Windy weathers(RU Team)

Hi all, I've been working on a team, and I could use some pointers on making it the best it can be. I haven't been able to use this a whole lot, but to me it seems pretty solid. And, contrary to my title's name, this is not a weather team.

TEAM AT A GLANCE

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

First Off, I only created an RU Team to be able to use one of my favorite pokemon, Butterfree. So it's only fair that Butterfree be the first on the team.

Because of Butterfree's rather unpleasant speed, I feel Tailwind is rather needed in order for Butterfree to flourish. And since I believe that Murkrow is UU, Unfezant is the fastest Tailwind user to the best of my recollection.And If I'm using Tailwind...

Enter Absol. With 130 Base attack, but frail defenses and rather low speed means he can't stand very well against many other pokemon. While also having some useful abilities in both Pressure and Super Luck. and Although Pressure really sucks with absol, Absol does learn several moves with high critical hit rate, and razor claw, can do monstrous damage with 130 base attack, tremendous speed under tailwind, and a ton of critical hits. And speaking of Tailwind...

Mandibuzz, I've seen on several teams and think it can definitely be useful as both a staller of sorts, and another tailwind user.However, Mandibuzz now gives my team a rather large Rock and Electric Weakness, So...

Rotom C gives me a major Electric resistance, as well as providees a Sp.Attacker with Decent enough Speed to function if I'm unable to activate Tailwind. And now, Since I still have a Rock and Ice Weakness...

Poliwrath Is not only an incredible attacker, but also provides the Ice and Rock weaknesses my team seriously needs.Considering Poliwrath is one of RU's most deadly players, he seems the perfect one to be on the team.

I decided to replace my unfezant, as I realised I have a gaping weakness to stealth rock, as well as me needing someone to put them up, and someone to spin all of them away. And torkoal managed to fit the bill perfectly.and he can explode. what else could you want in a turtle?

It turns out that Blastoise is RU. of that, I didn't know. but since he is, he is a much more useful member to this team than my torkoal. With no SR weakness like the exploding turtle, and at the sacrifice of explosion, and being able to set up SR, Blastoise still works rather successfully.

TEAM IN DEPTH

Butterfree (M) @ Wide Lens
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Tailwind

The pokemon this team was built for. Compoundeyes in combination with Wide lens near perfect-accuracy Sleep powders. And Bug Buzz and Energy ball are for coverage, if not much, and Tailwind is for my team to fruition. Am considering Tinted Lens over compoundeyes because Bug buzz and Energy ball don't have very good coverage altogether, and Wide lens helps sleep powder enough.

Blastoise (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 212 Atk / 168 Def / 128 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Fake Out
- Rapid Spin

My bulky spinner, and built for attack, instead of Special attack, considering that everyone uses special blastoise, and his sp.Attack would only be about 5 points higher at a max. Fake out for it's first turn, and Waterfall/EQ for any ghosts trying to switch in expecting a rapid spin or a weak scald, and get hit by a high powered move from the physical fronof 'stoise. Tailwind also helps Blastoise a lot.

Absol (M) @ Razor Claw
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

One of my top sweepers. Super Luck(increases crit. rate for those unaware) in combination with a crit. rate boosting item, and 3 moves with a high critical hit rate, tends to mean a lot of critical hits, and it can only hurt a lot coming from a base 130 attack. is my best pokemon under tailwind. unfortunately, Absol does have rather weak defenses, and is essentially dead meat against a strong priority move or something with decent attack and defense stats. has mostly done well in my past experiences.

Poliwrath (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch
- Waterfall

My Rock and water resist. My plan is to switch into something that would normally scare it away in order to hit it with a focus punch. Waterfall is for STAB, and EQ and Ice Punch are for coverage. basically just a physical sweeper. get's great use from tailwind.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Big Pecks
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Whirlwind
- Protect

My second Tailwind user. also works as a phazer. Roost is for healing, Whirlwind is to phaze, while protect is to increase recovery time. aaltogether, hasn't really been working as well with the rest of my team. Need some serious help on his moveset right now.

Rotom-C @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 Def / 216 SAtk / 80 SDef / 132 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

My one and only special sweeper to function in my team. Tailwind allows me to not be forced to run max speed EVs, which gives me the ability to invest in both defenses.Leaf Storm and Thunderbolt are STAB, WoW works to cripple physical sweepers, which may allow me to live and volt switch out, but I dunno, it doesn't always work.

Why dont you try out Quiver Dance on Butterfree instead of tailwind. Even though tailwind is supposed absol but you have Mandibuzz for that. Also I'd recommend to get rid of protect on Mandibuzz for toxic. Phazing doesnt work to its full potential with out hazards so try and fit a stealth rocker in your team. Id recommend using a Uxie set; Max HP and Max defense with stealth rocks and the rest of the set is up to you. Hope I helped :)

Your EV spread for Rotom-C is inefficient. A spread of 172 HP / 108 SpA / 228 Spe Modest would have the same offensive stats as your current set, but it also gives you 10% more physical and special bulk (since the much higher HP counteracts the lower defenses) Likewise, an EV spread of 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 SpD Adamant would give you the same attack stat but also 3% higher physical bulk and 12% higher special bulk. If you were wiling to lower Blastoise's Attack stat to 265, then a spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def Careful would give you almost 20% better special bulk than the original spread, at the cost of 5% of attacking power.

If you're investing significantly in three or more stats, use the nature to boost the one that's highest at first, and then use the other EVs to fill in the blanks. Unless you need to run maximum speed for whatever reason. In addition, unless your pokemon has a ludicrously high HP stat, investing in HP is a good first step to efficient bulk since it boosts your bulkiness on both sides, as opposed to just one.

Have you considered swords dance over sucker punch or stone edge on absol? You don´t need priority that much under tailwind and swords dance + tailwind+ base 130 attack=dead teams. Also i thin life orb would be better than razor claw because you don´t need to rely on luck to get more damage done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)