Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The above team seems extremely weak to bisharp. Fast bulky scizor can't handle it and the rest of the team drops to a +2 attack. Another issue I have with this team is its lack of fire resists. Yes I know that rotom-w and latios are there but one has no recovery and the other is walled (outside of an unusual earthquake). Given these things I think its appropriate that we add another mon to check heatran. Another issue I have with this team is that you seem to lack a way to put on offensive pressure. As far as mons go, av torn, scizor rotom, latios and landorus are all mons that are relatively easy to check. Keldeo on the other hand provides some nice power that you otherwise lack. Its primary checks in this metagame: Lati@s, Celebi, Venusaur, Tornadus, Slowbro etc are easily worn down by repeated switching into very powerful scalds with the risk of burn. Additionally, with the right coverage move, we can beat all of these mons. I would highly recommend the use of icy wind in this setting but hp bug or flying could also work as well. Finally, you lack a decent way to pressure Mega Sableye: Latios/Tornadus/Scizor/Rotom/Landorus-t all lose to it one v one (sableye recovers on draco from latios and then knocks off, wow's torn and avoids 2kos, wow's scizor and foulplays as you set up, wow/knock off rotom, wow/foul play lando. With keldeo coupled with tornadus, you can put on pressure on bulky/stall teams and break them. Anyway that's my two cents. Hopefully littlelucario won't have a TIA (ministroke) :]

Your last here should be: specs keldeo

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind/Hidden Power Bug/Hidden Power Flying

Last edited:
SpDef Heatran:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

This Team lacks a good Way to deal with Sableye and Stall in General. Heatran also helps with electrics, especially with Manectric and Magnezone. Heatran + another fire Weak Steel
Type usually also makes for a good defensive Core Typingwise. This Team also has multiple ways to deal woth ground types that threaten Heatran, so heatran fits really nicely, and helps Lando dealing with Zard X.

Last edited:
Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 216 HP / 248 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Talonflame offers a secondary check to Zard-Y and Mega Gardevoir while also helping to deal with Bisharp who is a dangerous threat to the team. It is also able to defeat Mega Sableye and burn Quagsire, which is a big obstacle to the team to get past. Just click "X" if you happen to play against Electrics.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great to see the participation! Also, Iloveleague you need to add more description to that post, I'm not putting a one-liner in the voting again. I already left you off with a warning. Keep in mind that voting starts on Thursday

EDit: ty for updating the description league

Last edited:

Googly

Arcadia
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Hidden Power Ice

I noticed this team didn't have a whole lot for stall, so I picked Hoopa-U because of its ability to run through fat builds all on its own. This team also has a nice VoltTurn thing going on, which Hoopa loves as this can get him on the field safely and score a free kill. HP Ice was chosen as the last move to deal with things like Tank Chomp and open up a potential sweep with Mega Scizor.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

As said above, this team is weak to bisharp and has a hard time with stall. I picked SD Gliscor as this offers a bit of both worlds so to speak having enough speed to effectively check adamant bisharp and with Toxic Orb and Poison Heal, has a very nice time against stall. I picked the Swords Dance set over the taunt toxic set as it fits this team more, with the taunt toxic set being much too passive.

Last edited:
My vote is for: Keldeo
There is apparent weakness to Bisharp after an SD and Keldeo would be able to check it better than the other mons that don't even resist. The team has trouble vs. Weavile outside of Scizor prompting me to go with Keldeo.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Votes:

Infernal, Clefable: 1
Iloveleague, Keldeo: 4
Cassa97, Heatran: 0
Random Passerby, Talonflame: 2
Googly, Hoopa-Unbound: 0
Darkreaper215, Gliscor: 1

Iloveleague has entered the hall of fame for the second consecutive week, and the next round will be posted soon.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
This is one of my own builds :]

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
This is a pretty cool zardx team that I've built and it is pretty standard HO. Lati was added as hazard removal and a breaker to beat shit like rotom, hippo, and lando. Lando was added as a bulky pivot as well as my rocker and the bulky ground type that every team likes. Rotom was added as a way of mitigating the team's mild bisharp weakness and its matchup vs rain as well as forming a volturn core with lando and blanket checking a ton of shit that the rest of the team has a hard time with and a status spreader with wisps. Klefki was added as a method of speed control since the team was kinda slow and it checked some threats to the team like Mega Diancie, Megazam, and frens while also setting up spikes. Obviously spikes+rocks isn't optimal, but it just happened to be how this team turned out. Remember that if you don't like a moveset or two on the team, feel free to suggest changes, just don't be harsh.

