USUM Sample Teams

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Was also give the ok to post this :psyglad:

https://pokepast.es/d74b7ca3c334e4f3

My team I used vs. Rob in Snake (also has shown up in Majors from various people using it), a very consistent Balance team and probably the most accessible one for newer players I've made in awhile. It was mostly built around unlocking Jellicent's potential as an answer to slower fat teams and a Status spreader. Mega Aggron and Florges form a classic Steel + Fairy defensive core that give hazards and protect the team from status, while keeping the rest of the team healthy with Wish. Hydreigon was chosen as removal option to give the team less passivity as well as a good Ground-type check. Fightinium-Z is crucial here for landing some KOes on annoying pokemon like Empoleon, Cobalion, and a weakened Blissey. Nihilego and Krookodile rounded the team out with some speed control and more hazards, also filling out remaining defeninve check marks I hadn't covered yet. Krookodile is the obligatory Pursuit user that really helps builds like these not lose to weakened sweepers, and also is the Electric immunity + Knock Off user + all the other compression Scarf Krook provides. Nihilego has Toxic Spikes which really pressures slower teams well, as well as being my main answer to Flying-types in Moltres and Togekiss.

Hope you enjoy using it!

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Agility / U-Turn / Defog
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 224 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off
- Scald

Primarina (F) @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Scizor (M) @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

This is a pretty cool Bulky Offense that I'm using on the current ladder. It's using the really well known core Hippo+Empo as my Hazards Core. Terrakion benefits the Sand Storm thanks to its Rock Type. Moltres is pretty useful because it pressures both Fighting type (Lucario, Cobalion, Infernape..) and Grass type while being a good check to Scizor thanks to Flame Body. I opted for Agility because it gives to Moltres a really good MU vs Offense. However, U-Turn or Defog are both really good options. Choice Specs Primarina is the Special Wallbreaker of the team paired well with Terrakion. I chose Scald over Sparkling Aria because Burn is really nice vs Pokemon like Tentacruel, Empoleon or Amoonguss. Finally, Scizor acted as a Late Game Sweeper thanks to Swords Dance and brings Momentum (which is really useful, especially for my Wallbreakers) to the team thanks to U-Turn. Even if the team may seem kinda slow, it worked pretty well and both Agility Moltres and Scizor's Bullet Punch offset this lack of Choice Scarf user.

Last edited:

skvettleif

Banned deucer.
Got a team id like to share aswell: https://pokepast.es/ab5ebacc08813157

It features NP leaf storm psychic recover Celebi with grassium Z. I asked in the teambuilding thread for someone to make it for me, but ended up making something I think is pretty good myself. Grassium Celebi has an absolutely amazing MU vs Stall and fat in general, because of Its great longevity due to natural cure in tandem with recover, however it struggles alot vs some top tier threats. Going into the teambuilding process I knew I needed to cover roost scizor and latias specifically. Hydreigon dies to +2 grassium so its not that big of a problem, but scarf sets are problematic. So I needed to fit a pursuit trapper, defensive countermeasures to latias and hydra and a way to punish scizor. Since this Celebi is a mon that sticks around and takes its time to break holes, I figured it would fit best on a more balanced build. So I started by adding defensive Moltres w/ defog. Moltres punishes scizors trying to U-turn out on Celebi with flamebody, which is important as there is no way Celebi is breaking with a healthy Scizor on the opposing team. Next I needed a fairy and ended up with Altaria which provides another defog user which is necessary since im using moltres. It also provides me with a counter to Zeraora and is an answer to powerful breakers like crawdaunt and Terrakion. It also deals with some variants of latias, which I need consistent counterplay to. Empoleon was then added as my rocker and flying/primarina resist. Now Krookodile was looking like a great fit as it I needed both a scarfer, pursuit trapper and volt switch immunity. As my last roost iron plate scizor was added for its priority and because it deals with some more obscure threats that would otherwise be very problematic to the team like roost kyurem and Beedrill. and it gives me another way to revenge kill threats like Aerodactyl if my team is weakened.

I have some questionable sets like moxie Krook and superpower SD BP roost scizor. Krook is moxie because I dont want to give bisharp and attck boost, because my only other counterplay is moltres which is easy to wear down with rocks. Superpower scizor is for the same reason. I figured I didnt need uturn since I already have solid latias countermeasures and Superpower nails unsuspecting Bisharps and Cobalions hoping to muscle through my team if rocks are up on my side of the field.

The team handles most threats pretty well. I havent played it enough to find out what its specifically weak to, but obviously a well supported SD scizor and offensive teams that keep rocks up and manage to break through moltres with their fighting types can be hard to deal with. The stall MU is great because grassium Celebi manhandles most stall builds single handedly. For example, just look at the stall team posted last page and show me an answer. In the games I have used this Ive felt like ive never been at a particular disadvantage match up wise, and if you play well you should be able to win vs any playstyle. I know alot of ladder players struggle to build vs stall, and flaming wars are not an uncommon sight when unsuspecting ladder players are faced with full on stalls, which is why I felt like posting this:)

Edit: Got a replay here vs Amane Misas stall team page 3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-831820463

It shows how Celebi gets multiple chances at sweeping throughout. My opponent excpected the z-grass so I wasnt able to break though right away, so I ended up trying again and again hoping for a toxic miss from blissey. In the end, my opponent seemed to sack his blissey for no apparant reason, but Im p sure I would have come out on top in the end anyway. Also, I think flamethrower>heal bell on altaria might be better. Heal bell isnt that necessary when celebi has natural cure and I have two steel types on my team. Rotom-heat could become extremely annoying without heal bell tho, so it comes down to preference.

Last edited:

click on the team to see the export

Build Process :

Before making my post on the UU VR, I tried to build a team with Choice Band Tsareena. It's a really strong Wallbreaker that can check Scizor or Bisharp while being able put a lot of pressure on many defensive Pokemon thanks to its powerful STAB Power Whip. High Jump Kick is also a really good move which can pressure Steel Types which would like to take Power Whip. Knock Off is for utility like U-Turn which bring Momentum to Tsareena.

