Vivillon Collection

So thanks to Smealum's hacking shenanigans we now know there's two undiscovered forms of Vivillon http://i.imgur.com/6awfAlE.png

Now although they're probably event-based I am curious; is it at all possible they're tied to regions we don't know the Vivillon forms of yet?

E - And on that note would it be possible to go through every individual 3DS region setting to validate every location as of yet? As far as I'm aware it's all been word of mouth "I'm in x region, found x Vivillon" but theoretically if changing your 3DS region and starting a new game allows you to find different Vivillon it should surely be possible to manually check every available region? Or is that not actually possible with the way 3DS work? I've never really had a need to change region so I don't know if there's any sort of restriction, although given the talk of people changing their region to try and influence Vivillon forms, I assume it must be possible on some level? (Although obviously very inconvenient and impractical for anyone not starting a new game)
Do you know how those were discovered?

So thanks to Smealum's hacking shenanigans we now know there's two undiscovered forms of Vivillon http://i.imgur.com/6awfAlE.png

Now although they're probably event-based I am curious; is it at all possible they're tied to regions we don't know the Vivillon forms of yet?

E - And on that note would it be possible to go through every individual 3DS region setting to validate every location as of yet? As far as I'm aware it's all been word of mouth "I'm in x region, found x Vivillon" but theoretically if changing your 3DS region and starting a new game allows you to find different Vivillon it should surely be possible to manually check every available region? Or is that not actually possible with the way 3DS work? I've never really had a need to change region so I don't know if there's any sort of restriction, although given the talk of people changing their region to try and influence Vivillon forms, I assume it must be possible on some level? (Although obviously very inconvenient and impractical for anyone not starting a new game)
3DS are region locked, meaning that you'll need more than one 3DS from different regions to be able to check every possible location.

I've started collecting them, I'm Brazilian and got the Savannah pattern. A question: if I breed a Vivillon, will the baby be Savannah pattern or the same pattern as the mother?

I'm starting to think IV bred vivillon of the rarer pattern would be highly prized.
I mean, people just restart their games only for proceeding to santalune forest to get wild vivillons, and then reset the region and restart again.

I have extras of the High Plains, Continental, Elegant, Modern, Garden and Polar forms if anyone needs those (unlikely I think, since I'm betting those are the most common ones). I need all the others except for Monsoon.

I really hope that people can help me get the others though. Vivillon is probably my favorite Pokemon from this generation and I'd love to have a full collection so much!

I have extras of the High Plains, Continental, Elegant, Modern, Garden and Polar forms if anyone needs those (unlikely I think, since I'm betting those are the most common ones). I need all the others except for Monsoon.

I really hope that people can help me get the others though. Vivillon is probably my favorite Pokemon from this generation and I'd love to have a full collection so much!
I can trade you a savannah. Just need to see which ones I don't have, didn't memorize the names yet

I've been searching on the GTS for Vivillon patterns; here are a few things I've noticed:

-Elegant patterns are a dime a dozen, and they usually ask for other Vivillon.
-More often than not, the trade you hoped to make will have already been traded.
-Rare patterns almost always ask for Xerneas/Yveltal in exchange.

Also, I have currently collected High Plains (native), Elegant, Modern, Polar, and Continental. I can offer mons with Pokerus for other patterns. (Incidentally, I originally got Pokerus from the Polar Vivillon!)

I have a Savannah scatterbug and a savannah vivillon, if you want, just PM me, I can grab other scatterbugs

The paterns I have are Savanna (native), Modern, Tundra and Polar.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I've been searching on the GTS for Vivillon patterns; here are a few things I've noticed:

-Elegant patterns are a dime a dozen, and they usually ask for other Vivillon.
-More often than not, the trade you hoped to make will have already been traded.
-Rare patterns almost always ask for Xerneas/Yveltal in exchange.

Also, I have currently collected High Plains (native), Elegant, Modern, Polar, and Continental. I can offer mons with Pokerus for other patterns. (Incidentally, I originally got Pokerus from the Polar Vivillon!)
I stopped looking in the Vivillon section and started looking for Scatterbugs. I'm looking to complete my collection almost entirely off GTS (I've racked up 10k Pokemiles from casual trading). I've gotten several extras of Garden, Marine, Savannah, and Tundra that way. It helps that I keep a nocturnal schedule; late nighttime PST is primetime for eastern Asia and morning in Europe so I have higher chances of finding different patterns. My High Plains ones went almost immediately since they're relatively rare at these times, but I stopped because I don't have enough box space for all the damn purples.

