Your Evil Team

What if you had to come up with your own villainous team? What would they be based on? Would they have a type specialty? What would they be after? Well, if you are willing to discuss what your “evil“ team is, then post it here! I’d love to see what people’s ideas for a villainous team are.

I have no ideas for an evil team, so that’s why I would like too see others.​

Insanity and chaos. No ulterior motives. Everyone from the lowest grunt to the head honcho is completely off their rocker and just wants to watch the world burn.

EDIT: With two years of hindsight, this came across as way edgier than I wanted. Basically, this was a response to the common ROM hack trend of villain plots taking themselves way too seriously, so my thought was "what if the opposite of grand machinations".

Last edited:
From a hypothetical tabeltop campaign: Team Daemon.

Chaotic Neutral, out for vengeance against the current establishment. Grunts mostly joined up for petty reasons, leadership believes that there's a cover-up hiding deliberate extinction of pokemon, with the boss thinking they've been personally visited by one of the dead. Favours ghost types, with higher-ups using more artificial-style ones like Golurk and Aegislash. The major plot twist would be that the boss is actually correct: the campaign would take place in a version of the anime continuity, with the porygon line wiped out in secret for trumped-up reasons (remember, the actual explosion was caused by pikachu...). The boss encountered a dimension-hopping porygon-Z. Hence the dual-meaning of the name Daemon. It can refer to both demons i.e. monsters from the afterlife and single-purpose servitors, with the latter usage appearing in some computing contexts.

I got two ideas actually.

The first would be a combination of Objectivists, the Sovereign Citizens Movement, and just entitled jackasses in general, with a hefty sprinkling of “ubermencsh” belief. In essence, they’d believe they’re above the law and can do whatever they please, violently (well, by means of Pokémon battles) resisting attempts to show them otherwise. A few examples of their more petty antics: one grunt will be throwing a tantrum in a Poke Mart because they don’t sell Max Revives, and another group will be attempting to steal a Poke Center’s healing machine for themselves.

The leader (who’s at least officially be more like a first-among-equals and a guru for the team than any sort of actual authority) would be a former business tycoon who’s company (which the team would take their name from) was accused of Pokémon exploitation and environmental screwing-up-ness, with the fines forcing the company to officially declare bankruptcy and go underground. He aims to acquire the legendary Pokémon of the region as much to have a weapon to use against the authorities as for the sake of having them. No world domination plot here, just a greedy jackass.

And the second evil team idea I have is absolutely not a parody of a certain scam-in-cult’s-clothing that would sue the pants off of you if you so much as look at them funny, no siree.

Might makes right. I want an evil team that believe that strength alone determines a person and pokemon's worth. Think Smogon gone full Spartan. They can be contrasted by the League, which has the strongest trainers but don't see anyone who's not competitive as useless. It's like if Giovanni's goal of being the strongest by any means was the whole team.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
My evil team would start out presenting themselves as a charity but actually act very shady and are on the hunt for Mesprit for some unknown purpose. One of the first gym leaders you meet runs an orphanage and is a very jovial old man who has converted part of the establishment into a Gym where he takes on a Masked Royal-like persona to entertain the kids. Shortly after beating him he gets "kidnapped" by the evil team but surprise surprise he's actually their leader who staged the abduction as a cover-up. It's then he reveals his true colors as a man whose many years of working with children from all sorts of horrible backgrounds have left him extremely bitter and angry at the world, his good-natured exterior being nothing more than a hollow imitation of the person he once was. He also confirms his intentions with Mesprit, that being to use its power over emotions to systemically eliminate specific ones he deems "worthless troublemakers" such as hatred, prejudice and apathy.

Honestly this is more just a concept for a main villain I haven't really given much thought to the team at all beyond the fake abduction

A villainous team that ONLY uses canid Pokémon. That's one I'd hate with a passion, regardless of their motives.

Alternatively, and while this was sort of already explored with Rose, I'd make an obliviously evil team, one that is so focused in their benign motive that is blissfully unaware of all the disastrous side effects. I remember once imagining of a very long-lived villain that controlled Dialga to get back to the past and remember where his platonic crush of a distant past had gone, while not noticing he's reversing time and no one will like that. And that he was so anticlimatic he surrenders without a fight (with the real threat being another, generic, true villainous team using the knowledge from the unreversed timeline to execute their plans faster). Something like that.

Last edited:
The common grunts use cute mons to subvert expectations. Also cuz poison and dark types are horribly treated as evil mons, which is unfair
The higher ups on the other hand use forcefully mutated Mons. Think the current fossil abomination mons
The motive: to create a Pokemon with no weakness, to then use to rule over all. Surpassing even Mewtwo

A team of toxic fanboys and fangirls, each convinced that their Pokémon are the best and all other are crap, and that only they truly love Pokémon. Think Youngster Joey on steroids, with a good amount of genwunner thrown in. Of course, there would be a fair amount of infighting between them concerning which Pokémon truly is the best.

And the boss' team include Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo. Perhaps Lucario, Greninja, or Gardevoir.

A team of toxic fanboys and fangirls, each convinced that their Pokémon are the best and all other are crap, and that only they truly love Pokémon. Think Youngster Joey on steroids, with a good amount of genwunner thrown in. Of course, there would be a fair amount of infighting between them concerning which Pokémon truly is the best.

And the boss' team include Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, and Mewtwo. Perhaps Lucario, Greninja, or Gardevoir.
To be honest, actual teen Genwunners are kinda gone
So make em 30-40 year old losers. But keep the Youngster Joey title for irony :P

This has the potential to do something really cool. One of the grunts could become friends with you (in their eyes anyway) because their favorite Pokemon is your starter, and they would act as a double agent.

