Project What's His Last? V4 (Round 24 Voting Phase: Semi-Stall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shouts out to Forrester for the squad and sry about this being so late ;-;
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
Charizard X is a pokemon that I’ve always enjoyed using, so I decided that I wanted to build around a core of Zard X+LO Mamoswine. At this point, I decided that I needed something that could really put a lot of pressure on bulky waters and handle the likes of things such as Manaphy, Slowbro, Suicune, Azumarill, etc. and I felt that Serperior would be a great choice in that regard in terms of pressuring those pokemon on a consistent basis. I also decided that Latias would be a great addition to the team, providing for a decent venusaur check, as well as valuable healing wish support and hazard control to maximize Charizard X’s potential. About halfway through the teambuilding process I realized how Bisharp weak this team was and decided that Cobalion was a good choice to put some pressure on opposing Bisharps and allow me to defog freely with Latias, and overall provide some great utility with thunderwave and stealth rock.

But...What's his last?

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

atm this team is 5-0ed by excadrill under sand and talonflame. Rotom helps deal with the threats by smacking them with Hydro Pumps. Will-o-wisp allows Rotom to cripple stuff like Azu. Additional speed or spdef could be run to avoid relying on Latias to take on Volcanion.​

Last edited:
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

solid offensive core with char-x+mamo, secondary dragon dancer, sets up on Tyranitar that is choice locked into Pursuit and stuff. LO makes it hard to switch into. Secondary sand check, also helps with birds.

Last edited:
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower

Slowbro isn't going to be an ideal member for the team but it does a decent job of checking Mega Lop and Talonflame while also being able to handle unboosted attacks from Azumarill, Lando-T and Excadrill (this thing 6-0s if you let it grab a SD so just attack it lol. OK, Rotom-W counters it but it doesn't like Mega Lop and somebody has reserved it already). Flamethrower allows you to lure Bisharp, Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn which are annoying to face. Thunder Wave gives fast threats like Torn-T the finger so that your team's average Speed is less of an issue. Now, you can click "X" if you meet Low Kick Weavile, Taunt Torn-T or Excadrill (just use Rotom-W already lol)

My awesome contribution to this project is band azumarill. his awesome defensive typing lets him soak up a variety of hits from threatening rock and ground types, and his priority helps finish off weakened things. I chose CB because this team already has setup, and band hits hard while still being tanky
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast

Clefable I call it the "little good" because it goes with everything, as we can see here Cobalion does not hold up well the devastating blows of dragons as Latios, or powerful Pokemon psycho as MZam, Mega Cham, Clefable helps to better deal with these threats, I entered Flamethrower because the team is already twave of Cobalion, but you may very well also be used on Clef if you want to have more control of threats such as mega Lop, Tornadus-Therian.

It's obviously Rotom-W but I guess I'll post anyways.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off / Explosion
- U-turn

This team struggles with
Sand Offense, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir and struggles to revenge fast mons in general. Scarf Landorus tries to offer a way to check all of those things offering a fast revenge killer to hit things that are threats like Tornadus-Therian, Mega Alakazam. This also offers a check to Sand, talonflame, and mega pinsir all in one spot.

The winner of this round is Rotom-W by matthewc20090. Congrats, you'll be added to the Hall of Fame soon. (tagging littlelucario, Team Pokepals or bludz to edit the OP pls)

Also thanks to Team Pokepals for submitting the team for this week on such a late notice.

?
[16:35:45] +Team Pokepals:I built it around Mega Houndoom + Amoonguss because Amoonguss can help handle Keldeo and Breloom (Mach Punch) and Azumarill (sorta) for Mega Houndoom, and put something to sleep to give it a possible chance to setup
[16:38:25] +Team Pokepals: Lando was added to help with Mega Lop and Excadrill (since Amoonguss can't really handle it that well), and it also gave me a Stealth Rock user.
[16:39:21] +Team Pokepals: I wanted something to handle fairies and give me something fast for Mega Zam, so Scarf Jirachi fit the bill.
[16:40:26] +Team Pokepals: Houndoom needs hazard removal, so I went with Latios, as it can do that, act an an additional switch into Keldeo
[16:40:52] +Team Pokepals: and also helps check electric a bit
[16:42:04] +Skarmx2: So what's his last famburger?

Houndoom-Mega (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stun Spore

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 184 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Earthquake

If you have any thoughts/suggestions on how to improve the team, feel free to leave them down below as well, happy posting!

Keldeo @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

weavile check

e:

Keldeo is a great partner for this team since it's a weavile check which this team would very much appreciate. It also serves as a nice method to absorb annoying status and break down things like Chansey. Finally, it has pretty exceptional synergy overall with Mega Houndoom and Amoonguss as it complete's a F / W / G core and D / F / P core.

since you can't be bothered to find your own mon then i won't hesitate to take your entire description thanks-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)