Since Tsareena doesn't have Rapid Spin. I had to play a Spinner / Defogger and I opted for Tentacruel because it's one of my favorite Pokemon in Underused. It can deals with Fire Type while being able to Spin and put Toxic Spikes on the opponent's field. Haze is pretty useful especially vs Pokemon like NP Infernape / Lucario or SD Cobalion / Scizor. Steelix-Mega acts as my Stealth Rocks setter and my Psychic / Dragon / Flying check. Curse allows it to not be passive and to threaten some teams which lacks of way to manage this beast.

At that point, my team was kinda 6-0 by Mixed Kommo-o so I decided to add Sylveon to the team. I opted for Moonblast over Hyper Voice because Soundproof Kommo-o can 1v1 Sylveon otherwise. Because Pixilate was unnecessary I picked Cute Charm instead. It's a really really really bad ability but sometimes it works and it's still better than Pixilate. Heal Bell and Wish support are really useful for all its teammates.

As my team was slow as fuck, I needed a good Choice Scarf user. I decided to opt for Hydreigon because it can keeps Momentum with U-Turn and because it can hits a lot of Pokemon thanks to DM / Dark Pulse and Fire Blast.

Finally, I chose a really underrated Pokemon as my Win Condition : Roar Cune ! It's insane how this Pokemon is slept on. Thanks to Roar it can denied a lot of Set-Up Sweeper like Slowbro, Slowbro-Mega, Togekiss, Celebi etc.. yet it can pressure the opponent thanks to Calm Mind. 16 EV in Speed allows it to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt which can be useful if you want to proc a Scald Burn.

Threatlist :

Amoonguss is really annoying for the team because of the combinaison of its typing and ability Regenerator. You need to weaken it in the long run if you want to break through it.

Specs Primarina is a pain in the ass for every team in Underused that lacks of Empoleon / Blissey. Since my team doesn't have any of this two, you really need to be careful and play around when you face it.

Suicune is the only Pokemon which can really takes on Mamoswine so keep it healthy. If it's Adamant Mamoswine, then Tsareena can check it thanks to Queenly Majesty.

Like Mamoswine, Terrakion is a powerhouse and can threaten most of my team. You really need to play around it and scout its set to deal with it.

Hope you will like the team, feel free to try it :psyglad:

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi, I wanted to post again on here but couldn't get quite the right team since I've just been building around random shit recently. Either way I really like this team and think it fits the mold of a sample team as it's pretty noob friendly and smooth to use. I built around the core of Specs Prima + Rotom-H as Rotom-H is able to bust through steels and provide removal support for Prima, while also being able to give it breaking opportunities by getting it in through pivoting on shit like Hydreigon. Scarf Krook seemed good for the 3rd slot because it provides speed control and Pursuit support while also being able to come in on common things that can threaten Prima such as electric and poison types. Kommo-o seemed like the most logical rocker on this team because it's just so fuckin good LOL. Mixed rocks kommo works so well here because it improves the fat/stall matchup so much while also providing a bit of defensive capabilities by checking things like Zera and Bish, while also being able to break Amoonguss, Tenta, Empoleon, and Blissey which are all common Prima switch ins. The dragon typing is really good here in general. Doublade goes in the 5th slot because I really needed a steel for Lati. Doublade isn't the best Lati answer but I went with it anyways because of it's ability to blanket check the vast majority of the fighting type mons in the tier, which is super important on Rotom-H teams because both of it's competition as removal (Tentacruel and Moltres) can check fighting mons while Rotom-H can't, leading to fighting weak teams sometimes when you choose heattom over one of those 2 as a "hazard remover that beats scizor". The last slot kinda just made sense, Mega Beedrill actually just fit perfectly into place for whatever reason. It's good vs all non-Scarf Latis which is important b/c that matchup can snowball out of control if you put a mon that just lets lati in for free or some shit in this last slot. It also provides tspikes support which helps vs fat a lot so it's not just kommo vs all. It gives a voltturn core with Rotom-H which is really neat and can help chip steels with U-Turn which just lets Prima freely click Moonblast through teams. It also even gives a grounded poison type to absorb tspikes while also being able to pressure shit like Togekiss and Prima since Kommo lets that shit in for free and could be annoying otherwise. I went with Crunch > Stedge on Krook for z move Lati and all that.

I think this team is super smooth and I've tested it a fair bit in both high and low ladder and had success in both. It was able to breeze through low ladder w/o much thinking:
S/o to Adaam because I thought about him while making this team as it felt like something he'd make :goat:

Anyways good shit with the thread lad and lass, you're doing a good job n_n.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hello! Here is a team I've been working on for some time. I have two versions. The first is a bulkier less offensive build more friendly to newer players. The second is a frailer more offensive build better for more skilled players who enjoy playing aggressive. Enjoy!

Terrakion @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 20 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Defog

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

I built this team around Terrakion using it as the stall breaker. Terrakion is the best wall breaker in the tier imo and is great for combatting the wave of Bisharp offense. I paired Terrakion with two bulky walls/pivots to compensate for its weaknesses and give it chances to switch back in on a prediction. The first of these walls is Primarina which protects Terrakion from Mega Aerodactyl, Crawdaunt, Hydreigon, Infernape, and Mega Sharpedo. Primarina is also a great way of switching into the defensive walls of Terrakion such as Gligar, non Calm Mind Slowbro, and Palossand. The second of these walls is Amoonguss which protects Terrakion from a healthy Mega Aggron, Mega Altaria, Cobalion, Krookodile, Primarina (Specs Psychic does around 75% so be careful), Scizor to an extent, and Zeraoara. To solidify the Scizor matchup and grab myself some hazard removal I selected the ever present Rotom-Heat which has been very good in this meta. Rotom-Heat is also very nice against Mamoswine which this team was weak to. With only two slots left and a Steel- and Ground-type as well as a Stealth Rocker and speed control to fill in I selected Mega Steelix. I love Mega Steelix because of its role compression filling three necessary roles of every bulky offense/balance team. Mega Steelix also provided me with a better Latias matchup especially with Electrium Z Latias being so common. Finally I selected Hydreigon because it is the best Choice Scarf user in the meta right now imo and with U-Turn it gives this team a little bit of offensive momentum as well as something to RKO Kommo-o's Dragon Dance variants. This variant is weak to a well played Suicune.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Primarina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split

EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

This team is the exact same team as the one above except instead of Amoonguss there is Psychium Z Celebi and the Mega Steelix set is more offensive. By switching Amoonguss with Celebi you lose the ability to check some of the Pokemon I mentioned in the above explanation namely Zeraora, but you gain a better stall matchup and some extra breaking power. You also gain the ability to consistently break through Suicune and lure in Hydreigon and Latias and hit them hard with Dazzling gleam. Psychium Z is very useful because at +2 it can OHKO pretty much anything including offensive Scizor and Togekiss. With 220 attack and Adamant Mega Steelix does a lot more damage to Latias, Mega Sharpedo, Cobalion, and any Dragon Dance user like Kommo-o or Haxorus that tries to set up. I did win Underused Teambuilding Competition with this team if that's any testament to its solidity.

I hope you enjoy these two teams. I really like using them and you can probably see me on ladder using both of these variants. I consistently ladder above 1600 so I can confirm that these are both solid high ladder teams. Peace! :)

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 14.12.32.png
[

Balanced team based around VoltTurn + Pursuit trapping (which is especially nice with latias), plus baits for scizor and blissey/umbreon/empoleon (with babiri berry + flamethrower togekiss and z-superpower hydreigon, respectively). The baits and traps work consistently, removing the major threats and annoyances of the tier. The bulky offense with scizor and snorlax + wish/heal bell support has great longevity and wears out opposing teams with rocks (+roar), voltturn and pursuit. Climbes the latter pretty fast. The team performs exponentially better as you climb the latter and people use the staples, which this team is designed to dispose of. Had solid matches vs. top 100 players. Be persistent in staying healthy with wish and heal bell, and opposing teams will have trouble in the end. Only problematic pokemon are hippowdon, mega-aggron and gligar.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-834486664

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-834479529

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Snorlax @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Pursuit
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Hydreigon @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:
The original plan was to attempt to push to 2000 elo, but it seems as though I don't have the patience for it and would much rather spend my one week off doing something I enjoy --- it was actually fun at first, and it's fun laddering while you're playing people like adaam or a fat v. fat with pif, but there's a lot more bad then there is good on the ladder, and im not about to compensate for all of it. Also I don't have the patience that pif or hjkhj had, so I figured I'd post right now.

Lately I've had a keen interest in fatter builds, I didn't want to be stuck as some one dimensional builder that can't get out of my "comfort zone" (shouts out to ppl who think they know what that comfort zone is for whatever reason). I have two teams I'll offer up here, I personally think they're friendly to people, and fun for people who are interested in trying out UU, not as much for "newer" players though because sometimes people forget
to differentiate between the two. So here's the teams I had the pleasure (hahaha laddering fuckn blows) of laddering with:

I really enjoyed building this team and how it came out overall; I had the idea of building Mag plus DD Refresh Altaria for awhile and fitting it on this semi-stall felt pretty good in the end. As far as looks go, this is the team I like the most. Had a battle versus pif with this one, actually didn't save the replay unfortunately and there was some hax in my favor involved as well, but I pulled it out in the end. The idea of this team is pretty straightforward, Eject into mag to trap steels like Emp, Klef, Sciz, Stak, Aggron, or Bish and drop that Z on their heads, then clean with DD Refresh Malt. I don't have any replays saved for this team unfortunately, but whenever it did work it worked like a charm and I honestly couldn't be happier of how it turned out.

So this is my second and probably most consistently solid semi-stall, I enjoyed using it as much as I did the one above. The idea of this team is to pretty much beat any and everything with bulk, and occassionally win with Z-Psyshock Slowbro versus opposing fatter builds or the unsuspecting ladderer. Double Regen coupled with Wishes and enough sustain to go around was generally fun to pilot and easy to boot. A good thing to note is that this team has a better Terrakion matchup, which has been legit for awhile but still gaining traction on the ladder.​

I was mainly intrigued by Shiba's semi-stall (after having called it bad kek) because really, there are more options on semi-stall. Building stall is pretty confining in a sense, you need a certain set-up to succeed. You'll always need that flying resist, a cleric (both wishpasser and heal beller), status absorbtion, your walls --- whatever the case may be, you'll need it and if you lack them for whatever reason, the games become insufferable and you won't get very far. Anyways that's really all I got for y'all, replays will be down below and I encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone because, in the end, you'll end up gaining more out of it than you will lose. I mean, overall you can only expect so much out of ladder. It's not gonna help you get better if you're at a certain point, it's not gonna prove anything because it's always a mixed bag (but with more trash than treasure), it's not gonna help you accomplish anything at one point --- it's just a fun way to waste time. Also thanks to the people who laddered and actually gave me good games and good times, I can really appreciate a good game as well as people who grind their hearts out, it takes dedication. I'll personally be taking a very long break from ladder and come back playing something more interesting than semi-stall or stall, which was surprisingly fun in the end. I'll end it off with the replays, a win and two loses.

"I requested Rock polish ghostium golurk because that's the request I got last year and I wanted revenge on a random person.

They made me a well-built spikestack.

Thanks, whoever got that. You have performed excellently." -A Cake Wearing A Hat
525,600 minutes
525,000 moments so dear
525,600 minutes
How do you measure, measure a year?

In daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee
In inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
In 525,600 minutes
How do you measure a year in the life?

