Media Yu-Gi-Oh discussion

Slightly off topic, but does anybody here have experience with selling Yu-Gi-Oh cards? I'm in the process of moving out of my parents house and need to clear out my old cards, and while I realize most of them are rather worthless these days because I haven't played competitively since 2007, I still have some that are worth a decent amount, including a TP2-001 Morphing Jar (best booster pack pull of my life haha). However, it doesn't appear that many people actually bid on these cards on eBay, so I was wondering if there is a more effective way to find a buyer for such a thing.

jrp

Banned deucer.
check out places like pojo too. They have people that'll take bulk old cards that you can trade in for value towards newer stuff.

/late

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So Domain Monarchs won NAWCQ today, followed by two BAPK decks in the Top 4. I think it's time these decks finally get hit. BA especially.

jrp

Banned deucer.
i'd rather see monarchs get hit than BA. You can at least play against BA, but monarchs are specifically designed to lock out the opponent

ban stormforth, limit pantheism, limit domain. Done.

Idk how i'd hit BA besides the obvious idea of banning/limiting dante. really, dante is a perfectly fine boss monster, the fact that everything in the maindeck floats is the issue.

If they hit BA and monarchs, kozmo is going to become blatantly the best deck though.

BAs have pretty much been milked for everything they have. wouldn't be surprised to see one or more of cir, scarm, or dante go to 1 so the deck ends up being about as powerful as it is in the OCG, where it's about tier 2. wouldn't be surprised to see monarchs get hit either due to them winning NAWCQs and the fact that they want to keep selling new structure decks. if you hit ehther to 1 and pantheism to 1 you neuter the deck's power, control, and consistency without killing it. if you want to murder the deck then ban pantheism and hit ehther and prime, and maybe even domain. I'd like to see stormforth stay at 3 because it's good in a lot of rogue decks and the only reason it's shitty nowadays is because of ehther.

kozmo might get hit just because they have a good matchup vs blue-eyes and would prevent blue-eyes from selling as well? i dunno, haven't been back in the game very long. OCG metagame looks fun as hell though, top 3 are D/D/Ds, ABCs, and blue-eyes, with metalfoes and BAPK following behind, which just seems really fun to play in.

I don't think any do. But outside of Rogue UA and Hieratics can make good use of it.
Stromforth has been around for ages and it's only become a problem since Monarchs have been able to make crazy plays, shut down the opponent and plus hard. Hit those things, see what happens, then hit it maybe. Doesn't necessarily have to be at 3 though.

jrp

Banned deucer.
qlis can make pretty good use of it especially since they're not super dependent on their extra, I can't think of much else besides that though
Is qli being relevant again a good thing though? Demise set 5 pass?

Demise is the reason qli are usable again, not stormforth

I suppose, but a lot of people are clamoring for Demise to get hit too

Stormforth can be used in a lot of decks whereas Ehther is really only used in Monarchs, and it's the Ehther + Stormforth combo that helps make Monarchs so strong. I have no problem with how the banlist fixes things even if Stormforth gets hit, but the more conservative and reasonable nerf is to hit Ehther over Stormforth imo.

My locals is 90% Monarch. I found out last week when I took my own Monarch deck to locals.

Do GK, Geargia, Hero, or Madolche fair best vs Monarch? I only have Domain Monarch, and I don't think Domain Monarch vs Domain Monarch is the best meta call. I would rather OTK or run hella backrow.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Effective from August 29, 2016

Banned:
PERFORMAPAL MONKEYBOARD
KAISER COLOSSEUM (????)

