Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Hi everyone. I wanted to ask...Can I use your sprites for my FR hack?:3
I'd take it up with Layell first, and then each of the contributing spriters individually. The other issue would lie in the fact that FR/LG sprites are 64x64 pixels, so you'd need to increase the pixel limit if you wanted to include B/W/B2/W2 style sprites, which are 96x96 as is the case with this project. Granted, if both of those areas check out, I'd be willing to let you use mine as long as you give credit.

Anywho, for the main event, I finished up Braixen's backsprite finally.

Colors for the stick ripped from Sentret's sprite (the treasure trove of brown shades) with the outline color on the stick being shared with Combusken's orange. All colors otherwise ripped from Combusken. Comments and critiques are welcome as always.

Next target will probably be Noivern. Currently I'm just going through the chart and picking Pokemon that have No/No as their state of approval, so yeah. Also, just as an aside, but I'd appreciate it if someone could put my name in under Clawitzer, because currently I am unlisted for it. So yeah, Noivern and Mega Zam's backsprite should be coming up relatively soon.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I took the liberty of editing the Phantump sprites since its lack of tail was bothering me, plus I fixed some possible palette and proportions issues. The stump is still a tad too big relative to the body, though.
View attachment 2770 View attachment 2771

I'm not sure about its neck, I think it looks too much like it's anchored to its jaw.
You forgot to add phantrump's "tired eye" lines. dont really know what theyre called but the lines that go next to its eyes. Look at the picture here

Last edited:
You forgot to add phantrump's "tired eye" lines. dont really know what theyre called but the lines that go next to its eyes. Look at the picture here

edit: how do you use spoilers on this site?
Use [hid-e=] [/hide] tags. Remove the - , and the = lets you name the tab.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? ;__;
I mean that, at least to me, the head seems to be shifted backwards relative to the neck, something like this:
Code:
  __/\
_/   |
\_____\
 ||___
|     |
You forgot to add phantrump's "tired eye" lines.
Its right eye's is there, though it might not be that visible, I just couldn't find enough space for the other one. I didn't make the original sprite nor I present this as a final version, I just felt like addressing what I felt was a more relevant issue.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
can you add the same changes to the back, I can't see offhand exactly everything that was made. I won't implement the changes if front/back don't match.

Yeah, no problem. I'll have the back done by tomorrow
EDIT:
Or now, I can have it done by now:

And also:

Last edited:
TeraVolt yeah, it's static - It's a WIP, but I just wanted to throw in my agreement there :P I can't wait to see it when it's done, Dragalge is such a cool-looking 'mon~

I finished Trevenant~! And am working on Tyrantrum. I'll also finish Honedge soon as well.

Let me know if transparency is an issue. I had a problem with one frame on the back animation, but it SHOULD be fixed

also gah I can't get over this animation like it's so simple but fluid *___*

Last edited:
Fair enough, Use smooth flowing wings as a source to copy from.
Motion like this would be ideal for my favourite from Gen 6.

EDIT: In addition my Back sprite for Tyrunt is looking horrendous...

EDIT 2: I'm about 60% happy (Still hate it a lot) with the back sprite but I've cracked it at the legs, No matter what I do they just don't work, Gonna have a look around to see what other spriters have done on DA.
Tyrunt.png

Last edited:

i noticed that alot of the pyroar sprite were uh

low quality to put it nicely

so i went ahead and decided to contribute to the thread :^)

i would love constructive criticism pls

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
well it does look pretty big so you might want to shrink it a bit. Try comparing its size to the sprites already made. Also, its facing the wrong way. Should be facing to the left.

Hi there. I've been away for a while because my family went on a two-week vacation; that explains my inactivity in the project. But anyways, I did managed to do a quick QC for Espurr after the vacation.
Old Sprites
New Sprites

I guess you can say that I made some drastic changes from the original sprite but I did used the same color palette. The original sprites were not bad per se; they were actually quite good. However, I had several nitpicks about it that bugged me a bit. So, I decided to make some changes to hopefully make it better.

- Espurr's cheek fur should extend outside of his ears.
- Ears, and certain parts of the fur and the body were remodeled.
- The eyes were what bugged me the most. It looked odd and too near to each other. (Although now, I think I made it too far apart lol)
- White markings on the hands were missing.
- Tail on the back sprite was missing.

Quanyails, I hope it's okay if I did a QC of your sprite. :c

PS: I'm still working on Mega Gardevoir.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok quick stuff because I'm tired and have been working on other things for once

-That tyrunt is disproportionate so nope
-Seriously not going to upload any shiny sprites onto PS or smogon until their animations are done or being done, I'm tired of dealing with recolouring minor fixes, and the animator always likes to make a quick edit of the static for one reason or another. I might put them on the spread but don't expect to see them until animations.
-Thanks for editing things we made during the great leak period
-Don't expect me to upload changes if the front and back aren't changed together.

Oh some animations are up on PS aren't they wonderful. I've added the megas now too and they should show up soon.

94 Pixels high is huge for Pyroar. He's 1.5 Metres (4'11") tall, which is the same as Gengar who is 55 Pixels tall (A very small sprite to be honest), Swampert is also this height and only 58 Pixels, Salamence also this height and has is 71 pixels tall, 70 would be around my reccomendation. Try and get it to that.

EDIT: Layell, which part needs to be fixed, the head size? (The back sprite is F'd no doubt...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)