Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

The one big problem I see with that Delphox sprite is the whole positioning of the head, since normal battle sprites always (?) look towards the opponent (Mawile included, in some fashion) (since I mentioned Mawile, her second braid is still missing).
Also, may I have some kind of feedback about this Amaura? I know it wasn't needed, but I'd have appreciated any kind of comment at all, even the bluntest rejection possible.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The fact that this Delphox is a pixel over of the official art makes me really suspicious we won't have a backsprite any time soon. Plus I have only seen that wand in the official art, and not in-game. It looks so tight, too much random blacks, and it feels squished, and that is the problem of the art used plus the dumb long tail.

Menshay your Amaura is nice, it's just a case of my confidence in the one we already have. Yours has a really thick and stark black eye outline, the yellows aren't exactly gen5 style in my eyes, along with the eyebrow line shape being a bit wonky. Because your eyebrow lengths have inconsistent pixel growth it looks weird, but because your yellows are so bright they have sort of melded away, and when that colour needs to change it shows up more.

Yeah RedRooster, you add way to many random blacks to the outlines man. I'm looking at Mega Manectric as well in this. I'm confident Brobat has this, but if not I'll swing in after his edit.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
na Layell delphox does use the wand ingame whenever he uses sp atks. Still though. dont really think the wand should be included.

To be honest the problem with the Delphox sprite is that the pose is too dynamic - animating that will look very awkward.

If anything needs 'touching up' on that current Delphox sprite, it's the lack of feet at the bottom of the skirt - they are always visible at the angle you currently have it.

On a larger note, I feel like the angle of the sprite needs a lot of work - it seems like it's facing off at an awkward angle (facing too far to the left). Personally I feel like this angle would work best:

That way it's a similar angle to BW sprites and both eyes are visible (which is the reason why, imo, the current sprite looks awkward).

So are we sticking with the original delphox sprite, cause that's fine with me.
I just want to make sure before I did anything more with the sprite

We should tell the programmers of PS to rename the base Klefki name to "Boo Boo Keys"

In all seriousness now, I was thinking it would be cool if we kept the original delphox sprite but put the wand in one of her hands?
One, it looks pretty cool if you're holding a fiery stick wand thing.
Two, She does use it in game and it is a of the major part of braixen.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I know it(the spreadsheet) says don't bother reserving unconfirmed shit until it has good confirmation, but the guy who leaked 'em seems very reliable, his pics do look very believable and in general I'm itching to sprite volcanion or the meg latis, so I'd gladly be willing to make sprites for them, and if it comes to the worst and nintendo or game freak deconfirmes them, i can just keep them around my files forever

edit: also, if nobody made a volcanion sprite or the sprite project isn't officially using them, how did this picture get around?

I poked around showdowns code like I always do when these things happen but honestly I can't find anything about volcanion in either the client or the server code

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oof my secret has been found.

Yeah I have front sprites there, but I'm not in any way interested in working more on them when we are still missing a few backs. That and the only decent back shot we have of any of them is Diancie, so maybe once we finish up the stuff released I'll be concerned about the unreleased. They are really on there so if we suddenly get all the stats and moves that its implementation on PS can be done immediately.

As we learned with Mega-Venusaur you could always find a buttflower, I too believe the leaks but I'm waiting all the same for more documentation.

Also I think it's obvious from the sprite style who did them ;p consider this also my tribute to the most hilarious serebii slip up.

Im really close to finishing tyrantrum's front animation edit tho so its ok Layell. dont mind finishing up. Read your post wrong haha...

EDIT: Actually just finished Tyrantrum's front sprite just now so here it is.

Fixed his leg so hopefully it doesnt look like its deflating any more. Noticed the problem was that I made the top part of the leg move as well which just made it look weird so I kept the top of the leg static and let the rest of the leg move with slightly less movement. Was going to make his frills sway a bit but decided not to since its not really needed. Too much extra stuff for little results. Anyway, I'll do the same edit to his back sprite soon.