Team Monotony.
A soulless, corporation-like team bent on defeating gyms and leagues by flooding them with mechanical trainers. They would have “Grunt-o-matics”, spring-loaded pokeball dispensers with wheels and a monitor. They would use a lot of bug and steel type Pokemon, and use moves with little to no strategy. An encounter would be like:
Hi, <user>! Looks like you’re no match for <Intimidating dialogue>!
Team Monotony Grunt #00385 sent out Durant!
Durant fainted!
Durant fainted!
[INITIATING DEFEAT PROTOCOL]
<sorrowful exclamation>! Hopefully we’ll get you next time!
As you delve deeper into the team’s headquarters, you learn that the Pokémon used by the grunts are mass-bred to overrun the region. You can find rooms with chained-up ditto that you can free and catch, and also battle the executives, who care very little about the Pokemon they use. They use up to 3 x boosts a turn, with no regard for their partner’s safety. Their mons also use frustration for max damage, like Ghestis. Soon you discover that the president of the team created all of the robotic grunts to defeat hundreds of amateur trainers and transfer the winnings directly to his bank account. The real goal of team Monotony is to own all of the money in the region.

Team Monotony.
A soulless, corporation-like team bent on defeating gyms and leagues by flooding them with mechanical trainers. They would have “Grunt-o-matics”, spring-loaded pokeball dispensers with wheels and a monitor. They would use a lot of bug and steel type Pokemon, and use moves with little to no strategy. An encounter would be like:
Durant fainted!
Durant fainted!
As you delve deeper into the team’s headquarters, you learn that the Pokémon used by the grunts are mass-bred to overrun the region. You can find rooms with chained-up ditto that you can free and catch, and also battle the executives, who care very little about the Pokemon they use. They use up to 3 x boosts a turn, with no regard for their partner’s safety. Their mons also use frustration for max damage, like Ghestis. Soon you discover that the president of the team created all of the robotic grunts to defeat hundreds of amateur trainers and transfer the winnings directly to his bank account. The real goal of team Monotony is to own all of the money in the region.

It will be a team using Uncompetitive Strategies (TM).

Their main strategies will involve using gimmick teams such as Ash's team from the anime, Eeveelutions, Starters only, NU + RU + UU mons, Pokemon using moves from their lower attacking stat (e.g. Dig Jolteon), Assault Vest random mons.
Their admins will be using better strategies such as Swag Play, Baton Pass and Mega Rayquaza. Basically the anti-Smogon team.
They will also enforce "No Legends" rule or "No Egg Moves" rule whenever they feel like it because it's not fun.

Their main strategies will involve using gimmick teams such as Ash's team from the anime, Eeveelutions, Starters only, NU + RU + UU mons, Pokemon using moves from their lower attacking stat (e.g. Dig Jolteon), Assault Vest random mons.
Their admins will be using better strategies such as Swag Play, Baton Pass and Mega Rayquaza. Basically the anti-Smogon team.
They will also enforce "No Legends" rule or "No Egg Moves" rule whenever they feel like it because it's not fun.
The leader uses the ultimate Pokémon, banned for centuries, and unleashes it’s rage.
MOODY BIDOOF

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hm, this thread is being allowed to stay open, so I guess I could post some of my ideas here. :bloblul:

I've had a few ideas for a villain team, though a problem with a lot of them is that they have to do with the story and/or theme of the region I created alongside them (cause if I'm going to make a villain team/region I might as well also give them a region/villain team). However I have some I can don't really have attached to a region I can post here for now (maybe later on post the other evil teams that are connected to a region though I'd also have to explain the region/story to give them proper context (because one (or rather two) of them are ESPECIALLY going to need that)). But for now:

Concept: A guild whose members are (illegal) Pokemon hunter, called "Chasers". The location of the Chaser Lodge is not known, only high-ranking Chasers are trusted with that information while the grunt Chasers gather at makeshift bases set up by their team or are secretly taken to the Lodge. The identity of the leader, called the "Chief Chaser", is also kept clandestine. While all Chasers are members of the Lodge, they all are split up into three teams who focus on a different kind of hunting, each lead by a Captain Chaser (veteran members and the only ones to know the identity of the Chief Chaser):
  • Trophy Team: Chasers who hunt Pokemon for sport and claim parts of them as trophies. Colors are green & blue. Notably wear heavier clothes (protect themselves if the Pokemon attacks them) & have video equipment (to both help track the Pokemon and to film the hunt). Captain Chaser is an elderly gentleman with big bushy mustache & eyebrows.
  • Poach Team: Chasers who search for Pokemon Eggs and retrieve them to sell to collectors. Colors are green & yellow. Notably wear special, big backpacks made for carrying eggs. Captain Chaser is a young woman with a haircut that looks like she's wearing an egg shell helmet.
  • Scavenge Team: Chasers who hunt specific Pokemon to sell parts of their bodies. Colors are green & red. Notably wear lots of pouches & carry duffel bags to carry as many body parts. Captain Chaser is a middle-age man with an eyepatch.
Major Goal: I imagine it would probably involved the mascot Legendary Pokemon either directly or indirectly. My original idea is that in the region I made them for the Mascots Legendaries have species of Pokemon known as "Envoys" that are said to serve them (there are both common species of "Envoys" that can be caught like any other Pokemon and lesser Legendaries that are "Envoys"). "Envoy" Pokemon are blessed with a beautiful appearance (based on the mascot Legendary they are said to serve), unique looking Eggs, and have special traits about them. As you can guess, The Chaser Lodge go after "Envoy" Pokemon which are also tougher to battle & catch than normal Pokemon (though Chasers go after normal Pokemon too). I imagine each of the mascot Legendaries having a trio of lesser Legendaries as "Envoys" and, depending on the version, each of those are being chased by a Captain Chaser and their team. This is to draw out the mascot Legendary which is the main target of the Chief Chaser, but for what purpose?
The Chief Chaser is revealed to be the President of the Pokemon Fan Club, the Chaser Lodge located underneath the Pokemon Fan Club building. TPFC President would throughout the game help the player acting as if concerned about the Chaser Lodge, however they are instead using the player to help find the Legendaries. The reason the Chief Chaser wants the mascot Legendary is so they can control the "Envoy" Pokemon population and be the only ones who can offer things like hunting safari for "Envoy" Pokemon, eggs and body parts of Envoy Pokemon which are high in demand, and overall have the Mascot Legendary as a living trophy.

