World Cup of 1v1 V - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jamez Mubs IM SORRY BROS BUT IF THATS THE BEAST COAST MY 4YO COUSIN ON UR LEVEL LIKE BRO HOW IS THAT A BEAST HAHAHA U GOT 0 NAMES PEOPLE BE SCARED OF LOOOOL LIKE OH NO ITS NOTATER!!! ALL MY MONS GETTING CRIT!!! LOOOL
Gonna go cry now brb. jk hahahah, west will fail again because they have not taken joker 1v1 once again, the key to winning World Cup for west. Free joker
tenor (3).gif

POWER RANKINGS
from the one and only

#1 SOUTH EUROPE

SS Bo7 DenisTheMenace
SS Close
SS eblurb
SM LBDC
SM Lancer Fr
ORAS STABLE
BW SoulWind
DPP PA

Subs:
Tricking
ACII
Tom842
gorilaa

You can call it bias, but SEU is a powerhouse every year, and this year even more so than ever. 2019 fritaly was extremely good but had some problems with vacations and such that made some of the strongest members of the team inactive. 2020 seu was absurdly good but suffered some lacks in ORAS and DPP + ACII not being motivated and me being too busy with other peoples' prep to focus on my own stuff. 2021 SEU doesn't have these shortcomings, and even then, our bench is ready to cover anything at any time (seu bench is one of the strongest benches in the whole tour, too). With top players for every single slot, it'd be a stretch to put seu any lower than 1st seed, whether you believe we will choke again or not. At the very least let's hope we don't get engulfed in cockiness (me in primis).
FORZA SEU.
#2 TEAM PACIFIC

SS Bo7 Potatochan
SS DEG
SS Palestine
SM Chickenpie2
SM Kentari
ORAS OM
BW Freddy Kyogre
DPP Euphonos

Subs
Jabiru
Bopher
Adam3560
BaleBlaze
One of the strongest teams of the whole tour and of all time, honestly. In terms of WC teams I don't think I have ever seen a tour so one-sided with how powerful the top 2 teams are compared to the rest. If SEU doesn't win I'm definitely betting it all on pacific. They have very strong slots with almost no shortcomings and a powerful bench, as well. The reason I'm putting them below SEU is 90% bias, and 10% because I believe our players are oh so slightly stronger than theirs. In all honesty 1st and 2nd seed are completely interchangeable and most reasoning for putting one above the other would be too volatile and far fetched. Hope we meet in finals.

#3 NORTH EUROPE

SS Bo7 HereComesTeamCharm
SS Aliss
SS D2TheW
SM TheShadowClaw
SM Arai
ORAS DezShizzels
BW Simbo
DPP neomon

Subs
Blazikin
Krytocon
Leru
London13
Nonetheless, even after the countless praises I threw at seu and pacific, neu remains a super scary team. All their slottings are solid even though, aside from maybe tsc, they lack that star power you might find in other teams: all their players are very solid but none of them are super outstanding. They also have their shortcomings in their SM2 with Arai not being a very proven player, Simbo coming back after all this time in an extremely different bw (especially hard on simbo being that he had more than 50% kyub usage and 30% dnite usage in pl4), and neomon, being dead all this time and his last performance being end of pl4 losing 3 matches in a row. Their bench is also quite good although it kinda struggles activity wise with most of the bench players being benched due to inactivity, not skill. I definitely expect good things as long as they can patch the holes they've found themselves with.

#4 TEAM INDIA

SS Bo7 IPF
SS Serene Grace
SS ChoccyMilk O-o
SM ToastedBunzzz02
SM RaJ.Shoot
ORAS pj
BW doc1203
DPP Mr. Mime fan

Subs
abd1710
PartMan
Mattorr Is Cute
frostyicelad

This is an extremely bold pick as a 4th seed but I believe in two things from team india: motivation and unpredictability. They definitely have one of if not the most motivated team in the entire tour, and their players can prove scarier to face than other proven players. I strictly believe in players like toastedbunzzz and yash, I think both of them can pull amazing performances. IPF is an interesting pick for bo7 but he's learned from the master himself (me) and I've seen him play in a couple of tours, so I can say he can pull something cool out of his hat. I'm looking forward to ChoccyMilk playing, I don't know what it is but there's definitely something funny coming out of his matches. I'm not a big fan of their bw, 2nd ss and 2nd sm, but they didn't really seem to have better alternatives. Also pj is cool but he doesn't have anyone else who knows the meta to help him build, which is absolutely devastating for a metagame like oras and is easily exploitable by someone experienced like dez or lrxc. Also I incredibly do not fuck with the decision to keep abd benched you guys are out of your mind. Also I heard rumors going around that they are getting shadow support from some of the best players of all time so that help might patch some of the biggest weaknesses of the team.

