Pokémon Yveltal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about a good companion for Yveltal I suppose he should go with Scizor like bread goes with butter(mainly to counter Xerneas )U-turn 4ev attack hasty Yveltal vs modest 0 def 0hp Xerneas =17,91-20,89% damage choice band 252 +att scizor's bullet punch=82,08-92,01% damage = KO(unless you are really but REEEEEALY unlucky) and since the opponent will likely switch his beloved Xerneas you could also fake a CB Scizor and instead use (Mega?)SD Scizor boosting your attack.

Thinking about a good companion for Yveltal I suppose he should go with Scizor like bread goes with butter(mainly to counter Xerneas )U-turn 4ev attack hasty Yveltal vs modest 0 def 0hp Xerneas =17,91-20,89% damage choice band 252 +att scizor's bullet punch=82,08-92,01% damage = KO(unless you are really but REEEEEALY unlucky) and since the opponent will likely switch his beloved Xerneas you could also fake a CB Scizor and instead use (Mega?)SD Scizor boosting your attack.
Or aegislash.
Aegislash handles xerneas with iron head or gyro ball, and yveltal protects aegislash from earthquakers

While I understand that this thread is not for SR discussion, I don't really think this question would apply somewhere else. I know I'm not the only one who's sitting in front of Yveltal right now, trying to decide what set to go with so I can move on. I want to use him competitively eventually, and I don't know if I'll restart my game. Unfortunately nature is one of the only things you can't change, so I was wondering what you guys thing is the most versatile nature for Yveltal (or that will see the most play, or at least be very useful in one set or multiple). At this point, I'm leaning toward mixed Yveltal with +SpAtk, so mild or rash. Do you guys think SpAtk is more important than speed? That's the consensus I've been getting - that and mixed will be more useful than a modest/timid set.
tl;dr: what's the most beneficial nature I can get right now, not knowing exactly what set I will use/what is the most versatile nature for Yveltal?
Thanks!

While I understand that this thread is not for SR discussion, I don't really think this question would apply somewhere else. I know I'm not the only one who's sitting in front of Yveltal right now, trying to decide what set to go with so I can move on. I want to use him competitively eventually, and I don't know if I'll restart my game. Unfortunately nature is one of the only things you can't change, so I was wondering what you guys thing is the most versatile nature for Yveltal (or that will see the most play, or at least be very useful in one set or multiple). At this point, I'm leaning toward mixed Yveltal with +SpAtk, so mild or rash. Do you guys think SpAtk is more important than speed? That's the consensus I've been getting - that and mixed will be more useful than a modest/timid set.
tl;dr: what's the most beneficial nature I can get right now, not knowing exactly what set I will use/what is the most versatile nature for Yveltal?
Thanks!
You want speed to outrun scarf breloom and you might want want more special attack to make oblivion wing even more threatening, so i say choose your pick. Hasty or Mild. Want to lower defense instead of special defense since you want to be able to survive the boltbeam combo

Thanks!
I'm no pokémon master but i'd say hasty
1)it's a shame not using Yveltal attack since it's 130 and he can run moves like suckerpunch and U-turn.
2)U-turn is reallly good on Yveltal given the fact that his typing it's not so great defensively speaking, with an hasty nature he will probably use U-turn first when he's in need.

1)it's a shame not using Yveltal attack since it's 130 and he can run moves like suckerpunch and U-turn.
2)U-turn is reallly good on Yveltal given the fact that his typing it's not so great defensively speaking, with an hasty nature he will probably use U-turn first when he's in need.
I would say his typing is a mixed bag since he's weak to boltbeam and the monstrous fairy, but resists dark and ghost (both of which will now be much more common)while being immune to earthquake

You want speed to outrun scarf breloom and you might want want more special attack to make oblivion wing even more threatening, so i say choose your pick. Hasty or Mild. Want to lower defense instead of special defense since you want to be able to survive the boltbeam combo
Thanks for the input! I actually ended up going with +SpAtk - SpDef, as I got a Rash 23/31/31/31/31/31 on about the fifth try (!). Rash still works, yeah?

I'm stuck on Yveltal as well and now I'm stuck between choosing Mild and Hasty... I don't like the idea of Yveltal losing power just to hit faster. Is it still powerful enough to where it won't need a positive attacking nature?

I have a little dilema. I got my hands on a Hasty, Luxary Ball Yveltal with these IV 31/24/31/15/31/31. Should I keep it or reset?

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope you didn't. You want max of at least one offensive stat. 15 is really bad for SpA and 24 is just not maximum firepower. Hasty especially negates the whole purpose of having those 31 Defense IVs.

I know it probably doesn't but can someone check if big root affects oblivion wing
C'mon people, google.

According to the top 5 results I looked into it appears that it does. Big root boosts recovery for HP draining moves and Oblivion wing falls under that category.

Of course, this means that Oblivion Wing will recover 97.5% of the damage done. Holy living mother of fuck.
Has anyone tried this with any success?

C'mon people, google.

According to the top 5 results I looked into it appears that it does. Big root boosts recovery for HP draining moves and Oblivion wing falls under that category.

Of course, this means that Oblivion Wing will recover 97.5% of the damage done. Holy living mother of fuck.
Has anyone tried this with any success?
I haven't, but by Arceus I am tempted to now... that's a potentially devastating combo, I mean obviously there are Pokemon who resist it, but Flying doesn't have any types who are 100% immune, you ARE therefore guaranteed at least some recovery (the exception being Protect or the like, I can't think of any Abilities off the bat which would prevent a Pokemon from taking Flying Type Damage, or Held Items which would do the same... technically Wonder Guard but only Shedinja can have that, yes? And it'd take damage from Flying moves)

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Honestly guys I've been playing around with Yveltal and I've had a lot of success with Assault Vest. Yveltal doesn't mind being taunted at all and you can heal with Oblivion Wing, while the SDef boost is really nice and it lets you tank Thunders and Ice Beams like nothing.

I've been using Mild 252 HP / 252 SAtk and it's been pretty cool.

Can't believe those sets haven't been mentioned (Or maybe I missed them)

Stall

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Trait: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Docile
- Snarl
- Oblivion Wing / Roost
- Disable / Torment
- Foul Play / Sucker Punch

Scarf

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 Atk
Nature: Naive / Docile
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing / Air Slash (Flinch?)
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn

Acro-Thief Hone-Rush

Yveltal @ Flying Gem
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
- Hone Claws
- Dragon Rush
- Acrobatics
- Thief

Power Herb

Yveltal @ Power Herb
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Sky Attack / Phantom Force
- Thief
- U-Turn

Has anyone brought up how Ho-oh pretty much counters Ho-oh yet? I was wondering if there was a way I could use Yvetal against it.

Thing is I only have a Naive Synchronizer, what kind of EV and IV spread would suffice?
Might want to try getting your hands on Modest/Timid or Mild/Lonely (or other decent "mixed" natures that don't drop special bulk if you want to make use of Sucker Punch), IVs would depend on whatever you shoot for. Prioritize SpA, Spe, HP if the former and Atk/Spa/Spe if the latter I guess.

What are the neutral natures for?

Edit:

vvv First post in this thread would you help you with that, but due to the likelihood of mediocre defense IVs, I'd just go 252 SpA/252 Spe for non-simulator use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)