Role Playing World's Largest Dungeon - Day 1

vonFiedler

Ridley is in Smash
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Moderator
Without much plan for setting up camp, all but Bleshet huddle in a circle waiting for enough time to pass that they might fall asleep. For several agonizing hours, they are only accompanied by the pound of hammer and chisel coming down the hallway.

3:50 PM

All but Trinno are suddenly attacked. They feel a sharp stabbing pain in their necks, as many spindly legs wrap around their shoulders. Before they can react, they start to feeling a bit woosy, taking 1 Con in damage. You are all also grappled.

Turning to get a good look at their attackers, they see insectoid creatures with two pairs of bat wings, a tangle of thin legs, and a needle sharp proboscis.

This strange flying creature is a stirge. You know all magical beast traits.


Moreover, something looks just wrong about it. You've never seen a stirge that looked quite so strangely sinister.

These have a fiendish taint to them. They must be from one of the lower planes. A fiendish creature is resistant to cold and fire. More powerful fiendish creatures can also resist weapon damage, but good-aligned weapons can still pierce their defenses.


Bleshet keeps pounding away, oblivious to these events. theangryscientist's turn.

 
Last edited:

theangryscientist

angry, not mad
is a Live Chat Contributor Alumnus
alright, i attempt to escape the grapple

<the_angry_scientist> 1d20+1 escape artist
<Alea> the_angry_scientist, escape artist: 16 [1d20=15]

if that gets me free, i attempt to 5 foot away from the stirges if possible
 
Last edited:

vonFiedler

Ridley is in Smash
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Moderator
You rip the stirge off of you, a bit of your blood trickling out of its proboscis. The stirge on Altezz maintains hold over him, continuing to drain blood. It deals another 1 Con damage.

LightWolf's turn.
 

vonFiedler

Ridley is in Smash
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Moderator
You rip it off, it tries to attack you again but you back up out of its reach, bumping back to back with Trinno. Meanwhile the stirge on Severian maintains its grapple, dealing another 1 Con damage.

Bleshet hears some distress calls coming through the halls.

Agape's turn
followed by
StarmanXL
MrcRanger97
 
Last edited:
Dropping masonry tools, move action to ready the rope I picked up in post #183, standard action to knot it as a simple lasso, then 5ft east.

Yelling: "I WILL PREPARE A ROPE BRIDGE FOR YOU TO CROSS IF YOU WANT TO RETREAT THIS WAY, THINK ON YOUR FEET!"

Intending to lasso the nail barrel Altezz left in the doorway, allowing the others to use the lasso I'm holding as a rope bridge to cross the trapped floor.
 

Ullar

A postman’s job is never done.
is a Live Chat Contributor
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAA BROBROBRO LOOK OUT!"

Using Mind Thrust on the stirge that Altezz is dealing with, surging that attack and asking it make a DC 14 Will save to avoid 14 dmg.

After that I pull out my short sword (DAMN YOU +0 BAB)
 

vonFiedler

Ridley is in Smash
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Moderator
The Mind Thrust drops the creature like a... well like a stirge I suppose. It falls to the floor and bleeds to death in less than six seconds. Dargon swipes a single claw as he is grappled, but it seems have had little effect.

LightWolf's turn
 

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Unless I can 5 foot and smack Dargon's Stirge, I hammer away at my own.

[11:51] <+LightWolf> 1d20+3
[11:51] <Alea> LightWolf, 1d20+3: 16 [1d20=13]
[11:51] <+LightWolf> 2d4+7
[11:51] <Alea> LightWolf, 2d4+7: 13 [2d4=2,4]

Again I forgot in my roll that I had +1 from favoured target since I have a move action either way, so +1 on each of those.
 

vonFiedler

Ridley is in Smash
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Moderator
((As Dargon is orange and you are purple...))

You swing at the beast hovering in front of you, and successfully knock it out of the air. It twitches for a short time on the ground before moving no longer.

The stirge next to Severian assaults him once more, attaching and dealing 1 Con damage.

Agape's turn
StarmanXL
MrcRanger97

((Not a very important map to post all changes considered, just demoing that I have figured out how to make maps MUCH bigger. Eat your heart out starman.))
 
Last edited:

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm moving to attack Orange Stirge

[02:33] <Alea> LightWolf, 1d20+3: 16 [1d20=13]
[02:33] <&Aura_Guardian> animate dead the spell at level 5 (cleric) gives 5 zombies a pop
[02:33] <%Ullar> well
[02:33] <+LightWolf> 2d4+7
[02:33] <Alea> LightWolf, 2d4+7: 10 [2d4=2,1]

If Orange Stirge dies I believe I can reach green stirge with a single move so that's option two.
 
Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Top