How about love?
How about love?
How about love?
Measure in love
Seasons of love
Seasons of love

(click on the sprites for the importable)
I was also a bit of a fan of this team specifically when I built it for Cake for the Secret Santa and I wanted to make it more than just a meme with a Golurk. I removed it and replaced it with what was probably the best choice over it: Decidueye. Decidueye can actually chunk Pokémon, is sort of a spinblocker, and uses a Ghost Z-Move so this was probably the most optimal choice. The rest of the team is what I had in the original Secret Santa. This HO specifically features Dark Spam with Crawdaunt and Bisharp. These two Pokémon are hard heavy hitters that can wear down their checks pretty easily especially with the hazard stacking that this team provides. Kommo-o was the next Pokémon that can shut down entry hazards and get rocks up for my team. Klefki overall is just that strong blanket check to a load of threats that this team otherwise wouldn't have a switch-in to such as Togekiss and Hydreigon (Bisharp should NOT be my manual switch-in to any of these Pokémon unless I am down to my last 2 Pokémon and my Bisharp is healthy) and sets up my Spikes to abuse. Klefki is also carrying Thunder Wave to synergize with my breakers and slow down their Pokémon so that they don't have to take a hit in some situations and can just immediately attack the opponent. It could soon end up overwhelming for the opponent and force a Defog to open up an opportune moment for my Bisharp. Finally, I need a Fighting soft check since Decidueye's just not gonna cut it and speed control so this is one of the very few teams where Choice Scarf Latias actually works. It outspeeds everything in the unboosted metagame bar having to tie with Scarf Gengar and has Healing Wish as a parting gift just in case to give one of my sweepers a second chance. So why do I find this HO to be worthy to be a sample? Well this team functions really easily and has a bread and butter strategy for HO. You pretty much click buttons and this team destroys Pokémon and terrorizes fatter builds. Hope you all enjoy the team as always!

Edit: Thanks for noticing that Twilight that's my bad. Fixed the paste to have Calm Klefki!

Last edited:
I'll drop some teams that I feel are easy to use. I hope you enjoy using them!

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Curse

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Taunt / Work Up

Primarina (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latias @ Electrium Z
EVs: 16 Def / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- U-turn

The first team revolves around Life Orb 3 attacks mixed Kommoo and Electrium Lati in the back for Scizor to sweep with Bullet Punch late game. This Kommoo set really messes up fatter team structures and creates a good environment for a Scizor sweep, weakening Pokemon like Tentacruel, Suicune, Slowbro and Hippo for you to click Bullet Punch in the end. Taunt was chosen in the last slot to improve the stall match-up, but Work Up is in my humble opinion, a good choice as well even though Kommoo likes to click attacks most of the times. Next comes Electrium Z Latias, which weakens or outright KOs Steel-types like Empoleon, Mega Aggron, Cobalion, Doublade and opposing Scizor after a Calm Mind, furthering making a Bullet Punch sweep all the more possible. Ice Beam was chosen to give Latias a move to hit Krook that doesn't force you to drop you Special Attack, while also hitting consistently most of the tier (a bit random but keep in mind that Knock Off after rocks from Krookodile doesn't OHKO Lati from full).
Amoonguss and Primarina form a reliable core to check threats like Hydreigon, fairies like Mega Altaria and Primarina, fast fighting-types like Terrakion and Cobalion and physical attackers in general that like to come in after Kommoo dropped its defenses. The speed on Primarina is to make sure you're faster than 0 Spe Alomomola and the rare 0 Spe Scizor. They also both check Water-types that come in to eat Scizor's U-Turn.
Primarina is cool as she most of the times single-handendly checks a lot of Sharpedo Hyper Offences running around in the lower ends of the ladder. Mega Steelix was added last as an opposing Scizor answer as well as the mandatory Ground-type and Stealth Rocks setter. It helps the team checking opposing Electrium Z Latias while also doubling on the SD Scizor answers thanks to Curse, which allows you to setup alongside him. Steelix keeps non Fightium-Z and Babiri Togekiss in check which was a pretty big threat I feel. Lastly I made Scizor a bit more speedy in order to outspeed the monster that is called Adamant CB Crawdaunt.

-------

Altaria-Mega (F) @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 48 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 16 HP / 232 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Kommo-o @ Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Scizor @ Iron Plate
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Wave
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split
- Toxic

The second team was built for Secret Santa and revolves around, you guessed it, it's him, the one, the clanger, Stealth Rock Dragonium Kommoo weakening Steel-types like Aggron and fat mons in general (like Amoonguss, Slowbro and the less common Swampert) with its mixed coverage, spammable move and very strong nuke for Refresh Altaria in the back. This set is used to punish people that use Rotom-H + non-Roar Empoleon or a Fairy resistance/generally fat mon which cannot hurt Altaria significantly back to keep it in check. This spread allows Altaria to outspeed everything below Latias at +1 and with the given defense it is 3HKO'd by Mega Aero's Stone Edge as well as Scarf Krook's Earthquake. Iron Plate Scizor rounds off this team's offensive core by providing an offensive check to some fairies that like to come in on Kommoo while also knocking off leftovers or eviolites from Gligar and Doublade and berries from Rotom-H that like to come in. Krook came next as a way to speed control and to block Volt Switches. If your rocker is not a Ground-type like Hippo, Gligar, Lix or Palossand generally Krook will be your choice for scarfer of choice.
Sludge Wave Tentacruel came in next to serve as a Primarina check on the team, as well as dealing with Refresh Altaria and acting as my Scizor and Fairy check in general. Rotom-H rounds out the team, giving me a good Moltres, Manectric, Earthquake Altaria and Aggron answer. Since Tentacruel provided Rapid Spin already I opted for Pain Split on the last slot, which is cool to keep it healthy thoughout the match, which Rotom normally struggles to do, as well as pressuring Blissey and Hippo a bit more.

