Sticky X/Y Sprite Project

Just finished with my new meowstic sprites.
I hope it's alright unlike the delphox sprite I did.
View attachment 4841
And the original ones for reference.

Hope you like, and i'll do a back for them soon.
I quite like those Meowstic sprites, just think there are a couple of issues (I'll post what I've done with the sprites myself)
1. The palette seems a tad dark (particularly in relation to the male form), so the details are sort of missed.
2. The eyes for both forms appear too far down the face and as such the whole face looks disfigured.
3. The head for the male form seems a bit too wide given the space between the head and body on the right side of the sprite. Part of me reckons switching the direction of the fur collar would go some way to rectifying this.
4. Small final thing was the size of the mouth - given the palette, the mouth looked too wide, and made the pair look derpy.

Anyway, here's my update on them:

Meowstic.png

princessofmusic : Since it seems very important to you, I'll re-start working on Noivern's sprite as well. Currently, the main issue I'm going to have with Noivern is that I'm not satisfied with any of the Noivern poses I have access to, so what I'll likely do is sketch out a few potential ideas and then post them up here first. This could take awhile, so yeah. On that note, do you guys think Noivern would look better flying or perched? That will change up the sprite's look immensely, so I'm curious to know which you'd all prefer as a quick survey of interest.

Also, in regards to Scatterbug, I based his sprite off of the Pokedex data rather than the Pokeball release image, so most of the fish-eye was alleviated as a result. Its body certainly looks bigger in the Sugomori artwork, but if spriting Mega Aggron taught me anything, it's that the Sugomori art is not always anatomically correct.
I would say flying - when perched, the insides of the wing aren't really visible, so it makes a sprite of Noivern look far darker as a result.

Legitimate Username

NO PLAN SURVIVES
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Happy Thanksgiving! Here's something thoroughly unrelated.

I'll be totally honest, this was easily the most difficult animation I've done so far, for a multitude of reasons not really worth sharing. Due to this, I've decided to post the "finished" frontsprite without having done much with the back yet. It is also due to these reasons that I may take a break from Mega Gardevoir and give Aegislash's animation a shot in the meantime.

Of course you've noticed that I animated the shiny rather than the regular. This of course is due to colouring abnormalities. I have a feeling that some of you will be tempted to recolour this to the regular version, and I'd just like to say DO NOT. In all likelihood, this is NOT THE FINAL VERSION and when I feel that it's ready (which will definitely not be before the backsprite is done), I WILL RECOLOUR IT MYSELF.

Anyways, does anyone know of an easy way to edit framerates? Pivot lacks the precision I need, GIMP is absolute garbage at it, and LunaPic, while fairly competent, can only work as far as centiseconds when I need to edit milliseconds (specifically, each frame here should be 65ms rather than 70ms).

Hi guys (Nobody ever says gals, lol), I'm new here :D

I found this like a few days ago and I'd love to help, if I can. I'm only a rookie at making sprites (Suck at back sprites and don't know terms like QC, Generation 5 style, etc.), but I can help with editing or doing them.

I did do a Chespin and Froakie sprite to show my skills. (I'm still having trouble working on Froakie)

I love Pangoro's sprite, but Pancham's sprite looks a little weird to me. Here's my version of the sprite as well as the current sprite. (I also tried a front sprite for Fletchling after reading princessofmusic's post)

Btw I have no idea why, but it looks like my Pancham's sprite is so small, while Fletchling is 1 ft shorter than him. I used Teddiursa for height reference for Pancham and Taillow for Fletchling :\
I hope my sprites are alright?

My preference is spriting smaller Pokemon :)

Last edited:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
hey legit that mega gardevoir looks great. I love how you made the dress flow so nicely. Altho tho only thing is that the opening in the dress does get rather large. Large enough that there really isnt any way her legs wouldnt be visible even tho I know you probably rather avoid using legs at all.

her regular form has an opening that big but its in an angle that her legs dont have to be visible.

