Your Breeding/Catching Wins

For me I got my first win today. I just got a hidden ability treecko from a nice person here(in pokemon X), and bred it with a ditto with perfect normal attack normal defence and speed ivs (I love you, friend safari), while the ditto held a destiny knot. After this I decided to check the ivs of the 15-20ish treeckos, grabbed 5 random ones from the pc box I kept the ones with the hidden ability in. First one I check via the iv checker in Kiloude City, 4 perfect ivs, perfect HP, DEF, SP DEF and Speed. My first reaction was this O_O then me screaming "HOLY CRAAAAP" at the top of my lounges inside my head.

I know this is nothing compared to some people but I just started breeding these pokemon two hours ago! And I sort of haven't really been breeding perfect iv pokemon for that long. (Few months) And when I checked the odds of this on the destiny knot calculator thing the odds were something like 0.009763%...I just got a shiny geodude in a horde battle a few days ago.

So go ahead and post your catching/breeding wins here.

Edit, I knew something like this was going to happen second treecko I check perfect def, spdef, and speed.

Edit again, third treecko has perfect HP, DEF, and special defence.

Third edit, fith treecko perfect Hp, def, and special defence.

Fourth edit, seventh treecko, perfect HP, atk, defence, and special defence. I swear I am not hacking, and do not even know how to RNG, but seriously WTF?
Note to game I am not complaining, please keep doing this, because I love you.

Thirty two minutes and 7-8 pokemon later: fith edit, perfect Hp, defence, special defence, and speed treecko. Moderators please don't ban me for using hacks, I'm going WTF as much or more than you are.

Last edited:
When I was hatching Zubat, after I don't even want to think of how many, the first one in a batch of four (that's how many I hatch at one time before checking and then Wonder Trading) was shiny and had Infiltrator. Perfect everything but attack, but being male helped almost immediately breed the perfect Noibat.

I got a Modest Deino off Wonder Trade that was otherwise perfect, and I stuck it with my Timid Charizard that's perfect. First egg I hatch is perfect while the other three all lack speed.

As for catching, I caught a Chingling that had perfect everything but Sp. Def and Speed. (one more than what's guaranteed)

About a week and a half ago I was breeding something - I don't remember, maybe Furfrou - and I was trying to get flawless females from my hex flawless Ditto and flawed parent to use as a future breeding parent (5 IV flawless and four egg moves).

I hit a dry streak, in a sense, because I wasn't getting any females; I had about 15 or so males in a row, but I knew they all had at minimum 4 IVs - mainly flawed 5 IVs.

After the third batch (of 5 'mons each, all of them male -_- ), I flew to Kiloude City to check the IVs of my male army and, lo and behold, THREE of them were hex flawless.

Three out of 15 'mons. I don't exactly know the probability of that, but I think it works out to about less than .5%. Something like that, with that small a sample size.

I've bred lots of 6 31 IV Pokemon which is pretty lucky, not too useful though as a Pokemon only really needs 5 except mixed attackers. I love getting Pokemon on Wonder Trade and breeding them for competitive use. My best ever hatch was a shiny Bulbasaur!

I was breeding Trapinch in Platinum - I wanted a Defogger for Gen 6 - and one of the first ones I hatched had a perfect attack IV right out of nowhere. I immediately used it for breeding every Trapinch from then on.

a couple months ago, i was breeding darmanitan. as soon as i got a 4 IV parent, switched it in the daycare, and checked my first batch of five eggs.

4 flawless in the batch, including my new female parent.

Hatching a few HA sableye with a 3 iv ditto one of the first 6-7 or so ended up having 4 perfect ivs! And I think it's a female so I can breed it with my male original HA sableye.

Ahh pokemon, the only game where inbreeding actually procudes stronger versions of the species. :D

Here are my two favorite moments:
1) I needed a Jolly Terrakion for my Sandstorm team, so I went to where Terrakion was and I actually caught one that was Jolly in a regular Poké Ball.
2) I was breeding some Pokémon for my cousin and one of those was Vaporeon. Since I have a Level 100 6IV Vaporeon with Wish (it's the one I regularly use on my actual team), I just grabbed it and my 6IV Ditto and started breeding. The first egg had everything but Atk. It was beautiful.

Got a perfect iv anylitic magnimite yesterday, time to now start breeding for a minus speed + spA natured magnimite with 0 speed ivs.....FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML

I was playing a randomizer mode on a fan-made game. The first Pokémon I encountered in the wild was a Lugia. I actually saw that as a bad mon to find this early because the catch rate was only 3. But, after my Drowsee got it to 1HP and put it to sleep, I caught it with my third Poké Ball. It became the main Pokémon in my party, ànd easily swept the first gym.