Logo:

• Design: Based on the letter "C" and "L". It vaguely resembles an animal's face & a clamping trap (the "X" symbols looks both like an eye of a cartoony character when knocked out/dead & the top of a screw which is keeping the two parts of the trap together).
  • Note: The Green & Purple Logo is used to represent the Chaser Lodge as a whole and worn by the Chief Chaser. All other members wear the color of the team they're a part of as explained above.

This took longer than I thought so I'm keeping to just this today.

Last edited:
I've had a custom villainous organization for years now and makes up a large part of (nonexistent as it is) my Pokemon fanfiction. They're a conspiracy that surprise, surprise, wants to take over the world. The difference is in their tactics. They do political maneuvering for years, getting the people they want into key positions and taking over slowly. Even after taking over the regions they want (of course, they want all of them), they never reveal themselves. They do have fronts and their own "home" region, but again, almost no one knows about them.

Also, these people are brutal and pragmatic to a fault. Their Pokemon are genetically engineered to perfection, even having illegal stats, levels, and the like. Beating them doesn't really stop their plans. They have Pokemon physically assault people and knock them out. They drag resistors away, never to be seen again (usually they're used for tests or slave labor). Losing to them in game would be straight out "back to title screen" game over, (almost) no exceptions. They use more Pokemon than are legally allowed. And more. This isn't the kind of organization you'll beat entirely in one game, if at all. They used to be worse before I toned them down a bit. They used conventional weapons and killed people outright before determining that that was a bit too game breaking and edgy (even though the idea is still edgy as fuck still). People (and Pokemon) still do die to them though.

The organization cares for none but themselves. If you're not part of them, you're a free target. Members of the organization can do whatever they wish to you with very little, if at all, repercussions. The organization is also outright human supremacist, actively taking advantage of Pokemon's innate trust and bonds with humans. Pokemon are tools, weapons, and research material, nothing more. Members don't have to follow this party line, but it's strongly encouraged and actively touted. Also, the organization's interest in Legendary/Mythical Pokemon is low to nonexistent. They prefer much safer targets. Ones that won't destroy the world if fucked with. Ones that wouldn't destroy the world they wish to rule. There's plenty of common Pokemon (and people) to study.

Membership in the organization is offered based on the competence, usefulness, etc. of the prospective member. Once in, the member enjoys many benefits and is off the organization's "hit list" entirely, with more benefits coming with higher ranks. If they refuse joining, then it's likely they'll never been seen again (of they're not useful in other ways) or will have to be silent for life (if they're useful in other ways). Inter-organization loyalty is stressed immensely and is a key tenet to the organization, especially with so few (in comparison to the rest of the world's population) of them. Traitors to the organization can be let off with a warning for first/minor offenses, but grievous ones come with grievous punishments. The organization is headed by an all powerful Leader advised by a Council. No position in the organization (including membership) is (outright) hereditary. The current Leader is extremely dedicated to the organization and is a monster in battle, with the strongest Pokemon it has to offer.

There's so much more I could share about this organization. I've made up so much fucking lore for them over the years it's not even funny. But some things must remain surprises for now. Including their name. Yes, they've a name. But in the interest of keeping some things a secret...

I will show a (shittily drawn. Can never get it right...) logo though:
ec logog.png

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
If no one mind, would like to give my quick thoughts on others suggestions:

Insanity and chaos. No ulterior motives. Everyone from the lowest grunt to the head honcho is completely off their rocker and just wants to watch the world burn.
How did they organize in the first place? How do they keep organized? Honestly it sounds like a situation that'll work itself out.

From a hypothetical tabeltop campaign: Team Daemon.

Chaotic Neutral, out for vengeance against the current establishment. Grunts mostly joined up for petty reasons, leadership believes that there's a cover-up hiding deliberate extinction of pokemon, with the boss thinking they've been personally visited by one of the dead. Favours ghost types, with higher-ups using more artificial-style ones like Golurk and Aegislash. The major plot twist would be that the boss is actually correct: the campaign would take place in a version of the anime continuity, with the porygon line wiped out in secret for trumped-up reasons (remember, the actual explosion was caused by pikachu...). The boss encountered a dimension-hopping porygon-Z. Hence the dual-meaning of the name Daemon. It can refer to both demons i.e. monsters from the afterlife and single-purpose servitors, with the latter usage appearing in some computing contexts.
Except one problem with this one: Porygon aren't extinct. Yes, after the incident they never made an appearance in the anime proper but they have made a few cameo appearances. An image of Porygon showed up in the 20th episode of Sun & Moon, meanwhile Porygon 2 & Porygon-Z showed were seen alongside hundreds of other Pokemon in the intro of the 15th move, Kyurem Vs. The Sword of Justice. They exist, but due to the incident they just don't feel comfortable using it. In addition it is an artificial Pokemon made by humans so there's very little situations that it can just naturally show up. Maybe had the incident not happen we may see a Porygon here and there in background of laboratories helping with computer operations, but it's just as easy not to have them and say in the anime they're very rare Pokemon.

Also, I'm guessing this would be a villain team for a side game or game based on the anime? Cause the main games, while they make little references here and there that can be easily considered non-canon, there's never been a major connection to things that happened in the core series and what happened in the anime. They like to keep the two separate probably so both can go about their business without having to fact check with one another (and the anime can keep Ash forever 10 while the games have moved forward in time).

The first would be a combination of Objectivists, the Sovereign Citizens Movement, and just entitled jackasses in general, with a hefty sprinkling of “ubermencsh” belief. In essence, they’d believe they’re above the law and can do whatever they please, violently (well, by means of Pokémon battles) resisting attempts to show them otherwise. A few examples of their more petty antics: one grunt will be throwing a tantrum in a Poke Mart because they don’t sell Max Revives, and another group will be attempting to steal a Poke Center’s healing machine for themselves.

