Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I used to play a while back, but not in person. There's an online gaming community called BYOND, and users often create their own games on there for people to play. I've been a part of 2 YGO games there in an administration capacity and they're both really pretty cool and still operating. Has anyone ever heard of these games?

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I used to play a while back, but not in person. There's an online gaming community called BYOND, and users often create their own games on there for people to play. I've been a part of 2 YGO games there in an administration capacity and they're both really pretty cool and still operating. Has anyone ever heard of these games?
i have; dueling network is arguably the best simulator though

Ah yes, Yugioh.

The metagame really pisses me off at the moment. Dark World, Six Sams, Fairys, Jesus Christ I can't stand them. Not that there is something wrong with playing with decks you like, but it's too much. Dark World is borderline broken thanks to the new support, Six Sams are obviously broken since they can bring out two Shi-En and Stardust Dragon turn one, just ugh. Tengu Plants isn't as bad, if T.G. Hyper Librarian and Formula Synchron gets hit it'll be more manageable, as those two are the only things that really push it over the edge.

This is just my opinion though. I kinda wish they'd make more unconventional strategies more viable. The game is pretty much spam monsters faster than your opponent and then beat them to a bloody pulp and that just isn't fun all the time.

Which is funny when you consider the decks I run.

Monsters [15]:
l03l Morphtronic Celfon
l03l Morphtronic Staplen
l03l Morphtronic Remoten
l02l Morphtronic Scopen
l02l Morphtronic Radion
l01l Morphtronic Slingen
l01l Morphtronic Lantron

Spells [18]:
l02l Junk Box
l02l Morphtronic Accelerator
l02l Machine Duplication
l02l Mystical Space Typhoon
l01l Giant Trunade
l01l Dark Hole
l01l Monster Reborn
l01l One for One
l01l Book of Moon
l03l United We Stand
l02l Double Tool C&D

Traps [08]:
l02l Trap Stun
l02l Solemn Warning
l01l Solemn Judgment
l01l Torrential Tribute
l01l Mirror Force

Extra Deck [15]:
l01l Formula Synchron
l01l Armory Arm
l01l Ally of Justice Catastor
l01l Naturia Barkion
l01l Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
l01l Ancient Fairy Dragon
l01l Black Rose Dragon
l02l Power Tool Dragon
l01l Life Stream Dragon
l01l Scrap Dragon
l01l Stardust Dragon
l01l Super Star Mira
l01l Number 83: Galaxy Queen
l01l Number 34: Terror-byte

This is my Morphtronic Deck. Sometimes I swap out 1 United We Stand with a D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation because it works so amazingly well with Morphtronic Remoten and Naturia Barkion. I'm still working on a Side Deck, but I love playing with this. It's so funny to watch my opponent flip out when I'm able to spam monsters as well as Six Sams can when I roll consistently high (which is often thanks to the really bad Dice Roller thing on Dueling Network, conversely, if I roll low, I roll low consistently).

I also run Bugman:

Monsters [16]:
l03l Tour Guide from the Underworld
l02l Bugman X
l02l Bugman Y
l02l Bugman Z
l01l Super Bugman
l02l Debris Dragon
l02l Doppelwarrior
l01l Sangan
l01l Dark Armed Dragon

Spells [10]:
l02l Pot of Duality
l01l Giant Trunade
l01l Dark Hole
l01l Monster Reborn
l01l Allure of Darkness
l01l Foolish Burial
l01l Book of Moon

Traps [14]:
l03l Dimensional Prison
l02l Fiendish Chain
l02l Limit Reverse
l02l Solemn Warning
l01l Solemn Judgment
l01l Torrential Tribute
l01l Call of the Haunted
l01l Seven Tools of the Bandit

Extra Deck [15]:
l01l Orient Dragon
l02l Black Rose Dragon
l01l Dark Highlanders
l01l Scrap Dragon
l01l Stardust Dragon
l01l Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
l01l Empty Space Sea Serpent Leviael
l02l Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
l02l Number 34: Terror-byte
l01l Number 39: Aspiring Emperor Hope
l01l Number 20: Gigo-Anto Brilli-Ant
l01l Grenosaurus
l01l Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Side Deck [15]:
l03l Trap Eater
l02l D.D. Crow
l02l Effect Vieler
l02l Cyber Dragon
l02l System Down
l02l Nobleman of Crossout
l02l Gozen Match

