Tournament World Cup of 1v1 IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
won in 5 vs Djokra, ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1165366071-cfriuuvq8x67ovi4ne540gwtu9tfokepw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1165378426-8hpn9gd63ei1b8kp58vo4o6lsl0sy6fpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1165375134-h5hbhck1fdicj3v5kaa0wn85cjfxt3epw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1165370909-xzljeg365ridai47pl55ru87pi2n0swpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1165383456-s7iygpl1ftnwbgzrkwbcm6byh3d5r2kpw

if ur reading this djokra sorry for making you wait but I made it pretty clear why I wasn't super ready between games, you even called me out for it, the teambuilding. I'm a new 1v1 player so some things take some time, specifically for a series that feels important to me, there's more pressure. Hope you understand.
The miss g3 was unfortunate for sure, you had to hit 3 though which was likely but missing isn't the most insanely lucky thing in the world either.
You know I'm a new player and yet you decided to go full throttle with me and I appreciate that ! I wish you would've been more considerate with the fact that this is my first team tour etc, I think it was a proper series and all, discrediting that made me feel like my effort was worth nothing so far...
Sorry for retaliating!

Literally got carried by my team, let's go ASIA !!!!!!
3-0 palestine !!

ima

Take me to your leader
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Shoutout to Boat and Elo Bandit for the prep, I really appreciated the help you guys gave me throughout the tour and yall are great people. same with Synonimous

shoutout to Waylaid for belittling me and telling me my prep is shit, telling me i don't know how to play 1v1, saying "I'd ghost you but we're probably out anyways", and essentially telling me to go fuck myself after the numerous times i've defended him for being in our official wcop roster when he shouldn't of been in our roster at all. if this is how a captain acts, let alone someone from my region, i don't think you should be managing. it's kind of ironic to let joker sit out of the tournament because you want a toxic-free zone when your own captain is the instigator lol.

since you're open to criticism let me tell you that the first thing you should do as a teammate is to not tell your teammates that they're garbage and lose all hope in your team. maybe look at why we were negative in the first place and regather your thoughts from there. you also shouldn't tell the person who helped you win a 1v1PL ring with the best record in the tournament that they don't know how to play the game when you were on the bench cheerleading everyone. you also shouldn't tell people that you'd ghost them lol!

i look at you way different now after numerous times defending you from smogon alone. if I had known that Joker was being sit out I would have gave him my spot right there and then. if you want a toxic-free environment you should consider kicking one of your captains out before someone who actually wants to participate, is proven, and wins his games. i really hope your apology was sincere. really do :blobthumbsup:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
Ok, so, about the Inkreativ vs.... Who ever the hell he's facing now since people got subbed around like 3 times situation...

Why anything that doesn't include Inkreativ getting accomodated is a terrible decision:

So, originally, I was under the assumption that Yami was up against Inkreativ, they scheduled for a time rather early in the week, Yami got subbed out, and the New Sub couldn't make the time. But apparently... Inkreativ already rescheduled once? And then the other Team subbed AGAIN?? And now Ink is asked to reschedule for the second time or play at some other time he never signed up for? This is, quite honestly, a ludicrous situation. Basically, by doing anything else, you are setting the following precedents:

- Scheduling early is Bad. Inkreativ is literally getting punished for scheduling early (you know, to make sure the game actually gets done), and AFTER ALREADY RESCHEDULING ONCE is now being asked to reschedule again. I'm not sure if you know the concept of scheduling for a game, filling up the other time with Plans, and then expecting to play the game at the time you scheduled for early in the week (because you literally scheduled for it early to make sure you can make the time!!!!!!!), but as someone who used to dabble in Smogon tournaments quite a bit, I can tell you that it's definitely something people do. Also, whether he had availability for some time on Saturday is irrelevant because, well, that doesn't apply anymore later in the week, and telling him to play tonight or accomodate any of you in any way is absolutely mindblowing to me. If you were playing in any of the bigger tournaments people would literally tell you to fuck right off for rescheduling once, but the fact that this happens after he scheduled early and then rescheduled once is absolutely absurd...

