EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Description:
Nidoking is a really scary wallbreaker thanks to its coverage and ability, also its typing makes it a safe switch to AV magearna and to koko to an extent, the AoA has defensive counterplay limited to things like chansey, mantine or Mvenu. People were talking about this in the metagame discussion so I wanted to have a team on it !

375px-637Volcarona.png
I'd like to request a team with Volcarona! It doesn't matter much which set is used.

Volcarona is recognized as one of the most dangerous sweepers in the tier right now. It has extremely high power and an unusual cadre of attacking move types to choose from, all bolstered by the ever-exceptional Quiver Dance. It can break just about anything it's likely to face- but not everything. It also requires quite a lot of support to remove the things that can impede or prevent it's sweep (Tyranitar, Chansey, Hazards). So, what does the team look like that can give everyone's favorite petraphobic sun moth the help it needs to truly shine?

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Description:
Gallade is a great and underrated wallbreaker, this mon has a good offensive type combined with strong STABs, in addition has a good Speed tier, outspeeding Kartana, Keldeo and speed ties with Latios and Diancie. Only request I really want is for him to be in a Bulky Offense. Grateful for the attention

Marigold

formerly KuraiTenshi26
Requesting Suicune (any set)

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Scald

Haze got nerfed so that it's affected by pressure, giving Suicune a really nice buff in being able to stall out haze users (like Toxapex) more reliably. Crit rate got nerfed too, which naturally buffs most bulky setup sweepers. A water type able to 1v1 grass types and electric types throughout a battle is really cool, especially one that can beat Cele/Bulu/Ferro-Pex cores. Any set and spread works, would prefer a playstyle that isn't more passive than bulky offense.

Hubriz

The Haruspex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
<3

Description: I would greatly appreciate a Team built around Magerana+Hydreigon as I struggle to capitalize on their typing's beautiful synergy.
If this Core doesn't work for the 8th rule stated in the OP, I would be fine with a team packing only Hydreigon. But I feel like Magearna is quite a splashable mon in the current metagame, so I think using the full core should be possible. Honestly, any sets would work, but I used an Assault Vest variant for Magearna most of the time as I feel like it is just too good.
Thanks a lot in advance!

SD Kartana

requested by Gareth de Voir

sd kart is one of the best breakers of the USUM metagame. it's arguably the single biggest threat to any fat/defensive team made atm and forces specific pokemon to be used in order to not be completely dismantled by it. this is where mega tyranitar comes in; it is able to get rocks up against most defoggers(the only one that stops it is really m-scizor, which is uncommon and still fears fire punch) as well as pursuit trap possible roadblocks to kartana(zapdos, torn, amoonguss etc). it also offers valuable defensive utility, sporting monstrous bulk and useful resistances as well as pursuit support for threats like heatran, choiced lele, zapdos etc. the ev spread is pretty simple, with max attack making its edges and pursuits hurt as much as possible. the speed outruns CB tyranitar, mega mawile and some slower tapu bulu and heatran spreads with the leftovers going to HP.

shuca tapu koko is a great offensive pivot that can provide kartana with setup opportunities or tyranitar with pursuit victims. it's also one of the most reliable hawlucha checks in the tier since poison jab is rare and roost allows it to stay healthy. shuca allows it to check zygarde and pinsir(even switching into the latter) with a lot more ease while luring and eliminating mindgames against scarfed lando-t. the ev spread allows it to take +2 stone edge from hawlucha after rocks damage and outspeed weavile.

the next slot has 2 possible sets; the one in the importable is protect heatran but wisp heatran is also fine. the point of protect is to be able to check fightinium z tapu lele, which would otherwise be a huge threat(although tyranitar does check as well if the z crystal isnt used on it). it also scouts against ash gren, scarf lando, cb tar, specs koko and more, allowing for big momentum swings. the extra leftovers recovery is also very appreciated since this team doesn't have a tapu bulu, as well as the extra chip on stuff like zygarde. wisp on the other hand can burn something like a zygarde or a tyranitar on the switch and ease your time against them. the spread on protect allows it to tank z-focus blast through protect into a regular focus blast from lele, outruns jolly bisharp and anything below and the spatk OHKOs offensive heatran every time(and a couple other uses, sth with hippo and zygarde that i cant recall rn)

bulky scarf lando offers fantastic role compression; it is able to defensively check a myriad of things, including zygarde and lopunny, 2 big threats to this build. it's not the most reliable defogger but the team won't offer too many setting opportunities. the evs outrun mega alakazam and zygarde at +1 while making hp ice always 2hko max hp landorus through leftovers. the defensive evs tank mawile's play rough into sucker punch after rocks in the most efficient way.