The leader (who’s at least officially be more like a first-among-equals and a guru for the team than any sort of actual authority) would be a former business tycoon who’s company (which the team would take their name from) was accused of Pokémon exploitation and environmental screwing-up-ness, with the fines forcing the company to officially declare bankruptcy and go underground. He aims to acquire the legendary Pokémon of the region as much to have a weapon to use against the authorities as for the sake of having them. No world domination plot here, just a greedy jackass.
I like the top paragraph, I like the bottom paragraph, but I don't like them together. It kind of reminds me of what they did with Team Flare with how it felt like the theme of the grunts (people who believe they're superior to everyone and flaunt that self-privilege while running get rich quick schemes and harassing wealthy people to join them) didn't quite match with Lysandre's plans (upon reaching a despair horizon that he'll not be able to help everyone live better lives & keep the planet beautiful, decides there are too many people and too many of the 1% who are corrupt so decides to commit mass genocide and wipe out every human & Pokemon except for the humans part of Team Flare). Yes, in the end they tie the themes together, Team Flare grunts feeling privileged because they'll be the ones living after Lysandre wipes out the rest of the world, but the problem is that I can't see Lysandre with his twisted altruism wanting the people who remain being people who act like jackasses to people they feel superior too.

In the case of your team, the leader is a corrupt businessman who was found guilty of Pokemon & environmental health violations that brought him to ruin. So now he wants the the Legendary Pokemon to make it so that he'd be too powerful to go after or else harm anyone who gets in their way (this guy was college roommates with Ghetsis, wasn't he?). All and good, but I can't then see him recruiting people who have a "you're not the boss of me" attitude cause, well, he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would take kindly to insubordinate underlings. Heck, if anything, you just described the boss of who I would have thought the Team Flare grunts would be taking commands from! The grunts you described sound like their leader would be someone like Guzma, a rebel who no longer cares about the rules and the only reason there is a "team" is cause the boss beats down anyone who opposes him... but since he has no major goals to mess up (at least ones he would need grunts help for) he doesn't care if they do whatever. Not sure exactly what type of grunts I'd imagine Lysandre leading, maybe more extremist/conspiracy paranoid like him thinking they're the heroes saving the planet and their the true last bastion of the human race being how "woke" they are.

And the second evil team idea I have is absolutely not a parody of a certain scam-in-cult’s-clothing that would sue the pants off of you if you so much as look at them funny, no siree.
I think Team Galactic are close enough, at least as far as how you'd depict that group in a cartoony way. Except instead of suing you they'd blow you up (and you know if that group-that-shall-not-be-named could get away with it they'd also blow people they don't like up).

Might makes right. I want an evil team that believe that strength alone determines a person and pokemon's worth. Think Smogon gone full Spartan. They can be contrasted by the League, which has the strongest trainers but don't see anyone who's not competitive as useless. It's like if Giovanni's goal of being the strongest by any means was the whole team.
I can see potential in this though I think it also needs a lot more to fill them out. Like if they're so contrasted to the official Pokemon League, sounds like they would create their very own Pokemon League and invite trainers to try it out. And while on the surface they look like they're just offering a "tougher" Pokemon League experience, in the background they're sending out agents to sabotage the official Pokemon League like stealing supplies, damaging their buildings, scaring off challengers. Though in that case they'd probably set up the "evil team" as something seemingly unrelated to the "Strength League" only for the truth to unravel as you playthrough the story, likely finding the grunts cooperating with "Strength League" staff or having battled with an admin of the evil team only to later discover they're something like a Gym Leader/Elite Four member of the Strength League.

Would certainly be exciting as it would provide two Leagues to participate in, though you'd have to be careful to make sure the players don't feel like they've wasted their time when the truth about the Strength League's evildoings are revealed and thus probably crumble the entire organization (and thus any progress the player made into the Strength League also going poof).

My evil team would start out presenting themselves as a charity but actually act very shady and are on the hunt for Mesprit for some unknown purpose. One of the first gym leaders you meet runs an orphanage and is a very jovial old man who has converted part of the establishment into a Gym where he takes on a Masked Royal-like persona to entertain the kids. Shortly after beating him he gets "kidnapped" by the evil team but surprise surprise he's actually their leader who staged the abduction as a cover-up. It's then he reveals his true colors as a man whose many years of working with children from all sorts of horrible backgrounds have left him extremely bitter and angry at the world, his good-natured exterior being nothing more than a hollow imitation of the person he once was. He also confirms his intentions with Mesprit, that being to use its power over emotions to systemically eliminate specific ones he deems "worthless troublemakers" such as hatred, prejudice and apathy.

Honestly this is more just a concept for a main villain I haven't really given much thought to the team at all beyond the fake abduction
Well they probably wouldn't be after Mesprit but rather a mascot Legendary with even more power to manipulate emotions (being we're making this up no need to confine yourself to what Pokemon exist, just don't go overboard creating a Legendary/Pokemon aside from a vague description of what it generally is & role it plays).

Though the reveal here sounds WAY too quick if he's the first Gym Leader and gets "kidnapped" soon after. Him getting kidnapped sounds like something that would happen, at earliest, midway into the story and the reveal a Gym or so after.

Also sounds a bit close to Cyrus. The backstory can work but needs some touching up to make it maybe a bit more unique and personal, which may also help in knowing what the team he would lead would be like. If he dresses up like a lucha libre wrestler could go with that theme, he dresses as a good/"face" wrestler while the grunts, admins (and maybe a fake boss) dress as evil/"heel" wrestlers. They kidnap him with the excuse they feel like he's making a mockery of them, but it's all just part of a script (which you could poetically use as the way he describes how he acts when in the orphanage, just following a script; oh if only real life was like a script where no matter how bad things get you know there's a happy ending at the end; but real life isn't a script, and so it's time for him to go off-script! *Boss Battle theme starts & battle starts* ).

A villainous team that ONLY uses canid Pokémon. That's one I'd hate with a passion, regardless of their motives.
Maybe not as a theme for a villain team but maybe as a theme of one of the Admins.

Alternatively, and while this was sort of already explored with Rose, I'd make an obliviously evil team, one that is so focused in their benign motive that is blissfully unaware of all the disastrous side effects. I remember once imagining of a very long-lived villain that controlled Dialga to get back to the past and remember where his platonic crush of a distant past had gone, while not noticing he's reversing time and no one will like that. And that he was so anticlimatic he surrenders without a fight (with the real threat being another, generic, true villainous team using the knowledge from the unreversed timeline to execute their plans faster). Something like that.
Also Team Aqua & Magma, they don't consider themselves evil just extremists who know for a fact the world would be better if you raise the water levels/terraform so there's more land; what's the worse that can happen?