- Subbing people out at will is okay and you can literally game the system and change scheduled times at will using substitutes. I'm not sure if you realize how bad of a precedent this would set going forward, but I'm sure that anyone involved can agree that this is honestly a ridiculous thing to allow. You'd literally be allowing people to either force opponents into some uncomfortable timeslot or, if they can't make it, to Sub them out, for something they aren't at fault for. AFTER HE SCHEDULED EARLY AND ALREADY RESCHEDULED ONCE!!!!! I mean, are you out of your fucking mind? Do I really have to go indepth about how abusable this call would be going forward? I hope not, but I definitely can if required...

Also, not to call anyone out, but "how long are you gonna in the forest for" is not only none of your business considering you literally had two scheduled times to make, but also borderline creepy. What the fuck dude.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so, about the Inkreativ vs.... Who ever the hell he's facing now since people got subbed around like 3 times situation...

Why anything that doesn't include Inkreativ getting accomodated is a terrible decision:

So, originally, I was under the assumption that Yami was up against Inkreativ, they scheduled for a time rather early in the week, Yami got subbed out, and the New Sub couldn't make the time. But apparently... Inkreativ already rescheduled once? And then the other Team subbed AGAIN?? And now Ink is asked to reschedule for the second time or play at some other time he never signed up for? This is, quite honestly, a ludicrous situation. Basically, by doing anything else, you are setting the following precedents:

- Scheduling early is Bad. Inkreativ is literally getting punished for scheduling early (you know, to make sure the game actually gets done), and AFTER ALREADY RESCHEDULING ONCE is now being asked to reschedule again. I'm not sure if you know the concept of scheduling for a game, filling up the other time with Plans, and then expecting to play the game at the time you scheduled for early in the week (because you literally scheduled for it early to make sure you can make the time!!!!!!!), but as someone who used to dabble in Smogon tournaments quite a bit, I can tell you that it's definitely something people do. Also, whether he had availability for some time on Saturday is irrelevant because, well, that doesn't apply anymore later in the week, and telling him to play tonight or accomodate any of you in any way is absolutely mindblowing to me. If you were playing in any of the bigger tournaments people would literally tell you to fuck right off for rescheduling once, but the fact that this happens after he scheduled early and then rescheduled once is absolutely absurd...

- Subbing people out at will is okay and you can literally game the system and change scheduled times at will using substitutes. I'm not sure if you realize how bad of a precedent this would set going forward, but I'm sure that anyone involved can agree that this is honestly a ridiculous thing to allow. You'd literally be allowing people to either force opponents into some uncomfortable timeslot or, if they can't make it, to Sub them out, for something they aren't at fault for. AFTER HE SCHEDULED EARLY AND ALREADY RESCHEDULED ONCE!!!!! I mean, are you out of your fucking mind? Do I really have to go indepth about how abusable this call would be going forward? I hope not, but I definitely can if required...

Also, not to call anyone out, but "how long are you gonna in the forest for" is not only none of your business considering you literally had two scheduled times to make, but also borderline creepy. What the fuck dude.
This is why I'm encouraging you all to #ScheduleLikeEuphonos! Takes some form of effort, but trust me; it works. :)

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I guess i have to fucking explain myself. I had to reschedule because I didn't know till the day before we played at night time est when I got home from work at 10pmish that my parents said I had to travel 5 hours in a car (2 1/2 h up to the place we needed to go and 2 1/2 h on the way back) because of a family emergency. I had no control of what happened and was forced to reschedule. I had the same thing happened to me last wc, where in semis, I had to schedule with two subs, two, while I had college (i think it was near finals or some type of big ass test), but anyways. I found time to play my game regardless in a week deadline. I told my team before I played euphonos that I was struggling with suicide, depression, and other things and had no faith in myself to be playing, and ask to be subbed out if I got 3-0ed. Which did happen and proceeded to sub out of OM snake this week to, as I rather leave it in the hands of someone that has full confidence, but it was better choice than to leave myself in because of being selfish and not thinking about the team. I guess I was supposed to drop all my irl stuff, get fucked up and feel worse about myself than I already did over a stupid dick game of pokemon, we all hopefully have a life outside this game, and there are a lot of times in life something comes out that is out of our control, but things come up that are more important than playing a child's game.

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
I don't think you had to explain yourself. Things come up, and I totally understand.

