VGC Apprentice Program - Round One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Darth Mollux
Pokemon Online username: BabyJessica
Timezone/hours of availability: EST 12pm - 10pm any day; have to work around
cross country practice which fluctuates until school starts Sept 5th
Division: Masters
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been a smogon stalker for three years now, researching furiously to develop teams I never got around to making due to rng frustration. I just joined PO and now smogon, and have been refining a very unorthodox vgc team (has been having fairly consistent wins) that I would like some help and advice on. I suppose I could post a RMT but I plan to compete so I don't want someone stealing my team! In general I would like to learn more about doubles, so that if I can get my team together I might have success in VGC.

Also, I apologize if this is a dumb question, and for the oh-crap-double-post there, but I'm assuming we will be notified by our eventual tutor via PM and not in this thread? Is that correct?

Username: lapras6666
Pokemon Online username: lapras6666
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +2 pretty much at any time cause it's summer (except really really late night hours)
Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later): Masters (if I was born 11 days later I would be a senior lol)
Tell us a little about yourself: Spanish teenager who loves pokemon and has played competitively for a year and a half now. I've always played smogon tiers, so this will be my introduction to VGC. I like playing football (soccer), tennis, hanging out with friends, and videogames.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Username: TrollFreak
Pokemon Online username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6 PM - 8 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a senior in high school and I love Pokemon!

Also, TalkingLion is a tutor now, I call bs on everylevel

Pick Me! Pick Me!

Username: BlazeCrimson
Pokemon Online Username: BlazeCrimson
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: ([GMT -5] Eastern Standard Time US) Available Monday-Friday 7AM-11AM and 4PM to 8PM. All day during weekends. Flexible.
Tell us a little about yourself: I believe I have a Beginner to Intermediate level of skill with VGC. I have some experience battling on the Skarmbliss PO server, but I know I have a lot more potential than my current level. I have never been to a regional or anything like that though since I'm still trying to learn how to do RNG abuse and such. I am very enthusiastic and eager to learn from the pros so I can maybe compete in the Winter Regionals.

Username: Espeo196
Pokemon Online username: Espeo196
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Pacific Standard Time, 11-9ish
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing Pokemon since the first generation, but never competitively aside from against friends. I do however follow some of the metagame and have battled a bit through the GBU. I also participated in the 2012 International Challenge which is my only real taste of competitive battling. Loved it though.

Username: shogungari
Pokemon Showdown username: shogungari
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; 8PM onward weekdays, any time weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself:

I have been playing Pokemon from the moment the game arrived on American shores. I grew up with Gen I and have been with the series ever since. However I could never break into the metagame because the pokemon I love either are considered too powerful for normal use (blaziken) or considered inferior in some way (snorlax, empoleon). It crushes me when I lose a battle because even when I try to play with pokemon I hate I still fail. I'm sick of failing. I want to able to play against other metagamers and not be immediately destroyed by something as stupid simple as calm minding latias.

Username: Megamence123
Pokemon Online username: Megamence123
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST; 9-12 AM most mornings
Tell us a little about yourself: I am going to be a high school junior so I won't have a lot of time, with school starting September 4. I can't wait to learn however!

Username: eZaz
Pokemon Online username: Zaz
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 6 PM - 2 AM Sat & Sun only
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a junior in college, I play Pokemon for an excuse to be with friends and I'd like to try for VGC 2013 so I can compete with them. I've stalked on smogon for a while but I finally decided to join the community! I appreciate this opportunity to learn!

Username: forthwright

Pokemon Online Username: Shplam

Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST, pretty much any time after 2PM and before 11PM

Tell us a little about yourself: I was in another tutoring round before and I loved it. Tezon was a great help to me for standard play! Now I really want to understand the VGC metagame, and doubles in general I suppose. I'd really love to one day get to be on the Worlds stage, but I know that'll take a lot of work. I'm ready and willing to work at learning the meta and I'm determined to win some events eventually!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Username: Shurtugal
Pokemon Online username: Dragon (I have many usernames thou :/)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Friday / Sat / Sun : odd hours, not available during the week cause school is very important
Division: (Masters: born 1997 or earlier or Seniors: born 1998 or later) I'm 1997, although I admit I don't plan on entering so much as learning this year.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing for a year, although I don't feel I imporved too much on my skills. I really wanted to try this tier out since I'm very bored of OU atm. I am literate, although not an english natzi. I love reading. I love offensive-based teams

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here are the tutor assignments!

speriend - Dimsun
spino55 - kingofkongs
Nightwalkr - TheMantyke
bluejay8295 - Cybertron
MCBarrett - Human
GenCross - R Inanimate
Thadenvy - TalkingLion
BeastLink - Solace
AllDayKK - Eraddd

This round ends September 6th!

Sorry to all who weren't paired. We tried to fit best with our tutors' available times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)