I was playing a randomizer mode on a fan-made game. The first Pokémon I encountered in the wild was a Lugia. I actually saw that as a bad mon to find this early because the catch rate was only 3. But, after my Drowsee got it to 1HP and put it to sleep, I caught it with my third Poké Ball. It became the main Pokémon in my party, ànd easily swept the first gym.
You should have gotten some sort of award for that. Like a giant trophy.

I actually have a similar story. I was pretty little, and on my Gold Cartridge, I was in the whirl islands. Not knowing how to get out (and I never thought about just whiting out), I ended up saving in front of Lugia and chucking balls at it. There was only one problem - I only had 7 regular poke balls, and nothing else. I saved, reset, threw the balls, saved, reset, threw the balls. I had quit reducing the hp after a while, so eventually I caught it at full health in a pokeball. Course, I never figured out how to get out, so I ended up wiping the save. Even more than that, this encounter left me with the odd notion that balls are more effective every other turn, as I saw that it seemed to stay in the poke ball longer on those turns, which is, of course, false. To combine that with the fact that for the longest time I was convinced of the success of the old "turn any ball into a masterball" trick (but only on pokemon I didn't have), it took me years to erase all of my capture superstition.
So, I caught the Lugia, but in a way, I guess it caught me.

Breeding a 6IV Ditto with a 0IV HA Zangoose. First egg I hatch is flawless 5IV with Toxic Boost. Pretty awesome.
Not really a win, quite the opposite, but the other day I was Masuda'ing for a shiny Tyrunt. After a while of no luck, I gave up and started breeding Gibles. Literally the first Gible I hatch is shiny. I mean, what the hell (If you're unaware, shiny Garchomp is almost the same as its normal counterpart). I guess the win is that it was 4IV with Rough Skin. Also that I wasn't even Masuda'ing when I got the shiny.

Breeding for a flawless, Bulletproof Chespin took up most of my time a few months ago. Starting from scratch, I had to find a Chespin with the Hidden Ability. There was the GTS, but it's always full of liars. Shared my FC with people online, finally got online with said people on the 3DS (for Friend Safari Third Slot purposes), and spent a while catching each and every Quilladin I saw. Got a male with the ability after about catching fourteen. Kept breeding with Ditto till I got a female with Bulletproof. Thought I would insert egg moves while I was at it, so that took a few more days. Even after adding egg moves, the offspring had really poor IV's. I got mad that it was taking a long time, but I kept telling myself that it would be worth the wait. That eventually got old so I had a friend lend me his flawless Ditto. I replaced the old generation of offspring with the new each time I hatched a good egg. After a few tries I finally got a Shiny Chespin. I got so excited I flew to the IV checker immediately. It had 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's along with Bulletproof.

I don't know if this counts, but I learned about egg groups one time when I absentmindedly stuck a Zigzagoon and a Wailmer in the day care together.
I first learned about breeding during Gen 3. I didn't know much about how breeding worked, but I heard from my sister's friend that making and hatching Pokémon eggs yielded in stronger than normal Pokémon. I believed it to be true. Tried putting my old favorites together, but an Arcanine and a Mightyena couldn't make an egg (They were both male but I was only a kid, and yes a dumb one). The old man kept saying that they preferred to play with other Pokémon. What did that mean? I looked online for answers, and let's just say that you have to be careful with your choice of words when searching on Google.

#RuinedChildhood

Breeding for a flawless, Bulletproof Chespin took up most of my time a few months ago. Starting from scratch, I had to find a Chespin with the Hidden Ability. There was the GTS, but it's always full of liars. Shared my FC with people online, finally got online with said people on the 3DS (for Friend Safari Third Slot purposes), and spent a while catching each and every Quilladin I saw. Got a male with the ability after about catching fourteen. Kept breeding with Ditto till I got a female with Bulletproof. Thought I would insert egg moves while I was at it, so that took a few more days. Even after adding egg moves, the offspring had really poor IV's. I got mad that it was taking a long time, but I kept telling myself that it would be worth the wait. That eventually got old so I had a friend lend me his flawless Ditto. I replaced the old generation of offspring with the new each time I hatched a good egg. After a few tries I finally got a Shiny Chespin. I got so excited I flew to the IV checker immediately. It had 31/31/31/X/31/31 IV's along with Bulletproof.

I first learned about breeding during Gen 3. I didn't know much about how breeding worked, but I heard from my sister's friend that making and hatching Pokémon eggs yielded in stronger than normal Pokémon. I believed it to be true. Tried putting my old favorites together, but an Arcanine and a Mightyena couldn't make an egg (They were both male but I was only a kid, and yes a dumb one). The old man kept saying that they preferred to play with other Pokémon. What did that mean? I looked online for answers, and let's just say that you have to be careful with your choice of words when searching on Google.

