Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

View attachment 48951 I wasn't sure if it was ok to change this, but my OCD can't take it anymore, the dark colored version on Showdown really bothers me.

Ples don't shoot me Cynical
Well, only since you asked nicely. But yeah, as Splash said, the Showdown one isn't updated. aXl actually updated Mega Altaria earlier, but he never changed the pallet. So here's my take on it:
M Altaria.PNG

I wanted to try and put the pink highlights on the clouds, but I don't know if it's really necessary at this point.

Well, only since you asked nicely. But yeah, as Splash said, the Showdown one isn't updated. aXl actually updated Mega Altaria earlier, but he never changed the pallet. So here's my take on it:
View attachment 48969
I wanted to try and put the pink highlights on the clouds, but I don't know if it's really necessary at this point.
Ok cool, sorry I couldn't help it with Altaria, since it was the only mega I called right. Will it be updated anytime soon then?

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I've finished up the old gen PS backgrounds, so here is a small thing.

Colours are now ALL GOOD in terms of shiny changing, nobody should touch them. I might do a bit more line editing (or someone else can).

If you edit this, edit the shiny because trust me it will save you headaches.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Pokemon Z is technically confirmed
I'll just put this here for now
SquishySprite.png
Not really the best atm, but I'll edit it later.
I guess, we'll need the dog and giant guy too, at least the giant guy from the looks of Serebii's news.

Little Zyblob looks so squishy and cute in that sprite, Princess. I'm afraid I'd kill it if I hugged it. D:

*EDIT*
LOOK WHAT YOU GUYS MADE ME DO! I TOLD YOU ALL! D:
Zygarde Cell.PNG

But on a serious note, I made the Cell Forme. I'm wondering if this is more of an anime thing, or if it'll actually have a role in the games.

Last edited:
I feel like the 10, 50, and Complete forms will all be playable in the game and I feel like 1 or 2 more forms may be introduced later, but the blobs will now be playable, only mentioned.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
I feel like the 10, 50, and Complete forms will all be playable in the game and I feel like 1 or 2 more forms may be introduced later, but the blobs will now be playable, only mentioned.
Little Zyblob looks so squishy and cute in that sprite, Princess. I'm afraid I'd kill it if I hugged it. D:

*EDIT*
LOOK WHAT YOU GUYS MADE ME DO! I TOLD YOU ALL! D:
View attachment 49797
But on a serious note, I made the Cell Forme. I'm wondering if this is more of an anime thing, or if it'll actually have a role in the games.
Brain thing doesn't seem to be needing any sprites as it doesn't even know any moves according the released news. It's probably good to have it. Power rangers giant robot-zygarde has official height and weight iirc, so I think that's official to be used, along with the dog being known to attack.

We might as well make sprites of all of them just in case so when they are announced to actually be in the game, they would be there.

Brain thing doesn't seem to be needing any sprites as it doesn't even know any moves according the released news. It's probably good to have it. Power rangers giant robot-zygarde has official height and weight iirc, so I think that's official to be used, along with the dog being known to attack.

We might as well make sprites of all of them just in case so when they are announced to actually be in the game, they would be there.
Zygarde Core can use moves, Cell can't. Zygarde Cell are literally merely the cells that Zygarde Core calls upon to combine with and take on the higher Formes. Just putting that out there.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Zygarde Core can use moves, Cell can't. Zygarde Cell are literally merely the cells that Zygarde Core calls upon to combine with and take on the higher Formes. Just putting that out there.
Exactly, I probably made it more confusing than it needed to be. But yeah all of the forms can attacks except the cell guys.

holy shit what am I doing here I should be taping garbage bags to my arms to provide propulsion and lift right now

oh hey yeah backsprites that's why

So yeah, basically fixed up the backsprite and played around with the cloud textures some more. Not sure what the current color pallet we're using is, so if someone can point me to that, I'll gladly recolor and update it. Any other comments would also be appreciated, as I've been off my pixel game for awhile now and probably screwed something up somewhere.

Architecture's rough rn, but I'll see if I can't get more work done on some more sprites sometime in the future. +)

Also, that first line wasn't a joke. Architecture just takes you weird places sometimes.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
How do I post to this thing thing instead of replying? (Sorry i'm new here)
not sure if this the right thread to reply this to...
Well it looks like you just found out, if your looking to submit a sprite to this I usually copy + paste in the space, or use our upload a file button at the bottom right. We also have an image link feature for you to link images that are already uploaded on another site.

Happy Spriting.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think that Glalie could use a few more frames, also I didn't approve any ORAS megas for animation X_X

Anyways some in progress I'm leaving right now

Not sure when I'll be able to get back to this, so someone can put up some more edits if they would like.

Here's my monthly update for October:

View attachment 51483
View attachment 51484

Minor fixes and updated the shiny colours. Layell made Barbaracle's top hand eyes green )':

View attachment 51485
View attachment 51486

Tiny adjustments on Clawitzer's outlines and changed some of Clauncher's colours to match.

View attachment 51494

Removed some extra colours and made the shiny palette more accurate.

misc. edits:

And the grand finale:

View attachment 51754
View attachment 51488

Posting these as a group because I don't have the patience or energy to export 60+ individual files today. Florges is done (I hope). It actually doesn't fit into 16 colours but it's impossible for it to without having the colours be inaccurate.

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
Awu those aren't completed sprites, not much point making shinies for things we haven't finished yet. Megas in partcular that share the same shiny palette aren't necessary either. We will just have to do it again once they are done, and since those are megas we have 90% of the palette colors anyways.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Awu those aren't completed sprites, not much point making shinies for things we haven't finished yet. Megas in partcular that share the same shiny palette aren't necessary either. We will just have to do it again once they are done, and since those are megas we have 90% of the palette colors anyways.
Oh my bad sorry I missread the google doc and the blue color, I thought it was for finished front and back sprites.

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wanted to fix the hair's and the tail's curve on layell's sprite:

Underneath the hair there is also a yellow streak, but I don't know if what I did was any help to it at all.
There's still a problem with the rear, but I have no clue as to what to do.

Reisen

Translations Project Creator
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've seen in the todo list that we could fix mega tyranitar's spikes, here is my work:

Before:
After:

EDIT: Is it necessary to get the middle spike on the tail for the front sprite ?
Before:
After:
-> EDIT: added the tail's middle spike:

Modifications:
I tried to make the spikes looking sharper. Made slight modifications on the back sprite concerning the spikes on the left side and also on the tail.
I based my work on these gif.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)