Clamperl@deepseatooth
max speed max sp attack
timid/modest
Sand rush
-shell smash
-surf
-ice beam
-hp grass

In the sand and one smash it gets 720 with timid (650 with modest) and with tooth it gets 1080 (modest, 1000 with timid). it is now a major threat if the sand is up and it gets a free set up and the enemy will be worn down a bit by sand. The only bad thing is you don't have a decent chance to set up and unaware walls. It 2hko's chantey and bliss!
And it takes out the main Wonder Guarders.

EV

Banned deucer.
Sorry double post, but I just realized Hydreigon gets Hustle. It's usually associated with Drought, but Hustle gives it hugely powerful Outrages. You just need a way to clear out Shadow Tag Terrakion first or run Focus Sash.

Watch out.

Drizzle Dragonite, Wonder Guard Volcarona and Contrary Palkia will be ridiculously good. Free 100% spammable Thunders and STAB Hurricanes at will? Yes please. Immune to all but water / rock / flying while setting up Quiver Dances? Yes please? Uber-level Dragon with increasingly powerful Draco Meteors? HELL F**KING YES!

Also Hustle Hydreigon's Outrage would be about 15-20% STRONGER than Medicham's Hi Jump Kick. That's insane.

Motor Drive Haxorus has been noted, but I'm pretty sure this set is what might break him
Haxorus@Life Orb/Yache Berry/Leftovers
EV's: 252 Attack/252 Speed
Trait: Sand Veil
Adamant Nature
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Superpower

Sand Veil negates the sandstorm damage. Basically this is Garchomp's dream set.

Wow, this thread isn't getting as much attention as it did. Anyways, has anyone noticed sand rush Scrafty? This would be blisteringly fast after a DD, and could do some serious damage.

EV

Banned deucer.
Wow, this thread isn't getting as much attention as it did. Anyways, has anyone noticed sand rush Scrafty? This would be blisteringly fast after a DD, and could do some serious damage.
There are some nice Sand Rushers in Wonkymons but no good Sand Stream setter. We get Charizard, Abra, Horsea, and Dragonite, all of whom are weak to passive sand damage. At least Dnite has Roost. :/

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, Abra has Magic Guard, but lol it's abra. I think D-Nite is the best setter.
Abra doesn't keep Magic Guard in Wonkymons, and even if he did, he can't have two abilities.
Anyway, this thread should be alive! It's one of the best other metas.

Why wasn't stall removed, it's a bad ability
Why are some abilities bolded
And now Entei can either quad-resist fire and ice, or resist fire slightly less (3/4x effective) and get a water immunity (but hurt by sun lol), while Nuzleaf got two flamin' abilities
Plus Simple Double-Dancer Groudon
Also a many of the Drought users are good pokemon

EV

Banned deucer.
Why wasn't stall removed, it's a bad ability
I took out abilities that had no in game effect (like Illuminate or Run Away), abilities that were coded for certain Pokemon (Multitype or Flower Gift), duplicates (Mold Breaker stayed while Teravolt/Turboblaze got cut), and some that were too crippling (Truant and Defeatist). I left Stall because it has some usefulness like powering up certain moves (Avalanche and co.) and pairs well with Zoom Lens. I know it's not much, though.

Why are some abilities bolded
I bolded abilities that had been recently changed. This group of bolds were previously running Flower Gift, which I learned is coded only for Cherrim, so I wanted to highlight their new abilities.

And now Entei can either quad-resist fire and ice, or resist fire slightly less (3/4x effective) and get a water immunity (but hurt by sun lol), while Nuzleaf got two flamin' abilities
That is the mystery of the random number generator feature. You never know what it's gonna do! o.0

Plus Simple Double-Dancer Groudon
He takes some setup but once he gets going, BAM!

Also a many of the Drought users are good pokemon
Drought and Drizzle are the better weathers in Wonkymons since Hail and Sand have bad users. Hydreigon likes the boost to Fire Blast while Porygon2, Shuckle, and Lampent are probably the only other viable mons that run it.

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
This Meta looks awesome :)

Just some little hidden gems I found

1. Regenerator Zapdos could be pretty awesome. Defensive or SpD Zapdos is pretty good already, with reliable recovery, toxic, higher than average speed, access to phazing, and access to powerful stab even without investment. With Regenerator, it becomes even more of a tank, and nullifies its SR weakness a bit as well.

2. Toxic Boost E-vire could be pretty sick as well. With an already acceptable base 123 attack, it could wreak a ton of havoc with that 1.5x Attack boost from toxic. Access to Facade, Wild Charge, Earthquake, Cross Chop, and the elemental punches makes this thing a pretty decent threat. I imagine it could either run a Toxic Orb or just switch in on a toxic/TSpikes.

Awesome job with the meta, I'll probably give it a try soon :)

Edit: A great partner for Regenerator Zapdos on a stall team would be Harvest Registeel. Harvest gives Registeel what it needed to finally become an effective wall - reliable recovery. Granted, outside of the sun Harvest with a lum/chesto isn't quite as effective, but it's still pretty good. Registeel easily covers Zapdos' weaknesses to Rock and Ice, whereas Zapdos eats Ground and Fighting moves for breakfast.

Edit2: In other news for awesome electric types, LIGHTNINGROD RAIKOU. This thing would fit so well into a Rain Team, absorbing Electric type attacks and giving it a +1 boost, where it can then fire off ridiculous special attacks. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:

Raikou @ Life Orb
Trait: Lightningrod
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Modest/Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Weather Ball (base 100 rain boosted water move in the rain :3)
- HP Ice
- Volt Switch/Aura Sphere(rash)/Extrasensory

Pretty threatening.

I like this, but I feel like there should be a UU tier added, since a lot of the game seems centered around things like Dragonite and Mewtwo, and so a lot of the weaker things that get good abilities don't get a lot of screentime. Anyway, I thought of an interesting set, it might be posted already, but here it is

Clamperl@DeepSeaTooth
Sand Rush
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Electric/Substitute
Shell Smash

Get Sand Stream going with Dragonite and you'll have a fun time crashing through everything, hopefully. I don't need to explain much else.

EV

Banned deucer.
I might make a Pastebin with 'tiers' or at least OU and UU stuff. I don't play Wonky that much TBH so people would have to suggest ideas.

For OU I'd think it would be:
Terrakion
Palkia
Volcarona
Groudon
Suicune
Dragonite
Keldeo
Castform (?)
and so on

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yea, usually it runs Scarf, so even Camerupt can check it, otherwise a lot of scarfers can and mons that outspeed, also Castform

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Actually I used to run one with Calm Mind, Psystrike, Aura Sphere and Recover. It's basically the same as standard ubers mewtwo except it always gets to set up first now, and recover off the damage.

apt-get

it's not over 'til it's over
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
tbh this is one of the coolest OM's and it gets no love, which is a shame
I'd play it again on joimslab if it wasn't bugged with the ubers thing
#wonkymonsforOMofthemonth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)