UU Simple Questions Thread

keep jolly. scarf heracross and darmanitan are a thing. its also nice to have the option of checking things like niodking, kyurem, and random things like -1 scarf victini. i also prefer dragon claw to outrage w/ LO as the item because if you kill something w/ outrage then the ever common florges or maggron will just come in and revenge you for free, whereas you sweep right past them w/ dragon claw.
I'm running screen support so virtually nothing bar Hydreigon/Latias Draco Meteor can OHKO -grin-

While this is undeniably sexy:

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 179-213 (52 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I think the power difference between Dragon Claw and Outrage is too great; +1 LO Dragon Claw doesn't seem to 2HKO a lot of the same walls, and the first thing I noticed coming to UU was how stally this meta can be.

+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Chesnaught: 175-207 (46 - 54.4%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

For pure Wall Breaking power, Lum Berry Outrage solves what I want it to solve without having to sneak in a second boost.

Definitely going to keep Jolly though, I want him taking as few hits as possible. Thank you.

Last edited:
Is the only reason Ferroseed is even ranked on the viability rankings is because it can wall stuff like Magnezone (Since most Zone users use HP Grass)? I personally think that Chesnaught, Gourgeist and Amoonguss outclass it as a bulky grass (And outclassed by Ches and Roserade when it comes to Spiking), and all Fighting-types in the tier (Ones that have Knock Off especially) murder it.

Is the only reason Ferroseed is even ranked on the viability rankings is because it can wall stuff like Magnezone (Since most Zone users use HP Grass)? I personally think that Chesnaught, Gourgeist and Amoonguss outclass it as a bulky grass (And outclassed by Ches and Roserade when it comes to Spiking), and all Fighting-types in the tier (Ones that have Knock Off especially) murder it.
Ferroseed found usage last generation because it was a complete stop to Kindra, who was a legitimate threat last generation. It's also a rather reliable spiker and has access to Leech Seed, so it does still have a niche. Other than that however, it's outclassed by Chesnaught.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Using the 1760 stats, is there a list of things that would drop?
Just wondering....
List of BL/UU mons that would become OU: Landorus, Deoxys-S, Latias, Keldeo, Kyurem-B, Chansey, Deoxys-D, Manaphy, Terrakion, Zapdos

List of OU mons that would become UU: Donphan, Klefki, Smeargle, Starmie, Trevenant, Galvantula, Tentacruel, Sableye, Cloyster, Forretress, Salamence

Speaking of which, would Trevenant's drop make Gourgeist irrelevant (Or at least worse)? Both were ranked in C+ in the OU rankings.

And same with Sableye affecting Liepard. And Cloyster affecting Cinccino and Omastar.

But Mence, uhhhhhhhhhhh........................... (Lot of people think it would end up BL, I'm not sure really)

I tested out Dragalge a week or two ago and was pretty unimpressed. I ran Calm 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SDef which was... made for some reason that I can't recall since it's been a while.

Would anyone have any suggestions or advice for using it or what I could try out with it at least. What I was using before just wasn't working well. I'm aware that until Adaptability is released it's probably not worth using/outclassed, but its typing and movepool are somewhat interesting to me and I'd like to give it another try with a (hopefully) better set.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of which, would Trevenant's drop make Gourgeist irrelevant (Or at least worse)? Both were ranked in C+ in the OU rankings.

And same with Sableye affecting Liepard. And Cloyster affecting Cinccino and Omastar.

But Mence, uhhhhhhhhhhh........................... (Lot of people think it would end up BL, I'm not sure really)
I don't think Trevenant dropping would make Gourgeist worse, as they're different pokemon. Trevenant stalls and Gourgeist-XL walls and Gourgeist-S SubSeeds.
I do think Cloyster dropping might affect Omastar's usage, but not Cincinno's, as it's threatening w/out boosts.
And finally, yes. I think on non weather teams, Sableye would kill Liepard's usage.

wait wait hang on i'm confused
latias is gone from the viability ranking thread and salamence and klefki are there, among others
d-does that mean we're using the 1760 stats now or something?
forgive me if i'm missing something/there's been an announcement, i looked for some info and couldn't find any.

latias is gone from the viability ranking thread and salamence and klefki are there, among others
forgive me if i'm missing something/there's been an announcement, i looked for some info and couldn't find any.
Yeah

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yes, we've changed to 1760 stats! Click on the link in my signature if you're interested in the new OU.

If we are using 1760 stats then aren't we using the stats of only like 5 people in uu
1Limitless180790.31921 ± 412926.63256.8
2pokemonisfun180486.81856 ± 303091.44735.2
3Kushalos176290.21920 ± 462906.53190.9
4hilarious172885.81840 ± 382609.42539.4

If we are using 1760 stats then aren't we using the stats of only like 5 people in uu
1Limitless180790.31921 ± 412926.63256.8
2pokemonisfun180486.81856 ± 303091.44735.2
3Kushalos176290.21920 ± 462906.53190.9
4hilarious172885.81840 ± 382609.42539.4
The stats are based on Glicko, not ELO, which is a much larger group of people. And UU usage stats are only used to determine RU, which doesn't exist yet. UU usage stats mean nothing to the tier and determine nothing. The tier is only based on OU usage stats. And, the stats don't exclude everyone below 1760. All they do is weight them so that the ratings assume that the "average competitive player" is rated 1760. You can read more about it in the Policy Review.