But oddly enough we did never really have a time travelling plot even though we've had a deity of time. Closest would be one of the Pokemon Ranger games but the majority of that story was restricted to multiplayer and really didn't have much to do with the main plot aside getting rid of an obstacle in the past so it's not there in the future. I could see this as a nice jump off concept to write a more complex story: the one wanting to time travel isn't malicious though still does evildoings to be able to time travel, however there's also another group "helping" who are using the knowledge of the timeline to take control. Of course, as with any time travelling story, you need to be really careful and set up rules of how time travel works, as well as figure out a way for the player to be able to overcome a group who can time travel, otherwise it can come out a mess *takes a side glance over to his copy of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance*.

The common grunts use cute mons to subvert expectations. Also cuz poison and dark types are horribly treated as evil mons, which is unfair
The higher ups on the other hand use forcefully mutated Mons. Think the current fossil abomination mons
The motive: to create a Pokemon with no weakness, to then use to rule over all. Surpassing even Mewtwo
Oddly enough, except for the grunts using cute Pokemon, I also sort of have a team which is about the members using "adjusted" Pokemon and they've gone as far as even creating new Pokemon they deemed as "perfect". Next post maybe I'll write about them along with another team I had in mind.

Can maybe see this as a joke team, like there is an actual "Evil Team" but then you have this side group who are also calling themselves an "evil team" and this is them. No one to take seriously and can be easily ignored, you pretty much only interact with them to see them infight and fall apart.

Of course a bit of this concept was also done by Team Yell, though instead of a Pokemon it was their boss's little sister who was on a quest to make their lives better; so a bit more nobler though still easily pushed aside troublemakers.

Also Mewtwo? That would make them an actual threat methinks. Maybe just popular com mons like Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Gardevoir, Absol, and their ace Mimikyu.

Team Monotony.
Durant fainted!
Durant fainted!
Geez, and I thought maybe I was going to far with my Hunter-based team (heck, I still have some even more extreme though I don't think I ever go this deep meta).

So, breaking it down. A "super serious" corperation that has introduced a Robot Trainer which they're going to show the efficiency of by having a horde of them challenge the Pokemon League. However they're not as efficient as they're advertised to be and use simple strategies and repeated Pokemon. A bit wacky but I can see it in a game where its theme is man vs. technology. Though to make them at least a bit more threatening maybe not restrict them to a certain Type, rather they use Types based on the Gym their facing (though you can have them be loaded with Steel and Bug Types when not challenging a Gym). Also maybe have them progressively "improve", like the first half are easy to take down but by then they would have sent you'r battling data to the ones ahead and they'd prepare a team and strategy that would give you more of a problem.

But that later part, I feel it's maybe too meta with the whole "breeding machine" and wanting to do this because they want to bank the money you get from trainer battles. Both are something that's just not canon, they're game mechanics first and foremost. The corporation mistreating the Pokemon they've caught en masse for the Robot Trainers to use because they see them as much as tools as the robots, that's fine and gets the point across without needing to go into "breeding machine" territory. And the corporation would more than likely being looking to impress investors, potential clients, and sponsors who would pay them millions if they can get a Robot Trainer to become the Champion, they wouldn't bother with pocket change from random trainers or even Gym Leaders/Elite Four.

Also I can't help but feel the name of the team would be too ridiculous. Like I can maybe see calling themselves "Team Autonomy", but then after seeing the effectiveness of their Robot Trainers people start calling them "Team Monotony" as a insult (and to further dig into the joke, the Robot Trainers are so badly programmed they accidentally pick up the term and call themselves "Team Monotony" much to the frustration of the corporation).

Eh, once again too meta.

Actually the strategies you mention on the first line (Eeveelutions, Starters only, NU + RU + UU mons, Pokemon using moves from their lower attacking stat (e.g. Dig Jolteon)) are things the random route trainers ALREADY do.

Also I don't think they would be using Legendaries, especially a Rayquaza, and especially if they're an Admin... unless.

Unless maybe we go with the idea these are "anti-competitive" focused trainers. No, in the world of Pokemon, they would probably be laughed out of the Battle Tower. So maybe, instead of using real Pokemon, these trainers battle via simulations where they can cheat all they want. Give themselves Legendaries, use wacky strategies, put frivolous restrictions upon the opponent just to spite & hinder them.

Of course we now have an issue of (1) how would they make themselves a menace in a way that the only way to stop them in battling them through simulations and (2) how do we make sure the player can win against them. The battles against them would probably have to be more scripted or, since this is a simulation battle, give the player ways to hack themselves so they can give their Pokemon an advantage.

Still, maybe a bit too out there for a core series game, but a side series I could see these kind of villains. Heck, in Pokemon Colosseum they do havve simulation battles and in one of the Pokemon Ranger games they let you re-battle bosses via simulations (even having the rematch take place on an island that was blown up as part of the story).

Also, these people are brutal and pragmatic to a fault. Their Pokemon are genetically engineered to perfection, even having illegal stats, levels, and the like. Beating them doesn't really stop their plans. They have Pokemon physically assault people and knock them out. They drag resistors away, never to be seen again (usually they're used for tests or slave labor). Losing to them in game would be straight out "back to title screen" game over, (almost) no exceptions. They use more Pokemon than are legally allowed. And more. This isn't the kind of organization you'll beat entirely in one game, if at all. They used to be worse before I toned them down a bit. They used conventional weapons and killed people outright before determining that that was a bit too game breaking and edgy (even though the idea is still edgy as fuck still). People (and Pokemon) still do die to them though.
It's... it's a kids game... :blobastonished:

Like I think Cipher is probably at the moment the darkest Evil Team cause they are dangerously genre savvy and do as you describe but on a less extreme level.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Well they probably wouldn't be after Mesprit but rather a mascot Legendary with even more power to manipulate emotions (being we're making this up no need to confine yourself to what Pokemon exist, just don't go overboard creating a Legendary/Pokemon aside from a vague description of what it generally is & role it plays).