Replay where refresh mega alt puts in work: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-845594743

----

Next is an hyper offense team I've built back in October which has won the Teambuilding Competition, maybe it's not saying much but I've had good fun using it, it's cool, it's fairly easy to use, it's ridicolously weak to Hydreigon and Lati but here it is:

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Roar

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet

BIG YEETY SPOOKY CLAWS

The team is based around CB Crawdaunt + Mega Shark. They synergize pretty well as they are able to put considerable amounts of pressure on the same checks. For example, the most common switch-in to Crawdaunt for more offensive teams is either their Hydra, Primarina or Altaria, all of which Shark likes to be chipped to either sweep or wallbreak in the mid-game. At this point I needed Spikes and somewhat of a defensive presence, so I chose Chesnaught. Rocky Helmet helps chip mons that carry U-Turn which like to do so on Daunt, like Scizor or Hydra (thought i wouldn't recommend to go hard Chester into Hydra). I chose Roar over Wood Hammer as it helps stack hazard damage and to deny a set-up opportunity from mons that resist Drain Punch Altaria or Lati if need be. It's an useful move to spam vs fatter teams like Aggron/Lix balance teams would their defogger/spinner be dead or present a good set up opportunity for Scizor. Next up was Nidoking, pretty basic HO rocker that helps with the Zeraora matchup if Chester is already pressured and doesn't want to take too much damage. I prefer Nido over big Mamo as a rocker on hyper offense lately as it helps in this particular regard all the while having a very respectable speed tier. I didn't really need more priority either considering the next mon I'll talk about and Aqua Jet on Daunt. Life Orb Quick Attack Scizor came next, being an amazing win condition in general and giving me a much needed Fairy check. Last was Lati, which gives me precious Healing Wish support mostly and an additional way of speed control, since outside of priority and one-time speed boosting the team is very slow. Thunderbolt is chosen to give Lati a good neutral move to lock into, as I feel that Ice Beam doesn't hit what the team needs to be either revenge killed or chipped down like opposing Shark or Bisharp that try to switch in on Draco.

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Aight guys, I shall now post my sample team. This team's been working pretty good at the time I'm using it. I call it: "Megas are Stupid!" Specs Togekiss Offense

So basically Specs Togekiss is the star of the team as it has amazing Special Attack, decent Speed, and great coverage. Trick lets it cripple mons like Blissey on the switch. Scarf Krookodile is self explanatory as it has an Electric immunity, speed control, and Pursuit. Jellicent with Colbur Berry is an INSANELY bulky water (that switches into scalds) that survives super effective moves like Sharpedo's Crunch after Stealth Rock, and Crawdaunt, Bish, Beedrill, and Scizor's Knock Off all with Colbur Berry, and burns them with Will-o-Wisp. It's also a spinblocker that actually deals with Tenta and Hippo. Nihilego is the SR setter on the team and is a really god Moltres check. another special wallbreaker. Rotom-H does Rotom-H, as the Defog user, the secondary Scizor check, and the secondary Molt check. Lastly, SD Scizor is the wincon on the team that cleans up after its checks have all been weakened. https://pokepast.es/789d31041668e334

Last edited:

Darksafadao

best of the second options
Hi, I wanna share an HO team I've built.

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Protect

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Plasma Fists
- Iron Tail

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

The initial core was SD Z Crawdaunt with Mega Shark with the idea of abusing Daunt's breaking power to clean the way up for Sharpedo, as they share common answers, and as I'm an SD set it also leaves Daunt open to be a late game cleaner too, which is the reason I'm choosing that over Band. Most likely making Daunt Life Orb/ Splash Plate also works.
Klefki was the natural next pick. With its access to Spikes, it optimizes both Daunt's and Shark's power (and of course helping the next members too), a Latias and Hydreigon answer, with a great way of Speed Control in T-Wave, that makes Daunt even more threatening. Later on we'll see the main way the team has to deal with NP Lucario and Infernape is Latias, but T-Wave grants a pseudo form of dealing with them as they become slower than Crawdaunt, making Aqua Jet go first, and the always present chance to get full para'd (which also annoys walls trying to use their recovery move). Magnet Rise will prove to be a worthy slot to help with the team's weakness to Ground that is mostly due to Latias, the Ground-immunity, not being a safe switch-in to Scarf Krookodile.
Next member that was picked was Zeraora. Zeraora really justifies itself by its great speed, being a secondary cleaner, luring in mons that are breakable by Daunt, such as Hippo, and therefore appreciating Daunt's breaking power. It also abuses Pokémon like Klefki and Togekiss and is a great check to Bulky Waters like Primarina, which is also very helpful. Also checking/soft checking Scizor is very useful. It's also our Electric immunity on the team. Iron Tail aims to hit Altaria and the HP is there just because I don't see the need to go max Speed (aside from speed tying with other Zeras which can be helpful but that's about it, feel free to go max speed if you wish).
Lati was next to be a Ground- and Fighting-abuser, be another great speed control and drop Dracos around. It has HP Fire to help with Scizor. I believe a Colbur set can be cool too to accomplish a better opposing Zeraora mu and be less pursuitable, but the LO boost is rather cool. I believe both items work just fine, so feel free to change it.
Last pick was Cobalion, that was the glue to the team. Great speed, Steel-typing, good rocker, second Hydreigon answer, helps with Scizor, good Taunt user, etc. Cobalion really fit this team as the last member as it fulfilled a lot of open holes. I've chosen Shuca Berry as an item to help with the Ground weakness problem (maybe even get a kill on some Scarf Krooks and helping with Maero too), but some other picks seem fine in my head. I believe chople would be great if you wanna catch Kommo-o and Terrakion or just make the Zeraora mu better, or you can pick Rocky Helmet if you want chip on some Pokémon for the cleaners and to help Daunt's role.
I believe there are some nuances I probably didn't cover but the main idea is here. I also don't know if this matters but I went 22-1 with this (the loss being me being para'd 4 times in a row) so I believe it's a team easy to use and that would give newer players a good feeling on how HO is and have fun in the tier. I hope you enjoy the team.

