Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010 - OVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Worlds Last Chance Qualifier - Kona, HI - August 13, 2010

thanks to Sixonesix for the layout

Hilton Waikoloa Village
69-42 Waikoloa Beach Drive
Waikoloa, Hawaii 96738
Friday – Last Chance Qualifier
Senior Division Registration – 9:00AM-9:30AM
Junior Division Registration – 1:00PM-1:30PM
Unlike regionals, seniors are first up in worlds so plan for this!

The Worlds Last Chance Qualifier is, as the name implies, the very last chance for anyone without a Worlds invitation to qualify in the 2010 World Championships. The top 8 finishers from the LCQ will be invited to compete in the World Championships.

A couple of rules for this thread:
- Only discuss the Last Chance Qualifier here, as a proper Worlds thread already exists.
- All other forum rules apply (this means no talking about how to beat hack checks).

Other information:
Tournament Rules & Regulations
Team Information Sheet
Information
Frequently Asked Questions (Worlds)
Hotel Information

List of Smogoners planning to enter (if you are participating and are not on this list, post here and I'll add you):

OmegaDonut
Zog
ultimatedra
FMasamune
Wolf Illusion
xerograde
drcossack
NC
Ninahaza
GreySong
Winters Zombie
DaFlo

Wow, my only hope to attend is to win the lottery xD, but gl to everyone competing!! I'll be rooting for all of you ^^

At first I was thinking "Man, the Hawaii LCQ will be so easy! There will be like 10 people competing!" Then Cybertron pointed out that there will be Japanese competitors at this one... lots of them. Have fun getting your face crushed, all who are competing in this!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Hope it's not too off topic, but what do y'all think of the location of the "Very, VERY Last Chance Qualifier"? Are you happy with it because it's an amazing place, or are you unhappy with it because it's too expensive to get there?

At first I was thinking "Man, the Hawaii LCQ will be so easy! There will be like 10 people competing!" Then Cybertron pointed out that there will be Japanese competitors at this one... lots of them. Have fun getting your face crushed, all who are competing in this!
I dunno...getting to Hawaii from Japan is no easy feat either, since the distance between Japan and Hawaii is about the same as the distance between much of the Midwest and Hawaii.

Although I figure the ones that do show up are gonna be both really good and really dedicated.

I find the fact there is a last last chance THIS TIME FOR SERIOUS qualifier to be a little insulting, considering how much NA's top 16 in particular had to wade through to get this far. To them. I guess. However, since whining isn't gonna change anything, kick some ass for us, Donut!! About time for luck to swing your way by now, I'd think.

Would have loved to go, but while I "could" afford it, it's just way too pricey with how low the odds of surviving the LLLLLLCQ are. Hope any of you who do manage to go do well, we could really use some extra reps for the final dance.

Actually, yeah hax is the most. But we've had a lot of interesting teams made, especially Zerowing's. We haven't played the Japanese in games in this format, so we don't know, what we do know is that Smogon is dominating North America and we've got many great players. One of us Smogonites will win this thing.

Hey you're forgetting something important- I'm English. :D

I'm just going on a general holiday and wanted to make it to the worlds too. I'll be staying for the whole thing even if I don't qualify.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be attending, getting there through my sister who got the paid trip in the junior regionals.

Hmm... So how's it worth it? Isn't Hawaii Worlds the same as any other?
You are in a Tropical Vacation spot, and you expect me to do nothing but play Pokemon? HELL NO! Go swimming in the ocean, go through the lava tubes, and embrace the culture of Hawaii.

Lol. Hawaii is like every other worlds. HAHAHAHA!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's kind of nice to do it in Hawaii because then it's like the Nationals winners already won something! Free trip to Hawaii. At this point I'd be pretty content actually considering a trip to Hawaii is one of the choices for a prize at World's =P

Ah, that's what you were talking about. XD I get it now.

Yeah, I've never been to Hawaii. That's what I get for coming from India. XD
Is Kona close to numerous beaches or like the coastline or something because that would be perfect relaxation. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)