Pokémon Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I am not sure if this is acceptable for endgame competitions since I have yet so much to learn about pokemons and the mechanics but for some reason I've grown to really like the game and I developed a slight obsession about stats and soft resetting lol.

My 2nd catch, I got excited for getting nearly perfect IVs (from the forum sources) and caught a Quirky 201/150/115/151/117/119 Yveltal... I thought of keeping it albeit after reading quite a bit it seems that many still favor a decent nature over good IVs for competitions, was it a good judgement call?

I did reset over 50++ times now to finally get a Modest Yveltal with the following stats and plan on using/try the first SpA/SpD build in this topic. Perhaps it is still lacking some speed?

201/130/115/166/116/110

I need some validation and expertise here, I may not play against pros but I do want to dig deep into this game and enjoy online competitions for a little while.
Speed is one of the more important stats on an offensive PKMN, probably moreso than ATK because it gives you a chance to outpace PKMN who speed tie you. The difference between a 31 ATK and a 28 on the other hand is only going to be 3 HP of damage... roughly.

I received this complimentary Gamefreak spread first try and I'm quite happy with it:
Quirky 23/31/28/31/28/31

Yveltal might be the only Pokemon in the game who wants to run neutral. Modest/Timid lose out a solid chunk of damage on the U-Turn pivot turn plus Mewtwo is not going to like Sucker Punches from a neutral nature. Hasty/Naive/Rash/Mild all lose out on a valuable defense stat which could be the difference between a boosted Kyogre Thunder KOing you or a bulky Groudon Stone Edge.

I see how it is, I thought speed would only benefit a certain set of moves/pokemons but I've been reading about mechanics all afternoon. I begin to see how important for an offensive pokemon to be tied to speed. To be honest I am slightly regretting letting go my Quirky 201/150/115/151/117/119 in order to get a Modest one. It's been hours and hours now and I've only been getting poor stats and odd natures.

The moves I am having in mind thus far are Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch and U-turn.. 252SpA/252SpD and make him partly/semi-hybrid, well not so his stats but his moves since I still will train his EVs in SpA. With a neutral nature, at this point I wouldn't mind not gaining and losing 10% SpA/Atk. If you think this is a bad idea and/or not a productive one please share your thoughts. I am here to be enlightened.

EDIT: Lol 5 minutes after making this post I got my Modest 193/135/114/166/118/119 Yveltal. Which I find to be almost at its finest with the original build I meant to go with but after these discussions I will wait for more input and thought sharing before I proceed and save my game since my above plan (stated in this same post) is still lingering on my mind.

Last edited:
I'm catching him right now and i'm gonna use this set for sure, it's quite original and powerful!Thank you :) (what would you suggest between +speed and +s attack natures)??
I'd say +SAtk, since 99 Speed really doesn't outpace anything notable in Ubers (that runs a +Spe Nature). Even in OU, the only thing relevant to outpace was Lando-T, and they weren't usually Jolly max Speed unless they were Scarfed. You are guaranteed to outspeed base 80 mons (like Mamo and Dnite) and slower even if they are max speed.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
This isn't the place to discuss Yveltal SRing. There's the XY Experiences thread in Orange Islands's XY Casual Discussion for that.

I see how it is, I thought speed would only benefit a certain set of moves/pokemons but I've been reading about mechanics all afternoon. I begin to see how important for an offensive pokemon to be tied to speed. To be honest I am slightly regretting letting go my Quirky 201/150/115/151/117/119 in order to get a Modest one. It's been hours and hours now and I've only been getting poor stats and odd natures.

The moves I am having in mind thus far are Dark Pulse, Oblivion Wing, Sucker Punch and U-turn.. 252SpA/252SpD and make him partly/semi-hybrid, well not so his stats but his moves since I still will train his EVs in SpA. With a neutral nature, at this point I wouldn't mind not gaining and losing 10% SpA/Atk. If you think this is a bad idea and/or not a productive one please share your thoughts. I am here to be enlightened.

EDIT: Lol 5 minutes after making this post I got my Modest 193/135/114/166/118/119 Yveltal. Which I find to be almost at its finest with the original build I meant to go with but after these discussions I will wait for more input and thought sharing before I proceed and save my game since my above plan (stated in this same post) is still lingering on my mind.
Seems solid. I would recommend enough speed to outpace Jolly Breloom. 263 speed stat is what you want to hit at level 100.... least that's what this game used to be about.

You could probably take out of Sp Def

Seems solid. I would recommend enough speed to outpace Adamant Breloom and Jolly Tyranitar. 245 speed stat is what you want to hit at level 100.... least that's what this game used to be about.
Most likely its good to outspeed neutral Base 95's (like Kyurem-W and Rayquaza) in Ubers, and Jolly Base 80s (Dragonite and Mamoswine) in OU. Yveltal doesn't care much about speed since it has Sucker Punch (which is insanely strong after STAB and Dark Aura).

