SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Nope, non-foreign (NA) level 30 caught fresh from the Friend Safari. Just goes to show you how many people are sending out decent pokes on wonder trade now.

Also I advise everyone keep all of their wonder trade fodder, even if they're Flabebes or whatever. I now have 4 full boxes of wonder traded pokemon, and I just got my first PP Max from the Lotto ID! I haven't been getting too many Moomoo Milks either anymore. You can release them when need be, but I still have several empty boxes so I'm in no rush.

My next breeding project is quiet Honedges with 31/31/31/31/31/x, so I'll likely be sending my rejects out since I'm tired of seeing adamant/brave ones on wonder trade.
hey I got a PP Max yesterday too! :) I have about 3 boxes of wondertrade and what im doing is maybe trading out 18-30 pokes a day, keeping the new wondertrades for that day for the lottery, and then after releasing the ones I don't need. I heard somebody was keeping all the trades in numerical order from first two numbers 00 to 99 or whatever so they could ensure having the PP Up but I stopped organizing mine after the first box, from what I've seen it looks like I have enough to guarantee at least a PP up a large amount of the time. Next, Master ball!! I wonder if somebody kept only traded mons and filled up all 30 boxes if they weren't doing any breeding projects or were able to store their mons on another game or on pokebank when it comes out. That would be pretty crazy but I'm sure someone will do it. Actually it's not that crazy.

Here's the problem I am facing right now with wonder trading.

I am literally full in all of my boxes, whether it be with breeding trade fodder or traded mons from other people.

I can't decide who to release, because most are good and they give me more chances to win PPMax.

I can't really WT anymore, because I already have mons for all the breeding projects I want to do and am tired of seeing Honedges all the time (I already have 2 IV'D/EV'd Aegislashes with different natures/movesets, thank you).

I want to wait until Pokebank to WT stuff then to see what new mons I can get, but that also is halting me from doing any more breeding projects since I HAVE NO SPACE.

Yay.

Guess I'll have to wait until Pokebank and see how many mons I can store in there.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Here's the problem I am facing right now with wonder trading.

I am literally full in all of my boxes, whether it be with breeding trade fodder or traded mons from other people.

I can't decide who to release, because most are good and they give me more chances to win PPMax.

I can't really WT anymore, because I already have mons for all the breeding projects I want to do and am tired of seeing Honedges all the time (I already have 2 IV'D/EV'd Aegislashes with different natures/movesets, thank you).

I want to wait until Pokebank to WT stuff then to see what new mons I can get, but that also is halting me from doing any more breeding projects since I HAVE NO SPACE.

Yay.

Guess I'll have to wait until Pokebank and see how many mons I can store in there.
3000! that's like, 10 3? cartridges worth. I think it'll be a great way to store mons from previous gens and extra mons that you don't need at the moment to free up space for breeding projects and the like. The only problem is, as far as I know, that if theyre on pokebank you cant immediately access them for say a rare GTS trade or for winning the lottery

Last edited:
I heard somebody was keeping all the trades in numerical order from first two numbers 00 to 99 or whatever so they could ensure having the PP Up but I stopped organizing mine after the first box, from what I've seen it looks like I have enough to guarantee at least a PP up a large amount of the time.
I actually took the time to set aside I think five boxes worth of WT pokemon, with two from each of the first two starting digits of ID numbers (00 - 65). As such, I've never had a day where I've won less than the PP Up, and my odds on the PP Maxes have so far been relatively kind to me. As a result, I literally released some eight boxes of WT pokemon, most of whom were either early route stuff from early on when I traded, or else bred pokemon that simply were outclassed by others I had either received or bred for myself. I still manually check all of what I receive, and every so often it provides something very useful, but now given the extent of what I'm breeding, I've covered a lot of the commonly bred stuff. And there are still days when I have gotten what look to be great pulls to come up rather lacklustre. That being said, I'm still trading out all my breeding excess because it may prove beneficial for someone down the line, it accumulates sweet Pokemiles, and continues to uphold the general upward trend of good stuff in the system.

As such, I'm soon about the do two boxes of Togepis and a box of Chespins. Here's hoping for a 4IV Female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur!

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I actually took the time to set aside I think five boxes worth of WT pokemon, with two from each of the first two starting digits of ID numbers (00 - 65). As such, I've never had a day where I've won less than the PP Up, and my odds on the PP Maxes have so far been relatively kind to me. As a result, I literally released some eight boxes of WT pokemon, most of whom were either early route stuff from early on when I traded, or else bred pokemon that simply were outclassed by others I had either received or bred for myself. I still manually check all of what I receive, and every so often it provides something very useful, but now given the extent of what I'm breeding, I've covered a lot of the commonly bred stuff. And there are still days when I have gotten what look to be great pulls to come up rather lacklustre. That being said, I'm still trading out all my breeding excess because it may prove beneficial for someone down the line, it accumulates sweet Pokemiles, and continues to uphold the general upward trend of good stuff in the system.

