SPOILERS! Wonder Trades

I got a shiny adamant female charmander with eggmoves and two flawless IVs last night. It even has a cool nickname: Panzerflame. (Unless that is charmander's name in another language, but it looks like an English charmander.) Not bad at all for wonder trade. First good thing I've received from it in months. :)

Wonder Trade off a bunch of imperfect Lure Ball Marill with Superpower/Aqua Jet/Belly Drum, and what do I get? A Brave Japanese No Guard Machop in a Love Ball, and a Weak Armor Kabuto in a...Safari Ball? Yay, another hacked Pokemon...

Ive recived some awesome shit on WT
Dream Ball Snubbull with Close Combat ^^
Moon Ball Chinchou with more egg moves
A shiny Corphish. I think it was chain fished.
Other random stuff idk

My most shocking WT was getting a Kyurem before global PokeBank (I don't remember what I sent in return). My most recent shocker was a Tyrunt.... in a Heavy Ball.

I have gotten a shiny nicanda, a magicarp... with 5 perfect Iv's, a mesic with 4 perfect IV's, multiple protean ferokie, a speed boost torchic, and a crap iv magicarp for time machine breeding.

Hacked Tyrunt much? But why would you go to the trouble of hacking a TYRUNT?
It probably had its parents' ball type edited because Heavy Ball matches the shiny colorations of the Tyrunt line and someone was breeding them with the hacked-on ball.

I just got a 6 IV pentagon modest Kyogre in a premier ball holding a life orb for a Sunkern. I feel shitty now :/ So grateful for whoever sent that.

Breeding fennikens and WTing the imperfect ones. Just got a shiny Mewtwo in return, hot damn. Now I've just got to figure out whether or not it's a hack...

It doesn't have a pentagon and it says it "seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region." Holy crap holy crap I hope it's legit. *vibrates*

WTing Smeargles and stuff. I just got a 6IV Timid Ralts! And it was shiny!! In spite of the Pentagon, I can't help but feel that it is probably a Powersave or something.

But it is a free Shiny! You can't complain about that!!

I've also gotten other stuff, such as a Shiny Azelf with terrible IVs, a shiny Heatran with 6IVs, which was probably Pokedited, and a perfect Shiny Ekans, which only needed Shed Skin to be totally perfect.
Not to mention many other 5IV Pokemon.
Come to think of it, this might also be how I got my Timid 6IV Lv.100 Xerneas.

And I also once got a Tyrunt, but what was so special about this Tyrunt is that it was holding a Master Ball!

It apparently pays to WT away all of my unwanted hatchlings.

It probably had its parents' ball type edited because Heavy Ball matches the shiny colorations of the Tyrunt line and someone was breeding them with the hacked-on ball.
I didn't even think they had programmed the Heavy Ball into the game. I guess they did, just in case they wanted to make them available later on.

Mod Edit: Please don't double post.

Oops! Sorry about that!! I'll endeavor to remember that!!

Last edited:
I didn't even think they had programmed the Heavy Ball into the game. I guess they did, just in case they wanted to make them available later on.
They probably added in the Heavy Ball so that pokemon caught in prior games that had the Heavy Ball could retain their pokeball, like all the other pokeballs that can't be found in XYORAS.

Reactions: JES
Best I've received was an EV trained and decent IVed Malamar.

I always give crazy, but *suprisingly* useless stuff away.

I gave a level 64 dratini I had transferred from Pokemon Black 2 to Oras today. I giveaway my legendaries that don't have good IV's and natures. When I mass breed to get good IVs and EVs, I've given away 5 IVed mons like they're nothing (usually because I tried a GENIUS strategy.... that well.... sucked). But given the random nature of wonder trade, the typically low leveled mons with valuable IVs would probably not be given a second glance anyways. :/ oh well.

Oh ya, and also since I beat HG/SS so many times, I've given away some shiny gyradoses. Idk if that counts as good, since shiny gyradoses are the magikarps of shiny mons.