Oh and I can try adding rare animations to animations who lack them as well if needed. Going to finish what I'm doing first though.
Hi just a frequent PS! player, good job on the sprites and animations guys. Anyways maybe it's just me and my unfamiliarity with sprites and physics, but it just seems that tyrantrum is inflating in the animation, especially the thighs. Maybe this is just unavoidable with the movements but it just looks so awkward to me. Like I said not really familiar with spriting so I might sound idiotic ,but just an observation. Rare animation seems fine though. - Crazy Horse

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi just a frequent PS! player, good job on the sprites and animations guys. Anyways maybe it's just me and my unfamiliarity with sprites and physics, but it just seems that tyrantrum is inflating in the animation, especially the thighs. Maybe this is just unavoidable with the movements but it just looks so awkward to me. Like I said not really familiar with spriting so I might sound idiotic ,but just an observation. Rare animation seems fine though. - Crazy Horse
well I guess I can reduce the leg movement a bit more along with fixing his tail but since i got projects and finals in a couple weeks my progress will be a little slow

and those updates look great princess! the 4 days of working on them is definitely worth it :)

PoM, you're technically right re: 16 being the right number, but the problem is that (iirc) transparency counts as a colour, which is why you're limited to 15 "actual" colours.

Nothing more to add, just wanted to throw in the logic behind limiting ourselves to 15.

Jeez, I haven't posted here in at least five days. Talk about a relentless holiday homework schedule. EDIT: Who am I kidding, I've been EV training and IV breeding the past two days. Anyways, I finally made some progress on some sprites again.

So I noticed that in the list of suggestions on Mega Aggron's proportions, someone mentioned that i could probably salvage the backsprite if I just made it more apparent that the tail was getting smaller. So, since it seemed like the easiest fix I could make, I have the editted version using a less-foreshortened tail. The newly editted version is the middle one, and it actually has the same height as the Front Sprite. So yeah. If I still need to do work on this, let me know, although I think this alleviates the main issue with the sprite. I have time to burn this Thanksgiving, so hit me with any ideas.

And then I also finally made a backsprite for Scatterbug. So yeah.

More sprite updates to come in the future. Going to probably work on Doublade next due to a personal request.

Jeez, I haven't posted here in at least five days. Talk about a relentless holiday homework schedule. EDIT: Who am I kidding, I've been EV training and IV breeding the past two days. Anyways, I finally made some progress on some sprites again.

So I noticed that in the list of suggestions on Mega Aggron's proportions, someone mentioned that i could probably salvage the backsprite if I just made it more apparent that the tail was getting smaller. So, since it seemed like the easiest fix I could make, I have the editted version using a less-foreshortened tail. The newly editted version is the middle one, and it actually has the same height as the Front Sprite. So yeah. If I still need to do work on this, let me know, although I think this alleviates the main issue with the sprite. I have time to burn this Thanksgiving, so hit me with any ideas.

And then I also finally made a backsprite for Scatterbug. So yeah.

More sprite updates to come in the future. Going to probably work on Doublade next due to a personal request.
No complaints any of the sprites themselves, there's just a wild black pixel above the Scatterbug backsprite. Looking forward to an updated Doublade sprite (would suggest doing a Spewpa sprite afterwards for consistency purposes).

Keep up the good work :) (though part of me wishes I had some QC to do...xD)

aXl said:
Going to probably work on Doublade next due to a personal request.
o.O how do ppl keep reading my mind???

Well considering that AXl is better than I am, I might as well let him do it.

Oooookayyyy I think I'll now do a Swirlix. I'm really fond of that cute little thing. And its cuter than Carbink! Do ye hear me princess? =3

Last edited:
princessofmusic : Since it seems very important to you, I'll re-start working on Noivern's sprite as well. Currently, the main issue I'm going to have with Noivern is that I'm not satisfied with any of the Noivern poses I have access to, so what I'll likely do is sketch out a few potential ideas and then post them up here first. This could take awhile, so yeah. On that note, do you guys think Noivern would look better flying or perched? That will change up the sprite's look immensely, so I'm curious to know which you'd all prefer as a quick survey of interest.

Also, in regards to Scatterbug, I based his sprite off of the Pokedex data rather than the Pokeball release image, so most of the fish-eye was alleviated as a result. Its body certainly looks bigger in the Sugomori artwork, but if spriting Mega Aggron taught me anything, it's that the Sugomori art is not always anatomically correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)