You're Not My Type

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
This session had some super hard prompts but I think the results of those prompts and the creativity involved w them were absolutely astounding, y'all did amazing! <3

So, when I heard "Water Ursaring", my first reaction was to do a water bear because my sense of humor is amazing. Water Bears don't have ears or eyes though, so I added Ursaring components to make sure it looked like a Water Ursaring and not just a Tardigrade pokemon.

Water/Rock Ludicolo
A lot more lax verision of regular Ludicolo, this Pokemon is weighed down by the giant geyser on its head, and spends most of its days lounging about as the steam pours out of its head.
Here's a Fighting/Bug Araquanid! I tried going for an elderly Kung-Fu master look, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

medicham

ability: king's fist
this pokemon's attacking stat is multiplied by 1.5 while using a psychic-type attack.

after years of training in the mountains, medicham have learned the way of fighting as a dragon, and their bodies have evolved to reflect that. they're seasoned warriors, often kept as royal pets or guardians.

turlip: this gentle gardener is often seen watering plants using its nifty, built-in nose-hose.

Extra Info:
Grass/Ghost-type
Ability: Shadow Shield
Stats: 137/97/89/137/107/113
Design is based off moon flowers and flower colouration under UV light
Shiny version

Process:

Took heavy inspiration from Mega Alakazam (Hence the Pose), while adding a third eye. The water type never really made sense on Kabutops personally, so we're sticking with a Rock/Psychic Kabutops for this one.
This Kabutops does not have any arms, but can control 4 scythes telepathically, it's two eyes are always closed, leading scientists to wonder what function they serve.

Huntail, the Sea Predator Pokemon

Dark/Water Type

HP: 52
Attack: 127
Defense: 52
Sp. Atk: 97
Sp. Def: 52
Speed: 105

Ability: Swift Swim / Sheer Force

DEX ENTRIES:

"It's powerful tail can be used to fire towards catches at immense speeds. It's near unmatched in terms of power and speed underwater."
"Huntail commonly fights Wailord and Wailmer in fierce underwater battles. Fishers find this Pokemon particularly useful for this task."
Comfey
Steel/Fairy
HP: 51
Atk: 52
Def: 105
SpAtk: 82
SpDef: 105
Spe: 90

Abilities: Steelworker, Triage, Regenerator

New Moves: Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Steel Beam, Wish, Snap Trap, Recover, Iron Defense, Body Press, Rapid Spin, Spikes, Healing Wish, Switcheroo, Fling, Present

Galarian Comfey, although appearing natural, grow and share silk flowers from their metallic bodies, an attribute formed from exposure to the city life of Galar. They are able to grow and form many different kinds of flowers and simulate the growth of natural life around them.

Metal forms quickly and rapidly from Galarian Comfey, to no harm. It is an artful Pokemon able to simulate the growth many different kinds of vegetation to protect itself, or to share as a sign of affection to its trainers.

Here it is! An Ice/Fire Golurk based on igloos, Inuit warriors, and the Pacific Rim robots :]
I went with Steel/Flying, making Hawlucha more of a bird that can actually fly, and giving it a metal chair to smack enemies with! For an actual lore explanation, my idea was that it finds metal objects to grip with its talons and beat enemies with, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I just wanted an excuse to draw a wrestling Pokemon smacking someone with a chair >:)

1621312355461.png

Additional info
Regional Orbeetle
Typing
:

Stats: 60 / 45 / 110 / 90 / 120 / 80 (BST: 540)
Abilities: Swarm / Unnerve / Telepathy

Athenian Gothitelle

Abilities: Trace / Cute Charm / Shadow Tag
Moves:
1 - Astonish
1 - Disarming Voice
1 - Growl
1 - Tickle
12 - Draining Kiss
16 - Charm
20 - Hex
24 - Disable
28 - Fake Tears
35 - Nasty Plot
40 - Shadow Ball
48 - Dazzling Gleam
56 - Moonblast
64 - Focus Blast

Tutor Moves:
Sparktha City - Rising Voltage

HM Moves:
Cut

Dex Entry:
It is said that Gothitelle's angelic appearance is merely a distraction. Despite it's looks, it's actually a cyclops-like creature that preys on other fairy types.

Gothita is found as an egg in Hercoal Cave, and evolves at level 17. Evolves from Gothorita using a Pink Ribbon.
1621312492586.png
1621312541589.png

dark/ghost

So, in the rules I mentioned at the beginning, I talked about how the new type must be a combination of the old type and the new one (so bugtype squirtle could be bug or bug water). However, the ruleset I gave in the PM was somewhat different; I wrote that you could add an extra type of your own. This was caused by a mistake of mine, where I copied an old YNMT submission copypasta, without editing it to fit these rules. This led to some submissions that didnt follow the original rules in this bit, which was perfectly alright on their part, as it was a result of rule inconsistencies caused by me. Either way, the submissions were absolutely stunning, but I wanted to make sure that I didnt shove the mistake under the rug, which is why i'm mentioning it here. I sincerely apologize, and will make sure to do better in the future :]

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
This session had some super hard prompts but I think the results of those prompts and the creativity involved w them were absolutely astounding, y'all did amazing! <3

