Tournament UU Snake Draft II: Manager Sign-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion

Thanks to the one and only lydian for the fantastic art!
hosted by Alkione and DugZa

With Pokemon Home coming in sometime January, we have decided that it is finally time to have another UU team tournament this year to further the progression of the tier. This means our likely start date will be November 8th for the first week of the tour, and will likely be 8 teams, so a 7-week regular season, and 2 weeks for playoffs. SCL is already on Week 8, so there should be minimal overlap.

With that being said, we did not want a full SS tour, so the tiers for this tour will be as follows:

3 SS UU / 1 SM UU / 1 ORAS UU / 1 BW UU / 1 DPP UU / 1 ADV UU / 1 GSC UU / 1 RBY.
*Baton Pass is banned from ADV UU and BW UU in this tournament.
+No Liepard or Riolu in BW UU

This may be reduced to 8 slots depending on player signups.

Like mentioned earlier, we are looking to have 8 teams, and that is the purpose of this thread. Post below if you would be interested in managing, and feel that you could commit to staying around for the entirety of the tour. Managers will be able to purchase themselves, but it will be in lieu of a round 1 pick in order to keep it fair. This year there are comanagers, but only one will be able to play. As it is a Snake Draft, the pick order will be randomized and announced a couple of days after player signups. There will be 14 rounds of drafting.

--

With all that out of the way, these are the qualifications we are looking for; managers will be chosen based on experience in UU tournaments, involvement in the community, competence, and historically demonstrating good behavior. If you're signing up as a new manager, include solid reasoning as to why you would be a good manager based on these qualities. No shitposts masquerading as sign-up posts, so no "in" posts, please.

If you are a returning manager, make sure to identify the team which you are reclaiming by the letter assigned to it. Returning managers will be given priority to reclaim their existing teams, but they may not take over a team that was not previously theirs.

Manager name:
Team name:
Returning manager:
Previous team:

example:

Manager name: martha
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Team name: Dreamyard Diancies
Returning manager: yes
Previous team: A

For new managers, the returning managers have priority to claim their previous teams, so when choosing a team to take over, try to choose one that will not be taken. Below are the list of teams, their assigned letter, and list of retains:
Manager name:
Team name:
Team preference 1:
Team preference 2:

example:

Manager name: Mitski
Assistant Manager (if applicable):
Team name: The Rotom-Wash Hearts
Team preference 1: D
Team preference 2: A

note: life is cruel and you may not be guaranteed your first or even second choice!

Team A: Dreamyard Diancies
Team B: Brave Mew World
Team C: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name
Team D: Union Cave Dunsparce
Team E: Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Team F: Los Cherno Bouffalants
Team G: Bebo Brand Barboaches
Team H: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas

If you plan on playing as a manager, do remember to sign up in this thread as well.

Signups will remain open till this Tuesday the 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Manager name: avarice
Assistant Manager (if applicable): Highways
Team name: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
Team preference 1: H
Team preference 2: w/e

We are both very active members of the UU community, have tournament experience and were apart of this team last year. I have manager experience from PUWC and UUFPL where we made finals, and have NDPL and RoA Independents ongoing and doing p well. Highways is also experienced as he was a manager for UUWC.

Last edited:
Manager name: Hyogafodex
Assistant Manager (if applicable): umbry
Team name: Lake of Outrage (Mionda) Sandacondas
Team preference 1: H
Team preference 2: w/e

We are both very active members of the UU community, have tournament experience and were apart of this team last year. I have manager experience from PUWC and UUFPL where we made semis, and have NDPL and RoA Independents ongoing and doing p well. Umbry is also experienced as she was a manager for UUWC.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Manager name: pokemonisfun
Assistant Manager (if applicable): LNumbers
Team name: Brave Mew World - I have the former ramolost 's permission
Team preference 1: B
Team preference 2: no second preference

I understand new managers will be selected based on " UU tournaments, involvement in the community, competence, and historically demonstrating good behavior."

UU tournaments
I have been involved in UU tournaments since generation 5 and I've been the highest ranked circuit tournament player over 2020 and 2021. I've also joined several unofficial forum tournaments including hosting multiple iterations of UU blitz tournament and winning the inaugural UUFPL which I was an assistant manager for. I've previously managed UUPL and wrote highlight profiles for draft tournaments in UU before because I want everyone to have a fair chance to be considered if they are in the community. I am involved in tournaments even when I am not a participant such as writing several analysis posts of SCL, SSD, and SPL games as well as building and testing for team South and China in UUWC II. Last year, I dropped out of UU Majors and UU SD for unfortunate personal reasons that are unlikely to repeat.

Involvement in community and competence
I've been involved in the community since generation 5 consistently posting in the forums. Currently, I have several hundred substantive posts in the forums as well as participating in most forum projects. I offer free tutoring and building advice to any UU player which I spend several hours on weekly. I ask the PS UU room chat roughly 5-6 days a week how everyone is doing and am frequently online to answer questions and comments and engage with anyone who wants to chat. I have over 25,000 lines of chat in the official UU discord, including hundreds of lines of substantive messages where I analyze VR and NP thread posts. I am on the UU council and have voted for likely dozens of public suspect tests since I started playing Smogon UU in generation 5. I've been the best UU ladder player since generation 5.

Good behavior
I have not been infracted in several years or punished by UU PS/discord staff in several years as well.

I promise to hold tryouts and attempt to schedule with anyone who wants to should I be a manager and I promise to be objective and evaluate everyone who signs up.

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Manager name: Lily
Assistant Manager (if applicable): idk yet but there'll probably be someone
Team name: tbd
Returning manager: no
Team preference 1: A
Team preference 2: whatever's left is fine i'm gonna rebrand it anyway

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Manager signups are now closed. Below are the managers & their respective teams for UUSD II:

Team A: Dreamyard Diancies - Managed by Lilburr
Team B: Brave Mew World - Managed by pokemonisfun and LNumbers
Team C: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name - Managed by TDK and Pearl
Team D: Meteor Falls Lunatones - Managed by TPP and Lunala
Team E: Dragon's Den Dragonairs - Managed by Indigo Plateau and Accel
Team F: Los Cherno Bouffalants - Managed by Juno and Askov
Team G: Bebo Brand Barboaches - Managed by vivalospride and Amane Misa
Team H: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas - Managed by avarice and Highways

Stay tuned for draft order!

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
The draft order is as follows:

Pick #1: TDK Today at 22:01 lily my team has decided we will not have a team name
Pick #2: Brave Mew World
Pick #3: Bebo Brand Barboaches
Pick #4: Lake of Outrage Sandacondas
Pick #5: Dragon's Den Dragonairs
Pick #6: Meteor Falls Lunatones
Pick #7: Los Cherno Bouffalants
Pick #8: Dreamyard Diancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)