Tournament World Cup of 1v1 II - Won by Coastal Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
Gonna post for activity, moto hasnt responded to my scheduling at all beyond asking what times work for me despite having been on smogon. I've idled PS all week and his only scheduling attempt on that front was a "fight now" when I was originally supposed to be at work had I not been extremely ill that day. I won't be around much longer today.

Gonna post for activity, moto hasnt responded to my scheduling at all beyond asking what times work for me despite having been on smogon. I've idled PS all week and his only scheduling attempt on that front was a "fight now" when I was originally supposed to be at work had I not been extremely ill that day. I won't be around much longer today.
I was online at the time you mentioned in scheduling.Since you were ill however,you couldn't play 3 hours before that and you couldnt play in the time we mentioned either.After that you made no attempt at rescheduling,and now you come here and call activity.Interesting.

kaori

Fully Automated Gay Space Communism
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
DPL Champion
I was online at the time you mentioned in scheduling.Since you were ill however,you couldn't play 3 hours before that and you couldnt play in the time we mentioned either.After that you made no attempt at rescheduling,and now you come here and call activity.Interesting.
And now that I have posted activity your Smogon account has come to life

1540738074118.png

Making no attempt to schedule on Smogon is inexcusable for a Smogon tournament and over the course of the entire tiebreak have indicated exactly 0 times of being available to play, giving me effectively nothing to work with.

Imagine an activity call in a tiebreaker of the SEMI FINALS on the player that is more active than all of us online XD

motogp is not someone you want to mess with

1v1wc be like

PS. no extentions pls,

tyvm already

Last edited:
If both of you guys didnt try to reschedule, arent you both the fucks up here? Im reading this as Kaori and moto scheduled or sorta scheduled ig. Kaori was ill on the time moto challenged yada yada no reschedule. Just a load of crap tbh. Idk why im still paying attention to this stuff but i might as well address it

Reactions: DEG

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If both of you guys didnt try to reschedule, arent you both the fucks up here? Im reading this as Kaori and moto scheduled or sorta scheduled ig. Kaori was ill on the time moto challenged yada yada no reschedule. Just a load of crap tbh. Idk why im still paying attention to this stuff but i might as well address it
There was no scheduling. Kaori suggested times and got no response back. In real life people plan for things in advance. It’s childish to think someone else knows you are availabale at the times suggested by not responding. Communication is a basic and necessary skill and I won’t have it if other people think silence communicates the same thing as “Yeah sure we can fight at those times”.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's your job to schedule for a time and communicate properly; Saying nothing literally says nothing, it doesn't imply anything. You had the opportunity to reply and you chose not to, and that's your fault entirely. If you haven't read the scheduling guidelines, that's also your fault. It doesn't matter what you thought you were saying, because anyone and everyone looking at the conversation can see you said nothing, which adds 0 to it. It doesn't matter if you think they're obliged to show up at a time they proposed, because if you don't agree to the time they have no obligation to show up to it. That's Smogon's standards, and it doesn't matter what unofficial or unwritten standards you're going by - Saying nothing is saying nothing. That's it, there's nothing else to it.

There was no scheduling. Kaori suggested times and got no response back. In real life people plan for things in advance. It’s childish to think someone else knows you are availabale at the times suggested by not responding. Communication is a basic and necessary skill and I won’t have it if other people think silence communicates the same thing as “Yeah sure we can fight at those times”.
Just let these people battle, this is silly. Real people battle to show off their skills, this ain’t fair. Schedule problems? So? It is unfair to cheese a by activity, even though it is not clear by whom. Even I want to battle, even it’s an impossible time for me. Idk how to solve this, but I think there should happen a battle, regardless of scheduling problems.

pqs

Banned deucer.
Just let these people battle, this is silly. Real people battle to show off their skills, this ain’t fair. Schedule problems? So? It is unfair to cheese a by activity, even though it is not clear by whom. Even I want to battle, even it’s an impossible time for me. Idk how to solve this, but I think there should happen a battle, regardless of scheduling problems.
its unfair when your opponent doesnt respond

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can we not coinflip or activity. Both are unfun, and doesn't really define a tournament. Tournaments are there so people can watch high level games and specially in a semis these are everywhere. I'd only give activity if the user in question was never online and never wanted to battle to begin with. Just give extension /shrugs, who care if finals starts Tuesday, Wednesday or Sunday, time is only man created we can forget about it to enjoy some battles. Though europe managers are dumbo for not making sure their player scheduled correctly. Bet none of you wants to win via activity anyways, cause that'd be sad.

dom

Banned deucer.
Can we not john or ignore the deadline. Both are unfun, and doesn't really define a tournament. Tournaments are there so people can watch high level games and specially in a semis these are everywhere. I'd only give activity if the user in question was never online and never wanted to battle to begin with. Just give extension /shrugs, who care if finals starts Tuesday, Wednesday or Sunday, time is only man created we can forget about it to enjoy some battles. Though europe managers are dumbo for not making sure their player scheduled correctly. Bet none of you wants to win via activity anyways, cause that'd be sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)