av amoonguss rounds this out by being the team's main greninja/koko SI/scout, whilst also switching into and beating most kartana sets(besides SD smart strike+rocks chip). it also lures in heatran and removes it, which could otherwise cause problems. you could run double spore in place of stomping tantrum and one of giga drain/sludge bomb, or even toxic instead of one of the two to still lure heatran, but i believe av fits best.

overall, neat team. the counterplay against psychics isn't the best and zyg can be problematic but there's definitely the potential and room to outplay.
enjoy :)
Thanks so much! Looks real cool.

Last edited:

Zygarde @ Dragonium
Ability: Aura Break
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Extreme Speed
-Outrage
-Thousand Arrows

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability:Teravolt
Nature:Naive
EVs: 4 Attack 252 Special Attack 252 Speed
-Hidden Power Fire
-Ice Beam
-Fusion Bolt
-Roost
I want to request an offensive team based around this team. Based on the sets I want, this core is somewhat straightforward. LF Kyurem Black is able to soften some of DD Zygarde's counters, mainly Grass types and some Bug types. After which, Zygarde can be used late game and sweep.

Last edited:
Requesting a Bulky Offensive team built around Assault Vest Zygarde.

Zygarde @ Assault Vest
EVs: 72 HP / 120 Atk / 8 Def / 40 SpA / 176 SpD / 92 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
:

Assault Vest Zygarde is actually really cool atm; it is very difficult to switch into for BO as normal checks Tapu Bulu and Landorus Therian get wrecked by Zygardes coverage. It also is a great check to mons like Volcarona and Heatran.

Felixx

I'm back.

Kyurem-Black @ Electrium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Fire]

or (which ever one is easier to build with)

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

The idea of Z-Fusion Bolt Kyurem is to lure Pex, AV Mag, Heatran and M-Sciz that think they can eat a hit and retaliate with status or a strong attack or 2. Koko bolters KB's damage to suprising levels and helps it pivot into fat grasses like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. Good examples of possible partners include Ash-Gren who likes the disposal of Pex and Mag, and Magnezone since this Kyurem set still struggles with Ferro to an extent. Btw feel free to choose a different nature for Kyurem if you think it's needed for the team.
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 350-412 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Requesting Bisharp

Bisharp @ Dread Plate/Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature/Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp is a really cool mon that hasn't been used in any of the teams so far. It's ability to punish defoggers is really useful, as most balance teams have them now. If played correctly, Bisharp can also punish Landorus-T, swords dancing on a switch and do 89-105% to defensive lando-t if adamant. Either dread plate or darkinium z are the usual items, however I did see a cool lum berry bring in spl that caused a lot of damage to the opposing team.

Lonely Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Ice] / [Fire]

or (which ever one is easier to build with)

Tapu Koko @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

The idea of Z-Fusion Bolt Kyurem is to lure Pex, AV Mag, Heatran and M-Sciz that think they can eat a hit and retaliate with status or a strong attack or 2. Koko bolters KB's damage to suprising levels and helps it pivot into fat grasses like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. Good examples of possible partners include Ash-Gren who likes the disposal of Pex and Mag, and Magnezone since this Kyurem set still struggles with Ferro to an extent. Btw feel free to choose a different nature for Kyurem if you think it's needed for the team.
252+ Atk Teravolt Kyurem-Black Gigavolt Havoc (180 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Electric Terrain: 350-412 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
Tapu Koko+Kyurem-Black Requested by Zero01

