UU Simple Questions Thread

Thanks guys

I'll try Heavy Slam Machamp and Gunk Shot Pangoro

I might try Specs Flash Cannon Hydreigon, but I'm not a fan of double
dragon fairy lure simply because in the past whenever I seen two dragons without multiple ways to kill fairies on that team (like I have) I automatically assume one is meant to lure and play around it.

I can't use CM Roar Suicune because it fits poorly with HO IMO
just make sure the two are exceeding 187 speed since the lures are naturally slower than florges

So I'm gonna be participating in the suspect, and I'm actually sorta excited. So I'm considering replacing mega bird with moltres. Anybody have a good set?

with my luck this is in the wrong place

There's not really a great set, because Moltres doesn't have a quick and dirty way of replicating No Guard Hurricane. I'd argue that Rain Dance Tornadus is a better replacement. You still get STAB base 125 Hurricanes, but a better speed tier and more reliable STAB.

So I'm gonna be participating in the suspect, and I'm actually sorta excited. So I'm considering replacing mega bird with moltres. Anybody have a good set?

with my luck this is in the wrong place
If you want wall breaker go lo if cleaner or revenge killer go scarf. On wall breaker dual stab roost wilo. Scarf you can run uturn if you need some momentum. Dual stab and filler maybe hp something.

Moltres greater than Tornadus because of secondary stab.

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
its definitely viable, sets like cm tailwind or sub cm were at one point really common. Suicune is just an all around good pokemon capable of running a bunch of different stuff depending on what people feel like using at the time.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Substitute / Tailwind
- Calm Mind

This is the set I use, I've forgotten what it does exactly but makes a great partner to heracross/ Tyrantrum. It is also a nice wincon to setup on shit like p2 with sub.

Any thought of letting back smeargle and scolipede back in the tier? They're clearly balanced without quickpass. Some may argue that smeargle's lead set and scoli cleaner set may be potentially too much, but they are without they're flaws. Smeargle has zero sustainability and is outclassed at sd+np passing by gligar and togetic respectably. Scoli is a lot Better than smeargle, although it is checked/ countered by mega aerodactyl and salamence. I feel like smeargle's main niche will be spore+memento+stealth rock for set up sweepers like slurpuff, absol, gatr and various other set up sweepers on HO. Scoli has multiple amazing sets but one that may be slightly overhyped is the lead set. It is beaten by common defoggers and spinners like empoleon, salamence, etc and obv it doesn't really have longetivity.

The question is whether or not Scolipede is still too good a sweeper with Speed Boost and SD. A large amount of the arguments I read for it banning really listed Baton Pass as an afterthought, usually in the format of "Well, Scolipede was pushing my shit in in ways that I didn't know were possible in UU, but when I finally had a stop to it it just passed to a DIFFERENT member of their team and finished the sweep." Not that Baton Pass wasn't a reason for its banning, but I don't think it's any less of a threat without it.

The question is whether or not Scolipede is still too good a sweeper with Speed Boost and SD. A large amount of the arguments I read for it banning really listed Baton Pass as an afterthought, usually in the format of "Well, Scolipede was pushing my shit in in ways that I didn't know were possible in UU, but when I finally had a stop to it it just passed to a DIFFERENT member of their team and finished the sweep." Not that Baton Pass wasn't a reason for its banning, but I don't think it's any less of a threat without it.
The problem with sweeper scoli is it's 4mss. It needs protect, sd, poison jab, eq and megahorn. Or else it's simply not as effective.

Not that my opinion matters much but I think for simplicity's sake it makes sense to complete the Pidgeotite suspect test before introducing new things to the meta (Venomoth and Smeargle I can't imagine being problematic but Scolipede probably deserves a suspect test of its own).

Not that my opinion matters much but I think for simplicity's sake it makes sense to complete the Pidgeotite suspect test before introducing new things to the meta (Venomoth and Smeargle I can't imagine being problematic but Scolipede probably deserves a suspect test of its own).
I agree with the above but no way in hell does venomoth need a full month suspect. A quiver dancer with sludge bomb, psychic and bug buzz as it's only coverage and that despite it's typing is a awful fighting check.

I dunno, Quiver Dance+Sleep Powder+Tinted Lens isn't gonna be good enough for UU of course but it's definitely strong enough to at least find a niche in RU, with a handy Fairy resist and Toxic immunity that lets it set up on the things that have become popular for checking Scrafty and Flygon. That not really a discussion to have here though.

The ultimate fate of Venomoth is debatable, but I think we can generally agree that without QuiverPass there's not much justification to keep it BL. If I were going to predict where it will end up, I'd say it looks a bit similar to Cloyster to me; it'll destroy unprepared teams in lower ladder where it'll get enough usage to stay UU, but will be rarely seen higher up.

Smeargle is still a tricky case, since it's absolutely possible to use a combination of Calm Mind and Cotton Guard into a Magic Bounce pokemon. I'm no expert on denisss-pass, but I know enough that it shouldn't be given any leeway. Scoliopede is similarly problematic, since the complex ban only impacts his Speed Boost SD/BP set and he has plenty of other dangerous sets.

Venomoth could honestly fall to UU without any repurcussions. Cloyster, as Darvin brought up, is doing fine in UU. And venomoth is (arguably) weaker than Cloyster, movepool and stats wise. I could see Venomoth being unbanned in UU then droping to RU in usage now that BP is banned.

Venomoth could honestly fall to UU without any repurcussions. Cloyster, as Darvin brought up, is doing fine in UU. And venomoth is (arguably) weaker than Cloyster, movepool and stats wise. I could see Venomoth being unbanned in UU then droping to RU in usage now that BP is banned.
The mon i see most simliar to venomoth is liligant except liligant has better stats and stabs. Liligant is nu so.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)