Limited:
CIR, MALEBRANCHE OF THE BURNING ABYSS
EHTHER, THE HEAVENLY MONARCH
KOZMO DARK DESTROYER
MAJESPECTER UNICORN - KIRIN
BEATRICE, LADY OF THE ETERNAL
EMERGENCY TELEPORT
PANTHEISM OF THE MONARCHS
PENDULUM CALL
THE MONARCHS STORMFORTH

Semi-Limited:
MAXX "C"
THUNDER KING RAI-OH
WIND-UP MAGICIAN

Unlimited:
THOUSAND-EYES RESTRICT
ALLURE OF DARKNESS
GOLD SARCOPHAGUS

Also Blue-Eyes won Worlds last week

RIP Monarchs, RIP OEM

Rank 3 spam took a big hit but they're still playable, just probably not Tier 1-worthy. Pendulums are going to survive with only 1 Kirin but they'll be a lot weaker, especially with Monkeyboard banned (they're really pushing Metalfoes). Kozmos are surprisingly playable but also a lot weaker with only 1 Dark Destroyer, and they were already falling off toward the end of this format. No hit to Card of Demise.

Wtf? That list is all over the place. Wind up magician, but no change to partyboat or hunter. Presumably next list. Kaiser colosseum, which... Nobody ever had a problem with AFAIK? I find it hard to believe that Allure is at 3 when clearly Konami hates draw, if there's a good Dark deck that can use it in the future that's gonna have to change.

Beatrice at 1 makes sense tbh. (So does construct...) As does E tele. Seems like a fair list tbh, if a bit weird (and hasn't fixed the problems with older lists).

Yeah people have been clamoring for Zenmaity to come back to 3 for years, as long as Hunter goes to 0 then Wind-Ups would have no effect on the game at all

There's a rumor that they hit Kaiser Colosseum because they didn't want to deal with the ruling confusions that it caused with Kaiju or Stormforth

Overall though I think it's a pretty good list, the only weird-ish thing (besides Kaiser Colosseum) being Maxx "C" going to 2

Hello,

I am looking for fun burn deck to play. I use to play the kind of troll, burn, stall and anit-meta decks like Blaze Fenix before I quit back in 2012.

I want to know is this a good blaze fenix deck?

I don't see link or pendulum card here so I am very confused. It has new cards so doesn't work in Edison.

Hello,

I am looking for fun burn deck to play. I use to play the kind of troll, burn, stall and anit-meta decks like Blaze Fenix before I quit back in 2012.

I want to know is this a good blaze fenix deck?

I don't see link or pendulum card here so I am very confused. It has new cards so doesn't work in Edison.
There aren’t really proper burn decks anymore. The closest you’ll get in the modern meta game is stuff like volcanics which are very fun and burn adjacent but not a true burn strategy. Here’s a basic volcanic deck although you could definitely play a much more pure variant without the runicks. Maybe play a full on fire pile with some fire kings that’d probably work pretty well.

Ok guys I need people to tell me what Snake Eye format is like
In master duel or tcg?

In master duel it’s pretty much tier zero with nothing really being able to fight it.

Same thing in tcg, but also you buy cards with real money and the deck is about $1000, which is absurdly expensive.

There’s a banlist expected sometime in the next couple of weeks, it remains to be seen what Konami will do with this format everyone hates. I’m personally in the camp that they should just ban original sinful spoil, flamberge, or limit one or multiple of ash, poplar, wanted, or diabelstar. The format sucks. Honestly I don’t expect them to do much because the meta is still pretty fresh and there’s a lot of money to be made from it, which is all the banlist is. Knowing them they’ll like semi poplar and wanted and nothing else

I want to get in to paper. And I am looking at building some type of Swordsoul with the YZ package to go in to Chaofeng to block any fire abilities.

But I cannot find any builders with a good UI for paper. Does anything like Archidekt exist but for YGO?

I want to get in to paper. And I am looking at building some type of Swordsoul with the YZ package to go in to Chaofeng to block any fire abilities.

But I cannot find any builders with a good UI for paper. Does anything like Archidekt exist but for YGO?
I’d reccomend YGOPROdeck or EdoPro. With YGOPRO you can even directly export to tcgplayer and buy the cards.

https://ygoprodeck.com/deckbuilder/
https://projectignis.github.io/

Edit: forgot to mention you can also see a bunch of decks made by people or even tournament decks via the deck tab, it’s really cool, highly reccomend it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)