World Cup of 1v1 V - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Alright, so in the light of more information, I'd amend my proposed slots. SEU is looking a bit more dire than anticipated, and NWEU is looking a lot more capable than anticipated. With this new information, here's an idea.

US West
US Midwest
US South + Latin America
US Northeast
Northwest Europe
NotNorthwest Europe (SEU + EEU) + Africa
India
Asia (-India) + Oceania + Canada

please discuss

Tol

Retirement house
Alright, so in the light of more information, I'd amend my proposed slots. SEU is looking a bit more dire than anticipated, and NWEU is looking a lot more capable than anticipated. With this new information, here's an idea.

US West
US Midwest
US South + Latin America
US Northeast
Northwest Europe
India

please discuss
Call it central you fuck
midwest sounds stupid

DEG

we tangle endlessly
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why can't Latin America be with Central
Hola, soy vanessa :3

US West
US Midwest
US South + Latin America
US Northeast
Northwest Europe
India

please discuss
So my post isn't simply a shitpost, I do agree with these regions and I think this would be the best we can do. Regarding the European split, put France+Italy+Spain+Portugal+Switzerland (+Scandinavia? imo this should stay NWEU) and it should be fine, and then all the rest of Europe together. You'd get a fair split and numbers. Can you elaborate on what you mean by Northwest Europe? (Northwestern Europe usually consists of the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Northern France, Northern Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Iceland. Finland, Southern Germany, Switzerland, and Austria) I get this when I look it up, are we splitting germany and france in 2 teams KEK.

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
After some deliberation and weighing of options, the teams for the next iteration of 1v1 World Cup shall be as follows:
  • India
  • Team Pacific (Rest of Asia + Canada + Oceania)
  • North Europe
  • South Europe + Africa
  • US West
  • US Central
  • US Northeast
  • US South + Latin America
Maps for North and South Europe as well as the US divisions are as follows:
1623123369767.png
1623123559216.png

Options for the last team were pretty slim between leaving Canada + Oceania on their own, Team Brazil, and US South, with each team having their own set of issues between either placing way too much pressure on a slim number of seasoned players, having little to no 1v1 experience, or lacking the synergy and motivation to function well together. Ultimately, while they may not get along, US South has the greatest number of seasoned players out of these options, and as such are the team chosen to fill in the last spot to bring us up to 8.

For those considering managing for 1v1 World Cup, be sure to take these regions into consideration, and communicate with others whom you know would qualify for your team. Since these changes are pretty significant across the board except for US West, grandfathering shall be reset for everywhere except US West (who have already said they aren't grandfathering anyone)! If you were a player from last year who qualifies for multiple regions, be sure to keep this in mind!

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
GREETINGS DEAR BRAZILIAN FRIENDS
IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PLAYING WORLD CUP OF 1v1 FOR US SOUTH+LATAM PLEASE MESSAGE ME SO THAT I CAN CONNECT YOU WITH YOUR FUTURE COLLEAGUES
CURRENT SLOTS OPEN:
SS 1v1 BO7
SS 1v1 BO5
SM 1v1 BO5
ORAS 1v1 BO5
BW 1v1 BO5
DPP 1v1 BO5
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR ARRIVAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)