Wii U vs. Playstation 4 vs. Xbox One

Which gaming console do you like the most?

• Total voters

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I was on my phone. I didn't read it. I'm tired.

I wasn't thinking.

/mybad

#excuses

WiiU is kinda anemic right now in terms of library and I'm not sure how I feel about the controller, but it has some games that I want (namely Mario 3D World and DKCR Tropical Freeze) and Nintendo will probably put out enough first party exclusives to make it worthwhile sometime in the future.

PS4 doesn't have a single exclusive game that I want right now, but assuming things go as they did last gen it'll probably end up with the best library.

Xbone is in the same boat as PS4 except it's rep last gen had terrible exclusives and now it's the most expensive console of the bunch so chances of me getting it are pretty much nil.

Wasn't planning on buying any of them till 2014. Buuuut...

I plan on buying the PS4 purely because Sony has pretty much always had my preference in exclusives covered, in addition to said library being quite considerable over Nintendo and MS systems historically. I was going to buy it at launch, but Drive Club got delayed, Infamous isn't till 2014, and Killzone Shadowfall turned out to be more of Killzone 3 (blah) instead of Killzone 2 (which was my favorite shooter of last gen.) Launch lineup was very mediocre for me otherwise, so I'm fine waiting till 2014. Luckily I did hold out though since they announced the Vita / PS4 bundle, so I'll probably go for that.

I liked my Wii a lot, but I don't see myself buying the Wii U in the near future. Yes I love brawl, zelda, mario, and plenty of other Nintendo first party titles, but my interest faded over the years. While I bought a Wii for smash, I don't know if the new smash will be enough for the Wii U.

Never had a problem with One's old policies, and cloud computing seemed quite cool, but after all the backtracking it's pretty much the same system as the PS4. So, unfortunately, it comes down to my library preference. Unless there's a huge reason for me to play a certain game on it over my PS4 or PC, there's not much of a reason for me to buy it at all. Will happily fiddle with a friend's xbox one if I get the chance though. I've always enjoyed the user interface quite a bit. The launch lineup had literally nothing for me on the game front and, much like the PS4, I won't consider buying it till I start seeing some more games in 2014.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though I enjoyed my 360 a lot, most of the exclusives I had on it eventually came out on the PS3 as well. I doubt Microsoft will be moneyhatting Japanese developers the same way so I won't even get those on the XBone. By the end of the generation I think PS3 honestly had the better library and their continued emphasis on locking down interesting, new games makes PS4 the clear choice for me. $100 cheaper helps too. Either way, both systems are trash at the moment so I'll pick up a PS4 sometime late next year.

I might actually buy a WiiU later this year because Mario 3D World looks amazing and you can get it for around $225 in Canada which seems worth it.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got a Wii U simply because Super Smash Bros and X are guaranteed for the console.
As consoles:
PS4=Xbox1>Wii U
Games (right now):
Wii U>Xbox1>PS4
Games (by the end of the generation):
Wii U=PS4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xbox 1

Microsoft is awful when it comes to exclusive games generation after generation.

The Wii U has the best games right now, and between it and a PC I don't think you'd be missing anything genuinely interesting (few exclusives are worth a fuck, but at least Nintendo tries to innovate something occasionally -- PS4 and Xbone are just arbitrarily limited PCs).

Probably the most interesting console release next year is Dark Souls 2, the console part of which is easily circumvented with a gaming controller for a PC anyway.

Target has Zelda Wii-U's for $250 until Sunday. Not a bad idea to pick one up if you're in the market or buy one anyways and craigslist it for $400. I think you get a 25 dollar gift card too with all Wii-U's.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The Wii U has the best games right now, and between it and a PC I don't think you'd be missing anything genuinely interesting (few exclusives are worth a fuck, but at least Nintendo tries to innovate something occasionally -- PS4 and Xbone are just arbitrarily limited PCs).

Probably the most interesting console release next year is Dark Souls 2, the console part of which is easily circumvented with a gaming controller for a PC anyway.
From what I've heard the Kinnect makes really good use of voice commands as an alternative to controllers (and can theoretically be programmed to control other things in your entertainment center via IR). Can anyone here who owns a One talk give their opinion on the Kinnect?

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I bought a xb1 day one and I'm lovin it. The graphics and gameplay are amazing and kinect is definitely more useful than I would've thought.

Random side note, when I was out to pick up Super Mario 3D World today, I noticed an incomplete PS4 demo station at the shop I was at. I took the opportunity to get a good feel of the controller. Holy shit, the DualShock 4 is so much better than Sony's previous controllers it's not even funny. It's not cramped in the slightest, the analog sticks don't make your thumbs slip off and the buttons feel really good to press unlike their spongy predecessors. I still fail to see the point of the touchpad, but otherwise the PS4 has a damn fine controller.

From what I've heard the Kinnect makes really good use of voice commands as an alternative to controllers (and can theoretically be programmed to control other things in your entertainment center via IR). Can anyone here who owns a One talk give their opinion on the Kinnect?

I'd be amazed to see a Kinect like controller (voice or movement based) that can be more precise with less effort than a mouse, analog stick, or even a d-pad.

Just got a Wii U recently and so far I really like it. Am waiting on getting a PS4 until more of the bugs are worked out of it, but it seems to be pretty promising in regards to the controller and its game line up. The Wii U needs more games in its line up, but it seems to be pretty well made, and I don't mind that it's backwards compatible in regards to some of the setup. Not everyone has a HD tv. So it's a pretty shrewd move imo, that Nintendo made by making it compatible with the Wii's av cables. And not to mention they do include an HD pair for those who do have a HD tv and for those who plan to upgrade to it someday.

That is not true. It may be for some people, but not everyone has one and there are some that aren't interested in upgrading to one. So that statement is somewhat of a fallacy.
anyone who wants an hdtv at this point has one. they're dirt cheap. it's not a fallacy.

ya the kinect is awesome. voice commands are super useful especially in games like bf4 where it's integrated into team play online. (basically you can say "need a medic" or whatever and your game character says the corresponding command). the only times i've had trouble with the recognition is when theres a lot of people talking at once trying to control the xbox or if people dont know the commands

anyone who wants an hdtv at this point has one. they're dirt cheap. it's not a fallacy.
Not for everyone. Maybe for some, they can only afford to get a regular tv. So it's better than nothing. Then they might be able to move up someday, if they want to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)