#5 US NORTHEAST

SS Bo7 Mishlef
SS Murman
SS lvl100Blaziken
SM Akumajou
SM not a racist
ORAS Finchinator
BW Mubs
DPP Jamez

Subs
tenzhii
413X
Notater
bea​

US Northeast is another team with quite the amount of shortcomings. Mubs in BW after his not so splendid PL performance makes me shiver; big fan of not a racist in a meme way but I definitely don't think he's gonna be one to carry the team. Mishlef in Bo7 is playing in too big of a league for his performance especially given that he does not have the same type of help he had with catgirls, I believe in the man and in his ideas but I can bet my ass they're gonna force mishlef to support all the other ss slots so he won't have enough time to focus on his own. Murman had an amazing PL but this is where the big shots are called, was he a one hit wonder or is he gonna be able to mantain his streak and prove himself as a viable player? we'll see. The rest of the slots are quite solid, but aside from jamez who's been a bit of a hit or miss ever since he started playing 1v1, both akumajou and finchinator suffer from lack of support from their teammates. Maybe God Builder Notater will pull out some magic from his hat this time around. The only thing I care about on this team is GOAT TENZHII Jamez Mubs MAKE THE MAN PLAY AND YOU'LL MAKE PLAYOFFS :100:
Anyway overall not too bad of a team, they have some strong players but also some issues to overcome and some issues that can't really be overcome.

#6 US CENTRAL

SS Bo7 Nalei
SS Rellia
SS smely socks
SM Landon
SM XanderUrBoi
ORAS LRXC
BW Sanshokuinsumireko
DPP Urfgurgle

Subs
crucify
avarice
DripLegend
ThatOneSpork
Continuing this United States cumulative disaster is the almost decent US region CENTRAL with a series of question marks: crucify benched?? XanderUrBoi in SM??? Urfgurgle in DPP???? We can thank God that mister Single Man Lift himself Landon is on the team next to Big Butt Bulldozer Nalei to carry the team to viability. Rellia and smely socks are no longer unproven ladder kids but proven mediocre players, Sansho had an amazing first wc but his PL proved him not to be "the new bw messiah people were waiting for", in the slightest; we'll see how he handles himself this tour. LRXC and Nalei both seem kinda inactive, also given the fact that they submitted the lineup after deadline and the fact that their discord is basically dead. This team can be either a total trainwreck or go on an absolute massacre like last year, although the latter seems way less likely (especially taking into account that the team almost didn't qualify if it weren't for zio ryy and squirtell carrying their ass). We'll see.

#7 US WEST

SS Bo7 tears
SS BlanchedAlmond
SS Gym Socks!
SM Boat
SM Elo Bandit
ORAS Waylaid
BW Trashuny
DPP Le Creme Brule

Subs
64 Squares
cleffa
gyffyrd
SuperMemeBroz
Honestly wanted to put this team bottom seed but after seeing it laid out like this and also seeing US South it's not deserving of that spot. Although this team does come with its fair share of problems. West has notoriously had some of the worst managing since dom got banned so I was expecting some weird shit anyway, but half the players being in slots they never played before is pretty wild. Trashuny in BW with no deg and the only bw support being gym socks (not a fan) is risky, LCB in DPP is like, weird, but fine, even though I'm not a fan of how they play or build at all whatsoever. Waylaid in ORAS and Gym Socks in SS are just like "eh" but not much more. The remaining players are the super negative duo of Boat and Elo Bandit. Blanched is pretty good but he's also not a "100% confirmed positive slot" or anything. tears is the only saving grace but even if he goes 3-0 that's as much as he can do for the team. Their bench is also pretty much non existent so if anyone shits the bed GL.

#8 US SOUTH

SS Bo7 pqs
SS airfare
SS crow crumbs
SM Satanic Beast
SM Tol
ORAS Gray
BW ltchyy
DPP Yami

Subs
MK007
rubysapphiremerald
Quantum Tesseract
Scraftionite​

terrific team :100: they have two good slots in edgar and yami; pqs, crow crumbs and tol are decent but they suffer the competition, since most teams have players that are better than them in those slots. Gray is a huge question mark but I'm a big fan of him from back in 2v2pl and he can definitely do good, the only problem is that they don't actually have a good oras builder to support him. airfaire in ss is also a question mark although I don't approve of them and itchy in bw is very close to a joke (no offense). The most dire thing is that if one of these slots doesn't work out then it's GG no re cause their bench is pretty much nonexistent.