However, I don't see how any of this is (no offense) that relevant to the situation at hand, nor do I quite understand why Inkreativ is the one who has to suffer for this. In the end, these are the undeniable facts: He scheduled early, he rescheduled once already, and now people are trying to fuck him over for following proper procedure. Your Manager was literally the one trying to make him play at 2 AM in the middle of some forest. Maybe he's going through the same things, maybe he's a doctor who works 100 hours a week (at least one I know of who plays Pokémon, btw), maybe theres other stuff too.

However, none of that matters. A game was scheduled, proper procedure was followed, and now our Player is the one people are trying to fuck over for following proper conduct. Those are the facts, and nothing else matters. I am sorry about your story, but circumstances are unfortunately literally irrelevant for the simple process of coming to a decision here because they apply to everyone. No one is blaming you for not playing, but please address and refute the actual points I am making next time, because as I said, circumstances do not and should not matter for this decision.

Rei

formerly Scholar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you had to explain yourself. Things come up, and I totally understand.

However, I don't see how any of this is (no offense) that relevant to the situation at hand, nor do I quite understand why Inkreativ is the one who has to suffer for this. In the end, these are the undeniable facts: He scheduled early, he rescheduled once already, and now people are trying to fuck him over for following proper procedure. Your Manager was literally the one trying to make him play at 2 AM in the middle of some forest. Maybe he's going through the same things, maybe he's a doctor who works 100 hours a week (at least one I know of who plays Pokémon, btw), maybe theres other stuff too.

However, none of that matters. A game was scheduled, proper procedure was followed, and now our Player is the one people are trying to fuck over for following proper conduct. Those are the facts, and nothing else matters. I am sorry about your story, but circumstances are unfortunately literally irrelevant for the simple process of coming to a decision here because they apply to everyone. No one is blaming you for not playing, but please address and refute the actual points I am making next time, because as I said, circumstances do not and should not matter for this decision.
Things happen dude, there was a week left in the pool stage, and I never missed a time, nor james so there is no valid act call to be made. I doubt he has something that takes a whole week when hes 15. Neither party here deserves act, only thing at the worst is dead game. Thats all I am saying. James did follow prodcude and only was given one time that was unreasonable for est. Ink never in fact said he was unable to play after a set day this week whatsoever to either me when I rescheduled or James. So I guess his circumstances do not matter either. :blobthinking:

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
unknown-3.png

You scheduled a time, you cancelled on the Day of, you rescheduled for a time with the clause "if im still in" (which is quite honestly preposterous... How the fuck can you set self imposed restrictions on a time you schedule?? I wouldnt be surprised if they were trying to pull this shit all along to be honest), your team subbed someone in who couldn't make the scheduled time. Time you scheduled for, which you agreed for and which your team apparently didn't Check back on with the Sub before subbing him in (literally an Instant activity loss in SPL... But I'd like to think that that's fucking common sense??) passed with no game happening. Sounds like you missed a scheduled time??

Also trying to infer about how busy someone is based on their age... Cool that you doubt the validity of his claim, but it doesn't matter? I mean, I heard you're a huge activity win fisher, but surely it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you a) scheduled for a time and b) the opponent He was paired with, whoever it was, ended up not being able to make the time. I know you'd rather post sappy stories and be snarky instead of actually refuting my points or claims (also about how this literally sets a precedent about how easy it is to game the system), but please just cut the bullshit and stop making it about how much time someone supposedly has at 15 years of age or how no one missed a time when a time was scheduled but no game happened FROM A PLAYER YOUR TEAM SUBBED IN!!!

Anyway, if this decision goes the wrong way, here's what you should do next round:

Step 1: Start Player you don't want to actually play
Step 2: Schedule for a time with opponent. Agree to some time that's good for him well in advance.
Step 3: Cancel on the Day of, agree to the next schedule with a clause of "if im still in" or similar
Step 4: Sub out. Make the sub say He can only play at some inconvenient time for the opponent. Preferably 4:37 AM in the middle of the week. State your Timezone as +7.75 to add an extra layer of confusion (not done here, but easily doable)
Step 5a: If they still agree to the time, then you have your best Player they didn't prepare for against them at 4:37 Thursday night
Step 5b: If they don't, then yay!! Free dead game at least, with ridiculous claims to an activity win you can try to pull. It really is that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)