I'm still ironing out the bugs on this deck. The idea was that the Xyz monsters currently available aren't good enough to revolve the deck around speed due to the conditions the Rank 3 Xyz monsters need to meet before being useful. So the deck focuses more on slowing the opponent down than it does speeding itself up. Trap Eater is in the side because Royal Oppression, Fiendish Chain, Anti-spell Fragrance, Imperial Iron Wall, Royal Decree, Xing Zhen Hu (etc) all hurt this deck's performance. On top of removing nasty continous traps, he gives me access to Dark Highlander - the anti-sycnhro monster.

It's been pretty fun so far.

I'm also working on an Ojama deck and ironing out the details for my Machina Gadgets. There's also the new support Watts got recently that's been fun to toy with.

I almost solely use anti-meta decks, they work very well for me. I started playing again recently after having not played for a year. I used plants back then but now that they're good I don't like using them very much, go figure. I really don't enjoy using mainstream synchro stuff. Skill Drain is very fun.

I played competitively for a while. Long story short: Competitively it costs way too much money or involves tons of stealing, I played certain metagames for fun and lost with them before they became completely broken, Konami is a bunch of assholes intent on breaking their own game over and over again

I used to play about 2 years back. Then I took a break around the time that Infernity started getting "popular" and before they were hit by the banlist. About a month ago, I started getting back into it. Librarian is a ridiculous card. There are so many decks that can get hand advantage like crazy now.

Right now I'm abusing Quasar in a Cloudian Synchro deck (fishborg is broken) and I'm also using a Doppel Plant deck that techs Spell Striker or Warwolf, occasionally, that can also get Quasar out extremely easily.

Other than that I'm also enjoying a Karakuri deck. Triple Bureido happens so easily and so fast, and nets you a +3 to hand (+6 with Chaos Infinity as a tech).

Right now I'm using DuelingDays as a blog reference. They've got some really great ideas on there and their videos are pretty awesome. I use Dueling Network (same username).

Other than that I'm also enjoying a Karakuri deck. Triple Bureido happens so easily and so fast, and nets you a +3 to hand (+6 with Chaos Infinity as a tech).
How does Chaos infinity give you extra cards? Either I'm missing something here or you're thinking of something else.
Other than that I agree. Komachi makes averything so much smoother too, I think she's my favourite card in the deck.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
I definitely recommend everyone to try to get back into yugioh. I'm not a fan of synchros at all, but I was a top player at locals when i was a young lad (10-13 years old, quit about 7 years ago) and I've enjoyed learning the game again.

So far I've made a fairly competitive deck that uses mostly old cards but does use some good ones like duality and solemn warning. Although I really did like how yugioh used to play (where themed decks were terrible because of lack of support and people ran stuff like tomato control) the metagame now is very different yet enjoyable because of all of the different themed decks that are somewhat competitive.

So what are you waiting for, join #yugioh already and destroy reyscarface.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My brother and i started playing again. We started playing waaaaaaay back at the beginning and stop pretty much when ritual summons came out. I rape my brother 80% of the time though. I'll probably join #yugioh to try to become better or at least know whats out there.

I actually wouldn't recommend getting into Yugioh at the moment. At least not with the current meta. Konami basically flipped everyone off when the March ruling came out.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
due to all the meta-hating, why don't we start a project similar to NEMEP, but for yugioh?
as for the people who don't know nemep (probably everyone), it is a pokemon creation project i started with as base concept kicking out all the old mons and making a new meta with self-created mons.

I think this might be a concept also suited very well for yugioh. ice-eyes also has notified me of a simulator that can be modded (YVD), and it's apparently mostly text files to be edit, so that should be relatively easy to do.

If anyone would be interested in helping to organize this, help with creating cards or simply play, just PM me. especially organizational help would be neat.

I had an all dragon deck is was pretty beast. But I didn't know anything about Yu-Gi-Oh competitvely. I just played with my brothers and some friends.

Nah, I've had the deck since around the March ruling. I just like experimenting with all my other decks first.
It is a really cool deck I think. It has been topping in Japan too.

http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/38736013/

I like Machina because it's cheap and I actually. I use Blackwing on simulators though.
Machina Gadget is really good. It is cheap, and consistent. You are able to use a 50 dollar Machina deck and win against Tengu, Samurai, and Gravekeeper's.