They probably added in the Heavy Ball so that pokemon caught in prior games that had the Heavy Ball could retain their pokeball, like all the other pokeballs that can't be found in XYORAS.
Oops! Didn't even think of that. I think you're right! :p

Just got a Lombre with the name "Ufuk". No guesses what Angelo1 meant this to mean! Well, at least that was it's name. The game apparently decided to reset the name to Lombre.

I don't think I've ever seen a name resetted after a trade. I also released a Wurmple named H!tler yesterday.

Ocassionally, you do get Pokemon with shitty names.

And occasionally, you get yet another Shiny! This time a Timid Manetric!! Thank you Mikey!!!
The IVs weren't anything worth battling with though.

Last edited:
See, now, that makes some sense to me at least - hell, I'm kinda going a little nuts with the matching balls lately myself, but without hacking mons - but why in God's Green Earth would someone hack Minccino to have a Love Ball? Doesn't match any of the colorations, and isn't even a good joke, unlike Love Ball'ed Gothitelles and and other humanlike pokemon where the joke is, "I love this pokemon in a way that is entirely unhealthy and unnatural."

Unless.... the creator did love Minccino in that way?

EWWW! OXYJEN IS A FURRY! *release release release*

It doesn't have a pentagon and it says it "seems to have traveled across both space and time in order to reach the Kalos region from the Johto region." Holy crap holy crap I hope it's legit. *vibrates*
That depends on if your definition of 'legit' includes 'cloned' - mine personally doesn't - because even a legit shiny mewtwo would have been cloned to hell and back prior to this gen. And considering the ease of getting past Pokebank with hacked mons, of which the most basic technique is "It has to actually be POSSIBLY legit".... Not to rain on your parade, because I'd sure like it if things like that shiny 6 IV Swampert I got were legal, but if you're actually worried about it I'd err on the side of "HACKED AS FUCK."

On Christmas, I got a HappyHoliday Ralts in a Moon Ball with Destiny Bond/Encore/Confuse Ray/Skill Swap. Thanks, Impsy!

Reactions: JES
Well, does it really matter if it's hacked, so long as you can pass it on to Gen 7?
It IS a free shiny after all, so you can't really complain if it IS fake.

Oh, I'm not AGAINST hacks (unless they're something that the game code itself does not allow, like that infamous Wondertomb in gen4), but I also don't think lying to myself about a hacked Pokemon is a good thing...

I just wish the 5-6 IV Magikarps I get off of WT did NOT have Swift Swim. Seriously, Moxie is a terrible ability on Gyarados... Intimidate is the bomb, and I want to make a good one because my fiance really hates Gyarados.

Oh well, toss one in there and hope it does NOT breed true.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Oh, I'm not AGAINST hacks (unless they're something that the game code itself does not allow, like that infamous Wondertomb in gen4), but I also don't think lying to myself about a hacked Pokemon is a good thing...

I just wish the 5-6 IV Magikarps I get off of WT did NOT have Swift Swim. Seriously, Moxie is a terrible ability on Gyarados... Intimidate is the bomb, and I want to make a good one because my fiance really hates Gyarados.

Oh well, toss one in there and hope it does NOT breed true.

Uhh, Swift Swim = Intimidate upon evolution.

Yeah, I think Rattled=Moxie, which I got a Jolly flawless (except for SpA) one today. And yeah, Intimidate is probably the more useful ability, but I didn't put in any effort to breed him, so easy come...
I wonder if the Ability Capsule works on HA Pokemon, or if I should just give him a Mega Stone, and call it a day?

Yeah, I think Rattled=Moxie, which I got a Jolly flawless (except for SpA) one today. And yeah, Intimidate is probably the more useful ability, but I didn't put in any effort to breed him, so easy come...
I wonder if the Ability Capsule works on HA Pokemon, or if I should just give him a Mega Stone, and call it a day?
Ability Capsule only works on normal abilities. Doesn't affect hidden abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)