View attachment 341623

So, when I heard "Water Ursaring", my first reaction was to do a water bear because my sense of humor is amazing. Water Bears don't have ears or eyes though, so I added Ursaring components to make sure it looked like a Water Ursaring and not just a Tardigrade pokemon.
View attachment 341625
Water/Rock Ludicolo
A lot more lax verision of regular Ludicolo, this Pokemon is weighed down by the giant geyser on its head, and spends most of its days lounging about as the steam pours out of its head.
Here's a Fighting/Bug Araquanid! I tried going for an elderly Kung-Fu master look, and I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

View attachment 341626
View attachment 341627

medi cool epic woaddw.png

medicham

ability: king's fist
this pokemon's attacking stat is multiplied by 1.5 while using a psychic-type attack.

after years of training in the mountains, medicham have learned the way of fighting as a dragon, and their bodies have evolved to reflect that. they're seasoned warriors, often kept as royal pets or guardians.
turdle.png

turlip: this gentle gardener is often seen watering plants using its nifty, built-in nose-hose.
View attachment 341628
Extra Info:
Grass/Ghost-type
Ability: Shadow Shield
Stats: 137/97/89/137/107/113
Design is based off moon flowers and flower colouration under UV light
Shiny version

1620998370125.png

Process:

Took heavy inspiration from Mega Alakazam (Hence the Pose), while adding a third eye. The water type never really made sense on Kabutops personally, so we're sticking with a Rock/Psychic Kabutops for this one.
This Kabutops does not have any arms, but can control 4 scythes telepathically, it's two eyes are always closed, leading scientists to wonder what function they serve.
1621001180596.png

Huntail, the Sea Predator Pokemon

Dark/Water Type

HP: 52
Attack: 127
Defense: 52
Sp. Atk: 97
Sp. Def: 52
Speed: 105

Ability: Swift Swim / Sheer Force

DEX ENTRIES:

"It's powerful tail can be used to fire towards catches at immense speeds. It's near unmatched in terms of power and speed underwater."
"Huntail commonly fights Wailord and Wailmer in fierce underwater battles. Fishers find this Pokemon particularly useful for this task."
Comfey
Steel/Fairy
HP: 51
Atk: 52
Def: 105
SpAtk: 82
SpDef: 105
Spe: 90

Abilities: Steelworker, Triage, Regenerator

New Moves: Flash Cannon, Metal Sound, Iron Head, Gyro Ball, Steel Beam, Wish, Snap Trap, Recover, Iron Defense, Body Press, Rapid Spin, Spikes, Healing Wish, Switcheroo, Fling, Present

Galarian Comfey, although appearing natural, grow and share silk flowers from their metallic bodies, an attribute formed from exposure to the city life of Galar. They are able to grow and form many different kinds of flowers and simulate the growth of natural life around them.

Metal forms quickly and rapidly from Galarian Comfey, to no harm. It is an artful Pokemon able to simulate the growth many different kinds of vegetation to protect itself, or to share as a sign of affection to its trainers.

View attachment 341631
View attachment 341632

Here it is! An Ice/Fire Golurk based on igloos, Inuit warriors, and the Pacific Rim robots :]
I went with Steel/Flying, making Hawlucha more of a bird that can actually fly, and giving it a metal chair to smack enemies with! For an actual lore explanation, my idea was that it finds metal objects to grip with its talons and beat enemies with, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I just wanted an excuse to draw a wrestling Pokemon smacking someone with a chair >:)

Steel Hawlucha_Crop.png

Additional info
Regional Orbeetle
Typing
:

Stats: 60 / 45 / 110 / 90 / 120 / 80 (BST: 540)
Abilities: Swarm / Unnerve / Telepathy
20210516_140045.jpg

Athenian Gothitelle

Abilities: Trace / Cute Charm / Shadow Tag
Moves:
1 - Astonish
1 - Disarming Voice
1 - Growl
1 - Tickle
12 - Draining Kiss
16 - Charm
20 - Hex
24 - Disable
28 - Fake Tears
35 - Nasty Plot
40 - Shadow Ball
48 - Dazzling Gleam
56 - Moonblast
64 - Focus Blast

Tutor Moves:
Sparktha City - Rising Voltage

HM Moves:
Cut

Dex Entry:
It is said that Gothitelle's angelic appearance is merely a distraction. Despite it's looks, it's actually a cyclops-like creature that preys on other fairy types.

Gothita is found as an egg in Hercoal Cave, and evolves at level 17. Evolves from Gothorita using a Pink Ribbon.

So, in the rules I mentioned at the beginning, I talked about how the new type must be a combination of the old type and the new one (so bugtype squirtle could be bug or bug water). However, the ruleset I gave in the PM was somewhat different; I wrote that you could add an extra type of your own. This was caused by a mistake of mine, where I copied an old YNMT submission copypasta, without editing it to fit these rules. This led to some submissions that didnt follow the original rules in this bit, which was perfectly alright on their part, as it was a result of rule inconsistencies caused by me. Either way, the submissions were absolutely stunning, but I wanted to make sure that I didnt shove the mistake under the rug, which is why i'm mentioning it here. I sincerely apologize, and will make sure to do better in the future :]
Unsure if it's just me, but about 50% of these images arent loading.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Unsure if it's just me, but about 50% of these images arent loading.
My guess would be that it's because they dropped their image directly on smogon as an attachment instead of inserting via an imgur link or something EDIT: yaaaay ty zeph we can see them now

Anyway cool round!! My favorite is probably Lei's Medicham, but all of those are really awesome :o (i mean at least the ones we can see rn sob)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)