Though the reveal here sounds WAY too quick if he's the first Gym Leader and gets "kidnapped" soon after. Him getting kidnapped sounds like something that would happen, at earliest, midway into the story and the reveal a Gym or so after.

Also sounds a bit close to Cyrus. The backstory can work but needs some touching up to make it maybe a bit more unique and personal, which may also help in knowing what the team he would lead would be like. If he dresses up like a lucha libre wrestler could go with that theme, he dresses as a good/"face" wrestler while the grunts, admins (and maybe a fake boss) dress as evil/"heel" wrestlers. They kidnap him with the excuse they feel like he's making a mockery of them, but it's all just part of a script (which you could poetically use as the way he describes how he acts when in the orphanage, just following a script; oh if only real life was like a script where no matter how bad things get you know there's a happy ending at the end; but real life isn't a script, and so it's time for him to go off-script! *Boss Battle theme starts & battle starts* ).
Hey thanks for evaluating my idea! Yeah I'm fully aware of the similarities to Cyrus, I think of it as making an "improved" version of him so to speak which gives more insight on why he wants to do this while being a bit more "rational" in his emotions bad ramblings. I freaking love the luchador motif you suggested, that's super unique and incredibly fitting! I guess I could use a unique mascot, I just listed Mesprit out of convenience. As for the pacing of his story I was thinking the kidnapping would come shortly after beating him as like gym leader 2 or 3, then you catch glimpses of him in a battle or two but as a fake identity, then his real identity is revealed between gyms 7 and 8, then the finale is after gym 8.

XY and SwSH both touched about these, but I like the idea of fighting an entire Evil League. Flare had Malva and Swsh had a sect of the monopoly Macro Cosmos corporation, but the idea of all the league members being corrupt with a reluctant Champion who Isn't evil but is forced to do their bidding anyway sounds right up my alley.

The League would be based on rampant Nationalism, trying to prove that their trainers and Pokemon are the best in the entire world, and won't hesitate to use underhanded tactics to beat people down. Grunts not only are suspiciously allowed to run amok without much interference, but are actively targeting trainers who are either outsiders or try to use pokemon or strategies from other regions. Elite 4 Would consist of a Dark, Fairy, Ghost, and Poison Type trainers, each with their own gimmick( like Opal's quizzes or Klara's toxic spikes). Gym Leaders may or may not also be involved in one way of the other.The Leader himself would be a rich greedy S.O.A.B. Who challenges the trainer even after the Champion falls, indignant that someone who just moved to this region (important reason for why you run into conflict with the grunts) could topple their best, and will try to invoke a Legendary Pokemon to defeat you. However, the your version's Legendary responds to your will, and the final battle will be broadcast all over for the ultimate climax.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
So first post I showed my idea for an Evil Team who are hunters/poachers. I feel this was probably the easiest Evil Team I thought of to explain as the idea is straight forward. Next up is an idea that's also easy to get but I think would involve a bit more thinking on how to integrate them:

Concept: My thought process for this team: what if users of the 4chan message board and the hacker group Anonymous were villains? Well, they would probably be trolling computer hackers who mess with machines for the evilulz. Hence Team 1nc0gn1to, combining the word "incognito" (in reference to Anonymous) but replacing the "i"s and "o"s with 1s and 0s to reference the number in 4chan's name and also 1s & 0s is binary which references they're hackers.
Throughout most of the game you wouldn't meet them in-person. Instead, some technology would start going haywire and when you investigate you'll find these floating holograms of stylized Pokemon faces. These are avatars of the current group of hackers causing the problem and you battle them, somehow they're able to transport their Pokemon from where they are into the battle and recall them back when they faint. They're able to do this via small hologram projectors that were placed at the scene of the attack prior though has proven difficult to both catch the ones leaving behind the devices and finding them before activated.
However it's not all black and white, as you'll also come across some members of 1nc0gn1t0 who are working to stop the malicious actions their fellow members are committing and so work with you as they feel that they can trust you. However the members working with you notably has less abilities than the malicious ones, notably unable to send Pokemon through and takes them time to hack their way through the system. Further mysteries arise as the malicious 1nc0gn1t0 act as if they're in the right and if the player only knew what was going on around them would they let them have their "fun".
Logo:

I based their logo on what the Pokemon version of the "Trollface" would likely be: the Impidimpface. I made a crude drawing of Impidimp and then added extra wrinkle lines trying to copy the aesthetic of the Trollface onto Impidimp's face. The left drawing is the "initial" Impidimpface, while you may see it here and there in the game it's not the actual logo of 1nc0gn1t0. That would be the middle Impidimpface, a more stylized version of the initial image and whenever you battle 1nc0gn1t0 that's the one which flashes on screen. The right drawing is more a concept drawing of how the holograms look like. All members of 1nc0gn1t0 use an avatar of a Pokemon's face and it would look something like this, just a neon outline.
It's eventually revealed the malicious 1nc0gn1t0 members are thinking they're stopping another mysterious organization, targeting businesses that group owns to try and stop their grab for power. They themselves learned of the group after a chance hack into one of their mainframes, accessed via an open backdoor from the darknet, and stealing both private information and advance hacking tools. The leader of 1nc0gn1t0 is revealed to be that regions Pokemon Storage System Administrator, having learned how to combine the stolen technology with the transport system to allow 1nc0gn1t0 members working with him to send Pokemon through the hologram device.
However, when that reveal happens the Pokemon Storage System Administrator is attacked, the hologram devices activate on their own and a new player enter the picture:

This is WATCHTOWER, the mysterious organization that 1nc0gn1t0 discovered who were quickly gaining power behind the scenes. WATCHTOWER would then reveal that they've been playing 1nc0gn1t0 all along, the businesses they attacked weren't owned by WATCHTOWER but rather competitors of WATCHTOWER and after the attack they were able to come in and acquire that business or at least have partial ownership. However now that the identity of 1nc0gn1t0's leader has been revealed WATCHTOWER no longer sees them as an asset so sends in a strike squad to kidnap the Pokemon Storage System Administrator and take out the player. However with the use of their Pokemon and the helpful members of 1nc0gn1t0 (all the malicious members locked out of their account via a failsafe WATCHTOWER programmed into the technology that was stolen) help the player escape and then track down WATCHTOWER and take them down.
WATCHTOWER is loosely based on the Illuminati and bit on Blackwater, their logo is a "T" and "W" with a watching eye on top, like it's watching from above a tower. They're secretly trying to take over the region but 1nc0gn1t0 learned about them and some decided to take them on directly (unknowingly being used as WATCHTOWER detected the hack immediately) while others sought to find someone they can trust to warn everyone.

