XY OU Analysis Reservation Index - READ CAREFULLY (MAKING A NEW THREAD)

My only real concern with keeping the analyses separate is consistency. Not only are we separating the two Mega Charizard forms from each other, but we're separating them from Charizard itself. No other Pokemon with a Mega form gets this kind of treatment, regardless of whether their normal forms are unviable, outclassed by the Mega form, or viable and distinct from the Mega form altogether. If you look at the Ubers Analyses section, you'll also notice that Mewtwo (the only other Pokemon with two Mega forms) only has one big analysis, not two separate ones for each Mega form (although I suppose you could argue that it's because regular Mewtwo is still viable enough on its own).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this since I really don't feel that strongly about whether the analyses are merged or not. It's just that I'll always have a bit of an OCD moment when we have two separate analyses for Charizard on one side and a Mewtwo analysis that covers both Mega forms on the other.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My only real concern with keeping the analyses separate is consistency. Not only are we separating the two Mega Charizard forms from each other, but we're separating them from Charizard itself. No other Pokemon with a Mega form gets this kind of treatment, regardless of whether their normal forms are unviable, outclassed by the Mega form, or viable and distinct from the Mega form altogether. If you look at the Ubers Analyses section, you'll also notice that Mewtwo (the only other Pokemon with two Mega forms) only has one big analysis, not two separate ones for each Mega form (although I suppose you could argue that it's because regular Mewtwo is still viable enough on its own).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this since I really don't feel that strongly about whether the analyses are merged or not. It's just that I'll always have a bit of an OCD moment when we have two separate analyses for Charizard on one side and a Mewtwo analysis that covers both Mega forms on the other.
I think the reason main Mewtwo is only getting one analysis is because Mewtwo itself is a very good Pokemon, so if it were going to be treated like Charizard's analysis, it would probably be divided into three separate analysis, which is just plain silly. Also, Mewtwo Y is very similar in many ways to regular Mewtwo itself, so it can easily be merged with one of the offensive Mewtwo sets, while Mewtwo X has its own sets. Charizard itself is an awful Pokemon, and not even Charizard Y is comparable in any way to regular Charizard, meaning that there's very little reason to even mention Charizard anyway, because you'll ONLY be focusing on its Mega Evolutions. While the Mewtwo analysis also talks about both Mega Evolutions, it also talks specifically about Mewtwo itself, which is most likely the biggest reason why separating the analysis would be stupid. If Charizard was viable outside of its Mega Evolutions, then I would probably prefer them merged, but because it's terrible, I still think separating them would make more sense.

Last edited:
Has Gliscor's analysis been started? It's in the In Progress list but there hasn't been at least a skeleton made since it was reserved over a month ago.

CanadianWifier

Run Away With Me
Got swamped with finals the past week or so, if someone else wants to take over Diggersby, go for it.
If not, I can have a skeleton up within a 24 hours or so

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
I would also like to reserve Sableye. As I have not finished Gourgeist-S, this is my limit for now.
(gourgeist-S is ready for QC too)

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I find it amusingly coincidental that Gourgeist-H is up for grabs after I'd finished Trevenant. Reserve pls.

I'd like to do an analysis on Slurpuff. I know it got closed in the OU subforum, but I believe it has uses in OU. With a spread of 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe, it outspeeds all Scarfed 91 and above, and at Belly Drum it reaches 1126 Attack, which is higher than a Choice Band Deoxys-A's Attack (if I did the math correctly) and it can always 2HKO Skarmory:
24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
I'd honestly love an explanation as to why it is so not viable? Skarmory?
24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 280-332 (81.3 - 96.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 246-290 (80.6 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If you haven't Belly Drummed yet, Scizor is beat 56.3% time, but with this:
24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 280-332 (81.3 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
Just one layer and it can easily beat Scizor, hazards are necessary to Slurpuff's sweep, as it honestly isn't even the most powerful, so the chipping of damage is just amazing.

Reactions: trc
Slurpuff's about as viable in OU as Linoone. Linoone's pretty shitty.
Except that Linoone has worse stats everywhere - bar Speed, but Unburden, not a useless ability, and that Slurpuff has a way to actually beat Steel-types and has a far better typing, the two are not similar in any way besides the access to Belly Drum.

Except that Linoone has worse stats everywhere - bar Speed, but Unburden, not a useless ability, and that Slurpuff has a way to actually beat Steel-types and has a far better typing, the two are not similar in any way besides the access to Belly Drum.
Surpluff gets shit on by priority and common mons like Aegislash, not to mention that its completely outclassed by Azumarill, who has better stats, typing, movepool, and versatility.
I see no reason for it to receive an analysis.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Chesnaught, give the set and at least...5 replays of it doing well. Also describe it some, like traits and stuff. I can't fairly assess it without these things.

Chesnaught, give the set and at least...5 replays of it doing well. Also describe it some, like traits and stuff. I can't fairly assess it without these things.
Okie, well here's one:
(Sorry didn't realize the opponents pokemon were all level 50!)
Will update with more~

And the set:
Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 24 SAtk / 232 Spd / 252 Atk
Naughty Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Flamethrower

And some traits:

• Solid Fairy-typing
    • Powerful STAB - albeit somewhat unreliable with 90% accuracy (just like Azumarill)
    • Outspeeds everything bar Deoxys-S in OU
    • Can get past the common Steel-Types:
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 204-244 (57.9 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Forretress: 352-416 (99.4 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aegislash-Blade: 202-238 (77 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Lucario: 156-184 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (not that it matters, also:
      252 Atk Adaptability Mega Lucario Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 216-256 (70.8 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO)
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 244-288 (86.2 - 101.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    • 24 SpA Slurpuff Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Skarmory: 158-186 (47.3 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
    • Beats Mega Venusaur 1v1, unlike Azu:
      +6 252+ Atk Slurpuff Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 294-347 (80.7 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
    • Beats Mega Charizard (both) 1v1, unlike Azu
    • Can deal with Rotom-W, unlike Azu:
      +6 252+ Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 319-376 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    • Also, it does get outsped by Scarf Gene, but:
      4 Atk Genesect Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 230-272 (75.4 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    • But that's getting the boot soon anyways, so.
    • Gets through Dragonite's Multiscale:
    • +6 252+ Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 484-570 (149.8 - 176.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    • Actually has better stats than Azumarill, bar HP.
How does it get shit on by priority?
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 272-324 (88.8 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 246-290 (80.3 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slurpuff: 91-108 (29.7 - 35.2%) -- 16.8% chance to 3HKO
It doesn't take shit from ExtremeSpeed or any other common Priority, it should Belly Drum right away, but it doesn't have to, so it can beat these threats with a little bit of waring down beforehand. Or you can just switch, which does get rid of your Unburden, but of course it is scared of something it's weak to, everything is.

Last edited:

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't like your replay (bad opp), but it's a yes from me. Consider CM, too.

Wait for a few others before you start.

Okie, well here's one:
I'm genuinely disgusted by the fact that you honestly felt the need to provide us with that one atrocious log to make your case. If anything, that single-handedly destroyed any kind of potential Slurpuff had at being accepted for an OU analysis. To begin with, I have no idea why anyone would even bother using this thing over literally any other late-game sweeper and am curious as to why Jukain feels otherwise. Unless I'm provided with legitimate proof that Slurpuff is in fact a viable and effective Pokemon to use in OU in practice, I'm rejecting it without any further thought.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)