What are the biggest motivators of your life?

Ashaebi

formerly Mighty Rising Ace
Everyone has some degree of ambition or something to achieve in life before they die but a goal without motivation is really nothing but a delusion. So what are some things that really motivate people to keep pushing forward?

As for me my motivation is buffered by this quote by bruce lee - 'Do not fear failure, not failure but low aim is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail' meaning there is admiration and respect to be gained regardless of the outcome.

Ashaebi

My niece. Since I lack kids of my own and don't plan on having them for some 10 years, I want to make sure she has opportunities that my sister and I did not, so she's very influential in a lot of the decisions I make.
Awww, power from family! >/////<

Flare

Smooth Fur~
is a Smogon Media Contributor
One of the biggest motivations in my life is my mother. She has given me and my brother so much and has raised both of us on her own since the beginning and still today keeps supporting us, even with all the problems she has and still carries on with. I probably won't be able to repay her everything, but as long as she's alive and conscious I'll keep progressing in life so that she can be sure her efforts were not in vane.

NixHex

My dad's not a phone!
is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
I was gonna post this even before I saw the previous post so I don't mean to dump on it. Silencing my guilt-tripping helicopter parents has been pretty motivating. Not many active members are in the point of their lives to where they can understand what I'm saying - but if you are in university right now and your parents are bragging to their friends about how smart you are, they will turn their backs on you when you don't have that well-paying job 2 months after graduating (in 2009 no less). Ignoring them is stupid because I love them too much, so actively shutting them up by doing my own thing was liberating.

Ashaebi

One of the biggest motivations in my life is my mother. She has given me and my brother so much and has raised both of us on her own since the beginning and still today keeps supporting us, even with all the problems she has and still carries on with. I probably won't be able to repay her everything, but as long as she's alive and conscious I'll keep progressing in life so that she can be sure her efforts were not in vane.
ain't parental love powerful! >/////<

usually ill run to the hills and back for ten pound just so i can score a bag of weed. so you can say weed/money are my biggest influences to get myself motivated to do something.

my loved ones

energy drinks, pills and cigarettes

My baby brother. If anything gives me a reason to keep living it would be him. I am 10 years older than he is and so sometimes I consider him as my own child. Also my boyfriend and my pets.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
There's this carrot that's always right in front my face but it's just beyond my reach. One day I swear to god I'll get it but it's always just as fast as I am

Ashaebi

There's this carrot that's always right in front my face but it's just beyond my reach. One day I swear to god I'll get it but it's always just as fast as I am
Kinda like rainbows, there's always a pot of gold under it but you can never seen to catch up. Feelsbadman.

My father and my best friend Matheus, they were the main people who supported me in whatever situation I went through, especially when I assumed my homosexuality for everyone, while my mother was against my guidance, my father was always defending me. They are special to me! :heart:

#Socialization

Ashaebi

My father and my best friend Matheus, they were the main people who supported me in whatever situation I went through, especially when I assumed my homosexuality for everyone, while my mother was against my guidance, my father was always defending me. They are special to me! :heart:

#Socialization
Truly I must say if you want to feel rich just count the number of things money can’t buy!

And family can NEVER be brought with money :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)