Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernal

Banned deucer.
Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Like other people mentioned, the final member is probably a steel. There are only a limited number to choose from, so here is one of the few ones left! The lack of a fairy resistance here makes Pokemon like Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir dangerous to face. Once they are in, they place a ton of pressure on the team and force a sac. Clefable is also annoying to deal with, as nothing really likes being paralyzed or taking a Moonblast. AV Metagross helps with these problems by checking the mentioned threats rather well. The lack of a steel also makes Pokemon like Latios hard to switch into, and this is another area where Metagross helps. Because of how much pressure Latios can place on this team just by clicking DM, having something to trap and eliminate it from the match goes a long way. This applies to threats like Mega Alakazam too, who can be slightly annoying for this team to face. Overall, Metagross provides a much needed cushion against the attacks this team has a hard time stomaching. This gives the team some welcomed breathing room against the threats mentioned earlier and prevents its user from having to sac something each time those Pokemon come in. Downsides of using Metagross include increasing the team's weakness to things like Hoopa-U, Volcarona, and Mega Scizor.

Last edited:
aight so it seems littlelucario has died and since im a cohost i have to do something about it lol.
ok you got these choices

Choices
Scarf Jirachi
Scarf Heatran
Offensive Talonflame
Scarf Magneton
Skarmory
AV Metagross

Voting will last until Sunday or something and you can only vote for one.
Happy April Fools btw (this post isnt an april fools one)

Reactions: TPP

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Voting Phase has Ended! (sorry for dying)

Scarf Magneton, BigEZ_6565: 1 vote
Skarmory, Skarmx2: 2 votes
AV Metagross, Infernal: 4 Votes

next team is gonna be posted in like 10 mins prolly

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shouts out to aimless for the team
Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
pretty standard balance squad revolving around pivoting into gardevoir to get off huge hits, and using hazards to wear down the opponent's squad. these 5 mons synergize very well together - spdef skarm + physdef gliscor forms a solid defensive core that together is able to check shit long enough to give mega gardy enough opportunities to just tear through the opp's squad, not to mention they also form a hazard core that takes advantage of scarftar's pursuit for common hazard removers. gardevoirs main switchins consist of steels, many of which gliscor can either prevent hazards from shit like tran/skarm/ferro and set up rocks of its own. against those standard ladder balance squads with like lando-t/rotom/ferro/lati etc, i love to lead gardy and force rotom out, then double to glis t1 and prevent rocks, then set my own. rest talk keldeo allows me to gain the upper hand in those longer exchanges against bulkier squads, where people often use tran as their main skarm switchin, and gives a lasting check to weavile, bisharp, scizor etc. giving keld the opportunity to stay healthy gives me more chances to burn shit, and use my main defensive core of spdef skarm + physdef gliscor with the combination of hazards to give me the advantage in the long run. as for the last mon, there are a few mons i am weak to such as rotom, lop, azu, torn plus i lack a good wincon. however it needs to maintain the excellent and intricate synergy that the squad currently possesses.

But...What's His Last

Keep in mind you can pm me your teams if you want them featured.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore

Notable weaknesses to this team include Keld, Azu, and Rotom-W. They pressure the team quite heavily, and having something to switch in on them would be greatly appreciated to give this team more breathing room. Although it's not a perfect answer, Amoonguss does a nice job checking the previously mentioned Pokemon. As stated in the team's description, Mega Lop is also pesky to deal with. Amoonguss can decently stomach Return (39.6 - 46.8%) with this spread and threaten a sleep or paralysis, making it an okay check. Speaking of paralysis, Stun Spore has the potential to lure unsuspecting Torn-T. This is very noteworthy because Torn-T is super threatening to this team, being faster than everything and doing a good deal of damage to each member with its usual coverage. As such, crippling Torn-T with a Stun Spore goes a long way in helping the team deal with this issue.

Other threats Amoonguss is able to help this team deal with include things like Loom and Serp, who can both be annoying to take hits from currently. Relieving some pressure from Skarm by checking the likes of Clef and Mega Diancie is also appreciated. Additionally, it gives this team a way to pivot more reliably against electric types like Mega Manec and Thund-I without having to risk losing Gliscor or Tar to a predicted HP Ice or Focus Blast, respectively. Having Amoonguss to fall back on as an initial Volt Switch switch in is great to avoid having Tar being worn down too quickly by them.

Overall, Amoonguss ties up some loose ends by providing a nice pivot and answer to some notable threats this team struggles with. It has a good deal of synergy with the team and has its issue with Pokemon like Talon and Latios covered by Tar and other team members. Lastly, it's worth mentioning how Amoonguss can be customized to the needs of the team. For example, more defense or special defense is possible depending on whether you'd like to handle things like Mega Lop or Keld more reliably. Coverage options like HP Fire over Stun Spore can also be used should you value giving Pokemon like Ferro less chances to lay down hazards over possibly crippling Torn-T.

Last edited:

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Thunder Wave

Basically, support Celebi that can go around paralyzing things for this slowish team and can grab momentum with Baton Pass. I kinda feel that a fat grass is almost mandatory in the last slot as a way to stop Keldeo, Rotom-W and other waters. This celebi also makes sure that his team will never be hindered by status. As it will have not one but two status absorbers, it's gonna be hard for stall to just click toxic and will-o-wisp and win. Celebi can also switch into scald, which this team seems to lack, currently.

Last edited:

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

So Tangrowth is able to tank hits from Lopunny, Rotom-W, Azumarill due to it's outstanding bulk. It is clear that we all agree about how this last mon is a grass type. They all posess the ability to switch into water types. Tangrowth in general has the best bulk of the three grass types chosen. It also has a movepool that makes it non-passive. Switch into attacks and cripple with Sleep Powder.

To be honest I did an awful job of explaining. This team has a trouble vs. Tornadus-T still :(

Yo sup fam hope you good, we got some voting to do.

Choices:
Amoonguss - Infernal
Celebi - thatwackycruton
Tangrowth - ethanlol

Have until Wednesday and only one vote per person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)