone. Let's just hope it doesn't treat NU like it treated Gen 5 RU.

Same with Stoutland, but the doggo doesn't look too bad, even with Sand gone.

Lowkey tempted to make an "Anakin Skywalker" alt and play NU with it right now.

As someone not super familiar with gen 7 ou, how the hell did gastrodon go from PU to OU? I know the UUBL pokemon and such were just not listed properly but what's up with gastrodon

Felixx

I'm back.
As someone not super familiar with gen 7 ou, how the hell did gastrodon go from PU to OU? I know the UUBL pokemon and such were just not listed properly but what's up with gastrodon
Gastrodon is a fantastic glue pokemon in the OU tier, being able to check a ton of top tier threats such as Ash and Protean Greninja, Tapu Koko, M-Latios, M-Alakazam, and most importantly, Heatran. Basically, extreme role compression and reliable recovery is what drove people to use Gastrodon in the tier.

I know Gastro is a great mon in OU but what worries me about the rise is history repeating itself with Gen 2 Scizor or Raichu which I heard were both formerly good but the meta adapted to their presence which soiled both of them (AKA Most of the gen 2 sets such as Aerodactyl with fire moves, Zapdos and Snorlax in Gen 2 OU) and I worry that people would start using more grass moves or mons and adapt to the presence of Gastro and end up being not so good anymore

I know Gastro is a great mon in OU but what worries me about the rise is history repeating itself with Gen 2 Scizor or Raichu which I heard were both formerly good but the meta adapted to their presence which soiled both of them (AKA Most of the gen 2 sets such as Aerodactyl with fire moves, Zapdos and Snorlax in Gen 2 OU) and I worry that people would start using more grass moves or mons and adapt to the presence of Gastro and end up being not so good anymore
Honestly, other than M-'Zam and Volcarona running e-ball and Giga Drain more often, I don't really think there's much else that would run grass moves (except maybe for the rare grass knot koko). Plus, these 'mons already beat Gasto already (not Koko).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)