As such, I'm soon about the do two boxes of Togepis and a box of Chespins. Here's hoping for a 4IV Female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur!
yes but now might be a bad time b/c American kids haven't gone to sleep yet, and most are home from school and are probably wondertrading route 2 crap as they wait for dinner or after they have finished dinner. I had to stop myself from trading earlier today because i kept getting bad stuff, so i'm going to wait for like, 6 more hours when it'll be 12:00 am and maybe up my chances :) (the other day I did this and I got quadflawless swift swim JPN karp, quint flawless JPN ralts, tri-flawless JPN goomy, quad flawless goomy, quad flawless axew, and a tri-flawless budew, among others that I didn't keep b/c bad. I was giving out, i can't remember, either quint flawless mawiles (w/6th in wrong stat), quad flawless absol, or tri flawless eevees w/wish

Last edited:
It's hit and miss, but a great way to pass the time. I actually got a sweet perfect IV infiltrator Noibat halfway through my ingame journey.

Currently sending off my 4/5IV gastlies.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Living in Melbourne has got its perks. Our time is +2 hours ahead of Japan, and because I get on at the end of the day I'm usually wondertrading between 7-11pm Japan time so I get a lot of good stuff there. To make things better it's usually about 2-6am in America so I don't cop much route 2 junk either. Most of the time I feel like trades are legitimately fair, sometimes I even feel like the bad one!

It's hit and miss, but a great way to pass the time. I actually got a sweet perfect IV infiltrator Noibat halfway through my ingame journey.

Currently sending off my 4/5IV gastlies.
It definitely is a hit or miss. I was sending out 4/5IV Gastlies with disable and was getting early route stuff :( Bad timing

The Pan-monkeys are awfully common still :{

I'm planning on sending my Vullaby spitbacks, but first, I have to breed 'em xD

Sending out Impish Aron spitbacks with up to 4IVs. Still getting tons of Pan Monkeys, Fletchlings, and Honedge. LOTS AND LOTS of Honedge.
I'll keep the Fletchlings if they're good natured Gale Wings, other than that they're mostly early route ones.

I'm gonna be sending a buttload of Chespin through WT soon, trying to hatch a shiny one using Masuda Method. At this point, Idc about the IVs because I used two random Friend Safari Pokés; a random male Quilladin with Bulletproof and a Japanese Friend Safari Ditto. With any luck, the Chespin spares I'll send through won't be too bad, and could be used for breeding projects for others. Since both parents should have at least 2 IVs, maybe I'll get totally lucky?

Sent out a lot more now. Here's the cool ones:
x/x/x/31/x/31 Japanese Timid Protean Froakie (omg)
31/x/31/x/31/x Modest Bagon (hello next breeding project)
31/x/31/31/31/0 Modest Helioptile (easy fix for that speed)
x/31/x/x/x/x Naive Trapinch (has Fissure and Superpower for egg moves) (future project for sure)
31/x/x/x/x/31 Korean Jolly Aipom (another interesting future project)

I think Karma's finally caught up to me :p

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Loving the fact that a lot of these are very good spitbacks now.

Best being a perfect male torchic with blaze

Another thing ive realized about Wonder Trades, is that I always feel bad doing Wonderlocke with them. I end up sending out 5 pidgeys and my starter, and I get good stuff in return. :(

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Another thing ive realized about Wonder Trades, is that I always feel bad doing Wonderlocke with them. I end up sending out 5 pidgeys and my starter, and I get good stuff in return. :(
As someone sending out Pokemon on Wonder Trade, I don't think you should feel bad. I'm literally drowning in spitback Venonat right now. If I get crappy Pokemon in return its no big deal cause I would have released them anyways.

My quest to breed the ultimate Rampardos has left me with tons of Jolly Cranidos w/Crunch that I've been sending out into the world. If they were extinct before, they sure ain't now!

I've gotten some interesting things back:
a Jolly 3 IV Starly w/Whirlwind (I need more good stuff in the Flying egg group in general)
a Snubull w/Close Combat
a Smeargle w/Wing Attack
a Bidoof with three random TM moves
a Froakie named "Ferris Jr."
a Shuckle named "cntmyasses" (?)
and several Skittle-colored monkies

Top 5 So far

5) A Level 1 Vaporeon "Equius" Nothing too special about it, but I wonder who stone evolves a level 1... then trades it?
4) 4 IV Jolly Gible with Outrage + Iron Head
3) 4 IV Japanese Jolly Shellder w Rock Blast, Icicle Spear
2) Flawless Phantump (that promptly evolved into a Flawless Trevenent
1) Shiny Tauros!!

Picked up an Espurr with Pokerus, and a couple decent spitbacks - mostly Honedges. I'm sending out a bunch of Marill spitbacks, but they have Aqua Jet and Belly Drum, so I'm hoping I get some value back.

I've gotten so many Eevees and Charmanders I've lost count... not to mention tons of the usual useless stuff. However, I've gotten my fair share of 4-5 IV spitback Pokemon, and a few with Egg Moves and/or Hidden Ability. The best I've gotten, is a Naive 5-IV Ralts...with Trace haha. Wonder Trading is still pretty darn addictive, even if it takes a fair amount of time to get something decent.

P.S. I think everyone (regardless of nationality) is guilty of throwing crappy stuff on....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)