Resource USM OU Role Compendium

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Does Mega Metagross ever actually run Stealth Rock? I'd rather use something else as my Rocker and not gimp Mega Meta's coverage.
Metagross could run literally any 4 moves and win games tbh even if one of those moves was stealth rock. It's just that good

I suggest putting down what each Z-move users are using, just STAB or some Status moves, because players like me who are unfamiliar with Singles will look around and have no idea why Serperior and Jirachi should be using Normalium Z.

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think you could also put Battle Bond Greninja as a rain abuser, while it doesnt get Swift Swim a lot of rain teams can use it as a abuser, due to the boost in power on Water Shuriken and Hydro Pump, and the fact that it still works wonders outside of rain, incase it were to run out.

Thundurus-Therian should be listed as a stallbreaker. With Pokémon like mew, gliscor, and kartana in the stallbreaker section.(each of them losing to common stall mons the former losing to mega sableye unless Sableye gets outplayed insanely. Gliscor loses to the combination of Sableye switching in and out, and if skarmory is present on the team going into that, only losing to taunt knock Off. Zapdos is a reliable check, but not all stall teams have it. It is not that hard to ppstall. The latter gets easily revenge trapped by Dugtrio.) Using the same standards I believe Thundurus-T is worth to be a stallbreaker with set up. It does have a hard time breaking clefable, but thunderbolt+ z thunderbolt koes. It can easily break past chansey later in the game and isnt trapped by Dugtrio. Quagsire gives it a really hard time, though.

Is there something I'm missing because I don't understand why Mew is listed as a Stallbreaker despite being shut down by Mega Sableye, who is on every Stall team.

EDIT:
1) Also, do people still use DD Gatr, Specs Kyurem or Victini in OU? I have not seen a SD Beedrill either.

2) I think Gastrodon is a worth a mention in SpD wall / pivot. It checks stuff like Magearna, Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja and Keldeo quite reliably.

Last edited:
-Pelipper should be added to Specs, it's Specs set has like 0 reliable switch ins in the tier thanks to it's coverage (Knock Off cripples Chansey) and rain boosted Hydro Pumps. I'm just gonna shameless link to Akram's post in Underrated and Creative sets with his explanation and wall of calcs.

-I feel like Volcarona's Psychium Z set is common enough (seeing a good amount of usage in SPL to beat Pex) to warrant putting it in Psychium Z.

-Klefki is bad this gen with it's nerfs, maybe just a small nitpick here idk

p2

Banned deucer.
yea the stallbreaker categories a tough one, i might just scrap it all together because there's nothing you can just slap on a team for a great mu vs stall, and even if a mon "breaks stall" such as mega gyara for example, it's gonna have a hard time with things like toxapex which sit there and wall it or fish for burns vs taunt sets. you simply cannot just slap on these mons and call it a day which is where a lot of people slip and up and still end up autolosing to stall a vast majority of the time.

i'll try out a couple different ideas and see how they work.

O think you could add zapdos to agility and electrium-z, and mawile to TR abusers
Edit: also you could add tapu bulu to stallbreakers, when bulu gets a SD boost stall can't do much besides cry

Last edited:
Few things.

• Mega Pidgeot to Niche Available Megas category. Mega Audino and Mega Steelix, if they somehow get a viability ranking in the future, should go there as well.
  • Volcanion as a Groundium Z user (Earth Power).
  • Heatran as a Dragonium Z user (Dragon Pulse). It's not a great set imo but I've seen players advocate it for baiting Zygarde so it could be worth adding.
  • Mega Mawile to Trick Room Abusers.

Wasn't Z-Electric Terrain Xurkitree a thing? +1 Speed and more powerful Electric Type moves. While it might not put stuff to sleep like Hypnosis to get more free hits, it is a guarantied to boost its offensive presence while Z-Hypnosis can fail to put something to sleep.

cb weavile is good add it

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 136-161 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 278-330 (106.5 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gengar: 242-289 (92.7 - 110.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tapu Lele: 283-334 (100.7 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

also add work up gren

O guess pelipper, kabutops, breloom the zygardes and maybe thundurus-i and mew can be add to wallbreakers, and i guess only Mons that can wallbreak even before a set-up cause things like manaphy, omastar and serperior could be add otherwise. Also add bulu to set-up stallbreakers pls

Last edited:
Couple of things to do
- Add Kartana to Priorty ( Vacuum Wave )
- Add Cofagrigus to Ghostium Z ( Shadow Ball )
- Add Cofagrigus to Trick Room setters ( OTR )
- Add Greninja-Ash to spikes

Couple of things to do
- Add Kartana to Priorty ( Vacuum Wave )
- Add Cofagrigus to Ghostium Z ( Shadow Ball )
- Add Cofagrigus to Trick Room setters ( OTR )
- Add Greninja-Ash to spikes
How is Vacuum Wave on Kartana any usable?

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
How is Vacuum Wave on Kartana any usable?
SD / Leaf Blade / Sacred Sword / Vacuum Wave is a set Vertex came up with afaik meant to pretty much autowin against most Stall teams running around. Vacuum Wave is meant to break Skarmory's Sturdy and Dugtrio sash that usually keep Kartana from breaking Stall

Reactions: vso
SD / Leaf Blade / Sacred Sword / Vacuum Wave is a set Vertex came up with afaik meant to pretty much autowin against most Stall teams running around. Vacuum Wave is meant to break Skarmory's Sturdy and Dugtrio sash that usually keep Kartana from breaking Stall
I already saw this team, but why grassium over foghtium? Skarmory still a problem

I already saw this team, but why grassium over foghtium? Skarmory still a problem
Grassium Z helps you break past Unaware Clefable. + 6 Kartana Ohkoes Skarmory, with Vacuum Wave to take care of sturdy.
WIth that said, Kartana should go to Grassium Z.

Grassium Z helps you break past Unaware Clefable. + 6 Kartana Ohkoes Skarmory, with Vacuum Wave to take care of sturdy.
WIth that said, Kartana should go to Grassium Z.
I Thought abou that, but leaf blade 2KOes clef and skarm may WW you

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
I Thought abou that, but leaf blade 2KOes clef and skarm may WW you
The Standard Stall runs Counter Skarm w/o Whirlwind because of Lando, idk about the Grassium thing ig it's for Zapdos because the team's supposed to beat p much any Stall team running around and Ciele Stall is p popular. Tbh I was waiting for someone to post the set on the Underrated Sets thread after I read about it but that never happened lol

Reactions: vso

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)