Last edited:

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Icy Wind

Kommo-o @ Life Orb / Dragonium Z
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat

Latias @ Adrenaline Orb
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang / Psychic Fangs
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch / Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
This is a pretty straightforward HO Hazard Stacking. Froslass and Kommo-o can both set Entry Hazards and prevent the opponent to set its own or remove mine thanks to Taunt. Then we have Adrenaline Orb CM Latias which is really good to threaten some Balanced or Offense in the midgame or endgame. In my opinion Draco Meteor shouldn't be played on this set of Latias since it aims to act as a cleaner and not as a wallbreaker so the drawback of Draco Meteor is too annoying. Ice Beam allows Latias to threaten Krookodile but also Hydreigon or Gligar while Hidden Power Fire is great to catch Scizor. Psychic is a good STAB and it hits pretty hard after a CM Pokemon such as Rotom-Heat. Then we have Mega Sharpedo which enjoy Hazard Stacking and can be a pain in the ass to deal with in the endgame for the opponent. Last but not least we have 2 Swords Dance users : Scizor and Lucario. Scizor has enough speed to outspeed slow Suicune, Gligar but also Adamant Crawdaunt. I opted for Knock Off since it's a good neutral move which can bother opponent's Pokemon. Lucario is also a pretty nice Swords Dance user. Close Combat is it's most powerful STAB while Extreme Speed a great priority. I opted for Ice Punch to punish Togekiss and Gligar.

Of course, you can opt for other options on Latias like CM Recover Dragonium Z, CM Electrium Z or even Choice Scarf if you're thinking that speed is needed. In the same way, you can opt for Dragonium Z on Kommo-o or play Lucario with Nasty Plot or with a physical Z-Move. The team is relatively customisable but effective overall.

Fusion Flare

SO there are only two samples ATM, so I guess I'll try to bring one and see how that goes.

Regenerators
A Bulky Offense Team by Datsplashtho
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slowbro.gif
steelix-mega.gif
hydreigon.gif
rotom-h.gif
primarina.gif
amoonguss.gif

Teambuilding Process:

1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png

Slowbro was a really good pokmeon at the moment. Regenerator coupled with great physical bulk meant a lot of things couldn't get through it, such as Fighting types, like Lucario, Cobalion, Fightinium Z Terrakion, and Ground types, like Mamoswine.

1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png

Since Slowbro's typing was weak to VoltTurn, Mega Steelix made for a wonderful partner, as it could also fend off certain Pokemon that Slowbro disliked, such as Zeraora, Electrium Z Latias, and Nihilego.

1554503733760.png
1554503733760.png

Since I wanted some speed control, and some reliable ways to get in safely, I chose Scarf Hydreigon and Rotom-H. Rotom-H provided a Moltres check, a primary Scizor check, and a Defogger. Hydreigon was the speed control and completed a VoltTurn core with Rotom-H.

1554503733760.png

I needed a wallbreaker that could improve the Hydreigon matchup. Specs Primarina could take advantage of VoltTurn and could break down teams. It also kept some special attackers at bay.

Finally, I needed a Primarina check, since the team was stupid weak to it. Amoongus was the best way to go, since it could use Spore to support the teammates, and could deter setup sweepers with Clear Smog. It also formed a Regenerator core with Slowbro.

That's the team, guys!

Alright, this is my first time doing this, and I know that you, Amane Misa and Ark have extremely high standards, so I tried to make this as perfect as I could. With that in mind, I'd also like to thank faded love for helping me construct the team to it's current state, as his edits make the team better as a sample in general. Anyways, here it is. EDIT: Made a full RMT on it, so I'll link that here.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Taunt

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Teambuilding Process

I started out with MAero + Hippo, as I had seen it numerous times, but have never gotten the chance to use it myself. Hippowdon's Sandstorm it causes boosts Mega Aerodactyl's special defense stat by 1.5x, letting Aero switch into things like Latias better, although you shouldn't hard switch into your Aero unless you really have to. Hippowdon also provides Stealth Rocks, as well as Toxic support to cripple things Aero cannot quite muscle through, such as opposing Hippowdon, Rhyperior, Swampert, etc.

Next, the team needed hazard control, as well as a Primarina answer, and Scizor check. Tentacruel worked quite well in the slot, also providing Tspikes to help wear down fat things like Pert. Tentacruel spins away hazards, while keeping mine up, and also clears Tspikes by simply switching into the battlefield. Tent also provides a decent switch into special water types, like the after-mentioned Primarina or Suicune.

The team was prone to getting worn down, as Aerodactyl forgoes Roost on this team to gain coverage. The team also had no Dark resist and Tentacruel is a shaky fighting resist as well. Sylveon provides the much desired Wish support, as well as Heal Bell support, and the resistances required. Sylveon also has the benefit of checking Hydreigon, which is key to all UU teams.

The team really needed a wallbreaker as well as a stallbreaker. Hydreigon worked nicely in this slot, as it also gives me a way to at least switch into Crawdaunt (you basically can't counter Crawdaunt, so this is the next best thing.), as well as giving me a Krook answer. Hydreigon appreciates the Heal Bell support from Sylveon, as well as benefitting Aero and Tentacruel by switching into Ground, Grass, Psychic, and Electric moves for the team, although it should be noted that Hippowdon switches into the majority of the tier's electric types.

Finally, the team needed a wincon that could lure Quagsire, but not be dead weight vs offensive builds, as well as check Scizor as well. CM Cobalion finishes off the team quite nicely, as it can check Scizor, lure Quagsire, as well as act as a Stallbreaker in general. Cobalion's speed tier is also nice for the team, as it outruns threats like Mamoswine, Krookidile, and Mega Altaria, most importantly.

Additional Notes

Mega Aerodactyl: Crunch hits Latias, Celebi, and Reuniclus accurately, meaning more punishment for your opponent if they try to stay in to avoid being pursuited.

Hippowdon: Max physdef to better handle threats like Infernape (SD+Scarf+Band variants), Terrakion, etc. which the team doesn't quite like.

Cobalion: Hp Ice nails Gligar and other grounds that aren't hit by Flash Cannon or Focus Blast as hard.

