banner soon tm
ViAbilities is a Galar Dex mod surrounding the idea of making every ability useful and balanced in some form, focusing mainly on abilities that have too specific of a niche, competitively useless abilities, abilties that only take effect in Doubles, and abilities with major RNG aspects. Slates are done in two stages:
In Stage One, abilities are submitted to be changed, either with an FFA slate wherein any ability on the list (which will be posted after the base format issue is resolved) can be changed, or by regular slates where 5 abilities are chosen and submissions are limited to those five. In both cases, no more than 5 abilities can be submitted per user. Keep these rules and guidlines in mind when submitting abilities:
- Stay away from RNG mechanics. Abilities that increase a user's evasion, lower an opponent's accuracy, clone Serene Grace, or involve freezing, confusion, sleep, or infatuation will be vetoed. Existing abilties with these effects will be looked at in future slates.
- Abilities should make sense thematically. Healer causing a burn on switch-in, for example, would be vetoed as it makes little thematic sense for the ability and the Pokemon that would use the ability. In this scenario, you would want Healer to maintain its general purpose of supporting teammates through buffs, removal of status, restoring HP, etc.
- Abilities with identical or near-identical functions may be grouped together in one submission, such as Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow, and Swarm, or Power of Alchemy and Receiver, though this is not required.
In Stage Two, Pokemon whose abilties were changed in Stage One are given slight buffs in order to make better use of their new abilities. For each ability, three Pokemon will win the vote and get buffed.
- No more than 25 BST can be added to a Pokemon in a single submission, no more than 15 points can be added to or removed from any specific stat, and a maximum of 3 moves can be added.
- Pokemon RU and under may have up to 15 points removed from a stat to add to other stats, so long as there is still no more than a net addition of 25 BST. Those RUBL and above may not have any amount of points removed from one stat to contribute to another.
- If a Pokemon in an evolutionary line has an ability changed by the first part of a slate, but the final evolution does not, the ability is carried to the final evolution regardless of whether or not buffs were submitted, but buffs may still be submitted for it. (i.e. Combee gets Honey Gather but Vespiquen does not. If no buffs are submitted for Vespiquen after the first stage of a slate buffs Honey Gather, it will get Honey Gather and no buffs, but if a Vespiquen buff wins in the second stage of a slate, the buffs and Honey Gather will be added.)
- A Pokemon with multiple abilities eligible to be buffed may only be buffed twice. Regardless of how sensible someone's buffs might be, +75 BST and 9 hand-picked new moves on something like Weavile, Drapion, or Klinklang would be absolutely absurd.
- If a changed ability has less than 5 fully-evolved users, that ability may be put on another Pokemon.
- Abilties do not need to be removed from a Pokemon in order to add another.
- Voting in set slates (Stage 1): Each determined slate will have a certain amount of abilities to be modified, and for each of the abilities, voters will vote for their top 3 choices, with the #1 slot being worth 3 votes, #2 worth 2, and #3 worth 1. Self-votes cannot exceed 3 (One #1 placement, one #2 and #3, or 3 #3 placements).
- Voting in FFA slates (Stage 1): Any ability can be submitted, voters choose their top 5 choices, and order does not matter. One self-vote is permitted, but under the condition that all 5 potential votes are used.
- Voting in Stage 2: For each buffed ability, voters vote for their top 3 choices with the same method as in set slates. 3 Pokemon will win for each ability. In the event multiple submissions are for the same Pokemon, only the one with the highest number of votes will win. Self-votes cannot exceed 3.
- Voting with 5 or less submitted abilities (FFA Stage 1) / 1 submitted ability (Set Slate Stage 1) / 3 or less submitted Pokemon for an ability(Stage 2): Each submission can be given a "yes" or "no". If 50% or more of the votes on a submission are "yes"'s, the submission is added. No self-votes are permitted in this scenario, though one can abstain from voting on their submission.