The only expensive card is Solemn Warning, but you can literally shell out 50 dollars, use a couple of Dimensional Prisons > Solemn Warning and win locals.

Ah yes, Yugioh.

The metagame really pisses me off at the moment. Dark World, Six Sams, Fairys, Jesus Christ I can't stand them. Not that there is something wrong with playing with decks you like, but it's too much. Dark World is borderline broken thanks to the new support, Six Sams are obviously broken since they can bring out two Shi-En and Stardust Dragon turn one, just ugh. Tengu Plants isn't as bad, if T.G. Hyper Librarian and Formula Synchron gets hit it'll be more manageable, as those two are the only things that really push it over the edge.

This is just my opinion though. I kinda wish they'd make more unconventional strategies more viable. The game is pretty much spam monsters faster than your opponent and then beat them to a bloody pulp and that just isn't fun all the time.

Which is funny when you consider the decks I run.

Monsters [15]:
l03l Morphtronic Celfon
l03l Morphtronic Staplen
l03l Morphtronic Remoten
l02l Morphtronic Scopen
l02l Morphtronic Radion
l01l Morphtronic Slingen
l01l Morphtronic Lantron

Spells [18]:
l02l Junk Box
l02l Morphtronic Accelerator
l02l Machine Duplication
l01l Giant Trunade
l01l Dark Hole
l01l Monster Reborn
l01l One for One
l01l Book of Moon
l03l United We Stand
l02l Double Tool C&D

Traps [08]:
l02l Trap Stun
l02l Solemn Warning
l01l Solemn Judgment
l01l Torrential Tribute
l01l Mirror Force

Extra Deck [15]:
l01l Formula Synchron
l01l Armory Arm
l01l Ally of Justice Catastor
l01l Naturia Barkion
l01l Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
l01l Black Rose Dragon
l02l Power Tool Dragon
l01l Life Stream Dragon
l01l Scrap Dragon
l01l Stardust Dragon
l01l Super Star Mira
l01l Number 83: Galaxy Queen
l01l Number 34: Terror-byte

This is my Morphtronic Deck. Sometimes I swap out 1 United We Stand with a D.D.R. - Different Dimension Reincarnation because it works so amazingly well with Morphtronic Remoten and Naturia Barkion. I'm still working on a Side Deck, but I love playing with this. It's so funny to watch my opponent flip out when I'm able to spam monsters as well as Six Sams can when I roll consistently high (which is often thanks to the really bad Dice Roller thing on Dueling Network, conversely, if I roll low, I roll low consistently).

I also run Bugman:

Monsters [16]:
l03l Tour Guide from the Underworld
l02l Bugman X
l02l Bugman Y
l02l Bugman Z
l01l Super Bugman
l02l Debris Dragon
l02l Doppelwarrior
l01l Sangan
l01l Dark Armed Dragon

Spells [10]:
l02l Pot of Duality
l01l Giant Trunade
l01l Dark Hole
l01l Monster Reborn
l01l Allure of Darkness
l01l Foolish Burial
l01l Book of Moon

Traps [14]:
l03l Dimensional Prison
l02l Fiendish Chain
l02l Limit Reverse
l02l Solemn Warning
l01l Solemn Judgment
l01l Torrential Tribute
l01l Call of the Haunted
l01l Seven Tools of the Bandit

Extra Deck [15]:
l01l Orient Dragon
l02l Black Rose Dragon
l01l Dark Highlanders
l01l Scrap Dragon
l01l Stardust Dragon
l01l Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
l01l Empty Space Sea Serpent Leviael
l02l Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
l02l Number 34: Terror-byte
l01l Number 39: Aspiring Emperor Hope
l01l Number 20: Gigo-Anto Brilli-Ant
l01l Grenosaurus
l01l Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Side Deck [15]:
l03l Trap Eater
l02l D.D. Crow
l02l Effect Vieler
l02l Cyber Dragon
l02l System Down
l02l Nobleman of Crossout
l02l Gozen Match

I'm still ironing out the bugs on this deck. The idea was that the Xyz monsters currently available aren't good enough to revolve the deck around speed due to the conditions the Rank 3 Xyz monsters need to meet before being useful. So the deck focuses more on slowing the opponent down than it does speeding itself up. Trap Eater is in the side because Royal Oppression, Fiendish Chain, Anti-spell Fragrance, Imperial Iron Wall, Royal Decree, Xing Zhen Hu (etc) all hurt this deck's performance. On top of removing nasty continous traps, he gives me access to Dark Highlander - the anti-sycnhro monster.

