Tournament World Cup of Other Metagames IV - Captain Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
ACTUAL OMWC IMAGE NOT EDITED.png

Image by Ticken, edited by me​

Hello and welcome to the World Cup of Other Metagames! Like the last three years, players from across the globe join together in groups by their region to face off against all other regions and prove that they're the best. For those who are interested in taking role as a captain for the World Cup of Other Metagames, use this thread to sign up.

The metagames included in this year's WCOOM are:
  • SS Almost Any Ability
  • SS Balanced Hackmons
  • SS Camomons
  • SS Mix and Mega
  • SS NFE
  • SS STABmons

Format of the tour:
There will be 2 groups of 4 regions each. After 2 weeks of group stages, the top 2 teams from each group will move off into playoffs. This year, we will be using the groups by metagame system - you can see how it'll function here.
Each team will need to pick up 6 starters and 3 subs for a total of 9 people.
Captains are eligible to draft themselves as one of the 9 players.

Below find the tentative list of regions competing in this tournament.

Asia Pacific
Canada
France
Europe
UK
US Northeast
US South
US West

The above list is subject to change depending on player signups.

The eligibility requirements are the same as WCOP 2021 and can be found here. Replace any instances of WCOP 2020 with WCOOM III.

You are required to signup with a co-captain. As a captain, you will be expected to provide a lineup for each week and keep your team running. Alongside your signup, please pm myself and OM a preliminary list of your team. You may change this lineup up until player signups close. Note that you also need to sign up as a player if you intend to play.

You may still signup as captain to a region if your region is not listed in the tentative list - if we receive more than the anticipated 8 teams, we will have qualifiers round to determine the 8 teams competing to get into playoffs.

Signups close in 1 week - around the same time as when player signups closes. If you have any questions, you can ask either OM or myself.

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
You may still signup as captain to a region if your region is not listed in the tentative list - if we receive more than the anticipated 8 teams, we will have qualifiers round to determine the 8 teams competing to get into playoffs.
is this really necessary? it's looking like we'll have 10 teams this year (with china and la + spain) and it seems arbitrary to require that we have 8 teams in the tournament proper. don't think a qualifying round is fair to the teams that have to play off to qualify, it needlessly excludes people, and it's just a bit of a hassle. we had 10 teams in the first wcom and it worked out fine. 2 groups of 5, top 2 from each group go to playoffs. if the group stage needs to be a week longer to accommodate the extra match, that doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i dont wanna flood the thread too much but id be SO down for longer group stages, its pretty annoying to me how wc is like the second big om team tour but some of the teams literally get to play like 3 weeks compared to the 7 of ompl. seems way too short to me. 4 feels like a needed improvement

Andyboy and me
United States north east

love this guy beers best co calruqb someone could ever ask fore
Go home you're drunk.

Hi we're looking for new blood in NE so i'm open to tryouts in anything besides NFE (you can send me NFE replays if you want but I can't play at all i'm sorry). My schedule is fairly limited right now so PM me on Discord at Andy#1634 if you're interested and we'll set up a time. The more you can show me whether that's replays, teambuilding, ladder score, or playing against me, the better.

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Folks! Here's how we'll be moving forward with the pools phase of the tournament!

In order to accommodate everyone signing up, we'll be running with 10 teams for WCoOM IV, Two pools of 5 each. Due to the extra game being added, the preliminary phase of the tournament will be extended to 3 weeks as well.

I hope you're all excited to take your shot to earn the World Cup!

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Captain signups are now closed, here are your 10 regions & their captains.

If anything needs to be edited, it will be announced as such in a timely manner. If you are a captain but have not sent your lineup to me and sectonia, you should send it asap. The latest we will accept is Sunday.

Asia Pacific - Redflix MAMP
Canada - Jrdn Ren
China - Drogba In Shenhua cscl
France - Dragonillis LBDC
Europe - The Number Man Lasen
Hispanic - Nalorium Dorron
UK - xavgb willdbeast
US Northeast - Andyboy berry
US South - Quantum Tesseract beauts
US West - Kris Avery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)