NOC Why Is There A Gun In My Popcorn? 2: Old Country Boogaloo [GAME OVER Town Wins]

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Of note is Dusk it literally the only person who criticized my playstyle and scumread me based off that who hasn't flipped scum, but because he was hard tunneling me and i had fellow townie twin last game do the same thing, i townread him... but there's more nuance there

twin scumread me because he was just falling into what I seemed to correctly call out as a scum trap
Dusk does because "my big posts provide no content", which is just flat out not true, or inability to see where I'm coming from despite explaining it thoroughly whenever I make such posts, a sentiment echo'd by Lily, a little by Magic, and then once by Texas... now.. what did those three all have in common again?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
And everyone who's actually townread me for my contribution... has been town.

Then again, would this be reason to believe one of the scum would've jumped on board the bandwagon of townreading me early on as well explicitly to thwart this line of thinking...?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Btw mechanically it doesn't matter if we hit a vengeful, we have to shoot them eventually anyways. If we hit a vengeful we still have the same amount of miss-shots remaining as today,so our position doesn't worsen. We shouldn't be worrying about who is and isn't vengeful at this point, as long as we hit scum we are good.

Personally I think like cancerous/Fenrir/Texas could be scum maybe? I had Texas cleared as low effort town but now it's kinda clear he just listed his partners earlier in case they died to look good, but had no intention to actually push it.
Again, this isn't something I'd credit Dusk with for potentially bussing. Cancerous called Texas scum first here, and he hopped on

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Bleh, my TRs have been shit this game.

I'd rather shoot Fenrir before Cancerous, because Cancerous will keep posting.
Dusk, do you really think scum!Flyhn busses WaterLily at that point?
Great, now Magic's defending me to Dusk's push too X_X Then again I'm consensus town by this point to everyone aside Dusk.... they're probably starting to sheep things, using my push on Magic as the perfect excuse to change their mind

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I'm town, and I believe Dusk is town barring some insane setup from a Dusk/Flyhn team, so Fenrir -> Samoyed -> Flyhn should win the game as far as I'm concerned.
On the topic of the entire tinfoil Dusk/Me push here... i have no fucking clue what to make of it. Would Magic say this if Sam were the last scum? Or no? Did they feel Dusk more likely to get shot first than me, and wanted to use a scum!Dusk flip to "prove" i was the last scum? Or am I just reading too deep here and it's wifom and I'm getting tired =3=

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
And that pretty much brings us to now

Sam has some weird, memey chummy interactions with some of the scum, and was involved about as much as many of the scum were in Post Deletion Gate... but on the flip side, there are ways to explain this away. The chumminess? If he were scum why do that publicly instead of in scumchat? And Post Deletion, would we really assume it was ALL scum? Potentially, but given Dusk's content, unlikely

Repeatedly throughout this game, Dusk's readslists have been SO off base that it's just not believable to me at all, since I know he's at least competent. There's the whole situation with hal, but I think any towny motivation there or "why would he bus hal now?!" dies when you realize he was fucking drunk, and the fact that this is reasoning in a game in the first place is just surreal to me. Dusk only even got to be towncleared to begin with because of me, then AG sheeping me, and honestly I'm seriously doubting that now.

I'm leaning that it's Dusk after looking things over, because I just can't get over a good player having reads THAT bad and believe it

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I knew you were town before you were gunned and for some reason Mewtwo decided to hero shoot you despite having already discussed and advocated for a different better shot.

Town slots rn probably look like me/texas/magic I think. There's a lot of afk slots but don't shoot any of those imo. Bonerman was looking good but his recent posts have removed any input points he's allowed to have.

Shoot someone in the Toni/Fenrir/Flynn/Jordan pool all those have to die by the end of the game imo
We begin with this with Dusk's opening post to Moody after he received the gun.. and well, I don't really like this post either. The "yikes" gif was at first a reaction to the reads being entirely off base, but on top of that, his treatment of Bonerman is incredibly bad. Especially since the "recent Bonerman posts" in question ended up being pretty spot-on.. makes you really think doesn't it?
this is kind of a weird post? why are you trying to curry favour with moody by saying “I told you so! I was right with ya, man!”
Then you say there’s a lot of AFK slots but don’t shoot them and later in the post you tell moody to shoot an afk? I don’t follow.
We get a callout from Sam to start this out, and it also points out the inconsistency of "Don't shoot the afk slots", which was just unclear wording
Oh it was are you question but why because he is not reading back
Basically a non-explanation..
I'm not entirely sure dusk is town
Samoy are you town be honest
This is 9/10 times a classic scum line
Ok what reason do you think I am ever scum?
So is this
I'm struggling because i really don't like a lot of your posts but it just doesn't make sense for you to bus Hal like that
..this is basically what a lot of people were thinking on Dusk
I'm not willing to have you shot but I'm not confident enough to never shoot you
What don't you like about my posts?
*sam quotes the initial Dusk post again here

Yeah that's not very clear I still don't get where you are coming from with this but there's a chance you are just paranoid town I think
Oh I wrote that post rushed I meant don't shoot the people id listed. I.e. my town core
Finally an explanation that Sam's misinterpreting a part due to unclear wording, but it doesn't explain the other issue Sam took with the post (buttering up Moody blatantly), and... he got very defensive over the initial callout

I’m probably tinfoiling a bit early but if we can’t find the “last” scum later I think it’s worth looking into
Remember we win when there is one scum left
Unless that scum is Vengeful, which OH WAIT! IT IS NOW! Convenient!

This entire interaction looking at it from a lense of "It's TvS for sure" doesn't paint Dusk in a good light at ALL. He's very defensive, and spits out a couple of the scum cliche's "Are you town?" "Why would I ever be scum here?".... i dunno, it's pretty damning looking

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Bonus just for fun since it's clear y'all aren't here right now and I'm bored to tears: readslists from fellow townies to show how accurate they ended up:
Mewtwo

bonerman

Bloody

Y'all should hope for the sake of the town's credibility overall that I'm right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)