I've been playing UU recently, and I think I need some help. I'm currently building an offensive team based around dual dragons (Hax + Mence) and Magnezone in UU. I need a good offensive counter to Tornadus-T, as this thing switches into and hurts a lot of my team very hard. However, I have yet to find a good solid offensive switch-in outside other Electric-types, such as Mega Manetric. Since I already have Magnezone, I don't want to be running another Electric type. So, basically my question is this: What's a good non-electric type switch-in to Tornadus-T for offensive teams?

Any and all help is very appreciated! :)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I've been playing UU recently, and I think I need some help. I'm currently building an offensive team based around dual dragons (Hax + Mence) and Magnezone in UU. I need a good offensive counter to Tornadus-T, as this thing switches into and hurts a lot of my team very hard. However, I have yet to find a good solid offensive switch-in outside other Electric-types, such as Mega Manetric. Since I already have Magnezone, I don't want to be running another Electric type. So, basically my question is this: What's a good non-electric type switch-in to Tornadus-T for offensive teams?

Any and all help is very appreciated! :)
Mega Aggron is not bad at all

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
i don't know what "offensive" means to you but having 140 base attack pretty much means you're always offensive in my opinion. However if you already have a SR setter, a Curse Rest Talk is pretty decent in my opinion but it depends much more on your team than the standard SR Roar Heavy Slam EQ set which basically any team can use.

The EV spread I like to use is max HP and max SpD with Adamant nature and with the occasional speed creep. Ice Punch is nice for Zygarde and Salamence weak teams.

i don't know what "offensive" means to you but having 140 base attack pretty much means you're always offensive in my opinion. However if you already have a SR setter, a Curse Rest Talk is pretty decent in my opinion but it depends much more on your team than the standard SR Roar Heavy Slam EQ set which basically any team can use.

The EV spread I like to use is max HP and max SpD with Adamant nature and with the occasional speed creep. Ice Punch is nice for Zygarde and Salamence weak teams.
Ok, sounds great! I think I'll try it out :)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LightningLuxray , I know it's an Electric-type, but when I need an offensive counter to Tornadus-T, I use Mega Ampharos. Reason being that virtually everything else that can switch into it is getting their item Knocked Off. Mega Ampharos (virtually any set like bulky attacker, physically defensive, or specially defensive) can effectively take on Tornadus-T and maintain offensive momentum with Volt Switch. Outside of that, and Defensive Tank Mega Aggron, there aren't many offensive "counters" to Tornadus-T due to its great coverage and high Speed.

LightningLuxray , I know it's an Electric-type, but when I need an offensive counter to Tornadus-T, I use Mega Ampharos. Reason being that virtually everything else that can switch into it is getting their item Knocked Off. Mega Ampharos (virtually any set like bulky attacker, physically defensive, or specially defensive) can effectively take on Tornadus-T and maintain offensive momentum with Volt Switch. Outside of that, and Defensive Tank Mega Aggron, there aren't many offensive "counters" to Tornadus-T due to its great coverage and high Speed.
I would definitely use Mega Ampharos, but having two Electric type on a already Ground weak team is very scary. D: Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely keep that in mind :)

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I have a few mechanics questions that I couldn't find an answer to on bulbapedia or serebii so I was hoping someone on these forums knew the answer.

What is the chance of Outrage striking for two turns compared to three turns if you can have those turns uninterrupted? I always assumed it was a 50:50 but now that I think about it I have really no idea if that's true. Also i have the same question for Petal Dance though I think its safe to assume they work the same way.

What does Protect do to Outrage? As in sometimes it stops making me Outrage and I'm not confused and sometimes I am confused at the end of it.

What speed does Victini hit after the drop from V-Create assuming it has a Choice Scarf Jolly and 252 EVs in Speed and perfect IVs? I thought you would go down back to 328 but I think I remember reading somewhere you go to 327. Exactly how does that work?

Also has anyone tried a Sniper Focus Energy Scope Lens Kingdra with Draco Meteor? It sounds exciting especially if you can also get an Agility boost but I'm not certain what to use for a fourth move or what EV spread I should use.

I have a few mechanics questions that I couldn't find an answer to on bulbapedia or serebii so I was hoping someone on these forums knew the answer.
What is the chance of Outrage striking for two turns compared to three turns if you can have those turns uninterrupted? I always assumed it was a 50:50 but now that I think about it I have really no idea if that's true. Also i have the same question for Petal Dance though I think its safe to assume they work the same way.
What does Protect do to Outrage? As in sometimes it stops making me Outrage and I'm not confused and sometimes I am confused at the end of it.
Protect disrupts and ends Outrage. If it was your last turn, you're confused, if it was not your last turn, Outrage ends but you're not confused. I believe it works the same way for other interruptions, like hitting a Fairy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)