Overall: The team doesn't have a definite Latias answer, but it is managed between Sylveon as a whole and MAero pursuit trapping it/crunch

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-903290475 vs whatever the heck that is
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-903287157 vs Spikestack offense
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-903284612 vs HO

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Here are several of the stalls I think are my better teams:

https://pokepast.es/9dca774a5abfc3e4

Standard stall team. Nihilego counters Togekiss most importantly but also sets up hazards vs many Pokemon, absorbs Toxic Spikes, revenges Celebi and SD Haxorus and Heracross, and counters Chandelure, Work Up Pidgeot and Gengar among other things. Altaria Mega is one of the only decent checks or counters to Crawdaunt, Haxorus, Infernape, and Latias on the team. Gligar sort of beats Lucario and Infernape and Terrakion. Alo/Quag/Bliss is super standard for UU stall and doesn't need explanation for intermediate players.

https://pokepast.es/cf2172862ab7edde

Slightly less standard stall team. Pyukumuku is obviously the big difference compared to most stalls; the main point is to be a fairly solid Togekiss, Chandelure, Pidgeot, Lucario, and Infernape counter while also doing nasty things to opposing stalls (such as the current well known Articuno/Mega Aero/Blissey/Alomomola/Gligar/Quagsire stall - Articuno cannot break through Pyukumuku). Rest is viable over Toxic. Scizor and Altaria Mega make the Haxorus match up pleasant for stall. Everything else is well known and needs no real explanation.

https://pokepast.es/87208b6427a16c1e

Call it balance or stall, words matter less than meanings. The big weakness is to certain SD Fighting Pokemon (mainly Terrakion but also Cobalion if Mantine gets weak or if it has Stone Edge). The second big weakness is to Specs Primarina, which is worth nearly sacking Swampert for to get a Toxic off of. Everything else popular in the tier is fairly solidly accounted for - balance breakers like Nidoking and Crawdaunt simply don't work because I have solid counters to them. The stall match up is good because Muk can break stall.

https://pokepast.es/ccf37edb94d849b9

Back to a more standard stall, this one is similar to the previously mentioned iconic Articuno/Mega Aero/Gligar + AloQuagBliss stall except with Scizor to make the Latias, Haxorus, dragon in general match up much better at the expense of a few things like only having one Defog Pokemon. The Crawdaunt match up isn't pretty but hey it's a stallbreaker after all.

https://pokepast.es/b71a68d96eb38a8d

Running Umbreon is pretty interesting because it helps a bit vs Chandelure, Stored Power, and Sharpedo. Plus it's Foul Play and good defense make it a better mixed wall than Blissey. This team however is pretty fighting weak overall. It's not the storngest one in terms of matchup with the metagame but double Regenerator can be pretty nasty and easy to use and overall it gets different match ups from typical stalls.

https://pokepast.es/4c5ee3dfc74a0cd5

Similar to the one labeled dd alt stall except Jellicent helps against Lucario and Infernape a lot. For a while, Echoed Voice Primarina + Sylveon trended on the high ladder because Yifeng / Bob the Bro used it to break stalls so I decided to counter team him a little. Overall not bad but Alomomola is frequently better because Regenerator is just so good.

The point of me posting (a very small sampling of my cache of stalls) is 1) to give people stall teams to use and get some creative thoughts from and 2) to show that if you want to ladder with stall it's nice to have multiple teams with different weaknesses so be stronger overall against the whole metagame. There are lots of different stalls available and considering that we play a metagame (something that changes) I would say there is always room to improve, discover, and perfect.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Xatu @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 76 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Krookodile @ Focus Sash
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Linoone @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 148 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Stomping Tantrum
- Seed Bomb

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Superpower

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Liquidation
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

This is my take on the screens wave that's going on right now, and I am really happy with the outcome. My screens setter of choice is Xatu, which is better than Azelf in some aspects: with the given EV spread it is able to live Choice Scarf Hydrigon's Dark Pulse from full as well as two Choice Band Scizor's Bullet Punches if Reflect was used after the first one, it can afford Thunder Wave, it has slower U-turns, and it has Magic Bounce, which makes an opposing Defog not remove the screens on its side. Krookodile is pretty much the go-to hazard setter on this kind of teams because it is able to reliably get up Stealth Rock versus most Defoggers, because it provides the team with an Electric-immunity and a Ghost-resist, because it can remove the passive recovery from walls, and because its Intimidate can allow its teammates to set up on crucial turns. Latias and Scizor are pretty much staples on this kind of teams because of their amazing offensive capabilities and because they bring a lot of utility to the team - Latias is able to check Fighting-types like Infernape and Lucario and Scizor can keep Mega Altaria in check. Linoone benefits a lot with from screens and it can pretty much sweep an unprepared team if the Steel- and/or Rock-types of the opponent's choice were weakened enough. More information on Linoone's EV spread can be found in its analysis here. Lastly, Feraligatr is a really good Pokemon that is able to break through common cores like Rotom-H + Krookodile + Scizor/Doublade with its amazing coverage, offensive stats, and the help of screens that adds to its good natural bulk.

Regardless, a quick update: we added pokeisfun's Dragon Dance Mega Altaria stall, Christo's Dragon Dance Mega Altaria's semi-stall, and this screens HO! Expect even more teams soon :blobpex:.

I've never lost with this team.

Bulky Offense

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 244 HP / 16 Atk / 148 Def / 96 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Fusion Flare

I've never lost with this team.

Bulky Offense

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic
- Knock Off

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Bisharp @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
Just because you've never lost with it, doesn't mean others won't. Also, this team gets WALLOPED by NP Lucario, M-Alt's and Emp's EVs are weird, and Bliseey is there for no reason.

Hi, back with another team.

Alright, so here we are. Scizor+Rotom Heat is a fairly standard core that is still very effective in the current metagame. Rotom Heat defogs, checks Moltres, as well as provides Volt Switch support. Scizor benefits RotomH by checking things that RotomH does not like, such as Terrakion or Mega Altaria. Scizor also provides U-turn support, forming a fine Voltturn core. Speaking of Mega Altaira, it's here to provide a stallbreaker, and a check to things like NP Infernape as well as Crawdaunt. Altaria really appreciates Rotom- dealing with Steel types, and Scizor being able to break Amoongus, which it always appreciates. Doublade gives me a Latias check, as well as a breaker and a Terrakion check. Between it and Rotom Heat, Scizor is also checked. Krookidile is the team electric immunity, main speed control, and provides Pursuit support for Rotom. Finally, Empoleon rounds off the team as the team's Stealth Rocker, Primarina check, and helps soften the matchup vs Latias and Suicune due to Roar+Toxic. A quick note is that there are only 248 speed EVs on Rotom Heat, and for a specific reason. That reason is to outslow other Rotom Heat so you get the advantage of the Volt Switch pick, which is always nice.