This is something I made with imsosorrylol during olt and it was used in snake as well. We came up with the idea of Kyurem+Koko+Sciz as the offensive core because theres very little that walls all three and the volt turn combo is really nice for getting kyurem in easily to claim kills. We used mantine as our defoger because of the ash gren and volcarona weakness. We gave the mantine haze to be able to deal with opposing SD scizor. Defensive lando was added to give the team stealth rocks as well as a solid switch into a lot of physical threats. Lastly we added scarf gren to be able to revenge kill volcarona and give the team more momentum. It also gives the team another form of hazards to whittle down the opposing switch ins to koko and kyurem. This team has been fairly successful for myself and sorry, Hope you like it :)
Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 28 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Calm Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog

Band Tyranitar + Keldeo
Requested by malomyotismon
View attachment 103022View attachment 103023View attachment 103027View attachment 103028View attachment 103024View attachment 103025
Old time effective core here centered around Tar trapping Latis for Keldeo to go in. Band Tyranitar is a fierce hitter which many teams have no real switch-ins to, mostly relying on Defensive Landorus to take its hits. I decided to make Keldeo specs contrary to scarf in your import because I feel it would be able to do a lot more in battle. I feel like scarf Keldeo in the current meta is way too weak and find that in most games it can just be a dead slot while using Specs or Z can offer so much more potential. Standard moves with HP Poison in the last slot to bop AV Bulus on the switch. The core still fills the same role with Keld being specs, so anyways onto the rest of the team. Deciding I wanted a defogger that can also play an offensive role I put Tornadus-T on the squad. Z Fly to lure in defensive mons and also take out weakened pexes is nice for Keldeo. Hurricane, Knock Off, Defog for the moves with either U-Turn or Superpower depending on what you prefer. Next, I wanted to add a scarfer seeing as I had made Keldeo Specs, so I put defensive scarf Landorus-T on the team. Filling the role as a Pinsir check/lure with rock slide and a solid form of momentum in u-turn, scarf Lando is always lovely for a mon like Keldeo to have. The team was lacking any real solid defensive backbone, so I decided to add Clefable. A nice stop to cheese like Hawlucha and Zygarde, Clef does the job nicely. Calm Mind also gives my team a substantial win con, with TWave to help neuter mons like Lele and the Zards so they can be trapped or picked off by Tar and Keld. Now I needed a rocker and a sturdy Ash Gren/Tapu Koko check, so I addedFerrothorn. SR, Leech Seed, Power Whip are standard, with Protect to be able to scout vs. Choiced Lele, and also help to heal more with leech seed. Well, theres the team, a bit annoyed by fatter pex builds but that's just going to be the case when using Keldeo, hope you enjoy!

CLICK ON POKEMON ABOVE FOR IMPORT
sorry for the late reply lifes been hetic you have my thank for taking the time to make the team <3

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Greninja @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse/Hydro Pump
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes

One of my favorite offensive/balance cores. Lopunny thrives with TSpikes up, using Fake Out to rack up extra damage. Gren basically baits in/KOs everything that can sponge a hit from Lopunny, whether it be Clef (Gunk Shot), Pex (Extrasensory), or Mew (Dark Pulse, athough it's unlikely that it'll stay in). Of course, the core is pretty weak to Stall, and can have a bit of trouble vs. Balance. However, I've found that it pretty much obliterates offense when I've tested with a few meh teams. Of course, I personally am not a super good builder, and would love to see what someone more talented than me in that regard could do with this core.

Requesting a team build off of mega slowbro
View attachment 101400
Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock/ Ice beam
CM Mega Slowbro

This is a variant of something I built with sorry in early SM but tweaked slightly to fit the current metagame. We started with CM Slowbro with a standard dual stab recover set and paired it with rocks Heatran+ AV Bulu to give us a FWG core to work around. For Hazard removal we went with defog Zapdos to be able to deal with things like Kartana and Mega Pinsir which were threatening to the team. From there we knew we needed a scarfer to give the team a form a speed control and a wincon to clean up late game. We also needed a ground type to prevent Tapu Koko from always being able to volt switch versus everything and gain endless momentum. We chose scarf Protean Greninja with spikes and DD Dragonium Zygarde in these 2 slots, although Groundium Z Zygarde can also be used to pick off opposing clefables. Hope you enjoy using this as much as I have, and if you dont then imsosorrylol.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
-Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam

Last edited by a moderator:
CM Mega Slowbro

This is a variant of something I built with sorry in early SM but tweaked slightly to fit the current metagame. We started with CM Slowbro with a standard dual stab recover set and paired it with rocks Heatran+ AV Bulu to give us a FWG core to work around. For Hazard removal we went with defog Zapdos to be able to deal with things like Kartana and Mega Pinsir which were threatening to the team. From there we knew we needed a scarfer to give the team a form a speed control and a wincon to clean up late game. We also needed a ground type to prevent Tapu Koko from always being able to volt switch versus everything and gain endless momentum. We chose scarf Protean Greninja with spikes and DD Dragonium Zygarde in these 2 slots, although Groundium Z Zygarde can also be used to pick off opposing clefables. Hope you enjoy using this as much as I have, and if you dont then imsosorrylol.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Scald
- Psyshock

Tapu Bulu @ Assault Vest
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 36 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Nature's Madness
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
thank you so much :)

E3B1E5A7-0911-4D73-9330-626A4B64E4A6.gif
Hi, I’m requesting a team around choice specs Tapu Lele.
Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
I enjoy using it and it hits extremely hard. I also love its ability. Thanks <3

I would like to build a team with this Trapping + Breaker core but its not very easy:

charizard-megay.png
gliscor.png

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Sand Tomb
- Knock Off/Toxic
- Roost

Charizarz Y went down to usage beacuse of broken Toxapex and broken Chansey, with Sand Tomb Gliscor it is possible to remove these two and Char Y will return to shine.
What do you think about it?

Since almost any one looks for its offensive cores, I would like ask for a team with a deffensive core of my like :D

Requesting: HP Ice M-Scizor + Mantine or Toxapex (I'm aware this gonna result in a fat balance, but I love it)
+
OR

This two mons have a really good defensive sinergy, M-Scizor can check many physical threats that Mantine can't, with the bonus of HP Ice dealing with the likes of Zyg and Lando-T, taking pressure away from Mantine being a Grounnd immunity, while Mantine provides the defog support, allowing M-Sciz go for HP Ice, while also provides a switch-in Fire-types like Heatran (Toxic variants are annoying), Volcarona, Blacephalon and the rare M-Zard Y, and checking a myriad of special attackers bar Psyshock Lele and Electric-types. Toxapex works very well here too, Pex exchanges Defog support for more durability. I would be fine which whatever you want to build :) I really like balance teams, and I feel this core seals the deal pretty well.
Feel free to change any EV spread or move for hit some benchmarks or whatever you want :)
Thanks whoever takes this requests :D

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Relaxed Nature
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Scald
- Defog
- Toxic / Haze

OR

Toxapex @ Black Sludge / Payapa Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes / Toxic / Knock Off

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Description:
Mega Lopunny is strong, fast physical attacker with an amazing speed tier that lets it out speed the entire unboosted metagame except for Mega Alakazam. It can revenge kill things such as Tapu Koko and Ash Gren if it isn't locked to Water Shuriken. Magnezone traps some of Lopunny's counters like Skarmory and Celesteela as well as bulky Mega Scizor.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Description:
Nidoking is a really scary wallbreaker thanks to its coverage and ability, also its typing makes it a safe switch to AV magearna and to koko to an extent, the AoA has defensive counterplay limited to things like chansey, mantine or Mvenu. People were talking about this in the metagame discussion so I wanted to have a team on it !
- click for importable

I agree that Nidoking is a really scary wallbreaker and have thought so dating back to late SM, when I used it in a tournament battle here. A month or so back, I decided to revamp the team I used in that battle and it became the team linked above. The idea behind the team is a pretty simple exploitation of Pursuit -- Pokemon such as Nidoking and Kartana both appreciate this support and Mega Tyranitar not only provides a strong Pursuit, but it is also easily sturdy enough to withstand attacks from common targets, set up Stealth Rock, and function as a strong defensive utility with a solid enough offensive presence to fit the team structure.