that wraps it up folks, remember that wc is an inherently unfair tour and you have no jurisdiction on what your team will end up looking like and that's what's fun about it. If you got offended by any of my messages refer all insults and mean messages to either one of my managers Toxigen or Aurella
HAVE A NICE DAY

Last edited:
POWER RANKINGS
from the one and only

#1 SOUTH EUROPE

SS Bo7 DenisTheMenace
SS Close
SS eblurb
SM LBDC
SM Lancer Fr
ORAS STABLE
BW SoulWind
DPP PA

Subs:
Tricking
ACII
Tom842
gorilaa

You can call it bias, but SEU is a powerhouse every year, and this year even more so than ever. 2019 fritaly was extremely good but had some problems with vacations and such that made some of the strongest members of the team inactive. 2020 seu was absurdly good but suffered some lacks in ORAS and DPP + ACII not being motivated and me being too busy with other peoples' prep to focus on my own stuff. 2021 SEU doesn't have these shortcomings, and even then, our bench is ready to cover anything at any time (seu bench is one of the strongest benches in the whole tour, too). With top players for every single slot, it'd be a stretch to put seu any lower than 1st seed, whether you believe we will choke again or not. At the very least let's hope we don't get engulfed in cockiness (me in primis).
FORZA SEU.
#2 TEAM PACIFIC

SS Bo7 Potatochan
SS DEG
SS Palestine
SM Chickenpie2
SM Kentari
ORAS OM
BW Freddy Kyogre
DPP Euphonos

Subs
Jabiru
Bopher
Adam3560
BaleBlaze
One of the strongest teams of the whole tour and of all time, honestly. In terms of WC teams I don't think I have ever seen a tour so one-sided with how powerful the top 2 teams are compared to the rest. If SEU doesn't win I'm definitely betting it all on pacific. They have very strong slots with almost no shortcomings and a powerful bench, as well. The reason I'm putting them below SEU is 90% bias, and 10% because I believe our players are oh so slightly stronger than theirs. In all honesty 1st and 2nd seed are completely interchangeable and most reasoning for putting one above the other would be too volatile and far fetched. Hope we meet in finals.

#3 NORTH EUROPE

SS Bo7 HereComesTeamCharm
SS Aliss
SS D2TheW
SM TheShadowClaw
SM Arai
ORAS DezShizzels
BW Simbo
DPP neomon

Subs
Blazikin
Krytocon
Leru
London13
Nonetheless, even after the countless praises I threw at seu and pacific, neu remains a super scary team. All their slottings are solid even though, aside from maybe tsc, they lack that star power you might find in other teams: all their players are very solid but none of them are super outstanding. They also have their shortcomings in their SM2 with Arai not being a very proven player, Simbo coming back after all this time in an extremely different bw (especially hard on simbo being that he had more than 50% kyub usage and 30% dnite usage in pl4), and neomon, being dead all this time and his last performance being end of pl4 losing 3 matches in a row. Their bench is also quite good although it kinda struggles activity wise with most of the bench players being benched due to inactivity, not skill. I definitely expect good things as long as they can patch the holes they've found themselves with.

#4 TEAM INDIA

SS Bo7 IPF
SS Serene Grace
SS ChoccyMilk O-o
SM ToastedBunzzz02
SM RaJ.Shoot
ORAS pj
BW doc1203
DPP Mr. Mime fan

Subs
abd1710
PartMan
Mattorr Is Cute
frostyicelad

This is an extremely bold pick as a 4th seed but I believe in two things from team india: motivation and unpredictability. They definitely have one of if not the most motivated team in the entire tour, and their players can prove scarier to face than other proven players. I strictly believe in players like toastedbunzzz and yash, I think both of them can pull amazing performances. IPF is an interesting pick for bo7 but he's learned from the master himself (me) and I've seen him play in a couple of tours, so I can say he can pull something cool out of his hat. I'm looking forward to ChoccyMilk playing, I don't know what it is but there's definitely something funny coming out of his matches. I'm not a big fan of their bw, 2nd ss and 2nd sm, but they didn't really seem to have better alternatives. Also pj is cool but he doesn't have anyone else who knows the meta to help him build, which is absolutely devastating for a metagame like oras and is easily exploitable by someone experienced like dez or lrxc. Also I incredibly do not fuck with the decision to keep abd benched you guys are out of your mind. Also I heard rumors going around that they are getting shadow support from some of the best players of all time so that help might patch some of the biggest weaknesses of the team.