Seems solid. I would recommend enough speed to outpace Adamant Breloom and Jolly Tyranitar. 245 speed stat is what you want to hit at level 100.... least that's what this game used to be about.
Most likely its good to outspeed neutral Base 95's (like Kyurem-W and Rayquaza) in Ubers, and Jolly Base 80s (Dragonite and Mamoswine) in OU. Yveltal doesn't care much about speed since it has Sucker Punch (which is insanely strong after STAB and Dark Aura).
You're right but Jolly Breloom is an important thing to not die to, especially if ya'll play on wi-fi with no sleep clause.

You're right but Jolly Breloom is an important thing to not die to, especially if ya'll play on wi-fi with no sleep clause.
The spread I listed outspeeds Jolly Loom by a long Shot (and OHKOs with Oblivion Wing). 224 EVs outpaces Loom and Base 95s without a +Spe Nature.

Duckster Yeah after some maths I will remain with the first build of this guide, Modest and focus SpA/SpD and switch Hurricane with Sucker Punch.

Mario With Lasers Apologies , I may have mentioned a lot about my SRing but I mainly meant to discuss his stats and builds as I elaborated with the little knowledge I have thus far. I have been using Yveltal and the discussions in this post to understand how things goes, I did not mean to go off track the guide. I will remain purely in topic now. Also thanks for all the replies and the excellent indepth guide which I did not mention earlier.

I've fought a lot of Yveltal on Wifi and Mega-Mawile doesn't really care about them.

LO Focus Blast while damaging does around 60% Damage and my Mawile has NO investment in Special Defense and has only 19 Sp.D IV, so she obviously takes less with perfect, some SP.D investment can easily make this 2HKO a 3HKO, and 3HKO with Focus Blast is a huge gamble considering its shaky accuracy.

Rough Play OHKOs LO/CS Yveltal even coming from a neutral nature and 0 Attack.

If Yveltal doesn't carry Focus Blast then it's even easier for Mawile to wall it.

I've fought a lot of Yveltal on Wifi and Mega-Mawile doesn't really care about them.

LO Focus Blast while damaging does around 60% Damage and my Mawile has NO investment in Special Defense and has only 19 Sp.D IV, so she obviously takes less with perfect, some SP.D investment can easily make this 2HKO a 3HKO, and 3HKO with Focus Blast is a huge gamble considering its shaky accuracy.

If Yveltal doesn't carry Focus Blast then it's even easier for Mawile to wall it.
That's true, Mega Mawlie doesn't care about Yveltal or Xerneas actually.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor

But you can't assume you're opponent has perfect Pokemon either.

Timid Yveltal vs 0 Sp.Def Investment M-Mawile : 252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 179-212 (58.88 - 69.73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Modest Yveltal vs 0 Sp.Def Investment M-Mawile : 252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 198-233 (65.13 - 76.64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Timid Yveltal vs Max Investment M-Mawile (Careful) : 252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 127-151 (41.77 - 49.67%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Modest Yveltal vs Max Investment M-Mawile (Careful) : 252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 140-166 (46.05 - 54.6%) -- 60.55% chance to 2HKO

Meanwhile

M-Mawile with no attack investment VS no Defense Investment Yveltal : +2 0 Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 422-498 (134.39 - 158.59%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And for fun, max attack investment : +2 252+ Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 578-684 (184.07 - 217.83%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Attack Investment M-Mawile vs max defense Investment Yveltal : +2 0 Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 302-356 (80.31 - 94.68%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pretty good.

Small nitpick, but shouldn't psychic be italicized, as it's, like, a good move? To a lesser extent, dragon claw, shadow ball, and torment are pretty good too.

Timid Yveltal vs 0 Sp.Def Investment M-Mawile : 252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 179-212 (58.88 - 69.73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Modest Yveltal vs 0 Sp.Def Investment M-Mawile : 252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 198-233 (65.13 - 76.64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Timid Yveltal vs Max Investment M-Mawile (Careful) : 252 SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 127-151 (41.77 - 49.67%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Modest Yveltal vs Max Investment M-Mawile (Careful) : 252+ SpA Life Orb (custom) Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD (custom): 140-166 (46.05 - 54.6%) -- 60.55% chance to 2HKO

Meanwhile

M-Mawile with no attack investment VS no Defense Investment Yveltal : +2 0 Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 422-498 (134.39 - 158.59%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And for fun, max attack investment : +2 252+ Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 4 HP / 0 Def (custom): 578-684 (184.07 - 217.83%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Attack Investment M-Mawile vs max defense Investment Yveltal : +2 0 Atk (custom) Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def (custom): 302-356 (80.31 - 94.68%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pretty good.
Mega Mawile gets sacred sword?

Fairy isn't the calc.

I used a fighting custom Pokemon using a 90BP move versus a custom Normal pokemon so it would be SE.

Lately been doing free random match ups and so far I can pretty much sweep all the teams I come across with Oblivion Wing is so amusing haha! I really love this new pokemon its growing on me alot =3

Currently have a perf hp, sp atk, speed with Rash nature. the other stats are 148 atk, 107 def, 105 spD.

Would this work with build #2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)