The downside is that I lost a few rare Pokemon (replaceable fortunately) by taking chances. Some dickholes from Reunion, France and Okinawa didn't put their native forms up for trade, so when I evolved the Scatterbugs/Spewpas expecting a rare pattern, they were the standard Elegant form. That kind of crap infuriates me so much. I wish there was a way to see OT via the GTS before trade. Actually, I'm shocked that you can't view Pokemon summaries before trading, it would be really helpful for this :/

Oh, and a final trading spiel: I am looking for Icy Snow, Sandstorm, Monsoon, and Jungle. I have Garden, Marine, River, Savannah, and Tundra up for trade (and the lolcommon patterns but I would imagine most people don't need them).

Last edited:
I keep ahold of all the Scatterbug's I get through Wonder trading and evolve them, so I have a few Vivillon's to hand, but I'm not actively collecting them so somebody is welcome to ask for patterns if I have any. I have at least one of each of the following: Ocean, High Plains, Marine, Garden (native) and Continental.

I do wonder trades (all them glorious breeding rejects) once every couple of days and usually get between two and four Scatterbugs a session depending on how much I am trading away.

Last edited:

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have Archipalego, Continental, Elegant, Garden, High Plains, Icy Snow, Marine, Meadow, Modern, Ocean, Polar, Savanna, Sun and Tundra. I have plenty of Savannah. I need Jungle, Monsoon, River and Sandstorm. :D

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Not sure if I can boast about this... Last Saturday, I managed to get ahold of every single pattern solely through GTS, with Jungle being the hardest to find (I got lucky with things like Sandstorm -> Dratini and Ocean -> Noibat). Did not trade anything valuable so I really got the most of it. I live in PR so Archipielago Vivillon is available instantly.

Ultimately I plan to breed more and place them on the GTS, because these are basically the best things to offer for Dex completion, and you usually have to wait just a few seconds before the trade arrives (and this is also good for getting Scizor as it is an incredibly common Pokemon that people want; gotten a few shinies thanks to this). My question is... can you really breed the Vivillon with a Ditto and the pattern will be exactly like the Vivillon (and not the native one). If so, I'd be willing to supply the rarer ones for some tame offers [good breeding rejects; PokeDex fodder]. Thanks in advance!

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
My question is... can you really breed the Vivillon with a Ditto and the pattern will be exactly like the Vivillon (and not the native one). If so, I'd be willing to supply the rarer ones for some tame offers [good breeding rejects; PokeDex fodder]. Thanks in advance!
They will come out to be the pattern of wherever you are from.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
They will come out to be the pattern of wherever you are from.
Yeah thought so. No wonder these are extremely hard to come by >_>

Still... if anyone wants an Archipielago, feel free to drop me a VM / PM.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No thanks, I don't want to take on that challenge. Finding Jungle and Sandstorm via the GTS are going to make me mad as is (I see Monsoon a lot asking for ridiculous things but I'll hopefully get lucky sometime). I'll be in the market for a nice quint flawless Ocean pattern down the line though...

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
No thanks, I don't want to take on that challenge. Finding Jungle and Sandstorm via the GTS are going to make me mad as is (I see Monsoon a lot asking for ridiculous things but I'll hopefully get lucky sometime). I'll be in the market for a nice quint flawless Ocean pattern down the line though...
Lol I'm actually going to start working on that once I beat my Y.

I really want a Sandstorm Vivillon; not because it's hard to find, but because it can be the mascot of my Sand team when Pokebank comes out!

Edit: Meadow get! I found a Sand vivi asking for an Amaura, but someone beat me to it. :(

Edit 2: SANDSTORM GET! The guy was asking for a Magmortar, which I could get my hands on easily. This little guy is now the (eventual) official mascot of my Sandstorm team!

Edit 2.5: Gah I can't rename it; I guess it's stuck with its Korean name forever. Oh well, worth it. (Why is it that when an un-nicknamed foreign mon evolves its name changes to its name in your language, but I can't re-nickname it?)

Edit 2.999... Apparently it has perfect IVs in Speed and Sp. Def. I am definitely thankful for whoever put it up on the GTS.

Last edited:
Tschad gets River Pattern, I´m resetting the region whenever I restart the game and can give some other countries in Africa and Europe
which country or pattern could be useful to get?

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tschad gets River Pattern, I´m resetting the region whenever I restart the game and can give some other countries in Africa and Europe
which country or pattern could be useful to get?
Resetting doesn't work unfortunately, so yea. :( it's region locked meaning you can't actually do that unfortunately.

Also the shiny goal sounds cool but hard. Like very rarely are shinies of Vivillon put up on GTS tho, so y'all wanting to do it are very uh, motivated.

I lives in dah Middle East and we gots some:

Sand Storm Pattern.

I wonder how breeding mechanics work for patterns?

Edit: Should definitely try putting these on GTS for mons I want...

I lives in dah Middle East and we gots some:

Sand Storm Pattern.

I wonder how breeding mechanics work for patterns?

Edit: Should definitely try putting these on GTS for mons I want...
They don't work. If you breed a Vivillon, doesn't matter the pattern, it will be from your region.

btw, do you want to trade a sandstorm for a savanna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)