Nidoking is primarily present on the build as a balance breaker and offensive pivot that can take advantage of Clefable, Toxapex, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and other common defensive pivots, often threatening balance teams and perhaps even getting a kill each time it gets in the battle safely. Kartana, the other Pokemon I mentioned in the first paragraph, also can help with breaking through defensive cores, but it is geared more towards being a win condition on this team, as well as a stallbreaker. Defog as the filler move on Kartana lets you run Toxic on Scarf Landorus-T, which lets you have a fighting chance against opposing Hawlucha and cripple opposing Zapdos, which is problematic to Kartana, and Mew, which is problematic to Nidoking. Additionally, Defog being present on the team prevents opposing Spikes from becoming too annoying if they have a setter that is not trapped by Magnezone (aka Greninja, who you cannot reliably Defog against, of course, but you should be able to pivot in afterwards easily enough depending upon the situation). The Tyranitar, as mentioned before, is intended to support the two aforementioned Pokemon with Pursuit while getting Stealth Rocks up and being a vital component of the defensive backbone. Speaking of the defensive backbone, AV Tangrowth and a fairly bulky Scarf Landorus-T round it out, complimenting each other and providing defensive counterplay to a vast majority of the metagame. Finally, Scarf Magnezone is present to trap some problematic Steel types, generate momentum, and just thwart opposing Kartana from clean-sweeping the team as it otherwise could if given a free turn. All things considered, this is a really fun team to play and it does relatively well.

Always lead Tyranitar vs Mega Sableye stall teams and click Stone Edge w/out mega evolving on the Protect turn 1 -- they always switch out, fearing Band Tar. Turn 2 you can Stealth Rock and mega evolve into the switch-in and then use the momentum from there to move forward. Later on, if they Defog, you still pressure Mega Sableye a ton with Stone Edge, so either taking it out or getting Stealth Rocks up again should no be impossible, but it is very easy to do it to start the game at least.

- click for importable

I agree that Nidoking is a really scary wallbreaker and have thought so dating back to late SM, when I used it in a tournament battle here. A month or so back, I decided to revamp the team I used in that battle and it became the team linked above. The idea behind the team is a pretty simple exploitation of Pursuit -- Pokemon such as Nidoking and Kartana both appreciate this support and Mega Tyranitar not only provides a strong Pursuit, but it is also easily sturdy enough to withstand attacks from common targets, set up Stealth Rock, and function as a strong defensive utility with a solid enough offensive presence to fit the team structure.

Nidoking is primarily present on the build as a balance breaker and offensive pivot that can take advantage of Clefable, Toxapex, Heatran, Ferrothorn, and other common defensive pivots, often threatening balance teams and perhaps even getting a kill each time it gets in the battle safely. Kartana, the other Pokemon I mentioned in the first paragraph, also can help with breaking through defensive cores, but it is geared more towards being a win condition on this team, as well as a stallbreaker. Defog as the filler move on Kartana lets you run Toxic on Scarf Landorus-T, which lets you have a fighting chance against opposing Hawlucha and cripple opposing Zapdos, which is problematic to Kartana, and Mew, which is problematic to Nidoking. Additionally, Defog being present on the team prevents opposing Spikes from becoming too annoying if they have a setter that is not trapped by Magnezone (aka Greninja, who you cannot reliably Defog against, of course, but you should be able to pivot in afterwards easily enough depending upon the situation). The Tyranitar, as mentioned before, is intended to support the two aforementioned Pokemon with Pursuit while getting Stealth Rocks up and being a vital component of the defensive backbone. Speaking of the defensive backbone, AV Tangrowth and a fairly bulky Scarf Landorus-T round it out, complimenting each other and providing defensive counterplay to a vast majority of the metagame. Finally, Scarf Magnezone is present to trap some problematic Steel types, generate momentum, and just thwart opposing Kartana from clean-sweeping the team as it otherwise could if given a free turn. All things considered, this is a really fun team to play and it does relatively well.

