SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Every time I read this thread, I see people getting all this cool stuff and then I go to Wonder Trade myself and get nothing but garbage with not even a single perfect IV...are we sure there aren't any factors that decide which Pokemon you get? Must just be terrible luck X_X

at least I'm getting some nice Pokedex entries I guess.
It's all about timing I reckon. Aim for about 10pm+ japan time and you start to get good stuff. If you're up at the same time that American kids are on you're gonna get spammed with so many bunnelbys...

I got a Protean Froakie.
Then I got another Protean Froakie.
And then seriously, guys, you can stop with the Protean Froakies now
I got a zillion Honedges from Wonder Trade. And I usually trade during Japan trading prime time! Like urgh, my PC really does NOT need more Honedge spitbacks as I have more than enough by now...

I got a Protean Froakie.
Replace that with with bidoof, and that's me.

On good side of things:

Moxie Gyarados
Moxie Heracross
4 IV Larvesta

(All female)

Best thing I got was a PokeRus Froakie w/ Protean. I mean, not that good, but ya'no. :3

Something really strange just happened. I sent off my Scatterbug on Wonder Trade a couple of hours ago. Just then it came back to me, so I decided that... it was meant to be with me lmao. Has anyone else got their mons back on Wonder Trade? Because I think it's p cool that it's passed so many systems and then comes back to me.
I ended up getting my white-flower Flabebe back. xD

I got a Protean Froakie.
I agree so much lol.

A few day ago I felt very generous and I sent a Shiny Ditto (got with Pokéradar) holding a Power Lens. I got a 3IV31 Gible in return. Gible is so common at Wonder Trade and I already have a 6IV Garchomp so I didn't like what I got, but at least I made someone's day (unless maybe if the guy hates Ditto with a passion for some reason).

Today I got a 6IV31 male Torchic with Baton Pass and Speed Boost. Nature sucks (lol relaxed), but still it's awesome. Later I got a wild-caught blue Flabébé nicknamed Entei, it made me laugh, and directly after this one I got a Suicune! I laughed so hard. (But this one isn't shiny and looks legit contrarily to the first Suicune I got a while ago.)

Also I recently got a Virizion at Wonder Trade, and like this Suicune its IVs suck, maybe I'll use them as GTS fodder. Or maybe send them back and surprise someone else.

Last edited:
Yes I know double posting, but otherwise no one will see until someone else posts here.

As an April fool I Wonder Traded an entire box of Cleffas and Luvdiscs, all of them bred with 5IV31 and Splash as their only known move (they learn it by breeding...), and nicknamed "Magikarp 2.0". I was kinda disappointed about getting no joke Pokémon like the ones I sent, because I expected at least one or two for April 1st. The only things I liked were a 3IV Torkoal with Egg Moves (Yawn, Fissure and Superpower) and a 5IV Litwick (modest with all IVs perfect besides attack). Everything else wasn't worth keeping, but at least I hope I made some people laugh. Though I feel kinda bad about sending Luvdiscs, commonly known as the most worthless Wonder Trade Pokémon, even if they weren't wild-caught level 15.

I wonder if anyone else sent joke Pokémon on Wonder Trade as an April fool.

A friend of mine got a Dusclops for wonding trading. Then a random person wanted to trade him all the time and he traded a Manaphy for his Dusclops.

He got a MANAPHY at the second gym.

I got a Shiny Abra through Wonder Trade. I can't bear raising pokémon without nicknames, though, because it just feels so impersonal, so I offered it up on Miiverse.

I promptly regretted it. Have you ever seen a horde of twenty-plus prepubescents tearing each other apart over a relatively free shiny?... It's not pretty.

Been WTing 4-5 IV spitbacks (Absol @ Moon Ball, Carvanha with Speed Boost, and Skarmory @ Friend Ball, to be exact, all with EM) and I've been getting trash as usual. Fine, at least I get Pokemiles for this, but I finally received something good yesterday from a guy named "Louis Pear" in New York:
Frillish (female, Kalos-Born)
Calm
31/x/31/31/31/31

Not bad at all, especially since I don't have access to fifth generation. Thank you "Louis Pear", whoever you are and enjoy your Carvanha spitback.

Last edited:
I got a Happy Hour Smeargle off of the GTS yesterday, so I'm going to Sketch it on a ton of my spitback Smeargle and WT them later.

Let's see if I get anything notable in return.

...If I see another Flabebe or Luvdisc over Wonder Trade, I'll scream. And then release them. I also don't really need more Charmander or Froakie, thanks...though soon I'll be sending out several of the latter with Pokerus over Wonder Trade. I'll be happy to see Scatterbug from regions I haven't seen yet, however. (mine end up Polar pattern)

I sent out about 200 or so bold, calm and modest spitback togepis with various egg moves that were in luxery balls a couple months ago. I got some nice flawless dratinis with egg moves (had shed skin instead of marvel scale), some defog,brave bird zubats, a shiny hamster, several mudkips, a ton of froakie/charmanders and a female totodile with 5 IVs and egg moves. A lot of my breeding stock has been received from there, and I don't mind sharing with others.