Scizor @ Buginium Z
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Rotom-Heat @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 236 HP / 24 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Toxic
- Defog

EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Fire Blast

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Edit: Added some replays, including some ladder ones, and my only serious tour game.

UU Open round 1 vs Serene Grace:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-929601776
Ladder:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-930131177
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-930130165
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-930124065
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-930122272

My Open game actually also features a team that was submitted down below, fun fact.

Last edited:
Thought I'd post a couple of teams that might be sample worthy, due to some people wanting new ones. Even if these don't make it in at least some of you may enjoy using them yourself ^_^

<Click Sprites for Importable>

Some offense built around the core of CB Crawdaunt + SD Scizor. Main goal is for Daunt to break early with Scizor pivotting out into it, this being effective due to Scizor luring in bulky grounds and steel types. Rotom-H gives the team some form of speed control and a flying resist. It also gives a nice Scizor check, if the Scarf isn't required you can Trick it onto a usual switch in such as Hippo, Blissey etc. Gligar gives the team a form of hazard removal + a Coba and Terrak answer. The 9 IVs + Relaxed nature make you slower than Scizor so you can get momentum off it. Mega Altaria gives some counter play to Infernape and Hydreigon while easing the stall matchup with a Double Edge + Refresh set. Finally Cobalion rounds it off with a Stealth Rock user and a secondary Scizor check. Steelium Z for luring and nuking Amoonguss and Primarina which can be nuisances for this team.

This a Mamoswine balance squad. Doublade was the first partner due to Mamo being susceptible to Scizor and fighting types like Coba and Terrak. It appreciates Mamo breaking bulky grounds for Doublade to clean in the end game. Hydreigon gives me a stallbreaker that helps breaking things like Blissey and Empo a lot easier. It also provides me with a much needed Krook answer and Knock Off absorber. Mega Aggron gives a Scizor and Lati check capable of setting Stealth Rock, allowing Mamoswine to run a fourth moveslot being Knock Off. Florges was added due to the team appreciating Wish support + it helps deal with Hydreigon. Finally Tenta helps with the Ape and Primarina matchup, while providing a form of hazard removal.

A BO squad built around Moltres + Mega Altaria. Moltres threatens the steel types that wall Malt and can punish threats to it like Scizor and Cobalion due to Flame Body. Refresh Malt helps with the stall matchup and it has enough bulk to help against Krookodile. Empoleon gives the Defog support for base Altaria and Moltres, while giving a Prima + Lati check. Roar helps phase out set up users like Slowbro, Suicune etc. Doublade helps with the Terrak, Coba and Maero match up and acts as another late game cleaner. Krookodile is the speed control and helps remove ghost types like Chand and Gengar for Malt / Doub. Finally Terrakion was added because I needed a Stealth Rock setter and the team appreciated having another breaker capable of threatening Amoong, Gligar and steel types.
Edit: Oops I selected Protect > Pursuit on the Krook for the last team. Fixed.

Last edited:

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

Moltres @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Defog
- Hurricane

Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpD / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

This team was built around Banded Terrakion, a fearsome breaker that can tear through teams with the right support. The goal with this balance is to use the very solid steel-fairy core Mega Steelix and Florges (provides wish support to mons other than lix and is a cleric) early on, getting up rocks and keeping Lix healthy enough to weaken or kill mons capable of checking and beating Terrak, like Lati, Malt, Scarf Nihilego, and other mons I am too lazy to think of. Moltres is another key member of the squad as it can pressure (no pun intended) scarf fightings and Doublade. Tentacruel also plays a role in this squad to be a reliable spinner and improve hazard control, which is very important for this team to function correctly. Tentacruel also provides itself as another check to the fightings. Finally, Hydreigon was added to provide momentum, speed, and a way to revenge. Be aware of Mamoswine, Mega Manectric Volt-Turn and Feraligatr. Overall, solid build and tested many times.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Hello, I don't think this is the place to post this, but I think it's quite important. I'm a beginner in UU and I came here to find new teams, good or bad, whatever.
I would like to please have a sorting done in the teams posted here, not for lack of quality, but simply because half of them have Pokémon banned for months, such as Kommo-o, Venusaur-M, Breloom, Azumarill, Gliscor or even Serperior !
Once again, I'm not only talking about the samples at the beginning of the article, because I think that a sorting should be done on all the teams proposed, for players like me who don't limit themselves only to the samples, which are only 3 in number, and who want more diversity
Thank you in advance, and excuse me for my poor English.

Hello, I don't think this is the place to post this, but I think it's quite important. I'm a beginner in UU and I came here to find new teams, good or bad, whatever.
I would like to please have a sorting done in the teams posted here, not for lack of quality, but simply because half of them have Pokémon banned for months, such as Kommo-o, Venusaur-M, Breloom, Azumarill, Gliscor or even Serperior !
Once again, I'm not only talking about the samples at the beginning of the article, because I think that a sorting should be done on all the teams proposed, for players like me who don't limit themselves only to the samples, which are only 3 in number, and who want more diversity
Thank you in advance, and excuse me for my poor English.
Sample teams are supposed to represent what a good team looks like that also shows what the current metagame is. If you just want teams in general, the UU Team Bazaar is the best place to look. The quality of these teams may be questionable, but there are a lot more of them.

The reason you keep seeing teams with pokemon that have been banned or have moved into OU is because thats the outdated section, hence the word outdated. Not trying to be rude, but the first post in the thread with the pokemon sprites and "importable" under them is the indicator that that's the sample team. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, and we'll be happy to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)