Always lead Tyranitar vs Mega Sableye stall teams and click Stone Edge w/out mega evolving on the Protect turn 1 -- they always switch out, fearing Band Tar. Turn 2 you can Stealth Rock and mega evolve into the switch-in and then use the momentum from there to move forward. Later on, if they Defog, you still pressure Mega Sableye a ton with Stone Edge, so either taking it out or getting Stealth Rocks up again should no be impossible, but it is very easy to do it to start the game at least.
thanks, loocks great

I'm here to requeat a Mega Medicham and Greninja-Ash team.

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Telepathy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Spikes

The way this offensive core works shouldn't be a secret to anyone in particular, given simple, straightforward and still outstandingly effective it is. To cut the long story short: Mega Medicham - at the moment one of the most stronger breakers on the OU - pressures and potentially gets rid of Gren's answers (Pex, AV users, Chansey, to mention a few), while it does pretty much the same for Medi, putting weight against most of its checks and counters (Bulky Psychics and some ghosts) - all this back and forth in order to reduce the opposing team to nothing but shreds.

I think this is good enough. As closing words, let me say that I'm not picky about the direction this team should take. Anyone is free to grab this request it and build around it in any way they deem fit. Don't worry about these little details and have fun while getting the work done.

Thanks in advance.

323-m.png

Camerupt-Mega @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Nature Power/hp ice
- Stealth Rock/yawn/toxic

Description:
I honestly think mega camerupt is one of the most underrated pokemon in OU, being able to come in and take advantage of mons like zapdos, koko, magearna, clef, mega scizor and destroy everything that isnt the lati twins, chansey and mantine makes this a really big threat for balance teams.I've tried to build with this mon before and i have to say it isnt an easy task, while it can provide a lot of power for a team it certainly needs a lot of support from it at the same time, it's not a mon that you can just splash onto a team and call it a day, which makes it even more special if you can succeed with it.

The spread is pretty simple max spa for maximum damage, enough speed to creep 12 evs pex and the rest in hp i will get to alternative spread once i discuss the movepool.

Fire blast and epower are mandatory being the best stabs camel has, flamethrower is a possibility since accuracy and pp can be a bitch to deal with especially against fatter teams which is what camel is suppost to be good against. Between nature power and hp ice is up to the builder, both offer great coverage. Starting with nature power you obviously want a tapu paired up with this guy and both koko and bulu fit like a glove, koko providing momentum for this guy to come in and bulu providing great sinergy, weakening eq, passive recovery and it turns nature power into energy ball which can be an effective way to lure bulky waters like gastrodon and rotom-wash.If you are going for the bulu+np route i suggest 156 spe to creep gastro. I dont think tbolt provides much for camel besides threatning mantine and pelipper from coming in so in that case hp ice might be the better option which serves as a way to deal big damage against the likes of zygarde, garchomp and scarf latios as well as not risking fire blast against lando (not like anyone brings their lando into camel but it can come in handy if you know they're just gonna bring him in), having a 50% to OHKO a offensive zygarde from full, garantees a 2hko on scarf latios after rocks and just one shots offensive garchomp.
Last moveslot is between rocks,yawn and toxic all these are great options depending on what set your going for, rocks are great in general, its able to set it up against koko, magearna, clef, zapdos and even in stall matches as sableye cannot switch or stay in this monster, the best it can do is stall pp with protect.Yawn just puts even more pressure on your opponents team forcing a sleep fodder or switching out and toxic is a potential option if nature power was chosen as it's a good way to hit on mons like zygarde, latis, chomp and mantine.

One last thing to consider is 188 speed so that you outspeed tangrowth which sacrifices a lot of bulk on camel, making him more vulnerable against things he would easily come in if he had the extra bulk like magearna and mega scizor.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post :), it might be a little big (maybe big enough so it wont be accepted as a request) and you may probably already know all of this about camerupt but i feel like letting everything out was the best thing for me to do.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

I've already built a team around this set myself (gonna be posting it on RMT soon boys watch this space :eyes:) but I just wanna have another team with it on to make a comparison. Also, I want more people to know about and use this set; it's amazing and should get more love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)