Whats a Hack and What Isn't

What about checking egg IVs does anyone feel strongly on that?

EDIT: Since you can't release eggs you eventually do have to hatch them all although I suppose you could delete them Via Pokesav.

Not if you have a card reader since you can just copy to your PC and check them without saving onto the gamecard.

then you wouldn't even need the code in the first place so it's not a hack whatsoever. BTW I thought you meant the check ivs code for the AR sorry for the misunderstanding

@Yoko, Gabriel:

Some people like Mario, PoD breed through their R4s(roms) so they can check their eggs ivs even before they hatch by uploading their save file to their computer and running it with pokesav. If this still isn't clear enough just say the part you don't understand and I'll try my best to explain it more clearly

I don't know how, but I accept the fact you can check IVs before the egg hatches. Okay. But you can't release eggs. So you'll still have to hatch it, otherwise, your box will become full of unhatched eggs, and one day, you'll have hundreds of them stored. So why would you check IVs before it hatches, if you'll have to hatch it anyway.

Basicly you upload the gamesave onto the computer then check the IVs each egg has and then hatch to good ones (I still haven't worked out what to do with the other eggs.)

As a kind of disclaimer, I don't usually do this but I'm aiming for quint/sextuple flawless so I'm giving it a trial run.

I don't know how, but I accept the fact you can check IVs before the egg hatches. Okay. But you can't release eggs. So you'll still have to hatch it, otherwise, your box will become full of unhatched eggs, and one day, you'll have hundreds of them stored. So why would you check IVs before it hatches, if you'll have to hatch it anyway.

Fodder I suppose and you can always just delete them via Pokesav. As I said, I haven't quite worked it out.

You can delete pokes you don't like through pokesav without hatching them or back-up your save file before you start breeding then after you get the desired baby you trade it to your retail cart then upload your previous save file and start again with a different breeding project.

Basicly you upload the gamesave onto the computer then check the IVs each egg has and then hatch to good ones (I still haven't worked out what to do with the other eggs.)

As a kind of disclaimer, I don't usually do this but I'm aiming for quint/sextuple flawless so I'm giving it a trial run.

Fodder I suppose and you can always just delete them via Pokesav. As I said, I haven't quite worked it out.

sextuple WTF?

You'll just keep them until your boxes are full. So you'll have to hatch them. So if you tried to check IVs to hatch only good eggs, now you have hundreds of bad IVed eggs all around your PC and you have to hatch ALL of them at once if you wanna use your PC again. What's the point of checking IVs?

Edit: Sorry, didn't saw your post =x

So, if that's how it works, I think it's just like the quick hatch trick. You don't hack any pogeys on the process, so I think it's okay. It just makes breeding easier.

You'll just keep them until your boxes are full. So you'll have to hatch them. So if you tried to check IVs to hatch only good eggs, now you have hundreds of bad IVed eggs all around your PC and you have to hatch ALL of them at once if you wanna use your PC again. What's the point of checking IVs?

Edit: Sorry, didn't saw your post =x

So, if that's how it works, I think it's just like the quick hatch trick. You don't hack any pogeys on the process, so I think it's okay. It just makes breeding easier.

actually it's not like the quick hatch because it doesn't touch the pokemon in whatever way(some people say quick hatch doesn't do anything to the poke but still the poke is still exposed to a third party program whatever)

Yeah, quick hatch may seem alright to some people. I personally wouldn't take a quick hatched Pokemon.

EDIT: @ gabriel, I don't think so.

or back-up your save file before you start breeding then after you get the desired baby you trade it to your retail cart then upload your previous save file and start again with a different breeding project.

Nice idea.

Might try it when I start breeding on Diamond. In any case, do you guys think it's generally accepted OK to check IVs before hatching because I can fill a box in about 20-25 mins and then 6 minutes downloading/checking.

Back