#RuinedChildhood
All in favor of him outright winning...the internet?

Waaaaaaay back in the first few days after XY's release, I went into the Sea Spirit's den to catch Zapdos. Although it took awhile since I wanted to catch it in a regular Pokeball (idk... I guess I wanted a challenge since the game was so easy), I eventually managed to catch it. It then sat in the box for 8 months.
Unnoticed.
Ignored.
Forgotten.
But yesterday, on a whim, I decided to check it out. So I looked at its stats. Naive nature? Yes please. I take it to the Hidden Power guy, who reveals its type to be... Ice! Perfect! So I take it to the IV judge. Perfect IVs in Attack, SpD, and Speed, and a 0 in Defense. That sounds pretty bad, but a quick trip to Serebii's IV calculator shows its SpA to be 29 and its HP to be in the 20-30 range. So, by luck, I have a +Speed Zapdos with HP Ice and excellent IVs, so of course I had to train it for competitive use. I gave it a moveset of Hidden Power/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Roost, EV trained it, and named it "Zappy Bird". It currently has a position of prestige in my Competitive box (although it probably won't see a lot of use until we get 6th gen move tutors because no Tailwind. ORAS maybe?)

Last edited:
Waaaaaaay back in the first few days after XY's release, I went into the Sea Spirit's den to catch Zapdos. Although it took awhile since I wanted to catch it in a regular Pokeball (idk... I guess I wanted a challenge since the game was so easy), I eventually managed to catch it. It then sat in the box for 8 months.
Unnoticed.
Ignored.
Forgotten.
But yesterday, on a whim, I decided to check it out. So I looked at its stats. Naive nature? Yes please. I take it to the Hidden Power guy, who reveals its type to be... Ice! Perfect! So I take it to the IV judge. Perfect IVs in Attack, SpD, and Speed, and a 0 in Defense. That sounds pretty bad, but a quick trip to Serebii's IV calculator shows its SpA to be 29 and its HP to be in the 20-30 range. So, by luck, I have a +Speed Zapdos with HP Ice and excellent IVs, so of course I had to train it for competitive use. I gave it a moveset of Hidden Power/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch/Roost, EV trained it, and named it "Zappy Bird". It currently has a position of prestige in my Competitive box (although it probably won't see a lot of use until we get 6th gen move tutors because of no Tailwind. ORAS maybe?)
you win 1 internet coupon.jpg

Got 2 (almost flawless) shinies from breeding, the former a crappy natured kanga, and the latter a 4IV fletchling, still they're pretty good for non-shiny charm hatches. I also got several shinies from horde battles as well: Gulpin, Scraggy, Hoppip, and a friend safari Minccino.

The best I got is a 5IV Timid Mewtwo (Kalos). :3 I'm hoping to reset my game to get Zapdos and Xerneas soon, but it would probably take another month lol.

Well now. First, I breed a Japanese 4IV Skarmory that has Stealth Rock with a female caught in a Dive Ball from someone's Friend Safari. Then I discover, whoops, Whirlwind is an egg move. So I stick a female from that pairing with a Pidgeot I caught a long time ago. Then I find out I want Impish, not Careful. So I shove a female from that pairing with a Friend Safari Hoothoot that had the Impish nature. Then I stick in my Crobat for Brave Bird and to hopefully get the 5IV's I'm after. And then the first egg of my most recent batch I check with the Judge happens to have 6IV's. The Sp. Atk was the random stat (neither had it) and it turned out perfect! About the only way for it to be more astonishingly perfect would be if it were shiny...and have Sturdy. (it has Keen Eye, but an Ability Capsule can fix that)

On another note, I have a fair few 4IV Skarmory with Brave Bird, Whirlwind, Stealth Rock, and Drill Peck. I ought to do something with them, perhaps offer them here. (not this thread obviously. That's a fast way to make enemies with the moderators which I really don't want to do)

Eduardo2013

Banned deucer.
My first breeding win of pokemon x and y was a 3iv shiny hidden ability froakie with max spA iv at 20 eggs it was an accidental shiny since both parents were English happiest day of my pokemon shiny career.

Got another Shiny Pancham today; this time completely flawless and with four Egg Moves... but it's a Female, the fourth Shiny Female Pancham in a row. Where some people would call this a breeding win, I'd call it a breeding fail for me. Not that I'm sexist or anything, but can I at least get one Male to be shiny >.< The RNG mocks me. It's like having a Male Lopunny or a Female Machamp. It's just weird if you think about it too deeply, but I think it comes down to preference.

Is there anyone who nitpicks like me over the tiniest details while breeding such as Gender? Maybe Abilities, Egg Moves or IV's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)