Whimsicott

Weavile can also attack first and take him out with Ice Shard. He's usually my go-to guy for putting an early end to Erufuun. You have to get the timing just right to keep him from crippling you with status, though. A slow Weavile is a useless Weavile.

Weavile can also attack first and take him out with Ice Shard. He's usually my go-to guy for putting an early end to Erufuun. You have to get the timing just right to keep him from crippling you with status, though. A slow Weavile is a useless Weavile.

Um, no. Ice shard does squat to fuun and it will be stun spored and then u-turned on (which almost 2hkos). You're forgetting that erufuun doesn't typically invest in speed and maxes defenses instead. Mine is impish 252/252.

Espeon is the erufuun counter. All it can do is u-turn, which doesn't do much of anything after a reflect.

Um, no. Ice shard does squat to fuun and it will be stun spored and then u-turned on (which almost 2hkos). You're forgetting that erufuun doesn't typically invest in speed and maxes defenses instead. Mine is impish 252/252.

Espeon is the erufuun counter. All it can do is u-turn, which doesn't do much of anything after a reflect.

Ice Shard doesn't kill Max Defense Erufuun? Damn.

I find Erufuun to be a fantastic Dory check, Since I can encore his Swords Dances, Cotton Guard if he decides to attack, and SubSeed him out, all while resisting Earquake. He's seems pretty effective.

Just to reinforce this:
Choice Band Adamant 252Atk Weavile Ice Shard v 252/252 Impish Erufuun: 57.41-67.28%

I've asked before, but I really want to see logs of this thing actually hurting an opposing team. I don't believe that this pokemon can be anything more than a minor nuisance after playing for a couple of weeks. However, I am also desperate to be proven wrong here.

What's the best set for this thing? You can only pick four out of Encore, Taunt, Substitute, Leech Seed, U-Turn, and Stun Spore!

i use encore/taunt/u-turn/stun spore for the priority paralysis as a sort of emergency button and it can also deter things like dd mence from setting up with priority encore. it's a good pivot and uturn spam with scizor helps beat or soften up a good few threats and beats other erufuun. stun spore also means it doesn't need to have more than 25% health to be useful and it can at least be a good sacrifice, although the 75% accuracy has screwed me alot :/

why on earth would anyone use U-turn? It will do no damage and this thing isn't exactly the speediest without it's ability working for it. I'd prefer encore/sub/stun spore/leech seed to be honest.

you use u turn to keep up momentum even if they send out their own erufuun or espeon or whatever. plus i just dont like having a pokemon that has no attacking moves

why on earth would anyone use U-turn?
100% counter Espeon kills your mojo and it's on every friggin' team. If I were running a pursuiter I might consider changing it, but i'm currently not.

I've asked before, but I really want to see logs of this thing actually hurting an opposing team. I don't believe that this pokemon can be anything more than a minor nuisance after playing for a couple of weeks. However, I am also desperate to be proven wrong here.
It's hard to believe that you've been playing for weeks if you consider this a minor nuisance. Logs wouldn't show much unless you read between the lines. It does a bunch of little things perfectly; taunting a blissey, stun sporing a dory, encoring a chomp then paralyzing it, etc etc. It saves your bacon like a guardian angel while crippling the other team with paralysis so one of your guys can set up and finish.

It could be just that your team is set up perfectly against it. I hear everyone complain about how broken Dory is, and dory has never done a single thing to my team, ever.

It does have a huge problem though, and that is Stun Spore's accuracy. I swear that it has like 50% accuracy on PO. Massive downside, so much that i'm actually considering replacing my favorite new pokemon.

Who said everyone runs your set? There are all kinds of different Erufuun spreads running around. Most of the Erufuun I've seen get KO'd at around 60-70%. That's good enough for me. I'm not going out of my way to counter Erufuun; a good check is fine. If you switch in on Leech Seed, Protect, or Taunt, you're in the clear. Hence "time it just right so that you aren't crippled by status."

116 speed? fuuuuck man, makes me feel like the ability is wasted! Well, does it do a shit ton to espy or what?

With U-Turn? Not really. My Espeon always uses Reflect after switching in, and what Erufuun invests in Attack EVs? If you happened to use Stun Spore on yourself, you might not even attack at all.

I've asked before, but I really want to see logs of this thing actually hurting an opposing team.
I've been saving logs recently, so here you go. I am Chevalier. It ends when my opponent forfeits.

Code:
Battle between Ardorin and Chevalier started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +30, -1
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

M-K is watching the battle.
Chevalier sent out Erufuun!
Ardorin sent out Salamence!
The foe's Salamence intimidates Erufuun!
Erufuun's Attack fell!

Start of turn 1
Erufuun used Stun Spore!
The foe's Salamence is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Salamence is paralyzed! It can't move!

Start of turn 2
Chevalier called Erufuun back!
Chevalier sent out Vaporeon!

The foe's Salamence used Flamethrower!
It's not very effective...
Vaporeon lost 64 HP! (14% of its health)

Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
Ardorin called Salamence back!
Ardorin sent out Deoxys-D!

The foe's Deoxys-D is exerting its Pressure!
Vaporeon used Wish!

Start of turn 4
Chevalier called Vaporeon back!
Chevalier sent out Espeon!

