XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

The EP was dropped so I'm reserving Snorlax again.

I was told I had to give some reasons for why I considered Regirock OU meterial, so I'll elaborate a bit.
  • 80/200/100 defenses and pure Rock typing (no 4x Fighting weakness. No Fairy or Bug weakness) make it an overall far bulkier pokemon than Tyranitar in the sand, having only slightly less HP but nearly double the Df.
  • His stats make him the best switch into powerful new Flying moves like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame outside of Mega Aggron, whose Rock STAB threatens both of them with a OHKO.
  • +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Aerialate Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Regirock: 48-57 (13.18 - 15.65%) -- 9HKO at best +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Regirock: 246-290 (67.58 - 79.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (252 HP / 0 Df can switch into +2 Quick Attack and still survive +2 EQ afterwards 100% of the time.
  • 252 SpA Charizard Y SolarBeam vs. Assault Vest 252 HP / 252 SpD Regirock: 160-190 (43.95 - 52.19%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA (custom) Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252 SpD Regirock in sun: 90-106 (24.72 - 29.12%) -- possible 5HKO (Can switch into Fire Blast and survive Solar Beam)
  • Curse sets, Assault Vest sets, Weakness Policy + Rest Talk sets are all viable with his great bulk and sufficient offenses and attack pool.
  • Access to Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Elemental Punches, Stealth Rock, Edge Quake, Superpower, Hammer Arm, Body Slam, Focus Punch, Thunder Wave, Substitute and Toxic.
If not convinced then I'll opt for Haxorus instead. Thank you,.

The EP was dropped so I'm reserving Snorlax again.

I was told I had to give some reasons for why I considered Regirock OU meterial, so I'll elaborate a bit.
  • 80/200/100 defenses and pure Rock typing (no 4x Fighting weakness. No Fairy or Bug weakness) make it an overall far bulkier pokemon than Tyranitar in the sand, having only slightly less HP but nearly double the Df.
  • His stats make him the best switch into powerful new Flying moves like Mega Pinsir and Talonflame outside of Mega Aggron, whose Rock STAB threatens both of them with a OHKO.
  • +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Aerialate Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Regirock: 48-57 (13.18 - 15.65%) -- 9HKO at best +2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Regirock: 246-290 (67.58 - 79.67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (252 HP / 0 Df can switch into +2 Quick Attack and still survive +2 EQ afterwards 100% of the time.
  • 252 SpA Charizard Y SolarBeam vs. Assault Vest 252 HP / 252 SpD Regirock: 160-190 (43.95 - 52.19%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA (custom) Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 252 SpD Regirock in sun: 90-106 (24.72 - 29.12%) -- possible 5HKO (Can switch into Fire Blast and survive Solar Beam)
  • Curse sets, Assault Vest sets, Weakness Policy + Rest Talk sets are all viable with his great bulk and sufficient offenses and attack pool.
  • Access to Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Elemental Punches, Stealth Rock, Edge Quake, Superpower, Hammer Arm, Body Slam, Focus Punch, Thunder Wave, Substitute and Toxic.
If not convinced then I'll opt for Haxorus instead. Thank you,.
Talked it over with QC, and we agreed that Regirock is not deserving of an OU analysis. Nothing really changed since last gen that made Regirock better or more deserving to see the light in OU. It's weak, it's vulnerable due to its relatively bad mono Rock typing, and it's more or less outclassed by other physical walls/Tyranitar/etc. Assault Vest sets are superbly weak, and the other sets you mentioned are worthless at best and gimmicks at the least. Sorry. You can have Haxorus, however.

I'll take muh bros Haxorus, and Metagross
Haxorus is reserved.

I'll reserve chandelure...if not then chesnaught
You can have Chandelure.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Tyranitar is now ready for QC. I'll try to get Azumarill's skeleton completely finished by Saturday. I've been busy as hell this week.

With the unfortunate dropping of Jolteon, I would like to turn to his brother and reserve Vaporeon

EDIT: Victini is also ready for QC. Also, I'll be out of town for the next few days (early xmas stuff), so I won't be checking this again until Monday, just wanted to you guys know.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stone RG reserved Pinsir five days ago and hasn't posted a skeleton for it yet. If it's considered dropped because of this, reserving it.

lab report ᐛ
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have finished writing up Cresselia and it is now in need of a 3rd QC check. Because the writing of Cresselia is now complete I'd like to reserve Ditto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)