I was fishing in route 12, looking for an Huntail for its Pokédex entry, and before fishing one I found a Shiny Octillery. I caught it with a Luxury Ball and nicknamed it "Pure gold", seriously I didn't think it looked so beautiful. But I don't care about chain fished Shinies so I Wonder Traded it after gaving it a Moon Stone to make it even more awesome. The Pokémon I got was a Pansage, obviously my reaction was "Oh God please I don't want those stupid monkeys from Santalune Forest" then I noticed it was level 1, with hidden ability, timid nature and 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs. It's a male, so that's great for breeding purposes. At least I'm happy about sending a Shiny and getting something that doesn't suck (especially considering that 99% of elemental monkeys got from WT are Santalune Forest garbage).

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's see...
  • Level 100 Docile Doublade
  • Level 55 Japanese Serious Espeon w/ Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power (I forget which one)/Signal Beam
  • Three boxes of (90) 31/x/31/31/31/31 Drought Vulpix
  • ~10 31/31/31/31/x/31 Naive Infiltrator/Frisk Noibat
  • 18 31/x/31/31/31/31 Timid Protean Froakie
  • Two EV-trained Mienshao (Naive/Timid)
  • EV-trained Jolly Garchomp
  • EV-trained Relaxed Reuniclus
  • Random Salamence
  • 31/31/31/x/31/x Female Jolly Riolu/Lucario w/ Crunch and Bullet Punch
  • EV-trained Female Multiscale Dragonite in Luxury Ball
  • EV-trained Jolly Tyranitar
  • EV-trained Adamant Shuckle :P
  • Two EV-trained Unaware Quagsire (Bold/Serious)
  • EV-trained Bold Rotom-W
  • EV-trained Jolly Tyranitar w/Stealth Rock
  • EV-trained Impish Poison Heal Gliscor
  • Naughty x/31/31/x/x/31 Zygarde
  • Many miscellaneous spitbacks with five random perfect IVs
These are some of the more interesting Pokemon I've handed out over Wonder Trade. Some of them are breeding spitbacks (for some definition of spitback), and some of them are old competitively-trained Pokemon from Gen. V I've replaced, now that breeding for EVs is much less time-consuming. I also trade away a bunch of less interesting stuff, in case you see me on Wonder Trade and hope you're getting something like the above.

Let's see, the most interesting Pokemon I got back was a shiny Espurr. Actually, a day before I got that Espurr, someone traded me a shiny Metapod. However, that person had an entire collection of shiny Kalos Pokemon, so I think he/she Powersaved it and was trading free shinies away. His in-game name is Matthew, and I had traded away a level 1 31/31/x/31/x/x Docile Trevenant, if that helps.

I've also acquired three boxes of assorted breeding spitbacks that have egg moves or are foreign (Masuda method). No legendaries. I also got traded an Ocean Vivillon spitback (4 IVs) and a random Sun Scatterbug, which were delightful to discover upon evolution. :)

I've been on a spitback trading spree. . . Mostly got crap. Got a few pieces of crap I hadn't caught or evolved yet, so yay for my dex! Happier trades included:
- Skarmory (I was getting sick of trying to trigger the encounter on Victory Road. Too many freaking Fearows!)
- Magby
- Bulbasaur & Squirtle (given that even mediocre babies on GTS are asking for event legendaries???)
- Chespin
- Kecleon
- Paras
- Noibat (screw triggering random attacks)
- Protean Froakie!
- Anticipation Eevee!
- Flawless (special-oriented) Goomy!

Overall, I think for Dex completion, etc. . . This is unexpectedly better than the GTS. The GTS has ridiculous asking prices for even zero IV commonmons and here you can get non-greedy spitbacks? Love it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I got a Protean Froakie.
Thats better than the chain of 6 Luvdiscs I got over the weekend getting rid of Burmys and Scatterbugs. I've tended to now keep trading the shit stuff I get until something good pops up, so a team of four mons could end up getting 20 odd trades depending how good/bad the mons yuo get are.

One seemingly annoying Luvdisc I got has POKERUS. Then I got a bunch of Dex completers in a row. Apparently 2am PDT is ideal wonder trading time.

Oh my god, I just got a level 100 Shiny Magikarp over Wonder Trade. It's also apparently from Unova, meaning it isn't chain fished (though it could be RNG'd, no way to tell). The OT is RED. I don't know why but I find this hilarious. I think I'm going to wonder trade this one out again to pass the joke on some more :P.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh my god, I just got a level 100 Shiny Magikarp over Wonder Trade. It's also apparently from Unova, meaning it isn't chain fished (though it could be RNG'd, no way to tell). The OT is RED. I don't know why but I find this hilarious. I think I'm going to wonder trade this one out again to pass the joke on some more :P.
Wasn't there an event in BW2 for a level 99 shiny magikarp holding a rare candy? I don't remember the OT for it though but could be that

Wasn't there an event in BW2 for a level 99 shiny magikarp holding a rare candy? I don't remember the OT for it though but could be that
As far as I know, the OT should be ナゴヤ (Nagoya - Yay, 2 years of Japanese are paying off!)
So that Magikarp seems to be a hack.

Something I like to do is breed a box of unique pokemon that can't be easily found in XY (Porygon/Meowth/Finneon/ect.), and then give then all rare, yet replenishable items, like berries. Then after I wonder trade them all, I release the duds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)