You are completely correct adamant has merits, overall a conclusion was reached that Jolly just brings more merits. How you should play the team, i.e be the one pressing hazards agaisnt the opponent due to the natural weak hazard removals this meta offers outside of ho-oh balances, bulky offenses / HOs etc ferro spikes wants to take advantage of this.I am glad to hear that my first team was accepted! (Although, a bit surprised tbh as I thought the third would be.) Before you post, though, here are some additional things you may want to take into consideration:
- Pursuit vs. HP Ice on Marshadow -- Pursuit is great to have seeing as the team lacks a Ghost resist and has 2 or more mons vulnerable to stag users, but, I would consider slashing HP Ice as it can be nice for luring Zyg/Mence for Pdon and generally for breaking fatter teams (otherwise, a core of Ferro+Zyg collectively walls everything for example).
- Adamant vs Jolly on Salamence -- You're right that Jolly on Mega Salamence can help in regards to fishing for speed tie wins vs supportceus. However, there are some important benchmarks that Adamant achieves that Jolly does not. For example, with Adamant, Double-Edge into Shadow Sneak has a decent chance of killing GeoXern with mid rolls; this never happens with Jolly, meaning that it can set up on Salamence and sweep once Pdon is weakened. More calcs included below.
- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-980548260 Here's a replay to illustrate the tradeoff-- turn 10 Jolly would have helped, because I could have fished for speed tie win instead of being forced out into Ferrothorn, but turn 22 I would not have been able to kill without Adamant. There are merits to using both natures, so I think it can be slashed Adamant / Jolly.
- 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 246-291 (62.5 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Ground: 396-466 (89.1 - 104.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
- +1 252+ Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Fairy: 417-492 (93.9 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
- 252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 225-265 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
- +1 252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Arceus-Ground: 360-424 (81 - 95.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
- +1 252 Atk Aerilate Salamence-Mega Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Arceus-Fairy: 381-448 (85.8 - 100.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
- 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Marshadow Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 109-130 (27.7 - 33%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
I do have plans to list alternative options to consider on every team, and mentions such as these will be included.