So first post I showed my idea for an Evil Team who are hunters/poachers. I feel this was probably the easiest Evil Team I thought of to explain as the idea is straight forward. Next up is an idea that's also easy to get but I think would involve a bit more thinking on how to integrate them:

Concept: My thought process for this team: what if users of the 4chan message board and the hacker group Anonymous were villains? Well, they would probably be trolling computer hackers who mess with machines for the evilulz. Hence Team 1nc0gn1to, combining the word "incognito" (in reference to Anonymous) but replacing the "i"s and "o"s with 1s and 0s to reference the number in 4chan's name and also 1s & 0s is binary which references they're hackers.
Throughout most of the game you wouldn't meet them in-person. Instead, some technology would start going haywire and when you investigate you'll find these floating holograms of stylized Pokemon faces. These are avatars of the current group of hackers causing the problem and you battle them, somehow they're able to transport their Pokemon from where they are into the battle and recall them back when they faint. They're able to do this via small hologram projectors that were placed at the scene of the attack prior though has proven difficult to both catch the ones leaving behind the devices and finding them before activated.
However it's not all black and white, as you'll also come across some members of 1nc0gn1t0 who are working to stop the malicious actions their fellow members are committing and so work with you as they feel that they can trust you. However the members working with you notably has less abilities than the malicious ones, notably unable to send Pokemon through and takes them time to hack their way through the system. Further mysteries arise as the malicious 1nc0gn1t0 act as if they're in the right and if the player only knew what was going on around them would they let them have their "fun".
Logo:

I based their logo on what the Pokemon version of the "Trollface" would likely be: the Impidimpface. I made a crude drawing of Impidimp and then added extra wrinkle lines trying to copy the aesthetic of the Trollface onto Impidimp's face. The left drawing is the "initial" Impidimpface, while you may see it here and there in the game it's not the actual logo of 1nc0gn1t0. That would be the middle Impidimpface, a more stylized version of the initial image and whenever you battle 1nc0gn1t0 that's the one which flashes on screen. The right drawing is more a concept drawing of how the holograms look like. All members of 1nc0gn1t0 use an avatar of a Pokemon's face and it would look something like this, just a neon outline.
It's eventually revealed the malicious 1nc0gn1t0 members are thinking they're stopping another mysterious organization, targeting businesses that group owns to try and stop their grab for power. They themselves learned of the group after a chance hack into one of their mainframes, accessed via an open backdoor from the darknet, and stealing both private information and advance hacking tools. The leader of 1nc0gn1t0 is revealed to be that regions Pokemon Storage System Administrator, having learned how to combine the stolen technology with the transport system to allow 1nc0gn1t0 members working with him to send Pokemon through the hologram device.
However, when that reveal happens the Pokemon Storage System Administrator is attacked, the hologram devices activate on their own and a new player enter the picture:

This is WATCHTOWER, the mysterious organization that 1nc0gn1t0 discovered who were quickly gaining power behind the scenes. WATCHTOWER would then reveal that they've been playing 1nc0gn1t0 all along, the businesses they attacked weren't owned by WATCHTOWER but rather competitors of WATCHTOWER and after the attack they were able to come in and acquire that business or at least have partial ownership. However now that the identity of 1nc0gn1t0's leader has been revealed WATCHTOWER no longer sees them as an asset so sends in a strike squad to kidnap the Pokemon Storage System Administrator and take out the player. However with the use of their Pokemon and the helpful members of 1nc0gn1t0 (all the malicious members locked out of their account via a failsafe WATCHTOWER programmed into the technology that was stolen) help the player escape and then track down WATCHTOWER and take them down.
WATCHTOWER is loosely based on the Illuminati and bit on Blackwater, their logo is a "T" and "W" with a watching eye on top, like it's watching from above a tower. They're secretly trying to take over the region but 1nc0gn1t0 learned about them and some decided to take them on directly (unknowingly being used as WATCHTOWER detected the hack immediately) while others sought to find someone they can trust to warn everyone.
There better be some cryptic shit involving Ninjask.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Been a while since I last posted and I have one more Evil Team (at least one I made a logo for):

Fine, if you want to go "dark", let's go "dark" (... THOUGH still on a level that's probably still acceptable for a kid's game, MAYBE bumping it up to an E10 or *gasp* T for Teen)!

CONCEPT: So there is a small issue with my concept for this team. Originally I had it be a villain team for a sequel game. Like, they would be like what Neo Plasma was in B2W2. Though unlike Neo Plasma the connection between the initial paired games' team wouldn't be obvious until later on and be one of the "twists". However, because of that twist, I can separate them as their own team with their own goals and motifs. And if you're wondering why I'm not explaining the initial paired games' evil team first is because that team is really tied into the region & the story I made for that region so would need more explaining. So for a thread where we're just making up Evil Teams it's easier to explain the themes of this.

THEME: Well, there theme is all in their name: they're into "eugenics". For those who don't know what it is, well good, it's a poorly thought out "science" of believes and practices concerned with improving the human species through selective breeding. Yup, someone thought that was a good idea... and of course turned out to be full of racism and having very little science backing up their beliefs and claims. Also the Nazis were big into eugenics.
Now I'm not making a team based on the Nazis, hell no. My idea for Team Eugenic is pretty much just a group of mad scientists who think they know what's best to make Pokemon "perfect" only it's easy to see the flaw with their way of improving a Pokemon.