#5 US NORTHEAST

SS Bo7 Mishlef
SS Murman
SS lvl100Blaziken
SM Akumajou
SM not a racist
ORAS Finchinator
BW Mubs
DPP Jamez

Subs
tenzhii
413X
Notater
bea​

US Northeast is another team with quite the amount of shortcomings. Mubs in BW after his not so splendid PL performance makes me shiver; big fan of not a racist in a meme way but I definitely don't think he's gonna be one to carry the team. Mishlef in Bo7 is playing in too big of a league for his performance especially given that he does not have the same type of help he had with catgirls, I believe in the man and in his ideas but I can bet my ass they're gonna force mishlef to support all the other ss slots so he won't have enough time to focus on his own. Murman had an amazing PL but this is where the big shots are called, was he a one hit wonder or is he gonna be able to mantain his streak and prove himself as a viable player? we'll see. The rest of the slots are quite solid, but aside from jamez who's been a bit of a hit or miss ever since he started playing 1v1, both akumajou and finchinator suffer from lack of support from their teammates. Maybe God Builder Notater will pull out some magic from his hat this time around. The only thing I care about on this team is GOAT TENZHII Jamez Mubs MAKE THE MAN PLAY AND YOU'LL MAKE PLAYOFFS :100:
Anyway overall not too bad of a team, they have some strong players but also some issues to overcome and some issues that can't really be overcome.

#6 US CENTRAL

SS Bo7 Nalei
SS Rellia
SS smely socks
SM Landon
SM XanderUrBoi
ORAS LRXC
BW Sanshokuinsumireko
DPP Urfgurgle

Subs
crucify
avarice
DripLegend
ThatOneSpork
Continuing this United States cumulative disaster is the almost decent US region CENTRAL with a series of question marks: crucify benched?? XanderUrBoi in SM??? Urfgurgle in DPP???? We can thank God that mister Single Man Lift himself Landon is on the team next to Big Butt Bulldozer Nalei to carry the team to viability. Rellia and smely socks are no longer unproven ladder kids but proven mediocre players, Sansho had an amazing first wc but his PL proved him not to be "the new bw messiah people were waiting for", in the slightest; we'll see how he handles himself this tour. LRXC and Nalei both seem kinda inactive, also given the fact that they submitted the lineup after deadline and the fact that their discord is basically dead. This team can be either a total trainwreck or go on an absolute massacre like last year, although the latter seems way less likely (especially taking into account that the team almost didn't qualify if it weren't for zio ryy and squirtell carrying their ass). We'll see.

#7 US WEST

SS Bo7 tears
SS BlanchedAlmond
SS Gym Socks!
SM Boat
SM Elo Bandit
ORAS Waylaid
BW Trashuny
DPP Le Creme Brule

Subs
64 Squares
cleffa
gyffyrd
SuperMemeBroz
Honestly wanted to put this team bottom seed but after seeing it laid out like this and also seeing US South it's not deserving of that spot. Although this team does come with its fair share of problems. West has notoriously had some of the worst managing since dom got banned so I was expecting some weird shit anyway, but half the players being in slots they never played before is pretty wild. Trashuny in BW with no deg and the only bw support being gym socks (not a fan) is risky, LCB in DPP is like, weird, but fine, even though I'm not a fan of how they play or build at all whatsoever. Waylaid in ORAS and Gym Socks in SS are just like "eh" but not much more. The remaining players are the super negative duo of Boat and Elo Bandit. Blanched is pretty good but he's also not a "100% confirmed positive slot" or anything. tears is the only saving grace but even if he goes 3-0 that's as much as he can do for the team. Their bench is also pretty much non existent so if anyone shits the bed GL.

#8 US SOUTH

SS Bo7 pqs
SS airfare
SS crow crumbs
SM Satanic Beast
SM Tol
ORAS Gray
BW ltchyy
DPP Yami

Subs
MK007
rubysapphiremerald
Quantum Tesseract
Scraftionite​

terrific team :100: they have two good slots in edgar and yami; pqs, crow crumbs and tol are decent but they suffer the competition, since most teams have players that are better than them in those slots. Gray is a huge question mark but I'm a big fan of him from back in 2v2pl and he can definitely do good, the only problem is that they don't actually have a good oras builder to support him. airfaire in ss is also a question mark although I don't approve of them and itchy in bw is very close to a joke (no offense). The most dire thing is that if one of these slots doesn't work out then it's GG no re cause their bench is pretty much nonexistent.

that wraps it up folks, remember that wc is an inherently unfair tour and you have no jurisdiction on what your team will end up looking like and that's what's fun about it. If you got offended by any of my messages refer all insults and mean messages to either one of my managers Toxigen or Aurella
HAVE A NICE DAY
>Doesn't pick jort
>bottom power rankings
YAKWTFGO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)