What is your current job?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Whoa Dan, that's a pretty sweet deal.

I'm a computer engineer, but only a grad student for now.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I work at a Rollerskating rink. All you have to do is ask people "Which size?" and grab their shoes. Best stoner job around (although I don't smoke before work =P).

I work in a bookies (betting shop) as a cashier. I like it a lot mostly.
My contract is for 18 hours a week but I often end up working closer to 30; unfortunately I'm signed off sick at the moment.

this seems as good a third post as any... ya, I'm a cashier too, lol. at a supermarket. people are funny/adorable/despicable/interesting/idiots...yep. i work like 20 hrs a week, thinking about cutting down though... the job is too...mechanical...for me, i guess. I don't get to mess with the customers enough

Agreed. I remember once I got to get out from behind the register and return a few items to the shelves, and it was like the world returned to color. It's incredibly mind-numbing, even without having to talk to idiots all day. Very few people bother to have an engaging conversation with their cashier, so the most I usually get to say for hours at a time is "thank you have a nice day"

Looking desperately for another job. :| ANY other job. Even preparing greasy sleaze food is more stimulating than scanning bar codes

Medical intern, and loving it. It can be total hell though, when you're working working insanely long shifts and getting to see some really, really nasty/crazy/despicable patients, but it's part of the job.

I used to be a judo instructor before I started as an intern, but my schedules fudged it up mostly but I also lack the energy to do it at the side. I really miss that job and I might do it next to being a doctor if I don't end up working at a hospital (like general practitioner, sports doctor).

Hip hop teacher for the lil kids xD
I teach 7 year olds hip hop, and we're currently working on their end of the year routine.
It's so much fun :D ... When they listen o.O

I am a computer tech it can be frustrating at times but at least you get the best you will not believe the computer problem this id10t had stories.

Substitute Teacher, $100 dollars a day. I choose when I work. Plus health benefits. I'm also a Student. Also, working on opening my own Gaming/Pokemon Store

Used to be a waitress at a deli not too far from my house. I worked Mon-Fri from 4pm to 7pm. I only made around £13 a day and eventually got fired and replaced with the owner's son since he needed a job. But that was almost two years ago. I haven't had a real job since.

Cashier.

It sucks, but after almost three years it is second nature and I can deal with the pretentious people who look down on people who work at grocery stores.

I am trying to find another job so that I can move out next year. Currently my mother sleeps on the couch so that I can have my personal space, and plus I want privacy and freedom.

akuchi have you read "the trick is to keep breathing"

I have not; a quick Google informs me it will be either one of those awesome life-affirming books (like Siddhartha - IF ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS POST HAS NOT READ THIS BOOK THEY MUST READ IT. QUICKLY) or one of those terrible, pissant faux-optimism books that makes me want to puke my spleen out through my arsehole.

So yes, um, back to work next week! Which is yunno, ironic as I now have a cold.

P.S. I worked as a cashier in a supermarket once. NEVER AGAIN. In the end they had a letter from my psych saying I needed to be moved off the tills, so they put me on shelf-stacking alcohol. They weren't very stringent, I just used to walk out with a bottle or two of wine and go and get stoned at my friends house, stumbling back around the end of my shift to clock off.
This was a major UK supermarket, too.. aah. Good times.

I'm unemployed. I don't have a definite summer job lined up yet either.
I worked as a lifeguard at a water slide last summer, but I hated it mostly because my supervisor was a jerk. I don't think I will be going back there even though they will probably call me. And now I'm reluctant to renew my CPR certification. I've also worked as a dishwasher at a summer restaurant, but the pay was bad and it was too far from my home to justify the gas expenditure.

Reverb

World's nicest narcissist
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I currently am a ski instructor. The program I instruct is a seasonal program in freestyle skiing. The kids can already ski trail, so we just work on perfected their skills in the moguls, on jumps, and on rails.

Unemployed. I'm a first-year university student, though. I'm an English major. Blah, blah. I plan to get a job in virology one day, though, so I'll end up transferring eventually. I'm currently in limbo at the moment, in that I dropped out of high school at 15 to go to university knowing I'd have to do English. Still, very preferable to the shitholes that made me severely depressed!

shoes sales associate at Kohl's. pretty much all i have to do is clean up after people when they try on shoes. during the summer when i'm not in school i work as a lifeguard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)