Wooper used ice butt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that movie but I just don't get it especially since its a ground type. Another one is Sunkern. Don't even need to give a reason just wtf.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Oh lol. Not Sunkern flying, just Sunkern as a pokemon in general. Sorry bout that!
What does that mean? Someone has to get the lowest BST, the thing with Sunkern is that he gets good moves to make up for it! He gets a grasswhistle, leech seed, mega drain/razor leaf and growth set early on in the game, and later, as a sunkern or sunflora, gets giga drain at only level 22! He is also quite effective against Cheren, Clay and Marlon in white 2, which is the only game I have used him in. Of course he is out-classed, but why would it matter in-game?And this sub-forum is for in-game!

@Matezoid, I'm still not sure on the point you are getting at, fire types get it because it's solar as in the sun, Flareon probably doesn't get it - or need it - because it is not associated with the sun, or, really, fire.

@Matezoid, I'm still not sure on the point you are getting at, fire types get it because it's solar as in the sun, Flareon probably doesn't get it - or need it - because it is not associated with the sun, or, really, fire.
I am not sure what you are trying to say. My point is that every single fire type in the game gets Solarbeam, with the exception of Flareon.
How is it not associated with fire? It is a fire type. It is as associated with fire as Arcanine or Torkoal are.

Associated with the sun? What fire type is associated with the sun other than Volcarona and maybe Ninetales? What makes , say, Heatmor anywhere closer to the sun than Flareon?

On a side note, i wonder if the reason Flareon cant learn Flare-Blitz is because EEVEE can not....i mean, since it isnt a TM, tutor or level up move, the only way for Flareon to learn it would be through an egg move....but if Eevee isnt compatible with it.....

We are starting to get off-topic, arent we?

When has Sunkern ever demonstrated the ability to fly?
The poster is referring most likely to several pokedex entries on Sunkern. Here is the one from Diamond;
It suddenly falls out of the sky in the morning. A year after a cold summer, their population explodes.

Also there is one episode in the anime where it does fall out of the sky.

Well, Exeggutor do have legs and foots, so, he can perfectly do a low kick (you know what low kicks means). Metagross by other hand is a spider-like Pokémon, he needs it's four legs to keep the balance, so, he can't kick the opponent (other spider-like Pokémon can kick because they can jump, but Metagross can't jump).

Stealth Rock Chansey by other hand is pretty normal... On the anime and in general, there're two ways to "summon" Stealth Rocks, one is just grabbing rocks and throwing them, and the second is creating rocks using "special powers" (come on, this's Pokémon, they do have it) that around the field. Chansey can use a great variety of TM's, so, it's obvious she also have the special power to create Stealth Rocks.
I am guessing you have not seen Brock's happiny throw a boulder yet, have you?

Phanpy could get Water Gun by breeding in Gen2. Though, that was probably because it was supposed to be an "easter egg" since Phanpy is based off of an elephant (Have you ever seen elephants bathe? They love playing in water, and then there is the whole squirting water from their trunks thing). Also it's Crystal dex entry mentions it uses it's trunk to shower itself. It's pretty clever, and they should have retained it.

There are quite a few attacks that some Pokemon get that seem odd, but if you look at what real species they are based on it makes sense. Ursaring gets Seed Bomb probably as a reference to bears eating fruits/berries. Infernape gets Gunk Shot because well... Monkeys fling poo.

Anyway, here is an odd one: Why do Frillish/Jellicent get Water Spout (lit: Whale Spout) via level up, when the only other Pokemon to get it via level up are actually based on whales (Wailmer/Wailord & Kyorge)? The whole concept of the attack is to blow a bunch of air out of a blow hole and cause a surge of water. At least the only other Pokemon who get it, Squirtle & Remoraid, make a bit more sense than Frillish/Jellicent (Blastoise's canon, and Remoraid/Octillery's gun/cannon like mouths)...

Also one really odd thing I never understand until making sense of it recently... TMs. They are shown to be discs of some sort, and in FR/LG when you use a TM, it shows the disc... Well, doing this:

???

Nowadays I just assume TMs are instructional DVDs or something.

I saw that movie but I just don't get it especially since its a ground type.
There is not much to get. It's a golem, probably made of clay or some earth-y material, that turns into a rocket. Just because it's Ground type doesn't mean it can't Fly (re: Gligar/Giscor, Landorus)!

Celever

i am town
I think we can all begin to talk about surf here; Aggron learns it, but do you really want to try and make an iron covered rock swim? In real life a rock would sink like... well a rock, but then this one is IRON-covered.

Also ice beam, they give it to any old pokemon, such as the aforementioned aggron (I'm using aggron in white 2 is why). Did they really need to make Claydol do this?
What about the ice shooting bug, masquerain?

If they want ice beam on so many pokemon, then flamethrower and thunderbolt should be too.

And since I'm on a roll, ariados, just everything about him. He learns psychic, giga drain, energy ball. I'd like to see a venomous spider blowing pure, un-venomous energy from it. And then what about ariados' design or typing says "psychic."?

Kyurem-Black doesn't get Icicle Crash.

This makes absolutely NO SENSE to me...
What doen't make sense is that Kyurem-B can't even learn Ice Punch despite having huge ass arms. Don't even mention those small arms because in the movie Kyurem can extend energy into his arms when he uses Shadow Claw in NORMAL FORME. Now why can't he also learn Aura Sphere despite having an ability that gives out energy auras (Teravolt and Turboblaze)?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Also one really odd thing I never understand until making sense of it recently... TMs. They are shown to be discs of some sort, and in FR/LG when you use a TM, it shows the disc... Well, doing this:

???

Nowadays I just assume TMs are instructional DVDs or something.
I've always assumed that the TM Case itself is a machine you hook up to Pokémon to teach them moves, but it has no coding of its own. The items you find/buy/receive from Gym Leaders are just disks containing various programs for the Technical Machine. The disk itself is not a TM, it just contains a program for the TM.

I think we can all begin to talk about surf here; Aggron learns it, but do you really want to try and make an iron covered rock swim? In real life a rock would sink like... well a rock, but then this one is IRON-covered.

Also ice beam, they give it to any old pokemon, such as the aforementioned aggron (I'm using aggron in white 2 is why). Did they really need to make Claydol do this?
What about the ice shooting bug, masquerain?

If they want ice beam on so many pokemon, then flamethrower and thunderbolt should be too.

And since I'm on a roll, ariados, just everything about him. He learns psychic, giga drain, energy ball. I'd like to see a venomous spider blowing pure, un-venomous energy from it. And then what about ariados' design or typing says "psychic."?
I still remember giving Aggron Blizzard back in RSE because I was dying to Drake all the time lmao

Also, why can't Counter Shield exist? It's kind of an amazing move, and even Oshawott, while not using Counter Shield exactly, seems to be using a variation of sorts. It would be awesome to have an attack that almost any Pokémon could use, similar to Protect, that also powers up the next move or something.

Celever

i am town
Maybe put in a mechanic where if, say, a grass type pokemon uses counter shield when, for instance, energy ball, giga drain, mega drain, absorb were used on it then it gets the boost.
Like when torterra eats energy ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)