It's been pretty fun so far.

I'm also working on an Ojama deck and ironing out the details for my Machina Gadgets. There's also the new support Watts got recently that's been fun to toy with.
Maybe Royal Oppression or Call of the Haunted? Limiter Removal is also pretty good in the right build. They also really need to semi limit Tengu too I think.

I played competitively for a while. Long story short: Competitively it costs way too much money or involves tons of stealing, I played certain metagames for fun and lost with them before they became completely broken, Konami is a bunch of assholes intent on breaking their own game over and over again
You can build Fairy, Machina, or
Dark World. Those 3 decks are going to be the cheapest tier decks I think.

I almost solely use anti-meta decks, they work very well for me. I started playing again recently after having not played for a year. I used plants back then but now that they're good I don't like using them very much, go figure. I really don't enjoy using mainstream synchro stuff. Skill Drain is very fun.
Skill Drain always beats me. xD

I used to play about 2 years back. Then I took a break around the time that Infernity started getting "popular" and before they were hit by the banlist. About a month ago, I started getting back into it. Librarian is a ridiculous card. There are so many decks that can get hand advantage like crazy now.

Right now I'm abusing Quasar in a Cloudian Synchro deck (fishborg is broken) and I'm also using a Doppel Plant deck that techs Spell Striker or Warwolf, occasionally, that can also get Quasar out extremely easily.

Right now I'm using DuelingDays as a blog reference. They've got some really great ideas on there and their videos are pretty awesome. I use Dueling Network (same username).
Cloudian is interesting. I saw a Cloudian synchro deck before on another forum I go on.

I definitely recommend everyone to try to get back into yugioh. I'm not a fan of synchros at all, but I was a top player at locals when i was a young lad (10-13 years old, quit about 7 years ago) and I've enjoyed learning the game again.

So far I've made a fairly competitive deck that uses mostly old cards but does use some good ones like duality and solemn warning. Although I really did like how yugioh used to play (where themed decks were terrible because of lack of support and people ran stuff like tomato control) the metagame now is very different yet enjoyable because of all of the different themed decks that are somewhat competitive.

So what are you waiting for, join #yugioh already and destroy reyscarface.
I like theme decks too, but I still appreciate general strategy decks. Like Monarchs and Gadget which just control the game upon +1s just like how Tomato Control worked.

My brother and i started playing again. We started playing waaaaaaay back at the beginning and stop pretty much when ritual summons came out. I rape my brother 80% of the time though. I'll probably join #yugioh to try to become better or at least know whats out there.
You are always welcome to come, talk, and play. We are always willing to help out. You can ask Reyscarface that, he is very eager to learn new things and we always try to help him out.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
like fabbles i too, remember a time when theme decks were garbage. when i was getting back into the game around 2008ish i was always looking for general broken cards like breaker and snatch steal only to find theme decks on the rise.

as for the current meta its a pile of shit. tengu needs to get hit, librarian needs to get banned and something with samurais needs to happen. not that i think they are the best deck but they are so fucking cruise control and make a lot of unorthodox decks obsolete with shien ...

@shining_latios: no

like fabbles i too, remember a time when theme decks were garbage. when i was getting back into the game around 2008ish i was always looking for general broken cards like breaker and snatch steal only to find theme decks on the rise.

as for the current meta its a pile of shit. tengu needs to get hit, librarian needs to get banned and something with samurais needs to happen. not that i think they are the best deck but they are so fucking cruise control and make a lot of unorthodox decks obsolete with shien ...

@shining_latios: no
That reminds me of Final Countdown. It is a legitimate rogue deck, but Shi En is almost an auto win against it.

The tier 1 decks are really just tengu plant synchro, samurai, and gravekeepers, though a lot of anti-meta/stun decks are pretty viable right now as well (t.g., malefics, gadgets, etc)
All my older brother did was run a Synchro Plant Deck most recognizable of that girl with the Red hair and with the Rose Dragon Synchro card. He also did have a gadget deck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)