I know I havent finished anything for a week but I'll get back into it next week when Im done with projects :)

and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ok on that Carbink thing have you seen that new pokemon annoucment Diancie? It looks like a carbink evolution imo... Look at bottom half of one of those screenshots.

But on the topic of Mega Aggron, the frontsprite's white look a bit too... Bright. I kinda would like to see its whites darkened a bit.
o.O how do ppl keep reading my mind???

Well considering that AXl is better than I am, I might as well let him do it.

Oooookayyyy I think I'll now do a Swirlix. I'm really fond of that cute little thing. And its cuter than Carbink! Do ye hear me princess? =3
Ok on that Carbink thing have you seen that new pokemon annoucment Diancie? It looks like a carbink evolution imo... Look at bottom half of one of those screenshots.

But on the topic of Mega Aggron, the frontsprite's white look a bit too... Bright. I kinda would like to see its whites darkened a bit.

The whites are taken from normal Aggron, actually. Base Aggron's whites probably look darker due to the higher ratio of blacks and grays to white. But yeah, maybe I'll play with it a bit and see.

princessofmusic : Since it seems very important to you, I'll re-start working on Noivern's sprite as well. Currently, the main issue I'm going to have with Noivern is that I'm not satisfied with any of the Noivern poses I have access to, so what I'll likely do is sketch out a few potential ideas and then post them up here first. This could take awhile, so yeah. On that note, do you guys think Noivern would look better flying or perched? That will change up the sprite's look immensely, so I'm curious to know which you'd all prefer as a quick survey of interest.
Flying! Definitely! (:

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Flying! Definitely! (:

I dunno... I kinda like that pose when hes on the ground ifff we make his hand touch the ground too. Just because there are things in the animation we can make it do besides flapping his wings. Oh but what if we make the animation like emolga where he sometimes land? Probably would be tough to pull off though since he doesnt glide around like emolga. but just throwing it out there.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If we are talking pom's fletch and other birds, I approve them all yes that is good things.

I'll update everything and send it in to PS and smogon tomorrow I am tired now.

Actually, I plan to start spriting for my deviantart account. I don't care if its replaced. I just wanna make it.

I totally forgot about my pancham, haha! I need to work on its backsprite. Like what aXl or ito or whoever mentioned about the cape and shading and stuff

EDIT: Yeah finished the skiddo sprite. Once again, this is for my DA account, soooo you ppl can take it if you want

princessofmusic said:
Alright, cool beans. Good luck with your account.
Aww, thanks Princess!

I know that the wings need to move. I'm trying to make it a lot like taillow.

I'll need to fix it up a bit more.

EDIT: Added some gap between each time it rocks its head, and slowed it down a bit.

Princess, could you explain HOW exactly you want the wings to move? That way, I can do it more easily.

@ Fletchling animation Slow it a bit, but also, the head movements are SUUUUUUUPER jerky. Like I know pokemon animations aren't clean animations, but they're a bit smoother than that still. Like, one frame in between there even might be enough.

EDIT lol accidentally tagged member

This thing was almost too much fun for me to work with. And I have absolutely no idea why. Maybe it was something to do with all of the geometry going on in the sprite. But yeah, something about this particular sprite seemed very refreshing and awesome to me. But yeah, Doublade sprites. All of the silvers are ripped from Honedge, and all of the gold/(dun?) was ripped from Honedge as well, barring the highlight which was taken from Shiny Numel (no idea why I chose it either.) The pinks and purples were likewise ripped from Shiny Swampert.

Now that that's done with, I can dedicate more of my energy to making Noivern's sprite. I'll probably work o some rough sketches throughout the week and will report back if I need any of your guys' opinions on posing. In regards to the flying picture of Noivern that's been circulating the forum, I feel I couldn't use it as a straight reference, as it would have very thin wings as a result. I'd like to show off all parts of noivern adequately if at all possible. But again, I'll see what I can come up with, and at the very worst, I can always fall back on that as a default.

Might see a few more small sprites over the course of the week, but I'll be primarily doing those as breaks from Noivern, so yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)