MEMBERS: First off, Team Eugenic won't have a leader (maybe a "de facto" leader but not an official one). Instead they have the "Five Founders" who are all scientists each with their own area of expertise: Biologist, Psychologist, Spiritualist, Botanist, and (Plastic) Surgeon. In addition they're really the only recognizable members of "Team Eugenic", they don't have traditional grunts but rather followers made up of certain group of Trainer Classes (think like how in Pokemon Masters its villain team, Team Break, don't have grunts but normal trainers just wearing masks; but in my original vision the followers don't have anything identifying them part as Team Eugenic which slightly goes into a theme of conspiracy and paranoia for the player).
  • Biologist Founder: An older male biologist who is focused on a Pokemon's physical attributes, believes that specialization is the best method a species can go so does gene splicing forcing a Pokemon to focus on "dominate" stat(s) by taking away from "recessive" stats. How this works in gameplay is that he uses Pokemon which normally have balanced stats (either all stats are balanced, Atk & SpA are balanced, Def & SpD are balanced, etc.) and modifies the Pokemon so that the stat he deemed "dominate" is increased from what it is normally while other "recessive" deemed stats are taken away from. So for example if he has a Lucario he may decide it should specialize in "Special Attack" and thus modify it so instead of its stats being 70/110/70/115/70/90 it would become 70/80/60/140/60/90 (you may have noticed it has lower BST than a normal Lucario, well for game balance and to show this is a horrible thing being done for every stat that gets numbers removed from only half goes into the "dominate" stat). His Pokemon act strangely calm and focused, almost robotic and unaware of the world around them until told what to do. His followers include Scientists, Doctors, Nurses, Super Nerds, Gentlemen, & Madames.
  • Psychologist Founder: A young male psychologist who believes a Pokemon can will itself into being more effective if its life is at risk. His gimmick is that his Pokemon uses moves that are either inaccurate or have a secondary effect with a small chance of activating, however the move always hits/the secondary effect always activates but the Pokemon loses some of its HP at the end of each turn. His Pokemon act more tense and on edge, always ready to jump at the word of their trainer... failure has him using a supersonic device to "correct" their behavior. His followers include PokeManiacs, Firebreathers, Clowns, & Gamblers.
  • Spiritualist Founder: A young female spiritualist who believes a Pokemon's full potential revolves around overcoming the weakness of its Typing, she has used mystical methods to "Super Inverse" her Pokemon's Type Chart: they're now immune to what they were weak to BUT 2.5x weak to what they used to resist/be immune to. In addition her Pokemon's STAB moves do 1.75x damage but ignore resistances, weaknesses, & immunities. Her Pokemon are species which have expected ways to behave but they act in the opposite way (such as a Hitmonlee who is making boxing motions, Cinccino that likes to get dirty, etc.). Her followers include Psychics, Hex Maniacs, Artists, Ladies, & Rich Boys.
  • Botanist Founder: An older female botanist who believes a Pokemon cannot reach its full potential alone but must absorb power from nature. She has grown/synthesized special items for her Pokemon to hold. Her her gimmick is that her Pokemon all use consumable held items but at the end of a turn, if her Pokemon doesn't have their held item, they gain it back but their highest stat decreases by two stages. Her Pokemon are seemingly always tired and sluggish, releasing incenses into the air to wake them up where they act jittery. Her followers are Aroma Ladies, Gardeners, Breeders, Ranchers, & Cowgirls.
  • Surgeon Founder: A plastic surgeon of ambiguous gender and age (refers to themselves as a male), he believes a Pokemon can't be strong on the inside if its not beautiful on the outside. He has no battle gimmicks but rather all his Pokemon are Shiny, and all species which have a drastic difference in their Shiny Pokemon. However, they do not sparkle when they're sent out, and he implies that he took a "drab" Pokemon and made it "shine". He has his Pokemon act in a showy way performing dances and striking poses, however when they're idling they can be seen scratching or rubbing parts of themselves. His followers are Beauties, Swimmers, Models, & Collectors.
GOAL: They all want to create the "perfect" Pokemon, however each go a different way of trying to make a Pokemon "perfect". At first it doesn't even seem like they're working together, however each "experiment" they do is a step toward their true plan: mastering their respective skill to combine them together to create the "perfect" Pokemon from scratch.
Now it would be revealed that they aren't actually creating the "perfect" Pokemon for themselves, how can they when they all have a different vision what the "perfect" Pokemon is? Instead its revealed they're making the "perfect" Pokemon for a secret sixth member called "The Funder" who is revealed to be the boss of the previous villain team of the initial paired games. At this point the "The Funder" is a crazed nihilist who seeks to render everything down to its most basic state, seeking to create a "perfect" world by making everything blank! The Pokemon the Founders would create would be a 680 Legendary (I imagine it being a Normal/Dragon with a "Erasure Breathe" that causes things to break down/apart) but the Founders would also create 570 "Legendaries" for themselves that reflect their beliefs. I've yet to decide whether you'd be able to actually catch and use them or if they would only exist as bosses and break apart themselves when defeated; I'm leaning towards the latter as symbolism of their eugenic ideology being unsustainable.

LOGO:

The letter "E" made up of a DNA strand with a (green) wedge being driven into it, representing them manipulating with Pokemon genetics.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
My evil team would be a social commentary on 'anti-intellectualism'.

The player character is a student at a Pokemon University, with the professor being the institution's president. The 'gym leaders' are instructors at the institution, being leaders in studying their chosen types. The student enrolls in classes with each instructor as a way of earning their badges.

The rival character is met early on, who is having a meeting with the president notifying the rival that they have been expelled from the institution due to poor performance. In their rage, the rival demands justice for their expulsion and vows to get revenge. They start a media company to slander the university, which catches on like wildfire, creating the evil team which is a cult of personality around the rival. They look to destroy the university, filling it with their own people who are the true experts in their types. As a result of this huge following, the media company becomes incredibly rich and begins creating its own institutions (tech departments, energy extraction and its own university, to give examples) to assert its dominance over the region. Seemingly overnight, the region becomes full of 'zombies' that follow your rival's ideology due to effective brainwashing from its media company - yes, even the player's mom is not immune to this!).

For gameplay, the Admins and Grunts of the evil team will sign up for classes with you, and you will fight them as you work towards obtaining the badges. The game culminates in a tournament between the universities, with your university being the last bastion of critical thought that will save the region from falling into fascism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)