But... What's His Last?

Last edited:
I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm not a huge fan of the way this team is built. When you have a team, where your only way to kill ferrothorn, clefable or scizor is with mega charizard-x, you want to keep hazards off as much as possible. Given that using latios at the same time as klefki greatly diminishes the use of spikes by forcing defog semi often.

All of this being said, I think the only mon that can fix the holes in this team is keldeo. Looking at the teams weaknesses, the first thing that comes to mind is that it is slow and while this is somewhat mitigated by klefki's thunder wave, there will still be some difficulty in outpacing some of the faster mons in ou. As a result, this team hangs heavily on charizard setting up, something that is not always realistic. A few key weaknesses pop-up. The first is bisharp. On a team that needs so desperately to defog, bisharp can cause a huge problem. Esp with no resists and intimidate to boost its attack. If played right, bisharp can single handedly destroy this team. Another significant threat to this team is Thundurus. Thundurus uses klefki for set-up fodder, destroys latios after rocks if it has taken even a small amount of damage and again beats this whole team. A +2 focus blast will drop charizard. You need something faster than it to take it down. And while scarf keldeo may get thunder-waved, the importance of a mon to revenge kill thundurus cannot be overstated. As mentioned earlier, scizor can also give this team the work if hazards are up. A second mon to be able to stop a potential scizor sweep with the best move in the game (scald) would be nice. Finally, this team is somewhat weak to manectric. Now at first glance this may not be obvious but with a little prior damage, latios is 2kod and charizard is not a great switch-in with rocks up. Keldeo makes a nice little revenge killer to patch up that weakness.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

On a bit of a side note, some people below are acting like serperior is a threat to this team. We have a klefki and a charizard. No set of serperior can beat both (ie sub seed leaf storm, hp fire or 4 attacks). Azumarill is also not much of a threat with rotom-w around which can sponge the hits, burn it or pain split to recover health. In general, teams like this don't need an azumarill counter but rather a mon to easily revenge kill it.

Last edited:

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

I'd just like to say that I think this team is really well-made and covers quite a bit of the meta in five slots. I thought talonflame would be a nice fit to revenge kill some important threats to your team, like Keldeo and, more importantly, serperior. This set generally works to as a secondary wincon alongside Zard X. In fact, they share some common checks (TTar, tran) that they can pressure together. This set is honestly quite moldable and could be made to be more offensive or defensive depending on what you feel is best.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

I feel like Breloom is a good choice as the sixth member for a few reasons. For starters, Breloom gives the team an added win condition capable of pressuring many Pokemon Zard-X likes to see weakened or dead before trying to sweep. Examples include Lando-T, Gliscor, Hippo, and Slowbro. Slowbro in particular is noteworthy because after a CM or two, this team may find itself struggling to take it down. The extra offensive pressure from Breloom is thus appreciated, especially because aside from a Pursuit-vulnerable Latios, the team lacks ways to really pressure Zard-X's usual answers.

Breloom also gives the team more insurance against numerous threats. These include Bisharp, EQ Mega Gyara, Kyurem-B, Azu, and so on. Given the pressure Klefki has to paralyze these threats and handle many others, this support from Breloom is useful to relieve some of its stress. The extra priority from Mach Punch is always nice for these builds to have for these reasons, especially because this team is a tad on the slow side.

In general, the mushroom just synergizes well here. Offensively, it's a solid partner alongside Zard-X for reasons mentioned earlier and completes the team's FWG core. Spore is always a useful move and can possibly give Zard-X chances to DD for free. Breloom benefits from Klefki's hazards and has its issues with threats like Mega Venu, Amoonguss, and Talon covered by others teammates. Rotom-W and Lando-T can also bring Breloom in for free, adding to the team's ability to apply offensive pressure more easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)