The foe's Deoxys-D used Stealth Rock!
The foe's Deoxys-D's Stealth Rock was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
Pointed stones float in the air around Ardorin's team!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

Start of turn 5
Espeon used Reflect!
Reflect raised Chevalier's team defense!

The foe's Deoxys-D used Taunt!
The foe's Deoxys-D's Taunt was bounced back by Magic Mirror!
The foe's Deoxys-D fell for the taunt!

Start of turn 6
Chevalier called Espeon back!
Chevalier sent out Skarmory!

Ardorin called Deoxys-D back!
Ardorin sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Scizor!

Start of turn 7
Skarmory used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Ardorin's team!

The foe's Scizor used U-turn!
Skarmory lost 16 HP! (4% of its health)
Ardorin called Scizor back!
Ardorin sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 8
Chevalier called Skarmory back!

The foe's Latios used Thunderbolt!
Erufuun lost 79 HP! (24% of its health)

Erufuun restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9
Ardorin called Latios back!
Ardorin sent out Scizor!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by spikes!

Erufuun used Stun Spore!
The foe's Scizor is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

Chevalier's reflect wore off!

Start of turn 10
Chevalier called Erufuun back!
Chevalier sent out Skarmory!

The foe's Scizor used U-turn!
Skarmory lost 31 HP! (9% of its health)
Ardorin sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Latios!

Skarmory restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Latios used Draco Meteor!
A critical hit!
Skarmory lost 323 HP! (96% of its health)
The foe's Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
Skarmory fainted!

Chevalier sent out Weavile!

Weavile is exerting its Pressure!

Start of turn 12
The foe's Latios is being sent back!
Weavile used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
The foe's Latios lost 55% of its health!
The foe's Latios fainted!

Ardorin called Latios back!
Ardorin sent out Lucario!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Lucario!
The foe's Lucario is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 13
Weavile used Low Kick!
It's super effective!
The foe's Lucario lost 84% of its health!
The foe's Lucario fainted!

Ardorin sent out Scizor!
The foe's Scizor is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 14
Chevalier called Weavile back!

The foe's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Vaporeon lost 85 HP! (19% of its health)

Start of turn 15
Ardorin sent out Deoxys-D!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Deoxys-D!
The foe's Deoxys-D is hurt by spikes!

The foe's Deoxys-D is exerting its Pressure!
Vaporeon used Boil Over!
The foe's Deoxys-D lost 22% of its health!

The foe's Deoxys-D restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 16
Ardorin called Deoxys-D back!
Ardorin sent out Garchomp!
Pointed stones dug into the foe's Garchomp!
The foe's Garchomp is hurt by spikes!

Chevalier called Vaporeon back!
Chevalier sent out Espeon!

Start of turn 17
Chevalier called Espeon back!

The foe's Garchomp used Outrage!
Erufuun lost 175 HP! (54% of its health)

Start of turn 18
Erufuun used Stun Spore!
The foe's Garchomp is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!

The foe's Garchomp used Outrage!
Erufuun lost 130 HP! (40% of its health)
Erufuun fainted!

Start of turn 19
Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
It's super effective!
The foe's Garchomp lost 81% of its health!
The foe's Garchomp fainted!

Here you see Erufuun's bulk on display as well as paralysis on Salamence and Garchomp, which gives Vappy the ability to take them out without being 2HKOed. You also see why I run Expert Belt on Weavile. Everyone assumes Choice Band.

It should be noted that Stun Spore didn't miss here, and it misses often. That's Erufuun's only real shortcoming. It really sucks when it misses. I run 252hp/252def impish. The reason i don't use speed is so I will always lose U-Turn battles with opposing Erufuun, giving me the momentum.

I've got several such logs I can post, you'll just have to wait until tomorrow as I won't be getting home until late.

Just kind of saying, Erufuun will defenatly be a force to be reckoned with as it can stop every set up sweeper with an encore, and Taunt stall users.

And P.S, base 116 Speed U-turn is a troll to Starmie and Azelf

How is cotton guard not a notable move? +3 defense would stop most psysical attackers, wouldn't it?

Why doesn't it get synthesis....

It's notable, just not notable enough to replace any of the bajillion more notable moves it gets. It already learns encore, taunt, leech seed, u-turn, stun spore, and more.

I could see cotton guard on the subseed set maybe, but that's its weakest set imo.

Ok, I don't know if I should start a new thread for this, but anywayz.

There is a set I've been using in PO (but not in LC) with its pre-evo:

Leave the leading to 'Men!

Monmen Lvl. 1 @Focus Sash
Mischievous Heart
Nature whatevs
IV whatevs
EV whatevs
Substitute
Leech Seed
Taunt
Endeavor

It works wonders for me. I start seeding, and then sub.If the opponent breaks it, I'll start subseeding until its death/switch/ragequit. If it doesn't, I use enveavor and the opponent dies. Taunt stops harazers and set uppers.

It has one major problem, though: Priority. But that I counter it with other team members.

So, what do you guys think?

Also Breloom can Bullet Seed it into oblivion , or Gigigear can use Gear Sawcer on it.
Actualy any move that hits more than once spells death for it.
Why do you think the lvl 1 Sturdy/Endevor abuse trend is dieing down fast?

Back